Isn't the Wii U every nintendo system every made?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

With a lot of backwards compatabaltiy the wii u is pretty much ever nintando system ever made. How can microsoft and sony compete with all of nintendos systems at once times?

#2 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6795 posts) -

No. It has no Gamecube support and doesn't play handheld titles.

#3 Edited by freedomfreak (38639 posts) -

I don't think that's entirely accurate.

Pretty funny though.

#4 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

I don't think that's entirely accurate.

Pretty funny though.

I can play nes games, SNES games, gamecube games, n64 games, wii games, pretty sure its a fakt.

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (38639 posts) -

I can play nes games, SNES games, gamecube games, n64 games, wii games, pretty sure its a fakt.

Oh, virtual console stuff. Yeah, fo'shizzle.

Can't play Gamecube games though.

#6 Edited by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

@hoodedjustice3 said:

I can play nes games, SNES games, gamecube games, n64 games, wii games, pretty sure its a fakt.

Oh, virtual console stuff. Yeah, fo'shizzle.

Can't play Gamecube games though.

I waz earliar what are you talkin bout

#7 Edited by freedomfreak (38639 posts) -

I waz earliar what are you talkin bout

I have no idea what you're trying to say, hoodedjusticetrois.

#8 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6795 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@hoodedjustice3 said:

I can play nes games, SNES games, gamecube games, n64 games, wii games, pretty sure its a fakt.

Oh, virtual console stuff. Yeah, fo'shizzle.

Can't play Gamecube games though.

I waz earliar what are you talkin bout

Did you duct tape a Wii to your Wii U or something?

#9 Edited by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

@hoodedjustice3 said:

I waz earliar what are you talkin bout

I have no idea what you're trying to say, hoodedjusticetrois.

im sayin dat you can put gamecbue games in their and it runs it

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (38639 posts) -

im sayin dat you can put gamecbue games in their and it runs it

Oh, that's what you were saying. Weird how I didn't get that from your previous response.

Seriously though, I'm pretty darn tootin' sure you can't.

#11 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

@hoodedjustice3 said:

im sayin dat you can put gamecbue games in their and it runs it

Oh, that's what you were saying. Weird how I didn't get that from your previous response.

Seriously though, I'm pretty darn tootin' sure you can't.

how else was plyaing smash melee ons it

#12 Posted by freedomfreak (38639 posts) -

how else was plyaing smash melee ons it

Nintendo magic?

You can't though. You can on the Wii. Not the WiiU.

#13 Edited by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

@hoodedjustice3 said:

how else was plyaing smash melee ons it

Nintendo magic?

You can't though. You can on the Wii. Not the WiiU.

even if four some reasin you couldnt it still every nintando systam but one , how come you can compete?

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (38639 posts) -

even if four some reasin you couldnt it still every nintando systam but one , how come you can compete?

By not putting out a console that confuses every single human being on this planet?

Seems the X1 and PS4 are gonna do just fine against the WiiU. As in, they'll trample the little machine.

#15 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

@hoodedjustice3 said:

even if four some reasin you couldnt it still every nintando systam but one , how come you can compete?

By not putting out a console that confuses every single human being on this planet?

Seems the X1 and PS4 are gonna do just fine against the WiiU. As in, they'll trample the little machine.

It's only the beginnang

#16 Posted by freedomfreak (38639 posts) -
#17 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -
#18 Edited by freedomfreak (38639 posts) -
#19 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11467 posts) -

Yet it can't even run Wind Waker better than the Gamecube.

#20 Posted by Link3301 (1680 posts) -
#21 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11467 posts) -

@Link3301 said:

@PhazonBlazer: Actually it can.

I've been playing it, and every time it gets to a boss fight the framerate goes to shit.

#22 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

Yet it can't even run Wind Waker better than the Gamecube.

dont troll

#23 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11467 posts) -
#24 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

Predicting right now, 150 million wii U's this gen.

#26 Edited by MonsieurX (29148 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I don't think that's entirely accurate.

Pretty funny though.

I can play nes games, SNES games, gamecube games, n64 games, wii games, pretty sure its a fakt.

Can't play gamecube games.

And there's barely any games available currently on the e-shop for nes\snes\N64

#27 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

@glez13 said:

Wait. Isn't the PC every Nintendo system every made?

that's why it's duing so good

#28 Posted by MonsieurX (29148 posts) -

@glez13 said:

Wait. Isn't the PC every Nintendo system every made?

that's why it's duing so good

Terrible troll.

Start a new account already

#29 Edited by KBFloYd (12872 posts) -

@glez13 said:

Wait. Isn't the PC every Nintendo system every made?

/thread

#30 Edited by lamprey263 (22616 posts) -

I'd love it if it came with GameCube BC, but unfortunately it doesn't have it. It'd be really nice if it came with Wii VC ports of GC games though, it'd be nice to have access to the GameCube library.

