Journey is Gamespot's 2012 GOTY (all GOTY discussion HERE)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#201 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

I see, I don't follow reviews these days and I despise IGN so meh but still. They aren't gonna fall in line with your opinion everytime, that's just fact. I still hate RDR and would have preferred Starcraft 2 or SMG2 to win GOTY that year. (Urgh, rockstar makes such crappy games) Anyway, your problem with Journey was it was short and not really a game. Fair but I still don't see why its an outrage if other people see it differently.

ActicEdge

Missing the point, but whatever.

It's not soo much that I'm missing the point more so then you whining about how "its not a game!!11!", "other titles deserved it more!!11!1", "its only 2 hours!!1!!". What point did I miss? You're unhappy that the controversial experience won as opposed to the easy to tell games?

I am severely handicapped by the bet I just lost, so I'll just say this about my inability to respond: Some boy scout he must have been to learn these knots.
Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

I'm a wii and ps3 gamer, but I can accept Journey winning. Journey is a symbol of how stale this gen has gotten. It won because it issomething new. Literally every other choice is an excellent game but also remarkably unremarkable. They did things better than games in the past, but are not pushing the boundaries of like previous GOTY winners did. GOTY this year had to end up being a weird choice. It's almost like we got a lot of great filler material this year but no golden games along the lines of Skyrim, MGS4, Demons Souls, or Mario Galaxy.

I'm currently getting a bad vibe from GTA5 but hopefully that game will breath a last breath of life into this limping gen.

GunSmith1_basic

Bravo.gif

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#203 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

one guy points out an obvious cow hypocricy and we get 10 pages of cows crying "bubut you guys do it too."

delta and game i think you ruined their christmas. better get out while you can. :P

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Missing the point, but whatever.DarkLink77

It's not soo much that I'm missing the point more so then you whining about how "its not a game!!11!", "other titles deserved it more!!11!1", "its only 2 hours!!1!!". What point did I miss? You're unhappy that the controversial experience won as opposed to the easy to tell games?

I am severely handicapped by the bet I just lost, so I'll just say this about my inability to respond: Some boy scout he must have been to learn these knots.

What was the bet?

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

one guy points out an obvious cow hypocricy and we get 10 pages of cows crying "bubut you guys do it too."

delta and game i think you ruined their christmas. better get out while you can. :P

KarateeeChop

It's obvious the Cows don't have much of a family or friend life to enjoy Christmas as it is....

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#206 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="Giancar"]

Arguments (silly ones) predictions:

1. Cows are the biggest hypocrites (All act the same).

KarateeeChop

But they are. This has been proven many, many times over the years.

lol. this is the reason that most of the unbiased users like to mess with cows. it's fun to see them get defensive and angry over trivial things. :P

Everyone go defensive mode not just the cows.. heck in my opinion i think the biggest hypocrites are PC gamers :P.. not the cows, not the lems and totally not the sheep

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#208 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

[QUOTE="FIipMode"][QUOTE="delta3074"]Cows where saying XBL games didn't count until the journey released actually, not just 5 years ago, we had the same crap about downloadable titles not counting for Trials HD and FEZ, both recent games, if you can't see that then you obviously have not been on this board very much, also, where lems allowed to celebrate when Halo 4 won best shooter? no they where not, this is where the hypocrisy came in, Giving Halo 4 best shooter had no credibility, giving Forza horizon best racer had no credibility, but giving the Journey GOTY apparently has Credebility, you cannot have it both ways, GS awards are either ALL Credible NONE are, you cannot pick and choose which awards are credible based on your own personal agenda.ActicEdge

more generalizations lol

Again, what do you need to be provided so you can stop hiding behind the generalizations line? I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to dig up.

the actual hypocrisy.
heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts
The lem tears are a nice Xmas gift,lol.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#210 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]

I'm a wii and ps3 gamer, but I can accept Journey winning. Journey is a symbol of how stale this gen has gotten. It won because it issomething new. Literally every other choice is an excellent game but also remarkably unremarkable. They did things better than games in the past, but are not pushing the boundaries of like previous GOTY winners did. GOTY this year had to end up being a weird choice. It's almost like we got a lot of great filler material this year but no golden games along the lines of Skyrim, MGS4, Demons Souls, or Mario Galaxy.

I'm currently getting a bad vibe from GTA5 but hopefully that game will breath a last breath of life into this limping gen.

