June SDK - Bungie brings 1080p for Destiny on Xbox One

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

@santoron said:

@Scipio8 said:

The June SDK boosts performance and brings platform parity. Bungie says Destiny on Xbox One will be 1080p a boost from the previously rumoured 900p resolution. This will be the beginning of the end of Resolution gate. What have cows go to cow about now?

Everyone knew it would boost performance, derp. Platform parity? lolno. Freeing system resources doesn't change the hardware inside. And the XB1 has a notably inferior GPU, and slower RAM. 50 patches won't change this.

Threads like this set yourself up for more ownage in short order.

Dude, it doesn't matter how much gas you got left in your tank whether it is a quarter or half as long as you get to your destination. Yes, by raw power the PS4 is 500GFLOPS more powerful but in real world terms it wouldn't matter if both consoles can achieve parity with games.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@draign said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

The June SDK boosts performance and brings platform parity. Bungie says Destiny on Xbox One will be 1080p a boost from the previously rumoured 900p resolution. This will be the beginning of the end of Resolution gate. What have cows go to cow about now?

TCHBO. Greatness is coming.

So just like the cows the lems have been waiting for greatness too?

No, unless the greatness you speak of is Master Chief...

Great all 4 halo games and the DLC..... Something i've NEVER experienced before....

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

i have a funny feeling that we are all going to be awaiting greatness for a very long time this gen, worst launch and first year line up ever on both consoles, most of the games people can play without even buying a next gen console.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

RIP, Xbox One
Greatness almost arrived, but fell short.

But all joking aside, are Bungie being massive trolls to Microsoft for any particular reason? What happened?

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3414 Posts

@blackace: If this is true, you think that something won't be sacrificed for that 1080p output? You Lems are becoming pathetic, why are you so desperate for multiplat parity when PS4 is objectively the more powerful console. You didn't see Cows all desperate for that during the PS2 era. Just accept MS made the less powerful system and don't expect PS4 to be held back because of that. Deal with it.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Actually if you listen to the live commentary, both xboxone and ps4 may be 60fps during the competitive multiplayer.

This remains to be seen.

Everyone may win with this one.

until then.

Enjoy some destiny goodness

Loading Video...

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

@santoron said:

@Scipio8 said:

Everyone knew it would boost performance, derp. Platform parity? lolno. Freeing system resources doesn't change the hardware inside. And the XB1 has a notably inferior GPU, and slower RAM. 50 patches won't change this.

Dude, it doesn't matter how much gas you got left in your tank whether it is a quarter or half as long as you get to your destination. Yes, by raw power the PS4 is 500GFLOPS more powerful but in real world terms it wouldn't matter if both consoles can achieve parity with games.

Definitely, for games that are below the capability of both consoles, they will look and perform pretty much identically. But if games are pushing the consoles (which is what we're hoping to see from our expensive new toys) You're going to see more compromises on the XB1 to "get to the finish line". That's what big production games do.

Games will still play great on XB1. Hell, Games will still look great on XB1. But the XB1 will likely have the graphically inferior version of every major multiplat this gen. And if the PC gets the game, it'll go PC>PS4>XB1. If you understand and accept that, you're going to have a fun gen. If you believe MS can fix the deficit in power with patches, or clouds, or DX12, or whatever you're going to be frustrated a lot this gen.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@daious said:

Actually if you listen to the live commentary, both xboxone and ps4 may be 60fps during the competitive multiplayer.

This remains to be seen.

wat??? source?? would love it to be 60fps in multiplayer

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Animal-Mother

@delta3074 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

i have a funny feeling that we are all going to be awaiting greatness for a very long time this gen, worst launch and first year line up ever on both consoles, most of the games people can play without even buying a next gen console.

Yeah I feel as if this generation started a year too early.

And I fully agree. Everyone's waiting

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@draign said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

Great all 4 halo games and the DLC..... Something i've NEVER experienced before....

Youve experienced the greatness, which is Master Chief, before...and you shall again.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@daious said:

This remains to be seen.

until then.

Loading Video...

this looks so basic...like this is depressing to watch.....

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

@Scipio8 said:

@santoron said:

@Scipio8 said:

That was the stupidest comment I've seen all day. Could it be anymore irrelevant to what he just said?

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

BOOM goes the dynamite

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts
@Scipio8 said:

The June SDK boosts performance and brings platform parity. This will be the beginning of the end of Resolution gate. What have cows go to cow about now?

