Judge rules against SONY, allows class action suit on KZ:SF

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Lems have no games so they've turned to the judicial system for entertainment.

This just in, Non consumers can sue companies because of products they've never owned or used.

This my friends is why Sheen's are the morons of system wars.

You have the balls to call cows or sheens as you like to call them morons when lems are just the same if not more so. Fanboys are idiots but don't act like it's one group.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

SDC.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

Its things like this that almost make me give up on humanity, have all these pathetic losers nothing better to do than to try and sue someone over the graphics in a video game?!?!?!

Jesus christ what the **** has this world come to, with all of the current problems and suffering in the world the biggest problem these fucking weirdos have is the graphics of a video game, im speechless.

Send them all round to my house and i'll shoot them myself to put them out of their pain and agony.

For the good of mankind i hope this doesn't get anywhere.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

Oh god... American lawsuits. Where the dumb can sue people over any kind of crap and even win.
"Blurry to the point of distraction"? What? Until there was an article pointing out that MP wasn't full 1080p I think hardly anyone even noticed.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#55  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I was going to defend KZ but you shouldn't lie to your customer.

I know in the USA culture you are expected to lie about your products to make them sell, but there are laws against it even in the USA and IMO we shouldn't tolerate that corporate mindset of 'as long as it makes money it is justified' and the idea of this age being called the 'age of misinformation' because of all the (deception in) advertising and press releases, sounds like a black page in our future history books. So I am kinda in favor of this lawsuit being taken seriously (for a change) but the story sounds hard to believe. It's difficult to take seriously. I'm sure there are many worse offenders in this industry even in the past year.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

Companies should always be honest about the resolution, hopefully this will make them think twice before trying to falsely advertise their games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@lostrib said:

This is just silly

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Why is it bad for everyone? No matter who it is, if it makes them think twice about not being clear, than it's a good thing. Sony could have been clear from the start about what sort of 1080p it was.

Would I have done it? No. But it's annoying when companies cherry pick things for marketing purposes and it turns out not to be the full story.

I agree that sony should have not done that shit the game is 1080i not 1080p online.

But all last gen companies have been doing that,COD has been sub 720p all gen long and on the back clearly say 480p,720p,1080i and 1080p,the game is not clearly 720p nor 1080i or 1080p,many other games have done this to claim 720p on the box but are not,is a stupid thing to sue for.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@delta3074 said:

@kuu2 said:

Liars must be punished.

They didn't exactly lie, only if you want to split hairs, they just neglected to say what kind of 1080p it was.

People taking out Lawsuits over Minor crap like this is bad for everyone , not just SONY, imagine if people decided to Sue for all the 'ONLY on XBOX' games that turned out not to be.

Why is it bad for everyone? No matter who it is, if it makes them think twice about not being clear, than it's a good thing. Sony could have been clear from the start about what sort of 1080p it was.

Would I have done it? No. But it's annoying when companies cherry pick things for marketing purposes and it turns out not to be the full story.

Because people will start nitpicking like this all over the place and Nitpicking minor details to hell and back will become a Multi billion Dollar industry.

He could have just taken the game back and got a refund if he didn't like it, this Falls into the Category of Suing over 'silly things' it will Cost the Taxpayer because any sort of court costs the Taxpayer and the end Costs of this will be well above the complaints Merit.

This guys not interested in Defending consumer rights, hes looking for a TON of cash over a minor detail that most people would just shrug off.

Yes, SONY lied but it was such an insignificant Lie that it does not deserve this kind of attention.

'But it's annoying when companies cherry pick things for marketing purposes and it turns out not to be the full story.'

Which is every Advert you see on the TV, you look at any product and you will find it doesn't it do Something that the people who made it said it would or it doesn't do it as well as they say it does.

Mr sheen shines umpteen things clean my backside.

It's not going to change the American lawsuit culture of lawsuits over spilt coffee and increase the chances of this happening. It's not like it's going to set a new precedent among the people.

