Journey or Flower?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by biggest_loser (24030 posts) -

Which one did you prefer on the PS3??

#2 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -
I enjoyed Flower more.
#3 Posted by Basinboy (11060 posts) -

No poll?

Journey

#4 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28360 posts) -
Flower its atleast a game.
#5 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28039 posts) -
Flower its atleast a game.WilliamRLBaker
What separates Journey from being a game?
#6 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3014 posts) -
Flow.
#7 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9522 posts) -
Flower was so good, I LOVED IT.
#8 Posted by mems_1224 (46601 posts) -
Havent played either.
#9 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9522 posts) -
Flow.ninjapirate2000
I actually didnt like flow... didnt make sense to me
#10 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
[QUOTE="ninjapirate2000"]Flow.Nengo_Flow

it's the "gamest" of the pack lol. you eat things, get bigger, eat bigger things, and try not to get eaten yourself.
#11 Posted by jg4xchamp (47431 posts) -
Journey Both are great for what they are though.
#12 Posted by kabphillie (301 posts) -

I loved both, but on the basis of the incredible soundtrack, I would choose Journey.

#13 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

Flower was better. It's also the only game on PS3 that actually used sixaxis effectively

#14 Posted by Slashkice (13055 posts) -

Journey hits higher highs, and overall it's just better put together. I did like Flower too though.

Flower was better. It's also the only game on PS3 that actually used sixaxis effectively

BPoole96

Nah, Folklore used it best.

But no one played Folklore.

#15 Posted by WiiMan21 (8158 posts) -

Journey, I enjoyed them both a ton though.

#16 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9522 posts) -

Journey hits higher highs, and overall it's just better put together. I did like Flower too though.

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Slashkice

Heavenly Sword had awsome Sixaxis sequences. I loved replaying those parts of the game just for the awsome sixaxis gameplay.

its true, no one played FOLKLORE. I didnt either, looked like crap

#17 Posted by hippiesanta (9812 posts) -
Both are good, flower are more challenging because of the "driving" gameplay but Journey is more in control
#18 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
Journey > Flower > fl0w. All 3 are excellent games. thatgamecompany surpass themselves every release.
#19 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Slashkice

I did not play Folklore, but its good to hear other games used it well. It was so gimmicky in Uncharted 1 with using it to arc grenades and maintain balance when going across fallen trees. I also played Lair and well, yeah.

#20 Posted by jg4xchamp (47431 posts) -

Slashkice

Objection, I wish I didn't play Folklore.

#21 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -
i like journey more, but flower is a good game too. i think it got this false label of the "relaxing" game like the video game equivalent of a massage chair or something, but there's more to it than that. the middle sections are very somber when you get to the industrial areas and there's even a period of empowerment.
#22 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
both are pretentious indie crap... but journey is better.
#23 Posted by DJ_Headshot (6178 posts) -

[QUOTE="ninjapirate2000"]Flow.Nengo_Flow

Its fun to play with other people controls are hard to get used to(would be much easier with analog movement) so you can have a good laugh about how bad there doing while you eat everything :D not much fun to play alone flower is better game for solo play it peaks at the first level though imo the first level is the best looking and most relaxing to play through the rest of the game loses that wish someone would make a game that plays like flower that recaptures the feeling the first level of flower had but with more locations to play through.

#24 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7263 posts) -

Journey

#25 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -
Journey, much better.
#26 Posted by 15strong (2806 posts) -

Journey

#27 Posted by finalstar2007 (24973 posts) -

Flower its atleast a game.WilliamRLBaker

So wait ur saying Journey is not a game?? but it just got a Game of the Year award on GameSpot :?.. how odd

#28 Posted by finalstar2007 (24973 posts) -

I liked flower more tbh

#29 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Flower, Felt more gamey

#30 Posted by getyeryayasout (7183 posts) -
Both are great, but Journey left the greater impression on me.
#31 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Flower

#32 Posted by xOMGITSJASONx (2634 posts) -

Journey

#33 Posted by xOMGITSJASONx (2634 posts) -

Flower, Felt more gamey

whiskeystrike

Flower was all sixaxxis controls pretty much. At least in Journey you used the analogs. Both great games imo.

#34 Posted by KungfuKitten (20872 posts) -

Journey. Flower became a little boring. I think what happens is that the first time I play through something, I don't notice many of the things that are going on in the background or story. So in Flower I was more busy with finishing it than with the things that people value it for. In Journey those things were more part of the gameplay, so I could enjoy it more on the first playthrough.