Saved for ownage.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts
@Dire_Weasel said:

Cool. I don't know anyone getting Destiny on the Xbox One, though, they all pre-ordered to get into the Playstation 4 Destiny beta.

xbox one gets beta too lol

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

Good! Still getting it on PS4 :D

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Someone watched that gameplay and thought it was 60 fps?

Wowzers....

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@daious said:

Yeah I listened to Major Nelson podcast on bungie/destiny.

The more GPU allocation allowed the xboxone version to get a higher resolution. It seems like it was chilling in 900p before.

They acknowledge that they were working to fix the resolution issues. They intended it to be 900p and the game was built around it until recently. To get it to 1080p they hit a loss of frame rate. It was suppose to be 900p and 40+ fps. Now it is 1080p and 30fps.

30 fps for a shooter is going to be brutal.

not if the 30 frames is very solid.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#69  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

i'm sure the digital foundry analysis for destiny will be more thrilling than the birth of salt the fries' progeny.

very funny +1

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3414 Posts

@blackace: If this is true, you think that something won't be sacrificed for that 1080p output? You Lems are becoming pathetic, why are you so desperate for multiplat parity when PS4 is objectively the more powerful console. You didn't see Cows all desperate for that during the PS2 era. Just accept MS made the less powerful system and don't expect PS4 to be held back because of that. Deal with it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Be ready to experience JAGGIES, next gen jaggies on X1. Something will be sacrificed for this and that thing is always AA

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@daious said:
@misterpmedia said:

Wonder what graphical effects will be sacrificed for this. Depth of field is a popular one so far in comparisons. Maybe the AA will take a hit.

We know the frame rate was at least a sacrifice. They dropped the frame rate and have it at 30fps.

In case you are curious (as you probably are) the PS4 is 1080p @60fps

LMFAO!

Considering the last games on the PS4 have been 900p 30fps. 30fps is here to stay son.

Drive Club

The Order

Uncharted 4 TARGETING 60 fps

You been sniffing the paint son?

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Daious

@b4x said:

@daious said:
@misterpmedia said:

Wonder what graphical effects will be sacrificed for this. Depth of field is a popular one so far in comparisons. Maybe the AA will take a hit.

We know the frame rate was at least a sacrifice. They dropped the frame rate and have it at 30fps.

LMFAO!

Considering the last games on the PS4 have been 900p 30fps. 30fps is here to stay son.

Drive Club

The Order

Uncharted 4 TARGETING 60 fps

You been sniffing the paint son?

Don't shoot the messenger. I don't even own a ps4 or xboxone.

If it make you feel better, apparently the open world/story segments are targeted 30fps for all consoles (PS3 and xbox360 included)

Competitive multiplayer is a grab bag right now. It seems to be uncapped atm/up to 60fps. The live people chilling at E3 booths stated that the target might be both 60fps on this gen consoles. It would be great if both consoles were 60fps.

Bungie is my favorite console shooter developer. Yet every time I do something pro-bungie i get either assassinated by cows or lemmings. I don't get it. They are console developers.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 B4X

@daious: I hear ya. Seems odds are starting to lean towards 30fps in demanding games.

Well see if they can squeeze more blood out of the turnip though.

Destiny is a huge play box from want I have been seeing so far. Impress me Bungie.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Daious

@b4x said:

@daious: I hear ya. Seems odds are starting to lean towards 30fps in demanding games.

Well see if they can squeeze more blood out of the turnip though.

Destiny is a huge play box from want I have been seeing so far. Impress me Bungie.

Apparently I am the only one hyping this game AAA.

Shooter crowd seem to hate it because its an MMO.

MMO crowd hates it because its not a "real" MMO.

Everyone else hates it because its Bungie

Yet everyone at the booths love the game (but that doesn't matter apparently)

I will be honest; I am jealous this game is not coming out on PC. I have a 360/PS3 I could rock it out on but I feel like a game of this magnitude should be played on current gen consoles not last but neither sony/ms have done enough to convince me to make a jump. Best Buy and Gamestop trade in is tempting though.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By B4X

@daious: Playing this game on older hardware would be serviceable. If that's what you had.

At least you can still experience it. Games are games after all.

I'm hoping they knock it out of the park too.

They should bring it to the PC crowd. I think this game is designed for the PC crowd. It would be a major hit on the PC in my opinion.

A lot of console guys just love the PEWPEW. When you have this many resources tied up into one product, you have to maximize the revenue.

Not bringing it to the PC is a business failure IMO.

