Iwata Had Tumor, Missed E3, Will Be Missing Investor Meet

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

You guys are right, it's in poor taste and I should've known much better. I apologize to Iwata and to those in this thread that I offended. It's just that he's constructed a cult of personality around him, this has been a focused effort over the years, and he's in a real dangerous position career wise. People are sympathetic to illness. It just strikes me as a little too convenient is all. But I'm probably wrong here, he's understandably under immense stress as well.

I guess sometimes my desire for him to step down skews my perspective in a bad way. Again, I apologize, that was uncalled for.

Respect restored.

I'm not an Iwata fanboy by any means. I think there is plenty of room for discussion about his role at Nintendo... just not here man.

And yeah, I think the convenient illness thing is a bit absurd, but rather than dragging this out into what would have been a horrible discussion, you stepped up and apologized.

Good on you man.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:

You guys are right, it's in poor taste and I should've known much better. I apologize to Iwata and to those in this thread that I offended. It's just that he's constructed a cult of personality around him, this has been a focused effort over the years, and he's in a real dangerous position career wise. People are sympathetic to illness. It just strikes me as a little too convenient is all. But I'm probably wrong here, he's understandably under immense stress as well.

I guess sometimes my desire for him to step down skews my perspective in a bad way. Again, I apologize, that was uncalled for.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging you are wrong. All humans at some point will be wrong at some point in their life. Some more than others. It takes strength to admit when you believe you have been in error.

A CEO missing a board meeting is a big deal. I applaud your effort to look at your position with objectivity and reevaluate it. Many people here act callous, and they very may well be. Liking a video game console is not akin to mocking a persons health situation. Iwata has a hard job. Some may not agree with his business decisions; however he is a human being and we are all worse off if he is no longer here.

That goes for everyone. In one point in your life a lesson may have been needed to learn. We are all students. We all have shortcomings, and we all bleed. Life is not fair, and is stacked against us. Stop seeing differences and embrace what is not the same as you. Learn something, you just might.

Mr. Iwata recover swiftly and enjoy what you have.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#53 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

It's okay, man. We all tend to think emotionally sometimes, and like you said, if you do have a personal dislike of at the very least the man's business practices, it's easy to get a colored perspective of any picture.

But good on you for admitting you were wrong, man. Really. That's the reason why you're one of my favorite posters on the board, even when we agree on almost nothing- you might have your opinions, but you are open to others, and you are willing to be convinced, and to admit your own shortcomings.

As for Iwata, I hope he feels better soon. Regardless of what we feel of the man's business acumen (and that is a discussion for another time), he needs to get better soon.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Thanks for all the kind words after that all, I was expecting to get further curb-stomped. Nice to see such maturity on these boards.

@charizard1605: eh, we have to have some common ground somewhere. Hey, I love my Wii U! That works....the decisions behind it though, (grumble grumble.....).

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1070 Posts

It's great that the tumor was caught early. I wish him well.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Hopefully he continues to get better.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

I'm genuinly happy to hear he is getting well. Now, when you're better, kill off the Wii U please and release the long awaited Nintendo Revolution. The ultimate console where you can finally say you're playing with power again.

the revolution uses the wiimote...are you ready for that?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@Gue1 said:

so that's why the scoundrels at 4chan sent him a "get well" card with fan art and shit....

haha thats actually great

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Now I hate to bring this up because I'm not well versed on the politics of this but does Iwata's absence at the investors meeting effect his chances of being reelected or does the entire thing get postponed?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#61  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Thanks for all the kind words after that all, I was expecting to get further curb-stomped. Nice to see such maturity on these boards.

@charizard1605: eh, we have to have some common ground somewhere. Hey, I love my Wii U! That works....the decisions behind it though, (grumble grumble.....).

I guess we fundamentally have a common ground in that we expect more from Nintendo? lol idk. But yes, only Nintendo could have taken a concept as great as the Wii U and made it fail as horribly as they did lol

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

Best of luck to Mr. Iwata and his family. Hopefully they detected it early and he'll be ok. I'm fairly new here and don't post much, but I just lost my father to cancer yesterday, and am completely heartbroken! When a parent dies, there is a void in our lives that can never be filled.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#63 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

I'm genuinly happy to hear he is getting well. Now, when you're better, kill off the Wii U please and release the long awaited Nintendo Revolution. The ultimate console where you can finally say you're playing with power again.

Not the time...

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Not the time...

But you agree that they should go for it eventually? Coz they should.

In a few years, sure.