Cheleman

Bravo.gif

Thanks for highlighting this post. It actually does make perfect sense. Look at those sales figures, I don't see MS or even Sony budging in 2013, no new consoles except Wii U which is about on par with current gen (won't push much, but I'm sure Nintendo will come up with some good stuff)
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#211 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]But they are. This has been proven many, many times over the years.

finalstar2007

lol. this is the reason that most of the unbiased users like to mess with cows. it's fun to see them get defensive and angry over trivial things. :P

Everyone go defensive mode not just the cows.. heck in my opinion i think the biggest hypocrites are PC gamers :P.. not the cows, not the lems and totally not the sheep

Says one of the biggest hypocrites on this board

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#212 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

... where lems allowed to celebrate when Halo 4 won best shooter? no they where not, this is where the hypocrisy came in, Giving Halo 4 best shooter had no credibility, giving Forza horizon best racer had no credibility, but giving the Journey GOTY apparently has Credebility, you cannot have it both ways, GS awards are either ALL Credible NONE are, you cannot pick and choose which awards are credible based on your own personal agenda.delta3074

Damn, I didn't realise Cows had that much power. With great power comes great responsibilities Cows, so don't shut down the Lems ability to celebrate that which they want to celebrate....

Of course, I'm assuming that's 'were' not 'where' in the beginning of the quote.

Avatar image for PinnacleGamingP
PinnacleGamingP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 PinnacleGamingP
Member since 2012 • 5120 Posts
fckkkkkkkkkkkk if the mods dont do something about all these tears im afraid system wars might be facing a potential flood!!!!
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

Bruce_Benzing

It's obvious the Cows don't have much of a family or friend life to enjoy Christmas as it is....

You two seem upset, don't be, its Christmas!

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
The people who work for this website are a joke.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 Rocker6

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="heretrix"]But they are. This has been proven many, many times over the years.

finalstar2007

Hm, still butthurt from that PC exclusives thread?

You know, the one that made you write up that huge damage control attempt? ;)

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

Rocker6

What was the bet?

Check the thread. Suffice it to say, my inner goddess looks like someone snatched her ice cream.
RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

Meh... was kinda hoping either Far Cry 3, The Walking Dead or Guild Wars 2 would've won.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

BPoole96

Since this is the holidays i wont reply with something mean but all i'll say is.. better luck next gen! :D

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#220 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

finalstar2007

you are definiteyl one of my favorite posters on this board. i rarely see you use personal attacks in your posts. :D

and i miss your threads hyping irrelavent japanese games that will never come out in the west, haha.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="15strong"]

I saw your post and I appreciate your answer.

But it has nothing to do with the fact that some celebrate that Jorney won, and you call them all hypocrits. Large generalizations from 5 years ago with no proof. Why can't the ps3 fanbase celebrate this moment?

heeweesRus
Cows where saying XBL games didn't count until the journey released actually, not just 5 years ago, we had the same crap about downloadable titles not counting for Trials HD and FEZ, both recent games, if you can't see that then you obviously have not been on this board very much, also, where lems allowed to celebrate when Halo 4 won best shooter? no they where not, this is where the hypocrisy came in, Giving Halo 4 best shooter had no credibility, giving Forza horizon best racer had no credibility, but giving the Journey GOTY apparently has Credebility, you cannot have it both ways, GS awards are either ALL Credible NONE are, you cannot pick and choose which awards are credible based on your own personal agenda.

Stop using anecdotal evidence and provide solid proof.

Thats cute, somebody else used a big word so you tried to copy them 'Types of anecdotal evidence include claiming non-factual information based on the experiences of a few people' My information is FACTUAL information and more than a few people on here have claimed that cows are hypocrites, tell me again, how is my evidence anecdotal again?
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

Rocker6

You actually think i created that thread in reply to the PC thread? lawl i told you "biggest hypocrites are PC gamers"

and heres another ":P" with it lol

that thread was just to show what people should expect in 2013 thats all

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I am severely handicapped by the bet I just lost, so I'll just say this about my inability to respond: Some boy scout he must have been to learn these knots.DarkLink77

What was the bet?

Check the thread. Suffice it to say, my inner goddess looks like someone snatched her ice cream.

Hahaha, ouch! :lol:

Good luck, and please, don't go killing yourself... it's just one week, you'll make it. Just a week... :P

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

Since this is the holidays i wont reply with something mean but all i'll say is.. better luck next gen! :D

Respond with something mean. Please
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

KarateeeChop

you are definiteyl one of my favorite posters on this board. i rarely see you use personal attacks in your posts. :D

and i miss your threads hyping irrelavent japanese games that will never come out in the west, haha.

lmao that was long time ago :P

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

[QUOTE="FIipMode"] more generalizations lolFIipMode

Again, what do you need to be provided so you can stop hiding behind the generalizations line? I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to dig up.

the actual hypocrisy.

Well, in my 10 minutes of research the overwhelming response was yes DL should count and its a good mix of factions saying so so, statement retracted.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Rocker6

that thread was just to show what people should expect in 2013 thats all

finalstar2007

Of course it was! :D

Well, finalstar, might as well take your own little "advice":

Better luck next gen! :cool:

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

What was the bet?

