Journey "announced" for the PS4... Regurgitation Station!

#151 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5562 posts) -
@b4x said:

@scottpsfan14: I played both games. Opinions. Resolution and size does not = what I see on screen.

Play RYSE then come back and make this claim? That's all I ask. Ryse at times will drop your jaw to the floor.

I am not saying that Infamous doesn't look impressive, It looks amazing. I just think Ryse looks amazing. Play it. If you get an X1 like you say?

Yoe see I absolutely 100% agree with you. I've seen Ryse running and I was shocked at the graphics. It's probably the best looking game to date. Better than Crysis 3 on PC, Better than Infamous SS (asthetically), and better than Killzone SF. This is my opinion. Crytek know how to make good looking games. That's just how it is.

For what the end user sees on screen, Ryse is hands down the best looking game I have EVER seen. But just not as technically advanced as Infamous SS. And that is second place for graphics that i've seen.

#152 Edited by B4X (5074 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@b4x said:

@scottpsfan14: I played both games. Opinions. Resolution and size does not = what I see on screen.

Play RYSE then come back and make this claim? That's all I ask. Ryse at times will drop your jaw to the floor.

I am not saying that Infamous doesn't look impressive, It looks amazing. I just think Ryse looks amazing. Play it. If you get an X1 like you say?

Yoe see I absolutely 100% agree with you. I've seen Ryse running and I was shocked at the graphics. It's probably the best looking game to date. Better than Crysis 3 on PC, Better than Infamous SS (asthetically), and better than Killzone SF. This is my opinion. Crytek know how to make good looking games. That's just how it is.

For what the end user sees on screen, Ryse is hands down the best looking game I have EVER seen. But just not as technically advanced as Infamous SS. And that is second place for graphics that i've seen.

RYSE looks ridiculous. I wish it was a more fleshed out game. I had fun with it. Scale wise it can't touch ISS. Graphic techniques is another debate altogether.

That's all I'm saying.

#153 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5562 posts) -
@b4x said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@b4x said:

RYSE looks ridiculous. I wish it was a more fleshed out game. I had fun with it. Scale wise it can't touch ISS. Graphic techniques is another debate altogether.

That's all I'm saying.

Well if I'm honest, there is a lot of graphical techniques that Ryse does that Infamous SS doesn't. Like multiple dynamic light sources that cast shadows. Infamous only does this sparingly. There is better foliage physics simulation in Ryse since as you might know, Crytek have always been good at vegitation graphics in games since Far Cry 1 and Crysis 1.

So yep. A stupidly good looking game. But I think that The Witcher 3, Batman AK, The Order, Uncharted 4, Halo 5 are all going to kill Ryse both asthetically and technically though.

#154 Posted by PapaTrop (1290 posts) -

Sony was the company who set backwards compatibility as a standard for consoles.

Now they are the ones milking remakes the most. Pretty sad.

#155 Posted by blackace (20856 posts) -

@b4x said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

lol Ryse

Blackace and his alt B4X having another meltdown.

Same screen shot over and over and over. You still lose. Technical issues does not mean shit when it comes to graphics my friend.

Post a game that beats Ryse in GRAPHICS on the PS4. Then you have a case. Until then it's FUD and white knighting.

Gotta laugh at these fools who keep thinking you're my alt. We don't even have the same writing style. Ryse looked great, but I still think Infamous SS is the better looking game overall with all it particle effects and impressive lighting. Opinions vary, I know, but I've been saying this since Infamous SS was previewed. While cows were calling Killzone:SF graphics king, I was picking Infamous SS. This was before Ryse was reoptimized and received some improved graphics.

Not sure why Cows are having meltdowns on here. Yes, Sony is milking your udders to death, but you guys love that stuff.

#156 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

1st off eat a d!ck.

lol lemrage activated.

#157 Posted by silversix_ (14777 posts) -

@blackace said:
@silversix_ said:

How many more dozens of milking 7th gen titles will we receive on 8th gen in the next year n a half? I mean this is just stupid and never seen before. All we get is 7th gen shit and true next gen is being delayed left n right. wtf.,

For the first time in the history of SW I agree with you 100%. Cows need to ask themselves one question. Why did you buy a PS4? For me I bought a PS4 for great next-gen exclusive games, impreesive multiplats and FREE PSPlus games. I didn't buy it to play old remastered last-gen games that I had already played last gen. Don't get me wrong. I would gladly take a incredible brand new sequel to Journey (PS3) on my PS4. A "TLOU 2" would be great. If they really wanted to do this right, they would make a sequel of these games and just include the last-gen versions remastered with the new game. That would make more sense. As you said though, this is just stupid. I don't think anyone is jelly of this crap.

and why are you talking about ps4 as this shit was exclusive to the system? it isn't better on xbone...

