Japanese Dreamcast vs Gamecube?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dcps210go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dcps210go
Member since 2009 • 313 Posts

After playing I realized how kiddy and arcady the gamecube system was. You can't hold the control well, you have small 1 sided discs and you even have shitty arcady or what should be third-party b rated nintendo games such as mario world. After playing it, it just seemed like wii was good for nintendo. Besides only using rogue squadron as an excuse, there really is none. See the following:

I was playing games from Japan like Giant Gram 2000 3, Macross M3, and even Gundam DX, a direct gamecube port and thought how shitty the system must be. People keep complaining that Dreamcast has no sports games besides football, but i played J-league the sequel to 90 minutes and it was great. It was a combination of the arcady games like virtual striker 2 and sports jam with easy ea fifa sports-like soccer gameplay@60 fps. IDK really, but gamecube doesnt even have any flightsims i don't think. Even if it has a racer, its just a ps2 port not using the unique realtime sim function at the time via the dreamcast clock settings. I actually like ps2 now because it is the easiest for hacking games...gamecube though, seems like it tried to pull off a sega vs nintendo war and failed. It only won in one category and thats specs, thats cus sega copied the katana board to the 'T' and lost money doing it. But the ATI is actually an SH4 running with higher vram imho...so not really. Ever notice those pauses on skies of arcadia or sonic adventure for gamecube btw? We all know Dreamcast used Direct x 6 and even windows CE via the Power Vr2 making it almost equal interms of bumpmapping to gamecube via 2x vs 8x bump-mapping which streamed from the disc and not the motherboard ram. That's not a developer issue, its cus it couldnt be done.

dcps210go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By dcps210go
Member since 2009 • 313 Posts

Anyone whom says dreamcast is a fifth gen console is highly mistaken btw. The first console to translate pc games perfectly and outdo the pc/arcade market in specs during its first gen of games would not make it a fifth gen console. Besides that, the powervr is like a precursor to the ati card.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

....I had no problem holding the controller, Small one sided discs? kay...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44539 Posts

Only sports game I played on the Dreamcast was Blitz, was much better improvement over the N64 version I had come to like, also really like Blitz and Hitz on the GameCube as well, not such a fan of the controller but it plays fine, liked the Xbox versions better though, runs so much smoother and than GameCube or PS2 ports, better controls too.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Wait, what year is it again?