Jimquisition: Why The PS4 Is Kicking Xbox One's Arse

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -
#2 Posted by vickissv2 (1703 posts) -

*Cringes* @ "arse"

#3 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3157 posts) -

I remember Jim Sterling doing God's work last May while the likes of Gies, Kuchera, Sessler, Totilo and Cliffy B were making excuses for DRM. Great guy.

#4 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3001 posts) -

Holy fuck, that guy is HUGE.

Edit:

Also, it's worth noting that Jim seems to think it's the XBone, that has no games.

#5 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

I remember Jim Sterling doing God's work last May while the likes of Gies, Kuchera, Sessler, Totilo and Cliffy B were making excuses for DRM. Great guy.

Amen to that. They must have all looked silly post E3.

#6 Posted by StormyJoe (4552 posts) -

@misterpmedia: The fact that indy games generally do not sell well, that kind of makes this argument... stupid.

#7 Posted by Scipio8 (608 posts) -

Indie games no system seller, OP thread backfire lol

#8 Edited by groowagon (2739 posts) -
@Scipio8 said:

well i almost bought X360 because of Shadow Complex... well, almost.

#9 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia: The fact that indy games generally do not sell well, that kind of makes this argument... stupid.

@Scipio8 said:

Comment backfires all around you mean? He's not talking about how indies sell systems or sell well. LOL He's talking about the availability of games on each system and upcoming games too. Opinions will always be opinions but he raises a substantial argument as to why the PS4 is kicking the Xbox One's arse..one you both kinda missed completely.

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (38140 posts) -

What an annoying voice that individual has.

#11 Posted by kuu2 (6780 posts) -

So indies are the reason why Sony is kicking MSoft's butt...................lol.

Here are some gems from this guys rant and why is this guy dressed up like the joker and behind a podium with dolls on it.

"Pay wall for MSoft is crap and PS+ for Sony is awesome."............lol

"Occasional AAA title" on The One but tons on the PS4...........lol

"Indies from Steam are finally on PS4"...............lol

"PS+ is better than Live"................lol

"Facebook and Twitch have helped to make indies acceptable on consoles."...................lol

I have one for this genius, how about the $100 price difference and even in the US (The most important and largest territory) Sony aint kicking nothing.

I will never understand how anyone would subscribe to or listen to guys like this. Glad to see podcasts like P2M are around to spare me from doornobs like this guy.

#12 Edited by groowagon (2739 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

So indies are the reason why Sony is kicking MSoft's butt...................lol.

Here are some gems from this guys rant and why is this guy dressed up like the joker and behind a podium with dolls on it.

"Facebook and Twitch have helped to make indies acceptable on consoles."...................lol

I have one for this genius, how about the $100 price difference and even in the US (The most important and largest territory) Sony aint kicking nothing.

I will never understand how anyone would subscribe to or listen to guys like this. Glad to see podcasts like P2M are around to spare me from doornobs like this guy.

well... it was more convincing than your post................. lol

#13 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (5882 posts) -

Another cow bible, hosted by a delusional fanyboy.

Que the circle jerk.

#14 Edited by Suppaman100 (3565 posts) -

First comment says it all:

"Ugh, you're SUCH a Sony fanboy, it's so obvious.

Just because the PS4 has greater hardware, superior specs, better releases, more respect for their fanbase and core customers for a lower price point you favor it.

Such fascism.

You were obviously paid."

#15 Posted by groowagon (2739 posts) -

Que the circle jerk.

delusional is an interesting choice of word.

#16 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

holy fuck, Kuu2 I love your comments sometimes, bravo. 10/10.

#17 Edited by StormyJoe (4552 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@Scipio8 said:

Comment backfires all around you mean? He's not talking about how indies sell systems or sell well. LOL He's talking about the availability of games on each system and upcoming games too. Opinions will always be opinions but he raises a substantial argument as to why the PS4 is kicking the Xbox One's arse..one you both kinda missed completely.

Whats the point of having a game "available" if no one buys it?

#18 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5882 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Que the circle jerk.

Maybe interesting to you. You actually listened to the fool, that is interesting. bye.

#19 Edited by Suppaman100 (3565 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Que the circle jerk.

#20 Posted by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

If he chooses to ignore the 50+ ID@Xbox indie devs with games coming, and doesn't give a crap about the One's features and thinks all it has is Titanfall then not sure I can take him seriously. Sony is winning due to price and its good will overseas. MS needs a price cut and they will be fine even if they follow behind Sony all gen long. Great price and compelling software sells consoles. Always has, always will. I can't get mad at Jim for his opinion as he's entitled to it. But his assessment of the One isn't something I agree with at all.

