Iwata:We are prioritising satisfying people who bought Wii U

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata has said the company will not abandon the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U audiences to focus on its next console, codenamed the NX.

Speaking in an investor meeting, which was reported on by Japanese Twitter user NStyles and translated by Cheesemeister, Iwata said it wouldn't be efficient for the company to cut loose its existing audiences.

"The NX is new hardware, and will start from zero," he said. "However, the 3DS and Wii U have install bases. Immediately cutting off software for previous hardware upon the release of a new machine is inefficient."

The exec went on to reaffirm Nintendo's dedication to the Wii U:

"We will continue making 3DS and Wii U software while preparing for the NX," he added. "We are prioritising satisfying customers who purchased the Wii U.

Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto--famed for being the father of Mario--previously discussed the Wii U's lacklustre performance, suggesting that its high price point may have been a contributing factor.

"Unfortunately with our latest system, the Wii U, the price point was one that ended up getting a little higher than we wanted," he said.

Continuing, Miyamoto said the rapidly evolving tablet market may have leapfrogged Nintendo, taking the shine off its vision for the Wii U and its tablet-like GamePad.

"I think unfortunately what ended up happening was that tablets themselves appeared in the marketplace and evolved very, very rapidly," Miyamoto explained.

"The uniqueness of [the Wii U's tablet] features were perhaps not as strong as they were when we had first begun developing them."

Nintendo has confirmed its next home console is codenamed the NX. The hardware was announced in March, around the same time the company also revealed plans to finally enter the smartphone market.

When asked for specifics on the NX, Iwata said Nintendo does not plan to fully reveal NX until 2016. He did, however, say the company is "calling it a 'new concept' ... not thinking of [it] as a 'simple replacement' for the 3DS or the Wii U."

Source: GameSpot .http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-prioritising-satisfying-wii-u-owners-ceo-/1100-6428483/

People crap on Iwata all the time. But at least he's not just gonna pee all over the Wii U install base and force them to buy an NX. At least Nintendo is trying to make us happy with our Wii U inverstment before it's time to move on to the next system.

Gotta respect that, at least.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Then where is Metroid?

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

@inb4uall said:

Then where is Metroid?

on the 3DS....

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Good for the two wiiu owners out there

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

Feels like they're not though. Their E3 showing was pathetic.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 inb4uall

@pikachudude860 said:
@inb4uall said:

Then where is Metroid?

on the 3DS....

I'll ask once more, where is metroid?

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

What's he gonna say? That their priority is on the NX so don't buy the Wii U.

We're talking about a system that probably won't be out until 2017. In this case, actions will speak louder than words, and we'll have to see how many new big games launch for it over the next 2 years.

That said, considering they just recently launched a new 3DS, I would hope they would still make some games for it.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Please understand. We have failed. But please understand we will not abandon the console just yet. Here is another 2D platformer for full price and Carnival Games 2. Please understand.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55897 Posts

As long as Nintendo will support 3DS, it's all good to me. I have invested a lot of money into my N3DS XL with over 14 games digital.

@pikachudude860 said:
@inb4uall said:

Then where is Metroid?

on the 3DS....

And it's good to see Nintendo bringing Metroid to 3DS.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

PR words vs. pathetic E3 show.

Hmmm...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator

@SolidTy said:

Hmmm...

I'll go with pathetic E3 show. That was one of the worst Nintendo DE I, I ever seen.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@davillain- said:
@SolidTy said:

Hmmm...

I'll go with pathetic E3 show. That was one of the worst Nintendo DE I, I ever seen.

Well, hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

I'll believe it when I see it, because it already feels like they've abandoned the Wii-U. We're going into July and only four games have been released for it this year in North America.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By inb4uall

@davillain- said:

As long as Nintendo will support 3DS, it's all good to me. I have invested a lot of money into my N3DS XL with over 14 games digital.

@pikachudude860 said:
@inb4uall said:

Then where is Metroid?

on the 3DS....

And it's good to see Nintendo bringing Metroid to 3DS.

Call it whatever you want to but that's not Metroid, I dont care what the box says.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator

@inb4uall: Understandable.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Nintendo is not like Sony, they support their platforms, sorry Vita, RIP.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

lol..will not abandon 3DS..yea okay, will not abandon Wii U? I'll believe it when I see it...especially the only *NEW* game they showed for Wii U at E3 was Mario Tennis on (Wii U). :P

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@superbuuman: Still better than what Sony showed for 2015. Dont hate cause Wii U has awesome 2015 lineup, and 2016 looks even better.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Sounds like a start from scratch thing. That a new eco system will replace their current one. IF that translation is accurate.............as there is mention of replacing 3ds at the same time.

Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts

That's why they have a total of two games announced for 2016. And announced absolutely no new Wii-u games at E3.

There's absolutely no reason to believe this. They let a console with 100 million install base starve for 2 years with almost no support. And that was a console way easier to develop for.

And now your saying your going to keep supporting a console with not even 1/10th the install base of the wii, and that's much more resource demanding when it comes to developing games? Even after you announce the NX? HA!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

@Wild_man_22 said:

That's why they have a total of two games announced for 2016. And announced absolutely no new Wii-u games at E3.

There's absolutely no reason to believe this. They let a console with 100 million install base starve for 2 years with almost no support. And that was a console way easier to develop for.

And now your saying your going to keep supporting a console with not even 1/10th the install base of the wii, and that's much more resource demanding when it comes to developing games? Even after you announce the NX? HA!

Yup. I've bought 1 game last year and it will be 1 game this year. Totally worth having the console.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@inb4uall said:

Then where is Metroid?

Then where is (put favorite nintendo title here)?

You could say this about lots of vaulted Nintendo games.

But if you're wondering where star fox is it's on Wii U this fall. I know it's easy to complain about what we're not getting but it's also easy to overlook what we are.

The same way people say, "Then where are the new Nintendo IP's?" Well they get Splatoon but then it's not good enough.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#24  Edited By UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@inb4uall said:

Then where is Metroid?

But if you're wondering where star fox is it's on Wii U this fall. I know it's easy to complain about what we're not getting but it's also easy to overlook what we are.

The same way people say, "Then where are the new Nintendo IP's?" Well they get Splatoon but then it's not good enough.

Star Fox looks awful, boring and tiring, doe.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@Wild_man_22 said:

Yup. I've bought 1 game last year and it will be 1 game this year. Totally worth having the console.

lol you should just sell the thing so we don't have to hear about it anymore.

OT I'm totally satisfied with my console now. Splatoon really filled that need that was missing. Now that that has happened, everything else is bonus. I'm pretty psyched for NX. If its the fusion concept it will be the greatest console Nintendo has made ... maybe ever.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 inb4uall

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@inb4uall said:

Then where is Metroid?

Yeah, except we haven't been waiting expectantly to see what retros been working on expecting Metroid only to get whatever that 3DS crap is. Your blind worship of Nintendo might slide with other posters but I'm going to blunt. If you can''t step back and look at this from a reasonable perspective I'm just going to ignore you. We already knew about starfox from last years E3. Nintendo had a thoroughly disappointing showing. This is undeniable.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@ultimateimp: why don't you say what you really mean? :D

Seriously though, people talking up that star fox game. It's all they have, so they have to. but it's looking pretty poor at this stage.

No F Zero this gen either.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

They abandon the Wii, once the Wii U came out, I highly doubt Nintendo will do the same when the NX is out.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bread_or_Decide

@inb4uall said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@inb4uall said:

Then where is Metroid?

Yeah, except we haven't been waiting expectantly to see what retros been working on expecting Metroid only to get whatever that 3DS crap is. Your blind worship of Nintendo might slide with other posters but I'm going to blunt. If you can''t step back and look at this from a reasonable perspective I'm just going to ignore you. We already knew about starfox from last years E3. Nintendo had a thoroughly disappointing showing. This is undeniable.

LOL Blind Worship. Just ask anyone how much I hated the Wii last gen. Then come talk to me about blind worship.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 inb4uall

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@inb4uall said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@inb4uall said:

Then where is Metroid?

LOL Blind Worship. Just ask anyone how much I hated the Wii last gen. Then come talk to me about blind worship.

I call em like I see em pal.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bread_or_Decide

@FireEmblem_Man said:

They abandon the Wii, once the Wii U came out, I highly doubt Nintendo will do the same when the NX is out.

And the Wii sold 100 million consoles and those last two years were barren. So how can we expect them to support the Wii U which sold less?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68

@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@Wild_man_22 said:

OT I'm totally satisfied with my console now. Splatoon really filled that need that was missing. Now that that has happened, everything else is bonus. I'm pretty psyched for NX. If its the fusion concept it will be the greatest console Nintendo has made ... maybe ever.

You should just enjoy yours and not tell how "Great it is" so we dont have to hear about it anymore.

and lol at NX

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bread_or_Decide

@inb4uall said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@inb4uall said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@inb4uall said:

Then where is Metroid?