#158 Edited by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@papatrop said:

Sony was the company who set backwards compatibility as a standard for consoles.

That's because the only way to achieve backwards compatibility is to:

A) Hardware support, which will only raise the BoM for a feature that hardly anyone will use. You want to pay $599 for a PS4? Most people don't. You really think more than 1% of PS4 owners will turn on their PS3s ever again?

B) Software emulation, which is incredibly taxing on the hardware. You need hardware that is multiple times stronger than the hardware its trying to emulate in order to run the games smoothly. PS2 was approximately 50x stronger than the PS1, so it was easy to emulate PS1 games. The PS4 is only 10-12x stronger than the PS3. The Xbone is only 1.5x (Yes, 1.5x, not 15x. Its weakass architecture prevents devs from utilizing even 20% of its theoretical power) stronger than the 360. Even if the PS4 were 50x stronger than the PS3, I doubt SONY would ever try to implement PS3 software emulation. The PS3's architecture is just way too complicated. It would take years even with an army of John Carmacks and Mark Cernys.

#159 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72236 posts) -

@OhSnapitz: So what about the Master Chief collection everyone's going crazy about for the X1? If MS had any games worth doing a remaster of, they would. But they don't except for Halo and Gears. With perhaps Fable aswell. What else do they have? It's not like Forza will have an HD version nor Perfect Dark...

#160 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@OhSnapitz: So what about the Master Chief collection everyone's going crazy about for the X1? If MS had any games worth doing a remaster of, they would. But they don't except for Halo and Gears. With perhaps Fable aswell. What else do they have? It's not like Forza will have an HD version nor Perfect Dark...

And Lems keep saying that one of the games is going to be remade. Sure, but the game looks like a piece of crap. Look at the gamersyde video of Halo 2. It looks like SHIT. Even Uncharted 1 looks better.

#161 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9807 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

I still haven't played the game, I loved flOw and Flower when I played them, but considering the cow hype up on Journey I just avoided it since given how cows overhype stuff I didn't want it to lead to disappointment like everything else. Maybe playing it on the PS4 after all the hype is forgotten will be the best time for me to play it.

this is the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

I like this thing, but other seem to like it too, so i play it cuz those people seem to like it.

Shut the fuck with cow hype. If the game got great reviews and great reception and everyone is saying its a great experience, why the fuck are you still scared about Cow hype, when all the reviews and awards have already been given out?

#162 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

Someone needs to put up a warning sign when theres a ryse picture in a thread.

It's gross to look at... my precious eyes. :(

Journey on ps4? cool for the million of lems that jumped ship.

#163 Posted by jake44 (2021 posts) -

Having options is a bad thing.

#164 Edited by Nuck81 (5861 posts) -

I bought it on sale.

It was an amazing first experience, but I could only go through it a few more times before I lost interest

#165 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16617 posts) -

Actually, last gen I was happy with all the PS2 remasters, because I never had a PS2 which meant I missed out on a lot of games.

But as a PS3 owner I see no use in rebuying games for a resolution and FPS increase... That's just a lot of money for so little.

And this is only the start of the gen, it's only going to get more and more of these remasters.

@Nanomage said:

Yet another reason why buying one of these new consoles still isn´t worth it,especially if the majority of the library is gonna be comprised of indie PC ports and last gen "remasters".

Can't we just all wait for PS5 and play these games remastered at 1440p and 120 fps ?

#166 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Good for those that have yet to play these games. I own and finished both (Journey multiple times).

#167 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72236 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

And Lems keep saying that one of the games is going to be remade. Sure, but the game looks like a piece of crap. Look at the gamersyde video of Halo 2. It looks like SHIT. Even Uncharted 1 looks better.

