Is X-Flop 720p the Worst console ever made?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by DarthaPerkinjan (861 posts) 10 months, 26 days ago

Poll: Is X-Flop 720p the Worst console ever made? (58 votes)

Yes 64%
Not the worst but one of the worst 36%

What a joke this thing is

When we bought the PS3 for 599 US dollars we were getting cutting edge bluray tech, a MASSIVE 60GB HDD, and Kutaragi's brain child, the CELL.

Meanwhile Microsoft is asking 499 US dollars for...a console that needs AA batteries? What is this, 1998?

It cant even display games in a resolution higher then last gen. Only one PS4 game is under 1080p. Theres maybe a dozen 720p games on X Boner-Flop 720p.

Is this the worst system ever made? Expensive for no reason (no cell or bluray) , and the stupid kinect camera drains 10% of the GPU's power, and the thing was already underpowered!

Now huge numbers of X Boners 720p cosoles are DOA with bad disc drives! The disc drive Microsoft included was so bad they turned down its spin speed so it doesnt fail after 1 day, and thats why the install times are laughably bad!!!

#1 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

#3 Edited by DarthaPerkinjan (861 posts) -

I wish Nintendo had Microsoft's money, imagine the Marios and consoles they could make with it.

Microsoft never cared about gaming, it was all about TV from the very beginning for them. Gaming was just a way for them to get into the living room so they can take over the TV.

#4 Edited by OhSnapitz (18312 posts) -

At least the controller charge lasts more than 2 hrs..

#5 Posted by kuu2 (7130 posts) -

Sony Fan showing their lack of gaming history.

Here is a list of some the worst gaming consoles ever made.

Atari Jaguar (AVP was one of the best games ever though)

Nintendo Virtual Boy

Electronic Arts 3DO

Philips CDI

Sega 32x (More of a peripheral)

The One is going to be one of the most enjoyable gaming and entertainment experiences ever.

Sony Fan the clowns of SW.

#6 Posted by DarthaPerkinjan (861 posts) -

Sadly, I think there is enough Halo and Gears and COD fanboys to keep this hunk of lard afloat, while Nintendo, who truly innovates, is struggling. Microsoft is such a pestilence of the gaming industry.

#7 Posted by Heil68 (43997 posts) -

Naw, it's just not as good as PS4 as confirmed by GS.

#8 Posted by adders99 (2605 posts) -

I like my Xbox one :)

#9 Posted by Bruin1986 (1274 posts) -

I love how you use "teh Cell" as a justification for spending $600 (close to $700 in 2013 adjusted for inflation) on the PS3 when it turned out to be possibly the worst design decision Sony has ever made.

It was so difficult to code for that Sony based their E3 2013 presentation around "we didn't make the same mistake again with PS4, we promise."

It's like if MS launched a $1000 xbox 360 because it was gold-plated and then rationalizing the huge price with, "it's shiny!!"

#10 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

No its the best, but your jealousy is see thru.

#11 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@adders99 said:

I like my Xbox one :)

I love mine, so much fun and function. PS4 has no games and it doesn't even have youtube or HBO Go, LOL.

#12 Posted by anybodykilla15 (114 posts) -

@kingoflife9:

at least when sony gets those apps they wont be behind a paywall.........BURN

as it stands, the xbox one is just a glorified blu ray player,

nobody is going to pay 60 a year to shout at a tv and wave their arms around......

people are already selling them because they have been duped bro

#13 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@kingoflife9:

at least when sony gets those apps they wont be behind a paywall.........BURN

as it stands, the xbox one is just a glorified blu ray player,

nobody is going to pay 60 a year to shout at a tv and wave their arms around......

people are already selling them because they have been duped bro

People are selling the ps4 because they realize its a ps3 with less games. Xbox is better. bro.

#14 Posted by anybodykilla15 (114 posts) -
#15 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4231 posts) -

I wish Nintendo had Microsoft's money, imagine the Marios and consoles they could make with it.

Microsoft never cared about gaming, it was all about TV from the very beginning for them. Gaming was just a way for them to get into the living room so they can take over the TV.

You know Nintendo make more profit than anyone else? Oh and ironically it was Sony that ran them into the ground. Thank You Sony, pedal to the metal and all that. Sony are the reason Nintendo went casual. Sonys a cancer, Nintendo used to be awesome.

#16 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

Agree, only a lemming would say otherwise

#17 Posted by RedentSC (628 posts) -

Apart from you don't charge it, you go out and buy new batteries every 3 hours... awesome buddy... awesome

#18 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -

No... it's not even the worst of it's gen. It's just taken over the PS3 role of last gen: too expensive, mostly meh exclusives, inferior multiplats, and a media focus that hurts it's gaming function. It could improve like the PS3 did.

#19 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4231 posts) -

No... it's not even the worst of it's gen. It's just taken over the PS3 role of last gen: too expensive, mostly meh exclusives, inferior multiplats, and a media focus that hurts it's gaming function. It could improve like the PS3 did.

How does the media focus hurt the gaming function?

#20 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -

@locopatho said:

On PS3: Blu Ray was great for movies but meant slow loading times, mandatory installs, and poor open world games.

On Xbox 1: The power spent on Kinect, switching apps, snapping in TV, etc, means less power for games, meaning inferior multiplats and low res games.

#21 Edited by Suppaman100 (3861 posts) -

#22 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (770 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Sony Fan showing their lack of gaming history.

Here is a list of some the worst gaming consoles ever made.