I call em like I see em pal.

Well, thank god for you then, good sir. Thank god for you.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 inb4uall

@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@Wild_man_22 said:

Don't you understand? Heil only bought it so he could bitch about it and prove he has one on an internet gaming forum. He never intended too play it. It's just like Arkephonic and his Xbone.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 UltimateImp

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Inb4uall has a point. You're either an extreme elitist hater, or a blind worshiper. There's a lot in-between being a hater and a worshiper, is it too much to ask of you stop acting like a twat and start being reasonable?

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 inb4uall

@Heil68 said:
@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@Wild_man_22 said:

You should just enjoy yours and not tell how "Great it is" so we dont have to hear about it anymore.

and lol at NX

I could say the same about you about you and the Ps4 Heil.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Heil68

@inb4uall said:
@Heil68 said:
@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@Wild_man_22 said:

and lol at NX

Sure! So why limit/bitch about someones opinions?

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 UltimateImp

Someone in this thread is sour. Making 2 posts about the same person, lol

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Well good! I don't feel satisfied. >;/

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 inb4uall

@Heil68 said:
@inb4uall said:
@Heil68 said:
@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@Wild_man_22 said:

and lol at NX

Sure! So why limit/bitch about someones opinions?

Fair point.

Pharoahogc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pharoahogc1
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts

3rd pilliar lol

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Sure...

• No Zelda at E3
  • No Metroid Prime for Wii U
  • Starfox looks like a low budget 360 game

... Makes sense.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

@inb4uall said:
@bunchanumbers said:
@Heil68 said:
@Wild_man_22 said:

Don't you understand? Heil only bought it so he could bitch about it and prove he has one on an internet gaming forum. He never intended too play it. It's just like Arkephonic and his Xbone.

lol I'd believe it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DaVillain  Moderator

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@inb4uall said:

Then where is Metroid?

To clarify, the reason why everyone is piss-off over the 3DS version is the fact that it's not coming to Wii U. Everyone is trying to justify there Wii U purchase and by right, Nintendo should have been working a Metroid Prime Wii U from the gek-go, if they truly care for there fans and assume they know what they want, why not do both Prime versions? The last Prime we had was Other M, M however I had no problems with that game, I was cool with it since Team Ninja did there best with Other M. That said, this is the reason why everyone lost there shit when Metroid Prime is coming to 3DS and not Wii U. For me, I'm actually happy that a new Metroid is coming to 3DS [but Prime was the last thing on my mind] and this is a day one purchase for me. The more 3DS game, the better but I do understand that the frustration from Wii U owners that they purchase Wii U for nothing.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bread_or_Decide

@ultimateimp said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Inb4uall has a point. You're either an extreme elitist hater, or a blind worshiper. There's a lot in-between being a hater and a worshiper, is it too much to ask of you stop acting like a twat and start being reasonable?

I don't see why you or anyone cares so much about my opinion. Don't like it, don't read it. The difference is I can express my opinion without judging or insulting others.

You think I'm too extreme? Then ignore my posts. I really don't care.

For being a blind worshiper I was pretty hard on Nintendo for their subpar E3. But I guess that doesn't count. I am a blind worshiper after all. You don't see me gushing over StarFox zero do you? But that's impossible because I worship blindly.

I don't worship gods or video game consoles.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#47 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

What year do they plan on doing this?

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bread_or_Decide

@davillain- said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@inb4uall said:

Then where is Metroid?

To clarify, the reason why everyone is piss-off over the 3DS version is the fact that it's not coming to Wii U. Everyone is trying to justify there Wii U purchase and by right, Nintendo should have been working a Metroid Prime Wii U from the gek-go, if they truly care for there fans and assume they know what they want, why not do both Prime versions? The last Prime we had was Other M, M however I had no problems with that game, I was cool with it since Team Ninja did there best with Other M. That said, this is the reason why everyone lost there shit when Metroid Prime is coming to 3DS and not Wii U. For me, I'm actually happy that a new Metroid is coming to 3DS [but Prime was the last thing on my mind] and this is a day one purchase for me. The more 3DS game, the better but I do understand that the frustration from Wii U owners that they purchase Wii U for nothing.

Personally I'm not a Metroid fan. So the vitriol over the 3DS game goes over my head. If you're a fan of that franchise then I can see why people are upset. Metroid and Zelda just aren't my thing.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@ladyblue said:

OMG, you're back!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@ladyblue said:

OMG, you're back!

I was wondering what happen to ladyblue.