Japan Will Help the PS3 Win this Generation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fart_Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fart_Storm
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

It's always been said that you can't win a console war without Japan. Now, is no different. We have seen abysmal sales of the 360 in Japan all along, meanwhile PS3 sales are skyrocketing despite the 360 snagging lots of JRPGs. The PS3 is even outsalling the 360 in the US. Also, the Japanese like their own consoles, not some foreign piece of a console. Japan is a land of honor and tradition, and the playstation faithful band together to help their favoriate console prevail over all challengers.The Japanese will never allow another foreign console to win, and without Japan you can't win the consoel war: thus, the PS3 will win.

Why do some fanboys seem to think that the 360 will win the console race? It won't.

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
Why can't you be a funny troll?
AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts

Surprise : Xbox 360 outsold in japan.

Surprise 2 : nintendo is dominating in japan

gamefreakomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamefreakomega
Member since 2003 • 3732 Posts

It's always been said that you can't win a console war without Japan.

Fart_Storm

I think that when people say that they mean Japanese developer support, which MS has.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Why can't you be a funny troll?ONLYDOD

They've all been banned.

Now all that's left are the srs bsns trolls.

AtrumRegina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AtrumRegina
Member since 2008 • 1584 Posts

paintballz was funny. I am a "facepalm" funny troll sometimes

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts

By selling worse than Gamecube?

Or are you still talking about Sony's 10 year BS?

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 insanejedi
Member since 2007 • 1738 Posts
I guess all these people must have commited seppuku after buying all these 360s.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
He used to be, now he's just kinda getting old. Where's Sihanouk? I like him better.
fredyfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fredyfish
Member since 2008 • 538 Posts

[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]Why can't you be a funny troll?pyromaniac223
He used to be, now he's just kinda getting old. Where's Sihanouk? I like him better.

i know all the fanboys are gone:cry:

Fart_Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fart_Storm
Member since 2008 • 519 Posts

[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]Why can't you be a funny troll?pyromaniac223

Why are you guys calling me names like this? How is anything that I ever wrote trolling? How is my thread any different than 80% of threads on system wars, arguing why XXX console is better than XXX console? I just use facts, and lemmings don't like facts. The playstation union stands united, in gaming: join us.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
lol japan belongs to nintendo.....get over it
fredyfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fredyfish
Member since 2008 • 538 Posts

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]Why can't you be a funny troll?Fart_Storm

Why are you guys calling me names like this? How is anything that I ever wrote trolling? How is my thread any different than 80% of threads on system wars, arguing why XXX console is better than XXX console? I just use facts, and lemmings don't like facts. The playstation union stands united, in gaming: join us.

:lol:

okay so this is opinion

the 360 has sold more consoles than the PS3

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6965 Posts

It's always been said that you can't win a console war without Japan.Now, is no different. Why do some fanboys seem to think that the 360 will win the console race? It won't.

Fart_Storm

I agree. And seeing that the Wii is obliterating all competition in Japan, by a factor of 3:1 over the very distant 2nd place PS3, I think we can safely say the Wii will win.

And no one is saying the 360 will win the console race. Some people are saying it will come in 2nd. That isn't winning.

To be an effective troll you must try much harder.

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]Why can't you be a funny troll?fredyfish

:lol:

okay so this is opinion

the 360 has sold more consoles than the PS3

Overall it has, but the PS3 has been selling at a quicker rate than the 360.

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#18 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I can't halp but laugh at the fact that you didn't mention the Wii once in your post.

Japan seems way more interested in helping nitendo

cakeisntalie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 cakeisntalie
Member since 2008 • 634 Posts

It's always been said that you can't win a console war without Japan. Now, is no different. We have seen abysmal sales of the 360 in Japan all along, meanwhile PS3 sales are skyrocketing despite the 360 snagging lots of JRPGs. The PS3 is even outsalling the 360 in the US. Also, the Japanese like their own consoles, not some foreign piece of a console. Japan is a land of honor and tradition, and the playstation faithful band together to help their favoriate console prevail over all challengers.The Japanese will never allow another foreign console to win, and without Japan you can't win the consoel war: thus, the PS3 will win.

Why do some fanboys seem to think that the 360 will win the console race? It won't.

Fart_Storm

i bolded the facts, underlined mispelled words

facebooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 facebooker
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts

AtrumRegina

surprise 3: 360 has significantly more jrpgs

BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#21 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]

It's always been said that you can't win a console war without Japan.

gamefreakomega

I think that when people say that they mean Japanese developer support, which MS has.

No, it's console sales we're talking about. The winner overall has always dominated japanese sales
KingOfJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KingOfJersey
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts
^^^I still remember Sega Saturn dominating Japan in sales and still losing the overall war against N64 and PS1, and think a decent balance of all regions is necessary to win like what the Wii is doing. I know the PS3 is going to come in second, ain't nobody competing with the Wii's prices and they are mad cheap and thrifty over in Japan, so when Sony slashes the price a little bit more on the PS3 it's game over for the Xbox360 over in Japan.
Iceman2911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Iceman2911
Member since 2006 • 2669 Posts

This is what is going to happen

wii=first

ps3=second

360=third

I don't how it is going to happen but it is

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]Why can't you be a funny troll?Fart_Storm

You are just a little more over-the-top than the other trolls in SW.
gbpman630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gbpman630
Member since 2003 • 2795 Posts

This is what is going to happen

wii=first

ps3=second

360=third

I don't how it is going to happen but it is

Iceman2911

I think you are right. The Wii has this gen. They have gotten non gamers to buy a gaming system. But, I do believe the PS3 will lead in terms of software sales (even if Nintendo tries to include Wii Sports and WiiPlay in the software charts).