Everyone tries to exaggerate, they don't always get away with it. In the UK they would answer to offcom. And I may have just left a complaint with them, in reality, I'm far to lazy to even do that though.

That aside it just pisses me off when it's done in the video games industry. The front covers make the game out to be something else than it is, and the screen shots on the back of most Wii games seem to show some up scaled images or the best version of multiplatform games.

Do I agree with taking this to court, no. But I'm happy people are starting to call out powerful corporations on this shit. They don't need to tell me half truths or exaggerate in the packaging. I've already made the decision to buy it, and I'd appreciate the truth more.

It's not a big deal on the face of it, but to some who were swallowing the promises of 1080p 60fps for everything, I can see how they might have been frustrated. For me I'm not even surprised anymore, the amount of BS that comes from these companies hyping their consoles, is tedious. So whether someone is trying to make money or not off this, I'm not going to shed a tear in defence of these games companies and that goes for MS and Nintendo and who ever else does this.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#60 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

It's about time that people will take these liars to court. I'm sick and tired of them bullshitting us, which makes things like watching E3 completely pointless. Previously SEGA settled ACM lawsuit out of court. So I'm all for this.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22673 Posts

Killzone 2 was so bad, I skipped the rest.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I agree that sony should have not done that shit the game is 1080i not 1080p online.

But all last gen companies have been doing that,COD has been sub 720p all gen long and on the back clearly say 480p,720p,1080i and 1080p,the game is not clearly 720p nor 1080i or 1080p,many other games have done this to claim 720p on the box but are not,is a stupid thing to sue for.

Yeah, they all do it, but it's not just about the resolution. I know using marketing to make a game look better than it is, is part of the game, but it's something that has always bothered me. And it's been done a thousand times before. I'm not just calling Sony out on this.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tormentos

@TheEroica said:

Killzone 2 was the high end of the series...

It was incredible and i actually did like the weight when they patch it to be more like COD i stopped playing the game.

The only thing that bother most people about Killzone was that you could not run and gun like on COD it was tougher and less forgivable.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Lol at Sony Fan making a big deal about games being 1080p then when a game is not 1080p it is also not a big deal.

Sony Fan continue to be the clowns of SW.

1080p is important until Sony lies and its no longer important and gets sued. If this becomes a class action Sony is going to be refunding a lot of money.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Sorry this vid is only 480p but Sony fans are used to that resolution. This is for you cows.

Loading Video...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By tormentos

@kuu2 said:

Lol at Sony Fan making a big deal about games being 1080p then when a game is not 1080p it is also not a big deal.

1080p is important until Sony lies and its no longer important and gets sued. If this becomes a class action Sony is going to be refunding a lot of money.

Actually no one is saying that what is not a big deal is the crap Guerrilla pull with the game which MS also pull it with the 360 from day freaking 1 of the 360 hell MS was more bold they promise 720p 4XAA minimum an all games and people didn't sue them for it..

Again Guerrilla should not have pulled that shit, missinforming the consumer is bad,and many countries do have policies in line for it.

@ten_pints said:

Remember when that Microsoft guy said all games on Xbox One are 1080p... class action law suit?

Yep Aaron Greenberg..ahahaa

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

Actually no one is saying that what is not a big deal is the crap Guerrilla pull with the game which MS also pull it with the 360 from day freaking 1 of the 360 hell MS was more bold they promise 720p 4XAA minimum an all games and people didn't sue them for it..

Again Guerrilla should not have pulled that shit, missinforming the consumer is bad,and many countries do have policies in line for it.

@ten_pints said:

Remember when that Microsoft guy said all games on Xbox One are 1080p... class action law suit?

You do know he is talking about upscale right? Of course you do, you know everything. Now STFU and go back to your hole. hahahahaha

Stop trying to deflect the topic mental boy. Sony lied. Plain and simple.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#68 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

That's unfortunate, man they really wanted that 1080p at any costs didn't they.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By tormentos

@Telekill said:

This is almost as bad as when McDonald's was sued for having hot coffee. I wish those in authority here in America had half a fucking brain.

