I've heard the most random opinion ever today

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I've been to computer shop today, and 2 of my acquintances (one of them might be called a friend, I guess) work there as assistants, and we were talking about some stuff, and then out of the blue, my friend's brother said that Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts looks like an Xbox 1 game? Really? Honestly? He was full of self-assuredness, and it sounded like he was presenting his opinion as a fact backing up that he means it on a technical level, with very poor lightning as if it was taken straight from Xbox 1 game. Excuse me, but what he's smoking? I mean, I know that reflections, lightning were not very fancy in there, but I guess they had to sacrifice such effects in order to be able to put really HIGH res textures there, for example to imitate toy blocks well, so realistic lightning and reflections in colourful and imaginary world are not really needed. I mean, even if he's right about the lightning, etc., it looks as if he took one DETAIL or ASPECT from the game and blew it out of the proportion. I didn't want to argue with him. He's known for "being right" before you even start talking.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

I've been to computer shop today, and 2 of my acquintances (one of them might be called a friend, I guess) work there as assistants, and we were talking about some stuff, and then out of the blue, my friend's brother said that Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts looks like an Xbox 1 game? Really? Honestly? He was full of self-assuredness, and it sounded like he was presenting his opinion as a fact backing up that he means it on a technical level, with very poor lightning as if it was taken straight from Xbox 1 game. Excuse me, but what he's smoking? I mean, I know that reflections, lightning were not very fancy in there, but I guess they had to sacrifice such effects in order to be able to put really HIGH res textures there, for example to imitate toy blocks well, so realistic lightning and reflections in colourful and imaginary world are not really needed. I mean, even if he's right about the lightning, etc., it looks as if he took one DETAIL or ASPECT from the game and blew it out of the proportion. I didn't want to argue with him. He's known for "being right" before you even start talking.

Salt_The_Fries

You should invite him to System Wars, he would fit right in ;)

Ensamheten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ensamheten
Member since 2010 • 392 Posts

I think he meant thatthe game looks as boring as the Xbox 1 games were.

gamewhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamewhat
Member since 2007 • 926 Posts

Thats the beauty of opinion. You ever mastered a job and then have a newbie come along and think he knew more than you? It's happened to all of us and thats what your scenario sounds like at best. Just ignore the stupidity and move on. Letting something this little get to you will cause problems that shouldn't even be problems to begin with.

Avatar image for deactivated-59da85d821feb
deactivated-59da85d821feb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-59da85d821feb
Member since 2006 • 2075 Posts
Nuts and Bolts has one of the best artstyles this gen, and is also very technically proficient. It's about on par with the PS3 Ratchet games.
Blade8Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blade8Aus
Member since 2006 • 1819 Posts

Ensamheten

they were boring now? o.O

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
Nuts and Bolts has one of the best artstyles this gen, and is also very technically proficient. It's about on par with the PS3 Ratchet games.comeonthehoops
I disagree. If Ratchet and Clank is Pixar I would say Nuts and Bolts is a Dreamworks production. Still good looking but not necessarily on the same level.
successful19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 successful19
Member since 2009 • 307 Posts

it does looks like a xbox 1 game...

LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts

Did the starting price point have anything to do with the graphics? $40 right? Why? It's a 360 exclusive it should of been $60 automatic.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Nuts and Bolts has one of the best artstyles this gen, and is also very technically proficient. It's about on par with the PS3 Ratchet games.comeonthehoops

I actually own and beat Nuts and Bolts, Ratchet : Tools, and Ratchet : Crack in Time games, and I would agree Nuts has one of the best artstyIes this generation, but I wouldn't say it's on par with the PS3 Ratchet games technically or graphically. Nuts is very, very good though.

I have heard people say that about Nuts and Bolts at local gamestores, unfortunately, Nuts's and Bolts art styIe is squarish and I think to the common gamer, it may not appear as a chosen artstyIe to them, which I find sad. :( I'm just guessing, as I heard that before.

Anyways, I love platformers, looking forward to my Galaxy 2 tomorrow. :P

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#11 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts
Is your friend a regular on System Wars? (I kid, I kid. But it does sound like a story that would fit right in this place :P).
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Banjo looked incredible! All of Rare's 360 games do actually.
pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

sadly instead of making this as an amazing platformer they made it as a boring car creation game

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

That friend of yours must need glasses. N&B looks really nice.

DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#15 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

Rare always does its best to cram the maximum out of each system they produce for. Conker's Bad Fur Day and Perfect Dark on the N64, Star Fox Adventures on the Gamecube, and Conker: Live & Reloaded on the Xbox all were some of the best looking and sounding games for those respective consoles. And I think Nuts & Bolts is no difference. I think that guy was just looking for attention.

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
I think the game looks pretty good graphically. Its also the best platformer the 360 has.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

Ensamheten
I dont think they have come far enough for a statement like this. I think if you just look at pics of B&K it does look dated because there are alot of just the car editor and such. The game does look decent in motion though. I am just saying it is easy to think the game is just meh all together.
ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts

He sounds like a giant douche. Don't let him get to you :)

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
[QUOTE="comeonthehoops"]Nuts and Bolts has one of the best artstyles this gen, and is also very technically proficient. It's about on par with the PS3 Ratchet games.Javy03
I disagree. If Ratchet and Clank is Pixar I would say Nuts and Bolts is a Dreamworks production. Still good looking but not necessarily on the same level.

Good analogy, after playing both (I don't own either though), I have to agree with you.
N00bTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 N00bTuber
Member since 2010 • 264 Posts
I don't get why your shocked, the game looks really outdated imo.