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
The Japanese will never allow another foreign console to win, and without Japan you can't win the consoel war: thus, the PS3 will win.
Fart_Storm
Meh, what's so special about Japan or their developers? It's just another market, and no longer the largest one at that.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]The Japanese will never allow another foreign console to win, and without Japan you can't win the consoel war: thus, the PS3 will win.
lowe0
Meh, what's so special about Japan or their developers? It's just another market, and no longer the largest one at that.

Japan's market affects our market.

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

^^^I still remember Sega Saturn dominating Japan in sales and still losing the overall war against N64 and PS1, and think a decent balance of all regions is necessary to win like what the Wii is doing. I know the PS3 is going to come in second, ain't nobody competing with the Wii's prices and they are mad cheap and thrifty over in Japan, so when Sony slashes the price a little bit more on the PS3 it's game over for the Xbox360 over in Japan.KingOfJersey

Actually FFXIII ( which comes out in late 08 early 09 in Japan ) and GTR5 will kill any chances of the 360 catching up in Japan.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]The Japanese will never allow another foreign console to win, and without Japan you can't win the consoel war: thus, the PS3 will win.
lowe0

Don't care about Japan. Their devs? YES. Are you seriously gonna ignore Nintendo, Sony, Sega, Konami, Capcom, Namco, Square Enix and others?

And on topic: Wii winning in sales. 360 winning in games. PS3 is 2nd placed.

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts

You are a boring troll fart storm... stop being so series.

I'm miss PS_john :cry:

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
Why do cows say Japan is the land of the Playstation?The Wii has Japan,the playstations sales in Japan are sad.
Ace132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ace132
Member since 2008 • 1515 Posts

AtrumRegina
not anymore,PS2 sold even more than xbox in Japan(xbox sold only 7mils) PS2 (12 mils) and ps3 13 mils
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Exactly. PS_John managed to act just as ignorant and dumb but atleast he was funny aswell.
istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
At least you didn't make a thread to idolize "Kaz-san" this time.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Yeah all the PS3 owners are going to be wanting PS3s for FF13, oh but that's on 360 now and 360 has more JRPG's like Tales and IU, but at least the Japanese will get a PS3 for Monster Hunter, oh but wait that's on the Wii now, but then think of all the quirky original games the PS3 has like urrm LBP and urr LBP....
SpinoRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SpinoRaptor
Member since 2006 • 2419 Posts

Well guess what is outselling your precious PS3? Nintendo Wii. And by a very large margin, with no sign of slowing down.

So I wouldn't be popping champagne bottles if I were you.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

Don't care about Japan. Their devs? YES. Are you seriously gonna ignore Nintendo, Sony, Sega, Konami, Capcom, Namco, Square Enix and others?

locopatho

Yeah, I could. The only Japanese games I'm currently playing are MGS 4 and SoulCalibur 4... I can live without two games. I couldn't care less about Nintendo, the Sony and Sega games I'm playing are all from Western studios, Konami doesn't have anything other than MGS 4 that interests me, Capcom doesn't make much that interests me (not a Resident Evil fan), same goes for Namco, and I hate JRPGs so Square Enix is completely out.

So yeah... what do I need Japan for, again?

jiggawho2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jiggawho2006
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts

Fart_Storm

it's funny how sony's ceo is a white person and also sony's stock is in NYSE :) therefore, it's not owned by japanese ...it's owned by stock holders from many countries

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
[QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]Why can't you be a funny troll?pyromaniac223

You are just a little more over-the-top than the other trolls in SW.

Exactly. Its ok to make a thread like this once in a while, though even this is a little too much. But posting this suff all the time is way too much.

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sakura_Ex

Yeah all the PS3 owners are going to be wanting PS3s for FF13, oh but that's on 360 now and 360 has more JRPG's like Tales and IU, but at least the Japanese will get a PS3 for Monster Hunter, oh but wait that's on the Wii now, but then think of all the quirky original games the PS3 has like urrm LBP and urr LBP....bobbetybob

FFXIII is still exclusive to the PS3 in Japan.

fjburgos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 fjburgos
Member since 2008 • 681 Posts

AtrumRegina

Yea for one miserable week, how great.

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sakura_Ex
[QUOTE="AtrumRegina"]

fjburgos

Yea for one miserable week, how great.

Another thing they don't realize is that the PS3 is over 2 million in Japan where as the Xbox360 hasn't even reached 1 million yet over there,not to mention when FFXIII comes out in Japan it will be even farther ahead of the 360.

Anyone who thinks the 360 will catch up with the PS3 in Japan are delusional.

Rakushoujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rakushoujo
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Fart_Storm"]The Japanese will never allow another foreign console to win, and without Japan you can't win the consoel war: thus, the PS3 will win.
hakanakumono

Japan's market affects our market.

I like how you say "OUR" market, failing to realize not every one buys games from there region or support there region when it comes to gaming for that matter. Pretty much all the games I have interest in are only available in Japan and the ones that are available outside Japan were screwed in English and I've played the games as proof of that alone. In other words I'm a American who considers them self a Japanese video gamer and only support the Japanese market even though I live in America.

Heck the only thing I support in my country is the hardware/accessories because there is no warranty for a imported piece of hardware/accessories once it leaves outside Japan. In other words I not only support the Japanese market even though I live in America I hate the changes made in the English version and glad I'm obsessed with the Japanese language enough to get the original Japanese version without caring for the language barrier you so called non importer refer as.