Dude i advice you to see the documentary call hot coffee and you will see why MC Donalds was sue,i saw it the coffee cause that old lady 3rd degree burns,Mc Donalds served its coffee at some 190F degrees,considerably higher than any other coffee store selling coffee,that temperature in your skin for a few second alone will cause 3rd degree burns.

If that coffee was at 140 or less degrees it would have not burn her like that.

The lady loss 20 pounds she was 79 i saw the images it was brutal,she asked Mcdonalds 20K for the treatment,loss income and several more things,MCdonalds offer her $800 man $800 freaking dollars,when Mcdonalds offer her $800 is because they knew they were at fault on it,if MCdonalds would have settle for 20k in the first place like the lady was asking it would have save a ton of cash and time.

This remind me of Ford with the pinto and how they refuse to fix a problem with their car and landed them in one of the biggest sue ever for that time,the fun thing is that fixing the Ford Pinto issue would have cost Ford a truck load less millions than what they loss on that case,for that reason now when companies know something it wrong they do a quick recall to fix problem with their cars.

@gago-gago said:

Sony started off good but after hacks, flops, delays, cancellations, lawsuits, sexist ads, being hacked again, being exposed as racists, canceling movies and Xbox One outselling it when it mattered most, they ended 2014 with a whimper.

Sony had a 1.2 million lead on October MS outsold them by 400k in US for this year alone sony still have sold 800K more units than MS,by January the price is back to 399 and the gap will widen again just like it has done since January 2014,specially when MS is basically gameless for the first 9 months of the year.

@navyguy21 said:

Not sure which is more sad; The fact that i remember that case or the fact that she actually won $2.9 million

She won because it was MCdonalds fault that coffee was in did to hot,and she asked MCdonalds for 20k and MCdonalds actually offer her $800 freaking dollars the woman had spend 10k in medical stuff alone,she didn't wan't millions and millions she try to get 20k in good will to cover his loses not to be a millionaire before she sue mcdonalds she sue because MC donalds refuse and wanted to give her almost nothing.

They got what they deserve for been greedy and not wanting to paid,fact is it was proven that MCdonalds coffee was to hot,if they would have 140 degree coffee or less that would not had happen.

I knew there are allot of crap law sues but that one wasn't,on the documentary hot coffee you will see several other cases which has been affected by the republicans putting tops on how much you can sue and how much you can get.

Like the case of this woman who was pregnant with twins,she has in pain goes to the doctors the doctor dismiss it as something normal without doing a sonogram,and a few hours later she is back in another hospital when they make a sonogram to her one of the babies was choking with the cord inside her,they make a rush c section,both survive but the one chocking suffer brain damage dude you have to see it,the boys were like 17 by the time i saw it,one normal the other man wasn't the cost of that child for the couple was astronomical and still is because he can't do anything on him self,what she got from the law suit was a joke,not because she was awarded to little she was awarded 5 million but since the state she live in a republican governor put a top to what you could get he was given like 1 million from the 5 + she was awarded,in reality what she and her husband have spend on that boy which now is an adult is more than the million they got and still they carry on.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sony-loses-bid-to-dismiss-killzone-resolution-laws/1100-6424288/

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Sony started off good but after hacks, flops, delays, cancellations, lawsuits, sexist ads, being hacked again, being exposed as racists, canceling movies and Xbox One outselling it when it mattered most, they ended 2014 with a whimper.

and yet it's still the best selling system by far.

*waits for the salt.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kuu2 said:

@ten_pints said:

You do realize that every game's output is actually 1080P right? It's just upscaled to 1080p. He never said it would be native 1080P. So he really didn't lie. Every game on both the PS4 and XB1 are outputted to your HDTV as 1080P (native/upscaled), unless you don't have a HDTV that supports that resolution. Sony was telling everyone it was native 1080P. Tell me something El Tormo. You really don't THINK before you type do you? It's o.k., because it's very, very entertaining. lol!!

