It's official. Natural Selection is the best teambased FPS around.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
Play the game and tell me otherwise.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Prove it.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

its an awsome mod.

arent they making natrual selection 2 also, and releasing it through steam?

NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NobuoMusicMaker

Playing it is your proof 

its an awsome mod.

arent they making natrual selection 2 also, and releasing it through steam?

cobrax75

Yeah NS Source will come.  Still mod made but releasing through steam since it does cost a  bit to make. 

CluexLess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CluexLess
Member since 2004 • 147 Posts

NS is an awesome game. Probably the first succesful game of its type, an FPS with RTS elements in it.

However, in terms of being the best team based, I'd still have to go with BF2. When your playing clan matches over ventrilo, its a phenomenal and intense experience. The skill of every individual team member counts if you truly want to win in such matches and because of this, I find BF2 to be the most team oriented game thus far.

I havent played NS for quite a while, roughly a year, and from what I remember from the days I used to play it, a good player could easily put a dent in the other team. If one side managed to resource up quicker and had a better start than the other, then it was usually GG. BF2 on the other hand, could easily go both ways even if one side started badly.

Ns is a great game though, dont get me wrong, i loved it and it has its own unique charms.

The best FPS/RTS game? most likely, the most tactical? Ahh Not quite.

I've been hearing stuff about NS2 as well, if anyone has info on it, it would be appreciated. 

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
I still like Counter-Strike better. Not sure why, cause the community sucks.
Big_T-Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Big_T-Mac
Member since 2005 • 6973 Posts

bull.

the legend of counterstrike continues to rise as each year passes.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
That is a good mod. I will have to try it out again.
tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts

I have been saying this for the longest time. Info on NS2 http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?s=3650320943385030144&showforum=92

Zero_Fate_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Zero_Fate_
Member since 2003 • 3448 Posts

IMO, Natural Selection requires more teamwork then CS.

tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts

IMO, Natural Selection requires more teamwork then CS.

Zero_Fate_

I cant think of any FPS that requires the team work of NS.

Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts
When people play CSS, they're more preoccupied with nailing a headshot than using teamwork. FACT.
nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
When people play CSS, they're more preoccupied with nailing a headshot than using teamwork. FACT.Redfingers
In my case I'm more pre-occupied with not getting killed in the first few seconds.
Redfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Redfingers
Member since 2005 • 4510 Posts
That's a direct effect of everyone else being preoccupied with nailing a headshot.
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NobuoMusicMaker

NS is an awesome game. Probably the first succesful game of its type, an FPS with RTS elements in it.

However, in terms of being the best team based, I'd still have to go with BF2. When your playing clan matches over ventrilo, its a phenomenal and intense experience. The skill of every individual team member counts if you truly want to win in such matches and because of this, I find BF2 to be the most team oriented game thus far.

I havent played NS for quite a while, roughly a year, and from what I remember from the days I used to play it, a good player could easily put a dent in the other team. If one side managed to resource up quicker and had a better start than the other, then it was usually GG. BF2 on the other hand, could easily go both ways even if one side started badly.

Ns is a great game though, dont get me wrong, i loved it and it has its own unique charms.

The best FPS/RTS game? most likely, the most tactical? Ahh Not quite.

I've been hearing stuff about NS2 as well, if anyone has info on it, it would be appreciated.

CluexLess

Eh nah, BF2 can still be single handed by one sniper or one pilot.  Sure, a bunch of idiots can run around and screw the game for you, but even a good working team getting hampered by one awesome bombing pilot will never get anywhere. 

wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts
Played it. Hated it.
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
Hidden > Natural Selection.
Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mandingo101
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts

the game is ok, i never understood why people like it soo much, i havent played it in a year or so though. do people still play it ? i think enemy territory is pretty good team based game, a game where the team with less people can win regularly if you actually work together. id play NS again but im scared there will be no one on to play with me lol

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="Redfingers"]When people play CSS, they're more preoccupied with nailing a headshot than using teamwork. FACT.nyoroism
In my case I'm more pre-occupied with not getting killed in the first few seconds.

That's a direct effect of everyone else being preoccupied with nailing a headshot.Redfingers

That is correct, that's actually why I'm somewhat looking forward to Team Fortress 2, it seems like a game where a solid team could rip apart a group of people all competing over who is going to be in first place.

I played a game of Halo CE today where I ran into that exact problem - Team Slayer, 4v4, the fourth player on the opposing team was spending so much time trying to have "most kills" that he completely ignored his death counts. I've seen games where the "kill leader" has four more deaths than kills *shakes head*.

In any case, Natural Selection does face the problem that is you're not working with good teamwork from the get-go, there's no way to recover... at least, against good opponents.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
I love NS and I used to play it quite a bit. Loved turning into the big old rhino thingy (don't remember the name). But for hybrids I prefer Savage and Renegade personally.
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NobuoMusicMaker

[QUOTE="nyoroism"][QUOTE="Redfingers"]When people play CSS, they're more preoccupied with nailing a headshot than using teamwork. FACT.subrosian

That's a direct effect of everyone else being preoccupied with nailing a headshot.Redfingers

That is correct, that's actually why I'm somewhat looking forward to Team Fortress 2, it seems like a game where a solid team could rip apart a group of people all competing over who is going to be in first place.

I played a game of Halo CE today where I ran into that exact problem - Team Slayer, 4v4, the fourth player on the opposing team was spending so much time trying to have "most kills" that he completely ignored his death counts. I've seen games where the "kill leader" has four more deaths than kills *shakes head*.

In any case, Natural Selection does face the problem that is you're not working with good teamwork from the get-go, there's no way to recover... at least, against good opponents.

Uh good players win is sortof the point. 

GreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GreenMan
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

NS is great but I feel it requires too much teamwork to ever be as successful as simpler games like counter-strike. Playing marine without a decent commander is as fun as eating broken glass, and quite often games are lost within the first 2 minutes, and the rest of the match is spent being owned.

The matches are very fun sometimes when the teams are even and the fight swings back and forth, it's just a shame that games like that seem to be getting rarer on public servers.

NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NobuoMusicMaker

NS is great but I feel it requires too much teamwork to ever be as successful as simpler games like counter-strike. Playing marine without a decent commander is as fun as eating broken glass, and quite often games are lost within the first 2 minutes, and the rest of the match is spent being owned.

The matches are very fun sometimes when the teams are even and the fight swings back and forth, it's just a shame that games like that seem to be getting rarer on public servers.

GreenMan

That's why it's the best teambased game.  Not any other kind of game. 

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Well, it is the best teambased shooter ( from non-tactical shooters). Not only that. It's just great FPS all around.

Definitly in my top3 favorite non-tactical FPSes(alongside first tribes and AvP2). And Natural Selection 2 will rock. No other upcoming MP shooter excites me so much. I mean sure..QuakeWars, UT3, Left4Dead, TF2, Frontlines... all look like fun and they will be fun, but I would take NS2 over all of them combined.

That's why I love Valve...Steam and Source allowed mod teams to go commercial. Red Orchestra(altough UE2.5) and Ship rocked like hell. And upcoming Alien Swarm, They Hunger and NS2 look like winners too.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

CS is better, the player numbers and server numbers prove it.

Do you know what the word 'Official' actually means?

Do you know what an opinion is?

Do you know why its incorrect to put forward an opinion as a fact?