Cheering and jumping hoops over games that are years and years old is good? While a GOTY exclusive, it is exclusive as it isn't on pc like Halo's games, is coming to PS4 and it's not 60 bucks and that's a bad thing? PS4 has more games atm than X1 and that's also a bad thing? Believe me, if it was the other way around i would have chosen the X1, but it's not

#169 Posted by heretrix (37401 posts) -

I wish they'd give some of these games time to really age before they repackage them. It's a really transparent cash grab.

#170 Posted by delta3074 (18406 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

It'll still sell more than any game on the casualbox ONE.

Titanfall?

#171 Posted by delta3074 (18406 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@bublover1 said:

Really?

Yes. Xbone owners tend to be either:

A) Children - Why else would they like childish crap like Halo and Gears of War? I remember when I was 8-years-old that I was running around the house pretending that I was wearing a cape by using a towel wrapped around my back. It's time to grow up. Most lemmings are little brats like that. They probably don't have any money.

B) Girls and soccer moms. They don't buy anything. Probably use the Xbone for 2 weeks max before using it as a dust collector.

Pretty stupid generalisation, most of the people i know who own both the Ps4 and the Xbone are late 20's early 30's and have familys and responsibilities.

then again, if you are a Kid you probably would see loads of other kids with them eh?

'Halo and gears are childish Crap'

they are hardly childish when most of them are Rated 15 or 18 and the Fact that they are both AAA franchises means they are obviously not crap.

I would suggest you stop passing off your own opinions as fact and go back to playing with the other kids on your Ps4.

Fanboys, they spout the complete opposite of what is generally considered reality and think people will actually buy it, crazy stuff man.

#172 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@bublover1 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@bublover1 said:

Really?

A) Children - Why else would they like childish crap like Halo and Gears of War? I remember when I was 8-years-old that I was running around the house pretending that I was wearing a cape by using a towel wrapped around my back. It's time to grow up. Most lemmings are little brats like that. They probably don't have any money.

B) Girls and soccer moms. They don't buy anything. Probably use the Xbone for 2 weeks max before using it as a dust collector.

Pretty stupid generalisation, most of the people i know who own both the Ps4 and the Xbone are late 20's early 30's and have familys and responsibilities.

then again, if you are a Kid you probably would see loads of other kids with them eh?

they are hardly childish when most of them are Rated 15 or 18 and the Fact that they are both AAA franchises means they are obviously not crap.

I would suggest you stop passing off your own opinions as fact and go back to playing with the other kids on your Ps4.

Fanboys, they spout the complete opposite of what is generally considered reality and think people will actually buy it, crazy stuff man.

There's a difference between being immature and being child-friendly.

I rate immaturity by the (lack of) sophistication in games. Naught Dog games are well-written and philosophical. MS games just don't have that.

#173 Edited by foxhound_fox (88648 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

So many gen 7 games being remade for gen 8

That's because Gen 8 isn't starting until 2015.

#174 Edited by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Yeah, Halo's the only thing Xbox has.

And, of course, you've got to drag in a whole new bunch of teenagers to replace the former lemmings who have abandoned the brand.

Hahahahahahahahaha, only cows think like that, it's like I would say: PS only has tlou, that's why they are creating a remake... But I wouldn't say something like that, because I'm not a child, or I don't act like one. Grow up.

Even better. The PlayStation family has Naughty Dog.

MS only has a bunch of B-tier and C-tier studios that will never make a game as critically acclaimed as Naughty Dog games. They'll sell a few million, but only because lems need to prove to cows that they too have 'good games'. LOL

#175 Posted by Vecna (3394 posts) -

Yet another remake for console owners. This is becoming really pathetic.

#177 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@bublover1 said:

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

And, of course, you've got to drag in a whole new bunch of teenagers to replace the former lemmings who have abandoned the brand.

Hahahahahahahahaha, only cows think like that, it's like I would say: PS only has tlou, that's why they are creating a remake... But I wouldn't say something like that, because I'm not a child, or I don't act like one. Grow up.

MS only has a bunch of B-tier and C-tier studios that will never make a game as critically acclaimed as Naughty Dog games. They'll sell a few million, but only because lems need to prove to cows that they too have 'good games'. LOL

Indeed except GT, there isn't one game that has been sold as much as the biggest Microsoft franchise, while GT has more editions... The biggest gaming franchise between Microsoft and Sony (Nintendo is obviously Mario, by a million miles...), is Halo. No Sony exclusive comes close.