#31 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4362 posts) -

@hoodedjustice3 said:

im sayin dat you can put gamecbue games in their and it runs it

Oh, that's what you were saying. Weird how I didn't get that from your previous response.

Seriously though, I'm pretty darn tootin' sure you can't.

Always been curious can the Wii U actually play gamecube games in wii mode but it's missing the Gamecube ports like newer model wii's, so you can't? or is something else stopping Gamecube hardware emulation?

#32 Edited by OmitName (717 posts) -

.

#33 Posted by TrappedInABox91 (483 posts) -

Nintendo has a long, long history...But that doesn't mean EVERYTHING or ANYTHING for that matter.

SW love to vote Ninty to be hanged till death, but never happened yet lol Let me know Nintendo is actaully being flushed down the toilet fanboys, so I can be at the REAL funeral. (Again)

#34 Posted by freedomfreak (38639 posts) -

Always been curious can the Wii U actually play gamecube games in wii mode but it's missing the Gamecube ports like newer model wii's, so you can't? or is something else stopping Gamecube hardware emulation?

Yeah, it's probably not supported because of the emulation chip inside. Not to mention you don't have Gamecube controller ports.

#35 Posted by freedomfreak (38639 posts) -

Yet it can't even run Wind Waker better than the Gamecube.

Funny because true. Framerate dips pretty hard when facing a boss or messing around with bombs.

#36 Edited by MirkoS77 (6974 posts) -

How can MS and Sony compete? Easy: because it's Nintendo.

Nintendo's simply too stupid, stubborn, or incompetent to utilize and put their full back catalog on the VC. If I could get all my favorite games from all their past systems on the VC and have what would essentially be an "every gen" Nintendo box, including the ability to play NES, N64, and SNES games on my 3DS and Nintendo implemented a proper account system, I would be waiting outside GameStop tomorrow morning for them to open to buy a Wii U. I'd buy the system and all their old games over again, even at Nintendo's ridiculous prices (some at least). Hell, I'd buy a U even if It didn't have any Wii U games out, simply for their past games.

I've TONS of cash I'd throw Nintendo's way in a heartbeat if they cared to remove their head out of their ass and did some fucking work for a change and weren't so clueless. But apparently they don't seem to care much so I'll spend my money elsewhere. Well, at least they're unique from the other two and do their own thing.

Why the hell do they even bother making their systems backwards-compatible?

#37 Edited by brentendo3 (153 posts) -
#38 Posted by hoodedjustice3 (253 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

How can MS and Sony compete? Easy: because it's Nintendo.

Nintendo's simply too stupid, stubborn, or incompetent to utilize and put their full back catalog on the VC. If I could get all my favorite games from all their past systems on the VC and have what would essentially be an "every gen" Nintendo box, including the ability to play NES, N64, and SNES games on my 3DS and Nintendo implemented a proper account system, I would be waiting outside GameStop tomorrow morning for them to open to buy a Wii U. I'd buy the system and all their old games over again, even at Nintendo's ridiculous prices (some at least). Hell, I'd buy a U even if It didn't have any Wii U games out, simply for their past games.

I've TONS of cash I'd throw Nintendo's way in a heartbeat if they cared to remove their head out of their ass and did some fucking work for a change and weren't so clueless. But apparently they don't seem to care much so I'll spend my money elsewhere. Well, at least they're unique from the other two and do their own thing.

Why the hell do they even bother making their systems backwards-compatible?

How come why they gat smokid last gen?

#39 Posted by MonsieurX (29148 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

How can MS and Sony compete? Easy: because it's Nintendo.

Nintendo's simply too stupid, stubborn, or incompetent to utilize and put their full back catalog on the VC. If I could get all my favorite games from all their past systems on the VC and have what would essentially be an "every gen" Nintendo box, including the ability to play NES, N64, and SNES games on my 3DS and Nintendo implemented a proper account system, I would be waiting outside GameStop tomorrow morning for them to open to buy a Wii U. I'd buy the system and all their old games over again, even at Nintendo's ridiculous prices (some at least). Hell, I'd buy a U even if It didn't have any Wii U games out, simply for their past games.

I've TONS of cash I'd throw Nintendo's way in a heartbeat if they cared to remove their head out of their ass and did some fucking work for a change and weren't so clueless. But apparently they don't seem to care much so I'll spend my money elsewhere. Well, at least they're unique from the other two and do their own thing.

Why the hell do they even bother making their systems backwards-compatible?

How come why they gat smokid last gen?

How come you can't type properly?

#40 Posted by charizard1605 (55285 posts) -

Can I play all of the NES, SNES< N64, or Gamecube libraries on it? No I cannot, heck I cannot play any Gamecube game at all.

Can I play Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, or Nintendo 3DS games on it?

No I cannot. Your hypothesis is false.