Jack Tretton says PS3 has sold "the same if not more" than the 360

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

It doesn't matter at this point

Let it go

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
We already know that the PS3 won everything this gen. Only delusional lems think otherwise.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

looks pretty bad on microsoft part, they had a year head start, way cheaper price, it took the ps3 a very long while to hit its stride. 

Chris_Williams
Sony lost nearly 50% of its market share and is in deep financial trouble, while MS operates in the black with the 36o having gained a huge chunk of market share than the previous gen. Sony looks bad this past gen. We'll see what the new one brings. But their is no way you can sugarcoat losing market share in any industry, period.
shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-07-19-xbox-completes-another-profitable-year-as-xbox-live-grows-15-percent
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
:lol: he sounds like cows in here that always make excuses. So basically they sold the same despite Sony having a much bigger brand coming into this gen and selling is more countries. Sounds like a failure to me.
Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Speedzilla
Member since 2012 • 1732 Posts

:lol: he sounds like cows in here that always make excuses. So basically they sold the same despite Sony having a much bigger brand coming into this gen and selling is more countries. Sounds like a failure to me. mems_1224

M$ basically sold less despite having 1 extra year. Sounds like a bigger failure to me.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]:lol: he sounds like cows in here that always make excuses. So basically they sold the same despite Sony having a much bigger brand coming into this gen and selling is more countries. Sounds like a failure to me. Speedzilla

M$ basically sold less despite having 1 extra year. Sounds like a bigger failure to me.

Wii came out after the PS3 and killed both MS and Sony. A year head start isn't as big of an advantage as selling in more countries.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]:lol: he sounds like cows in here that always make excuses. So basically they sold the same despite Sony having a much bigger brand coming into this gen and selling is more countries. Sounds like a failure to me. mems_1224

Wii came out after the PS3 and killed both MS and Sony. A year head start isn't as big of an advantage as selling in more countries.

Where is the 360 not selling?
Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Speedzilla
Member since 2012 • 1732 Posts

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"]:lol: he sounds like cows in here that always make excuses. So basically they sold the same despite Sony having a much bigger brand coming into this gen and selling is more countries. Sounds like a failure to me. mems_1224

Casuals went crazy over the Wii.

RROD helped the 360's sales as well. Let's not forget that, mems.

drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 drakekratos
Member since 2011 • 2311 Posts
Tretton knows what he's talking about. PS3 and 360 are pretty equal in sales. The difference is negligible, and 360 had a year head start.
walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts

looks pretty bad on microsoft part, they had a year head start, way cheaper price, it took the ps3 a very long while to hit its stride. 

Chris_Williams
I love how this is always brought up. Except the fact the PS3 was supposed to demolish the 360 within it's first month. M$ did very well in fact.
Avatar image for MstaPrimeMnista
MstaPrimeMnista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MstaPrimeMnista
Member since 2013 • 1042 Posts
Thank you Trent for setting the record straight for the lemmings, but no need to be modest with "sold the same", we all know it crushed and obliverated the 360.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
You people are pathetic if you still care about seventh gen console sales. The Wii sold the most, Sony made terrible mistakes but made a great recovery, MS started out great but declined after Kinect. We all know this let's just be done with it.
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
Thank you Trent for setting the record straight for the lemmings, but no need to be modest with "sold the same", we all know it crushed and obliverated the 360.MstaPrimeMnista
Are you another Pinnacle alt?