LOL... And you think Halo 5 is going to sell as well as its predecessors? I'd like to smell the farts you're smelling. Not even sniffing cow farts will make you this delusional.

Halo is done. Halo 5 will sell 5 million LTD.

#178 Edited by PapaTrop (1290 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

@papatrop said:

That's because the only way to achieve backwards compatibility is to:

A) Hardware support, which will only raise the BoM for a feature that hardly anyone will use. You want to pay $599 for a PS4? Most people don't. You really think more than 1% of PS4 owners will turn on their PS3s ever again?

B) Software emulation, which is incredibly taxing on the hardware. You need hardware that is multiple times stronger than the hardware its trying to emulate in order to run the games smoothly. PS2 was approximately 50x stronger than the PS1, so it was easy to emulate PS1 games. The PS4 is only 10-12x stronger than the PS3. The Xbone is only 1.5x (Yes, 1.5x, not 15x. Its weakass architecture prevents devs from utilizing even 20% of its theoretical power) stronger than the 360. Even if the PS4 were 50x stronger than the PS3, I doubt SONY would ever try to implement PS3 software emulation. The PS3's architecture is just way too complicated. It would take years even with an army of John Carmacks and Mark Cernys.

I understand that, but I'm still pointing out the irony of it all. They went from very progressive in terms of hardware design to the worst offenders of milking remakes.

And it's made even worse because Sony isn't even remaking old games. These games are a few years old (on the case of TLOU a year old).

They aren't even trying to hide the fact that it's a cash grab.

#179 Posted by hehe101 (783 posts) -

LOL

#180 Edited by Gue1 (10180 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@lamprey263 said:

I still haven't played the game, I loved flOw and Flower when I played them, but considering the cow hype up on Journey I just avoided it since given how cows overhype stuff I didn't want it to lead to disappointment like everything else. Maybe playing it on the PS4 after all the hype is forgotten will be the best time for me to play it.

this is the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

I like this thing, but other seem to like it too, so i play it cuz those people seem to like it.

Shut the fuck with cow hype. If the game got great reviews and great reception and everyone is saying its a great experience, why the fuck are you still scared about Cow hype, when all the reviews and awards have already been given out?

cow hype dude

#181 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25509 posts) -

@Vatusus said:
@LegatoSkyheart said:

This is some crappy way of bringing Backwards Compatibility to the PS4.

Going by what happened to Sound Shapes and Flower you actually wont have to pay a dime to have it on PS4 so no complaints from me

well that's assuming that Journey will have the same store policies as Sound Shapes and Flower.

I'm just talking about all of these Re-Releases Sony is doing. I thought it was fine at first on the PS3 because we are getting to see some games in HD for the first time and it's nice to get a collection of games for a newer generation who probably didn't own those games. (I didn't own all of Devil May Cry so I cheered to see a Devil May Cry Trilogy being made.)

I mean yeah it's nice when it's a full collection being re-released for the console, but when you get games that are BARELY a year old (Last of US, Tomb Raider, Square I know but whatever) getting Re-Released. Now they're re-releasing Journey. It's like You know you could have just made the PS4 backwards compatible in the first place Sony. It would have saved you a lot of time and money porting these games to a new system.

#182 Posted by santoron (7769 posts) -

A better performing version of a popular and critically acclaimed game? Sounds pretty good. And considering they went cross buy with their other titles, it probably won't cost current owners a dime.

And yet the trolls howl.... poor guys.

Heard a ton about the game around here when it launched, but never got it myself. It looks like a game that would play well on my Vita so I'll probably grab it sometime down the road.

#183 Posted by cainetao11 (17691 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@bublover1 said:

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Indeed except GT, there isn't one game that has been sold as much as the biggest Microsoft franchise, while GT has more editions... The biggest gaming franchise between Microsoft and Sony (Nintendo is obviously Mario, by a million miles...), is Halo. No Sony exclusive comes close.

Well TLOU sold 7 million and Halo 4 9 million. I'd say thats close.

#184 Posted by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

So, does anyone else miss backwards compatibility yet?

#185 Posted by silversix_ (14777 posts) -

Now that i think of it its funny because there's not a single released or announced HD remake is coming to wiiu. At least that i'll give them an edge.

#186 Posted by cainetao11 (17691 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

So, does anyone else miss backwards compatibility yet?

Yeah I made a thread saying that in regards to remilks and quite a few agreed, but many attacked.