Rocker6

Good luck, and please, don't go killing yourself... it's just one week, you'll make it. Just a week... :P

I think I can. And it's not entirely bad. This is wrong, but holy hell is it erotic
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I really wish some people would accept this and see that Journey is something unique and stop all this "No gameplay, hipster" bullsh!t

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#230 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

:lol:

What a joke. Just like IGN, they give GOTY to a super artsy game just so they can say they gave GOTY to an artsy game. Look at us! Look what we gave GOTY! Video games can be art and we're sooooo in touch with that!

Absolutely pathetic. And I'm a Cow by the way.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Rocker6

I really wish some people would accept this and see that Journey is something unique and stop all this "No gameplay, hipster" bullsh!t

seanmcloughlin

no.jpg

If I wanted to run through the sand for some 2 hours, would've hit the local beach. It's fairly large, you can easily waste a few hours there! :P

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 finalstar2007

What a joke. Just like IGN, they give GOTY to a super artsy game just so they can say they gave GOTY to an artsy game. Look at us! Look what we gave GOTY! Video games can be art and we're sooooo in touch with that!

burgeg

Final Fantasy XIII-2 should have won :x

best game ever :cry:

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Rocker6

Desmonic

I think I can. And it's not entirely bad. This is wrong, but holy hell is it erotic

Dude, why would you even bet such a thing? :P Right now I do feel sorry for you XD You'll be giving all kinds of wrong vibes for unaware users lol

Isn't that the point of a SW bet, anyways? :twisted:

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 DarkLink77

Desmonic

Dude, why would you even bet such a thing? :P Right now I do feel sorry for you XD You'll be giving all kinds of wrong vibes for unaware users lol

I will gain a great deal of pleasure, joy, even in their reactions (your submission).

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I am severely handicapped by the bet I just lost, so I'll just say this about my inability to respond: Some boy scout he must have been to learn these knots.DarkLink77

What was the bet?

"Inner Goddess"??

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

I feel dirty I haven't had the chance to play it yet don't have a PS3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

Rocker6

If I wanted to run through the sand for some 2 hours, would've hit the local beach. It's fairly large, you can easily waste a few hours there! :P

But you can't glide with a badass scarf :cool:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

finalstar2007

Final Fantasy XIII-2 should have won :x

best game ever :cry:

Your taste in games.... ugh

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#242 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="Desmonic"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I think I can. And it's not entirely bad. This is wrong, but holy hell is it eroticDarkLink77

I will gain a great deal of pleasure, joy, even in their reactions (your submission).

Okay, posting from my phone here solely to ask... Was the consequence of the lost bet having to act like 50 shades of grey characters? I'm so confused...
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

But you can't glide with a badass scarf :cool:

Fine, fine, you win... :(

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 DarkLink77

Okay, posting from my phone here solely to ask... Was the consequence of the lost bet having to act like 50 shades of grey characters? I'm so confused...The_Game21x

I, DarkLink, (Hermit) bet that Dishonored will win GOTY at GameSpot. If it doesn't, I will incorporate a line from 50 Shades of Gray into all of my posts for a week.

Or until I kill myself.

Whichever comes first.

DarkLink77

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46229 Posts

Great game. I personally see dishonored as my GOTY, but an original IP won and that is great to see in this year filled with sequels.

Rocker6

Hahaha, he cant even admit it and dares to call other people hypocrites:P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]Okay, posting from my phone here solely to ask... Was the consequence of the lost bet having to act like 50 shades of grey characters? I'm so confused...DarkLink77

I, DarkLink, (Hermit) bet that Dishonored will win GOTY at GameSpot. If it doesn't, I will incorporate a line from 50 Shades of Gray into all of my posts for a week.

Or until I kill myself.

Whichever comes first.

DarkLink77

You bet Dishonored would win? The fvck is wrong with you? :? That was a terrible bet to make

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] No point watching, you won't understand why they chose it.SaltyMeatballs
Finished watching it. Seriously disgusted with this pretentious nonsense.

It's pretty bad. Not just GS, but other sites too send a message to developers of just focussing on a 2 hour experience to win awards, and subsequently increased sales due to these awards, then we complain that games are too short. I remember the times as a kid when I got 2 games the whole year, if someone recommended me Journey as one of those bi-annual games I would hate them lol.

espcially the part with kevin holy crap man.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#248 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]Okay, posting from my phone here solely to ask... Was the consequence of the lost bet having to act like 50 shades of grey characters? I'm so confused...DarkLink77

Or until I kill myself.

Whichever comes first.

DarkLink77

That's...what I thought. Don't ask me how I guessed 50 shades of gray was involved.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"] [QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

Or until I kill myself.

Whichever comes first.

The_Game21x

That's...what I thought. Don't ask me how I guessed 50 shades of gray was involved.

3rf5r1.jpg

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#250 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Blabadon got owned so hard rofl.

RIP Lems.

Eddie-Vedder
I come here and see this. Seriously what are you talking about?