John Tarmack has stolen technoligy

• 55 results
#51 Edited by airshocker (29932 posts) -

You all expected anything but a troll topic from UC? Poor gamespotters. With a name like uninspiredcup you should automatically assume everything he says is going to be a load of horse shit.

#52 Posted by delta3074 (18430 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Thread title:

"John Tarmack has stolen technoligy"

----

Damn. Word on teh streetz is dat JohnTarmack always be steelin' technoligies. Who B. John Tarmack? Eliphyno, but he a dude that keeps it real. Holla.

TC, you should have taken time to misspell "John's" name as "Jimmy" or "Johnny Tarmack" to go for a trifecta in spelling superiority.

For those that wonder, here's John Tarmack's latest game (Literally called John Tarmack, fast forward to 12 second mark):

"In a world with a lack of human hearts available for transplant... One man is trusted with delivery... That man... is John Tarmack. A gameboy game!"

This was a lot of work digging up gaming material for a "John Tarmack" (who I at first assumed wasn't associated with gaming at all due to an obvious misspelling, lol!). I delivered a Gameboy game with the same name. I like to think that van in the video above has Zenimax "technoligy" and you the gamer have to drive away with it! Another suggestion is you could take the time to spell Ex Id's/Rocketeer/3D gaming innovator John Carmack's name right, but then there would be no lolz, so I say keep it. inb4 something or other.

Thanks for the thread, I had a few giggles and I hope I delivered a few as well. :)

you da man Ty.

#53 Posted by clr84651 (5487 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

I hate when "John Tarmack" steals "technoligy"

Its even worse when he steals technology. LOL

#54 Edited by uninspiredcup (9013 posts) -

@airshocker said:

You all expected anything but a troll topic from UC? Poor gamespotters. With a name like uninspiredcup you should automatically assume everything he says is going to be a load of horse shit.

I've always respected you the most.

#55 Edited by airshocker (29932 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@airshocker said:

I've always respected you the most.

Doubtful.

#56 Edited by lostrib (37795 posts) -

@airshocker said:

I doubt anyone expected anything but stupid

#57 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8217 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@airshocker said:

I doubt anyone expected anything but stupid

SNIPER's alt making something stupid?

I'm speechless.

#58 Posted by foxhound_fox (88793 posts) -

Guy has big success after leaving company, company tries to claim any idea that pops into his head while working for them is their property, claims he "stole" from them. Business as usual it seems.

#59 Posted by SolidTy (43866 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@SolidTy said:

Thread title:

----

Damn. Word on teh streetz is dat JohnTarmack always be steelin' technoligies. Who B. John Tarmack? Eliphyno, but he a dude that keeps it real. Holla.

TC, you should have taken time to misspell "John's" name as "Jimmy" or "Johnny Tarmack" to go for a trifecta in spelling superiority.

For those that wonder, here's John Tarmack's latest game (Literally called John Tarmack, fast forward to 12 second mark):

"In a world with a lack of human hearts available for transplant... One man is trusted with delivery... That man... is John Tarmack. A gameboy game!"

This was a lot of work digging up gaming material for a "John Tarmack" (who I at first assumed wasn't associated with gaming at all due to an obvious misspelling, lol!). I delivered a Gameboy game with the same name. I like to think that van in the video above has Zenimax "technoligy" and you the gamer have to drive away with it! Another suggestion is you could take the time to spell Ex Id's/Rocketeer/3D gaming innovator John Carmack's name right, but then there would be no lolz, so I say keep it. inb4 something or other.

Thanks for the thread, I had a few giggles and I hope I delivered a few as well. :)

you da man Ty.

I had a lot of fun constructing that post, I'm thankful I wasn't the only one who had some fun. :)

#60 Posted by SolidTy (43866 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

@SolidTy said:

Thread title:

----

I was worried it was a bit too convoluted, lol, glad you got some joy out of that as well. :P

#61 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@tonitorsi said:

@SolidTy said:

Thread title:

----

I was worried it was a bit too convoluted, lol, glad you got some joy out of that as well. :P

Had me weak AF. :P

#62 Edited by lamprey263 (24236 posts) -

Okay, I think I understand this some, Zenimax gave some intellectual property assistance to Oculus, I'm guessing as a gesture to curry favor in hopes of acquiring shares, but failed to acquire a substantial share of Oculus ownership. They were probably in hopes of salvaging resolution until the company was sold for $2 billion, though suspect, I imagine it would motivate Zenimax in pursuing legal action if they did indeed provide some support to Oculus and contributed to it's worth and sale, and further commercial viability. This leaves to question how did Zenimax and Oculus work out an agreed upon usage of the intellectual property, as Zenimax says to make Oculus a viable VR product. On that end there may be conditions that Oculus did not honor.

Furthermore, John Tarmack going from working on Oculus support for Zenimax and then go on to work for Oculus is suspicious. He was made to sign a non-disclosure agreement and it I find it doubtful he abode by it considering jumping ship. Then again, there's only so much Zenimax can prove. I imagine Oculus could reverse engineer the code. And companies do have the ability to prevent employees from working with competitors, during or after their employment, to certain degrees, with non-competitor clauses. If they didn't make him sign it then that's kind of Zenimax's problem. Guess the lesson learned here, companies shouldn't collaborate like friends, they need to make legally tight and mutually agreed upon conditions as part of their partnerships.

Anyhow, VR techology has been out a long while, not to the commercial degree they're attempting with Oculus but it's been out for a long while now. I'm wondering if this fight is kind of worthless when considering that maybe both companies might have stolen intellectual property from those that came before...