We'll see.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I'm beyond confident that Destiny is going to end up being 1080p/60fps in the way that ONLY PS4 CAN PROVIDE. ERRRM...Just like Watch Dogs.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5819 Posts

30fps on Xbox One but 60fps on PS4, keep dreaming.

more FPS maybe but in all likely hood it will be locked to 30fps for a better game.

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@xhawk27 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

You're an idiot. PS4 will still have the best version of Destiny. Also PS4 gets Little Big Planet 3 in November. Sunset Overflop can't compete with that.

I think you are the idiot if you think LBP3 and compete with Project Spark.

Yeah sure

Little Big Planet - 95 metascore

Little Big Planet 2 - 91 metacore

Little Big Planet VITA even has an 88 metascore(made by Sumo Digital)

Little Big Planet was one of the most critically acclaimed new IPs last generation and LBP3 will only build on that . Project Spark has proven nothing and is free 2 play garbage until it proves otherwise. Also Project Spark isn't exclusive because Microsoft first party is garbage.

LBP will slaughter Project Spark for sure. I'm just really disappointed that I wont get to play Sunset Overdrive and Phantom Dust 2.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 tdkmillsy

@funkmaster1233 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@xhawk27 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

You're an idiot. PS4 will still have the best version of Destiny. Also PS4 gets Little Big Planet 3 in November. Sunset Overflop can't compete with that.

Yeah sure

Little Big Planet was one of the most critically acclaimed new IPs last generation and LBP3 will only build on that . Project Spark has proven nothing and is free 2 play garbage until it proves otherwise. Also Project Spark isn't exclusive because Microsoft first party is garbage.

LBP will slaughter Project Spark for sure. I'm just really disappointed that I wont get to play Sunset Overdrive and Phantom Dust 2.

LPB3 isn't exclusive either.

Project Spark is awesome Its still in beta but there is a big community and growing all the time.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@funkmaster1233 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@xhawk27 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

Yeah sure

LPB3 isn't exclusive either.

Project Spark is awesome Its still in beta but there is a big community and growing all the time.

And actually Project Spark has been in works for a really long time, actually it is an evolution of that Kodu technology Microsoft's been tinkering since 2008! What excites me the most is the ability to do your own motion capture and voice-recording with Kinect. You can be a bona fide game director.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@daious said:

@Scipio8 said:

@daious said:
@misterpmedia said:

You got a link to prove it will be 1080p/60fps on PS4?

Yup here

The huge leaked alpha footage just like 5 days ago was also confirmed to be 1080p 60fps.

The Playstation 4 Alpha starts in 2 days too. I sure DF will get their hands on it too.

""He was asked by a fan if the shared-world first-person shooter is running at the 1080p native resolution with a frame rate clip of 60. Although he did not provide any specific details, he personally believed that "Destiny" was running "great."""

no confirmation.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@daious said:

@Scipio8 said:

@daious said:
@xhawk27 said:

@daious said:
@misterpmedia said:

Link? Yeah I thought so. Like Infamous or Delayclub is @60fps.

Look at the post below yours.

I thought I was like the only person who cared about Destiny on these forums. I been making threads the past few weeks and no one really showed interest.

Its 1080p/30fps on PS4 too. To be honest I rather have 900p/60fps but hey everyone seems to care only for resolution these days.

It is 1080p/60fps on the PS4. I literally just gave you a link.

The latest alpha build had it at 1080p 60fps.

The Alpha build in may was confirmed 1080p 60fps.

The original build last year was 1080 60fps

First link already handled, second link.
""We're looking at 30fps gameplay with only the tiniest of drops in intense fire-fights.""

no where in the article is 60fps posted.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Yeah, we'll see what effects take a hit, but Bungie is damn talented, so I have faith the Xbox One version will look and play great. Im still not sold on the game itself yet, but seeing the boost of the June update is nice indeed.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 shawn30

@Animal-Mother said:

@draign said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

Not all on one disk, all 1080p/60 fps, with the weekly Ridely Scott Halo series included for free and Halo 5 beta this year. Try again, lol :)

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Honestly, I'd rather have 60fps than 1080p...

scraper2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#88 scraper2k
Member since 2009 • 53 Posts

Bla bla bla, end of the day every PS4 game will be higher res and frame rate than the X1's version. It just has more power for games :)

Its up to the devs if they do it, some game devs have already said PS4 can do 1080/60 with ease and they need to work harder to get the X1 to 1080/60, its not a straight forward system, needs to much tweaking.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

more FPS maybe but in all likely hood it will be locked to 30fps for a better game.

Tomb Raider says high.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

So?

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

@daious said:

This remains to be seen.

until then.