#21 Posted by groowagon (2739 posts) -

@groowagon said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Que the circle jerk.

Maybe interesting to you. You actually listened to the fool, that is interesting. bye.

you are comparing this to religion. tells me enough.

#22 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5882 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@groowagon said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Que the circle jerk.

Just because I refer to something as a "bible" doesn't mean it is religious. Especially in this sense. Before you were referring to delusional and now religion. you are all over the place.

#24 Posted by groowagon (2739 posts) -

@groowagon said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@groowagon said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Que the circle jerk.

Just because I refer to something as a "bible" doesn't mean it is religious. Especially in this sense. Before you were referring to delusional and now religion. you are all over the place.

i'm just quoting you one more time. for no apparent reason. always such a pleasure discussing and having an a-grade debate with you.

#25 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3476 posts) -

I think there's many reasons why the PS4 is kicking the Xboxes ass, one is obviously price, it's a damn good advantage and it's helping them a lot, two is PS+ you get free games for a minimal price per year, it's a damn good deal considering Xbox live is same amount but hasn't gotten to where PS+ is as of yet. Third is the E3 it still left a bad taste in many peoples mouths and kinect is still useless unless Ms either cuts the cord or does something of value with it. Lastly a lot of Xbox people last gen started buying PS3's mainly cause of a lotnofnfriends brand new IPs that kept coming out, MS IMO didn't have the games that don't kept pushing towards the end of the gen the past 3 years, it felt like MS just didn't care and all they were going for was timed DLC and content here and there, it goes without saying MS can bounce back but they got arrogant last gen, lems here claim Ms has tons and tons of money which is true, but if so why not aquirre some studios and dev teams they would lead Sony like no tomorrow, and they could have easily last gen as well.

#26 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28309 posts) -

...lol jimquisition lol no.

here is a tip misterp you are supporting a guy that gave out the facebook and address information of a user that called him sexist and that guy started getting pictures in pm and email sent to him of his house including one with his kids in the yard.

#27 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Scipio8 said:

The bolded is just you speculating, and literally nothing more. They are available to buy. Some people will, some people won't. It expands the game library whether you like it or not. Doesn't matter if you like them or not personally, some people will.

#28 Edited by speedfog (2843 posts) -

#29 Posted by AM-Gamer (3309 posts) -

@kuu2: PS4 is beating the Xbox one in the US.

#31 Posted by speedfog (2843 posts) -

#32 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12759 posts) -

here is a tip misterp you are supporting a guy that gave out the facebook and address information of a user that called him sexist and that guy started getting pictures in pm and email sent to him of his house including one with his kids in the yard.

I don't think anyone should takes tips from you bro, lol.

#33 Posted by kuu2 (6780 posts) -

I think there's many reasons why the PS4 is kicking the Xboxes ass, one is obviously price, it's a damn good advantage and it's helping them a lot, two is PS+ you get free games for a minimal price per year, it's a damn good deal considering Xbox live is same amount but hasn't gotten to where PS+ is as of yet. Third is the E3 it still left a bad taste in many peoples mouths and kinect is still useless unless Ms either cuts the cord or does something of value with it. Lastly a lot of Xbox people last gen started buying PS3's mainly cause of a lotnofnfriends brand new IPs that kept coming out, MS IMO didn't have the games that don't kept pushing towards the end of the gen the past 3 years, it felt like MS just didn't care and all they were going for was timed DLC and content here and there, it goes without saying MS can bounce back but they got arrogant last gen, lems here claim Ms has tons and tons of money which is true, but if so why not aquirre some studios and dev teams they would lead Sony like no tomorrow, and they could have easily last gen as well.

Agree mostly with this and indies weren't mentioned..............shocking.

Also why by a dev when you can purchase exclusivity which Sony can't do? A lot less money in the long term and you get all the same benefits. If the franchise is successful then you can purchase as in the case of Gears.

#34 Posted by Shewgenja (7912 posts) -

Church!

#35 Posted by kuu2 (6780 posts) -

Sounds like someone with thin skin and shouldn't be anywhere near an audience and be trusted with information.

#36 Posted by kuu2 (6780 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@kuu2: PS4 is beating the Xbox one in the US.