#187 Posted by cainetao11 (17691 posts) -
@silversix_ said:

Now that i think of it its funny because there's not a single released or announced HD remake is coming to wiiu. At least that i'll give them an edge.

What was Wind waker HD?

#188 Posted by silversix_ (14777 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:
@silversix_ said:

What was Wind waker HD?

forgot about this one so that's 1.

#189 Posted by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

@cainetao11: don't people know the extra cost of adding the functionality saves money in the long run, especially if they buy these milked last gen games being ported to ps4?

#190 Posted by cainetao11 (17691 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

@cainetao11: don't people know the extra cost of adding the functionality saves money in the long run, especially if they buy these milked last gen games being ported to ps4?

Hey I agree. But some people swear by the whole "now its in true HD!!!!" (although there are higher levels of definition yet to be reached by consoles) and will pay their money for them. I would prefer BC. Others tried to explain how its too hard to do and would cost too much. And I get that. None of these companies want to sell a console at a loss again.

The main thing was kinectthedots going to another realm when I said Sony was leading the charge with the remakes/HD collections simply because this gen and last, they have made the most. It was really funny.

#191 Posted by delta3074 (18406 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

@delta3074 said:

@bublover1 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@bublover1 said:

Really?

There's a difference between being immature and being child-friendly.

I rate immaturity by the (lack of) sophistication in games. Naught Dog games are well-written and philosophical. MS games just don't have that.

You obviously have not played many Halo games then dude and no offence, what you call 'well written' i call cheesy indiana jones/tomb raider rip-off storylines and you clearly don't even understand what the word philosophical actually means dude.

'relating or devoted to the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence.'

Does that really sound like uncharted to you?

Does Uncharted Study the Fundemental nature of knowledge=NO

Does uncharted Study the Nature of reality and existence=HELL NO

Before using big words i suggest you actually discover what those words mean in the first place.

#192 Posted by OhSnapitz (18454 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

@OhSnapitz said:

1st off eat a d!ck.

lol lemrage activated.

lol Sony ballz licking activated.

#193 Posted by delta3074 (18406 posts) -
@bublover1 said:

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Forza games are as Critically acclaimed as ND games, they are both AAAE franchises so i don't see your point, you don't half spout a load of nonsense dude.

#194 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5071 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Sony has an arsenal of first and second party studios. Microsoft has Remedy. 343i is still an unknown quantity considering Halo 4.

@bublover1 said:

LOL... And you think Halo 5 is going to sell as well as its predecessors? I'd like to smell the farts you're smelling. Not even sniffing cow farts will make you this delusional.

Halo is done. Halo 5 will sell 5 million LTD.

Yeah, ever since Halo 3 the series has seen real sales contraction. I'd be worried if I was Phil Spencer.

@delta3074 said:

Forza games are as Critically acclaimed as ND games, they are both AAAE franchises so i don't see your point, you don't half spout a load of nonsense dude.

Forza 5 got 80 in Metacritic. Wind your neck in.

Series fatigue from annualisation will make things worse.

#195 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@delta3074 said:
@bublover1 said:

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Stop living in the past. I rate studios by what they can produce here and now, not what they've produced 10 years back. Otherwise, final fantasy would still be a AAA franchise even after the past 3 hiccups from XIII.

#196 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Journey and mgs4 are those two goty titles that will be causing butthurt in lems and herms for generations to come.

#197 Posted by kinectthedots (1998 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

Yet another reason why buying one of these new consoles still isn´t worth it,especially if the majority of the library is gonna be comprised of indie PC ports and last gen "remasters".

The games Sony is bringing over however all seem to be GOTY caliber playstation exclusive titles. It's not their fault they have so many.

So saying "indie PC ports" isn't accurate at all. PC hasn't even seen any full on GOTY winning titles in the past generation much less an indie title. Stay crispy from all of that flaming PC butthut.

#198 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5071 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

Journey and mgs4 are those two goty titles that will be causing butthurt in lems and herms for generations to come.

Remember back in 2009 when lemmings thought an MGS4 port was going to be announced and it ended up being Metal Gear Solid: Rising?

"W-We never wanted your movie anyway!"

#199 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42964 posts) -

I'd probably play it for free.

#200 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I'd probably play it for free.

Considering it's like 2 hours yeah, just to see what all the hype is about it's not a bad way to spend that time.