Loading Video...

The more I see of this game, the more my interest drops. Had a buddy who was really interested say the same thing last night.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By tdkmillsy

@tormentos said:

@tdkmillsy said:

Tomb Raider says high.

Multiple versions newer SDK says wakey wakey. Tomb Raider was locked at 30fps and didn't keep 60fps very well on PS4.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@WilliamRLBaker:

also this:-

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-09-destinys-xbox-one-resolution-raised-after-kinect-gpu-reserve-removal

It means that the game will now run at the same resolution and frame-rate as its PlayStation 4 version - also 1080p 30fps.

If that's the fact Jack then... TCHBO !! Once again... :P

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tdkmillsy

@SecretPolice said:

@sts106mat said:

@WilliamRLBaker:

also this:-

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-09-destinys-xbox-one-resolution-raised-after-kinect-gpu-reserve-removal

It means that the game will now run at the same resolution and frame-rate as its PlayStation 4 version - also 1080p 30fps.

If that's the fact Jack then... TCHBO !! Once again... :P

Makes sense

Previously

Xbox One 900p 30fps

PS4 1080p 30fps

I thought this was going to be the norm. The PS4 doesn't have the power to have higher resolution and 30fps more.

Xbox One got a resolution upgrade now they are the same. Well done Microsoft

I do think there will be some in game differences that normal people wont care about but crazy fanboys on these forums will claim victory with.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Animal-Mother

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@draign said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

Not all on one disk, all 1080p/60 fps, with the weekly Ridely Scott Halo series included for free and Halo 5 beta this year. Try again, lol :)

..... You're posts become more and more just fuckin ridiculous.

Who gives a shit if it's on one disc. I've experienced it before. The campaigns aren't gonna change because they're now all one one disc. Big fuckin whoop. So please keep defending this. It's hilarious how desperate you are.

I've played through the halos plenty of times. Sure it's gonna get prettier, but the core fundamentals won't change.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 tdkmillsy

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@draign said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

Who gives a shit if it's on one disc. I've experienced it before. The campaigns aren't gonna change because they're now all one one disc. Big fuckin whoop. So please keep defending this. It's hilarious how desperate you are.

I do and I've played them before. I'll play them again, then watch the series then play the beta.

Its like getting Uncharted 1-3, and Uncharted TV series and Uncharted 4 beta on one disk. That would be awesome for fans of that series that have played or would like to play it.

Its a damn good deal.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Animal-Mother

@tdkmillsy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@draign said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

I do and I've played them before. I'll play them again, then watch the series then play the beta.

Its like getting Uncharted 1-3, and Uncharted TV series and Uncharted 4 beta on one disk. That would be awesome for fans of that series that have played or would like to play it.

Its a damn good deal.

And i'll play it again too, halo's great. Sure the graphical bump is nice. But it's incredibly dumb to say the experience will be better because i didn't experience "not all on one disk"

It's stupid. And i'm sorry @Shawn30 But it's incredibly dumb.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 shawn30

@Animal-Mother said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@draign said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@blackace said:

@Scipio8 said:

Its a damn good deal.

And i'll play it again too, halo's great. Sure the graphical bump is nice. But it's incredibly dumb to say the experience will be better because i didn't experience "not all on one disk"

Different strokes for different folks, man. I think its an incredible experience to have four full campaigns, 100 maps, full Spec-Ops, episodic Halo series directed by Ridley Scott and Halo 5 beta. If you don't think that's incredible then I don't know what to say, specifically at 60 bucks on dedicated servers while all running at 1080p/60fps.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Animal-Mother

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Its a damn good deal.

Different strokes for different folks, man. I think its an incredible experience to have four full campaigns, 100 maps, full Spec-Ops, episodic Halo series directed by Ridley Scott and Halo 5 beta. If you don't think that's incredible then I don't know what to say, specifically at 60 bucks on dedicated servers while all running at 1080p/60fps.

Don't get me wrong, i'm gonna play this shit because halo is incredibly solid franchise.

But it's not not incredible when Halo1-4 have been available for a really LONG time.

I've played Halo 1,2,3,4, Reach all co-operatively. Beat all the campaigns on legendary aside from ODST, I've played all the spec ops missions, i've seen pretty much all of what the games have to offer. Is it a good deal? Yeah. Is it this incredible game changer with a new experience? No, because i've experienced upwards of 95% of the content that will be on that disc..... And so have many others. Upwards of 10 million per game and lol at hyping a beta.

Guess you lems don't have much to look forward too if you're hyping a beta.