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Look daft lawsuit, but if companies tell fucking lies to push their product then I'm happy to have some other plum sue them to make them stop in the future. Stop giving us broken, half finished products that you can't patch properly and that you tell massive untruths about in your advertising and on the box.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tormentos

@tymeservesfate said:

i guess Sony is going to have to abandon their fake "1080p" campaign until they can actually back it up...makes sense.

its a good thing. they blatantly lie to gamers too much. it should be stopped.

@xhawk27 said:

They also said Watch Dogs was 1080p 60fps. They need to pay for their lies! :X

MS claimed all games on 360 would be 720p 4XAA,and the very first day they release games were sub HD including Perfect Dark Zero...

Maybe we should sue...hahaha

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 tormentos

@FoxbatAlpha said:

You do know he is talking about upscale right? Of course you do, you know everything. Now STFU and go back to your hole. hahahahaha

Yeah that is what sony refer as well upscale...Oh wait no it didn't say that on Killzone back,just like it doesn't say upscale on that part either..lol

Upscale and native is not the same.

Just like MS did with the 360 all games 720 4XAA minimum then deliver sub HD games on day 1..So should we sue MS.?

@blackace said:

You do realize that every game's output is actually 1080P right? It's just upscaled to 1080p. He never said it would be native 1080P. So he really didn't lie. Every game on both the PS4 and XB1 are outputted to your HDTV as 1080P (native/upscaled), unless you don't have a HDTV that supports that resolution. Sony was telling everyone it was native 1080P. Tell me something El Tormo. You really don't THINK before you type do you? It's o.k., because it's very, very entertaining. lol!!

Sure he did not in what i posted here...hahahaa

So did MS when they told people that minimum all 360 games would be 720p with 4XAA have you forgot that or should i quote MS or Ati on it.?

Speaking at a press conference in London, ATI technology specialist Rene Froeleke told journalists that Microsoft had specified that games must run at the 1280x720 resolution at 4xAA with no slowdown. Every single game will be supported at this graphical specification, which we think is great news for gamers playing on big-screen TVs.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2005/05/25/ati_xbox_360_london/1

Is on MS own press conference of 2005 when they unveil the xbox 360 i am sure you can find it on Youtube.

Like i already say stupid reason to sue a company for,Halo3.ODST and Reach say 720p,1080p,1080i and 480p non say upscale on the back of the game or the true resolution,non of those halo games are 720p,1080i or 1080p.

Halo: Anniversary = 1152x720 (FXAA remake, no AA classic)

Halo 3 = 1152x640 (no AA)

Halo 3: ODST = 1152x640 (no AA)

Halo: Reach = 1152x720 (2xAA temporal)

Should we sue.?

The same with COD on both the PS3 and xbox 360 and many other games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I guess he wasn't ready for the world's most powerful video game system.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I should sue MS for saying the Xbone is a games console when it is in fact a cable box.

lmao @ Crackace still pretending the Disaster Chief Collection isn't broken.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

That judge is a tool.

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts

rough week for Sony. They are being held hostage over their latest seth rogen film. What a bunch of panzies.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@tormentos said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Yeah that is what sony refer as well upscale...Oh wait no it didn't say that on Killzone back,just like it doesn't say upscale on that part either..lol

Upscale and native is not the same.

Just like MS did with the 360 all games 720 4XAA minimum then deliver sub HD games on day 1..So should we sue MS.?

@blackace said:

Sure he did not in what i posted here...hahahaa

So did MS when they told people that minimum all 360 games would be 720p with 4XAA have you forgot that or should i quote MS or Ati on it.?

Speaking at a press conference in London, ATI technology specialist Rene Froeleke told journalists that Microsoft had specified that games must run at the 1280x720 resolution at 4xAA with no slowdown. Every single game will be supported at this graphical specification, which we think is great news for gamers playing on big-screen TVs.