"Beating" and "kicking ass" are two different things entirely. The Seahawks beat the 49ers in the NFC championship. The Seahawks kicked the Bronco's ass in the the Super Bowl. See the difference.

#37 Posted by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

Jesus, are you kidding me?!!! Fuck this asshole!

#38 Posted by Desmonic (12638 posts) -

He ended the video in an extremely creepy way lol

#39 Posted by PonchoTaco (1900 posts) -

First comment says it all:

"Ugh, you're SUCH a Sony fanboy, it's so obvious.

Just because the PS4 has greater hardware, superior specs, better releases, more respect for their fanbase and core customers for a lower price point you favor it.

Such fascism.

You were obviously paid."

That's simply not true.

It will most likely happen in the future, but to say that right now is down right silly.

#40 Posted by iwasgood2u (673 posts) -

MS enjoys giving money away to 3rd parties knowing its low risk, cost cheaper, and less of a headache later on. Its much like pay a high profile NFL player 12 $ million for 1 yr. After that cut them find another victim. If doing really good pay double to keep them longer. Its a possible chance ms might pay ea double to keep sequel only on xboner. Ms is smart ill give them that but at the same time lazy and scared to create their own new ip.

#41 Posted by StormyJoe (4552 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Scipio8 said:

The bolded is just you speculating, and literally nothing more. They are available to buy. Some people will, some people won't. It expands the game library whether you like it or not. Doesn't matter if you like them or not personally, some people will.

It's not anymore speculation than the guy in the video's conclusions. He even said they don't sell millions of licenses for indy games.

So, he basically said "the PS4 is currently better because it offers a lot more downloadable games that no one buys".

#42 Posted by uninspiredcup (6775 posts) -

But pc's still the best.

#43 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Scipio8 said:

It's not anymore speculation than the guy in the video's conclusions. He even said they don't sell millions of licenses for indy games.

So, he basically said "the PS4 is currently better because it offers a lot more downloadable games that no one buys".

Doesn't disprove what I said. Jim is welcome to state his opinion on whether he thinks anyone will buy them or not a lot like you did. If the choice is there to expand a game library, people will take it.

#44 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

I don't think anyone should takes tips from you bro, lol.

I advise him to not believe everything he reads on the internet.

#45 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (472 posts) -

So, IndieStation 4: Place for indies. Xflop1: Place for Titanfall.

Sounds like I get the complete and better experience with my PC.

#46 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

So, IndieStation 4: Place for indies. Xflop1: Place for Titanfall.

Sounds like I get the complete and better experience with my PC.

from the performance anal, PC is still the place for that lol.

#47 Posted by StormyJoe (4552 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Scipio8 said:

Doesn't disprove what I said. Jim is welcome to state his opinion on whether he thinks anyone will buy them or not a lot like you did. If the choice is there to expand a game library, people will take it.

I am not sure what you mean. That Jim guy said the PS4 was winning because if Indy games. I said that's BS, because (and he even said so in the video) indy games don't sell that well.

It's like telling someone "the Camry is selling so well because it has a removable trunk and removable headlights as options", even though no one buys Camrys with those options.

#48 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Scipio8 said:

I am not sure what you mean. That Jim guy said the PS4 was winning because if Indy games. I said that's BS, because (and he even said so in the video) indy games don't sell that well.

It's like telling someone "the Camry is selling so well because it has a removable trunk and removable headlights as options", even though no one buys Camrys with those options.

He also said in the video he'd bought quite a few and thinks they're great fillers between AAAs. He also implied that he hadn't been playing his Xbone for a while until Titanfall came around, so what's your point? He's saying there's more games to play on PS4 and that's probably why it's selling well. Not to mention touching on other aspects such as the premium services that differ in value.

#49 Posted by MBirdy88 (7133 posts) -

I dont agree with "killing it" in games... theyre both about even.

but his overall message will be correct in the long run unless MS shake things up.

but still, hes pathetic, I hate his attitude, his humour is crap.... and hes just a douche "I am correct and your wrong" HOW? if you like forza and dead rising and killer instinct, how trhe hell is resogun, knack and flopzone going to be "killing it"?

and then there is titanfall vs infamous... I know which I would choose if I had to.

#50 Posted by Suppaman100 (3565 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@misterpmedia said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Scipio8 said:

Doesn't matter if you find it BS, the facts are clear. PS4 is winning.

And it's not only because of indie games,... PS4 is just a better package as a whole. That's what he was trying to say.