Is on MS own press conference of 2005 when they unveil the xbox 360 i am sure you can find it on Youtube.

Like i already say stupid reason to sue a company for,Halo3.ODST and Reach say 720p,1080p,1080i and 480p non say upscale on the back of the game or the true resolution,non of those halo games are 720p,1080i or 1080p.

Halo: Anniversary = 1152x720 (FXAA remake, no AA classic)

Halo 3 = 1152x640 (no AA)

Halo 3: ODST = 1152x640 (no AA)

Halo: Reach = 1152x720 (2xAA temporal)

Should we sue.?

The same with COD on both the PS3 and xbox 360 and many other games.

Just throwing it out there, but based on your quote MS never said that, ATI who designed the card said MS wanted all games to run 720p with 4xAA. If anything it sounds like Ati messed up the design, because looking at the conference, they said that the eDRAM would make the AA free.

NYrockinlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81 NYrockinlegend
Member since 2008 • 2025 Posts

Although not the worst offender of false advertising, I agree that companies should be brought to justice over false claims of advertisement. A lot of companies do it, but that doesn't make it right. I think more companies should be called out and punished for false advertisement. Maybe then there will be more honesty in marketing. We need to set new ethical standards for doing business in this country.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

@TheEroica said:

Killzone 2 was the high end of the series...

It was incredible and i actually did like the weight when they patch it to be more like COD i stopped playing the game.

The only thing that bother most people about Killzone was that you could not run and gun like on COD it was tougher and less forgivable.

Thats what pissed me off no end, killzone 2 was the best FPS i had ever played second to HL2 before they patched it, it atually set itself apart from other FPS before they patched it.

I was wondering though, if i delete the Patch and just play it offline will that work?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
@GrenadeLauncher said:

I should sue MS for saying the Xbone is a games console when it is in fact a cable box.

lmao @ Crackace still pretending the Disaster Chief Collection isn't broken.

It IS a games console though dude, it has just as many retail games as the Ps4, it just happens to have a lot of bells and whistles that are not gaming related but it is still a games console.

Disaster chief collection? can you hyperbole get any worse dude,lol

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#84 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Wow, this guy takes graphics-whoring to a whole new level.

This case is about as dumb as that guy who tried to sue McDonalds for making him fat.

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

LOL...Sony choking on their lies. That's funny. .. Being that a some "Gamers" will base their purchase solely on pixels it's good that he's getting after Sony for their lies. After all the gamers were barking non stop about the pixels now someone is making Sony pay for that lie it's all of a sudden "pointless" and a waste of time. Well, not to the guy suing.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Nightflash28 said:

Oh god... American lawsuits. Where the dumb can sue people over any kind of crap and even win.

"Blurry to the point of distraction"? What? Until there was an article pointing out that MP wasn't full 1080p I think hardly anyone even noticed.

Targeting the wallets of these huge corporations in America is the only thing that can keep them in check. They'll pay fcc fines all day long... the public humiliation of a consumer Class action lawsuit.. Could hurt the bottom line way more than any fine could ever.

This lawsuit is dumb though.

It could also open clarity to the public of what we're actually getting as a product though. Adding regulations to the quality of the product being released to the public.

6-10 gig updates and broken games suck.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By tormentos

@delta3074 said:

Thats what pissed me off no end, killzone 2 was the best FPS i had ever played second to HL2 before they patched it, it atually set itself apart from other FPS before they patched it.

I was wondering though, if i delete the Patch and just play it offline will that work?

Exactly one of the biggest complains about the patch i have was that,why in hell would i want all my FPS to be like COD for that i have COD it self.

I think so since the patch would not exist any,offline multiplayer with bots was brutal on Killzone 2 bots were incredibly smart some reviewers claims they were actually fool by the bots only to remember they were playing offline..