Atari Jaguar (AVP was one of the best games ever though)

Nintendo Virtual Boy

Electronic Arts 3DO

Philips CDI

Sega 32x (More of a peripheral)

The One is going to be one of the most enjoyable gaming and entertainment experiences ever.

Sony Fan the clowns of SW.

came here to say this, like it or not.. the XB1 already ranks as one of the best console launches of all time, ahead of all these failures.

#23 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4231 posts) -
@locopatho said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@locopatho said:

On PS3: Blu Ray was great for movies but meant slow loading times, mandatory installs, and poor open world games.

On Xbox 1: The power spent on Kinect, switching apps, snapping in TV, etc, means less power for games, meaning inferior multiplats and low res games.

MS will slim the software and make it more efficient on resources in time and the low res is more about the bad graphics drivers and unfinished ESRam tools I hear.

#24 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@locopatho said:

MS will slim the software and make it more efficient on resources in time and the low res is more about the bad graphics drivers and unfinished ESRam tools I hear.

"Just wait"? I'll believe it when I see it. RIght now, in the games that are out, being played by gamers, the multiplats have suffered. This is fact...

#25 Posted by RoslindaleOne (7566 posts) -

I can't stop playing it. It's an amazing console.

#26 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150722 posts) -

Not the worst....far from the best.

#27 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3544 posts) -

Not the worst and i'm a cow... it ain't the best but seriosuly we forget stuff like VirtualBoy, Jaguar 64, Dreamcast. XB1 has a lot to prove but not the worst

#28 Edited by Zelda187 (758 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

I never understood this argument.

If the battery gets low on my PS4 or PS3 controller, all I have to do is just plug the USB cable into the top of it.

Not run out and fetch a batch of AA batteries.

#29 Posted by RossRichard (2350 posts) -

Play the Virtual Boy, Atari Jaguar and Phillips CDi. You will WISH for an XBox One.

#30 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4231 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@locopatho said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@locopatho said:

"Just wait"? I'll believe it when I see it. RIght now, in the games that are out, being played by gamers, the multiplats have suffered. This is fact...

What I said is just as much of a fact. There is a lot on the software side of the Xbox One that is unfinished. It's more complex than the PS4, the ESRAM isn't automatic, it requires programing, and if the tools are unfinished,than that's a problem. If the graphics drivers a bad that's a problem. Xbox Live isn't even fully up and running yet.

I'm not saying just wait, because i've known about this for a while. MSs priority was to get the hardware out first. Now they're going to focus on software, which is their forte. It's not "just wait" with MS, it's about when, they probably have a roadmap. And you can trust MS to actually get that done, because when it comes to software they aren't historically incompetent like Sony are (referring to Sony software in general and PS updates).

#32 Posted by MonsieurX (30017 posts) -

Yes/ most useless console ever. Xbox brand can F**k off. ruining PC gaming since 2001.

show how microsoft are Evil and greedy company.

Holy crap.

A company that wants money,how surprising?

#33 Posted by TheEroica (13415 posts) -

Great thread TC... I give you an F for effort. Keep it up.

#34 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

I hear that Kinect has a camera built in that sprays AIDS all over the room. Fuck you, MS. Thanks for giving everyone AIDS all the time. (smh)

I wish you and the OP's parents had the money to fix this problem before it became a reality.

#35 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25649 posts) -

no

#36 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Mattrick isn't even at Microsoft anymore. As often as you are in here instead of playing games you should know this.

#37 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23615 posts) -

derp.

#38 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3542 posts) -

Looks to be on par with the PS4.

#39 Posted by clone01 (24655 posts) -

I hear that Kinect has a camera built in that sprays AIDS all over the room. Fuck you, MS. Thanks for giving everyone AIDS all the time. (smh)

That's what I heard, too. I also heard that Don Mattrick, before his departure, sacrificed a basket full of kittens before E3.

#40 Edited by Shewgenja (8794 posts) -

It's a toss-up between XBone and the Jaguar.

#41 Posted by PS360Wii4eva (297 posts) -

@DarthaPerkinjan:

They should've made a TV line and stay the F out the games industry

#42 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@locopatho said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@locopatho said:

What I said is just as much of a fact. There is a lot on the software side of the Xbox One that is unfinished. It's more complex than the PS4, the ESRAM isn't automatic, it requires programing, and if the tools are unfinished,than that's a problem. If the graphics drivers a bad that's a problem. Xbox Live isn't even fully up and running yet.

I'm not saying just wait, because i've known about this for a while. MSs priority was to get the hardware out first. Now they're going to focus on software, which is their forte. It's not "just wait" with MS, it's about when, they probably have a roadmap. And you can trust MS to actually get that done, because when it comes to software they aren't historically incompetent like Sony are (referring to Sony software in general and PS updates).

No, you stuff is theory. It may get better, it may not.

"You've known", lol, do you think that matters to me what you "know" or think you do? You are saying "just wait" for the games to get better, right now in the games that exist they are inferior. I believe in end results, not hype and marketing and theories and christ knows what else.

#43 Posted by heretrix (37349 posts) -

Defacing the awesomeness of Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon is fucking lame.

#44 Posted by heretrix (37349 posts) -

It's a toss-up between XBone and the Jaguar.

Yes, because apparently the Virtual Boy, Atari 5200, the 32X, The Apple Pippin and the Phillips CDi never existed .

#45 Posted by Link3301 (1690 posts) -

Welcome to the world of video games, where there were surprisingly Nintendo Consoles before the Wii and FPS's before Halo and CoD!!!!!!!

#46 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4231 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@locopatho said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@locopatho said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@locopatho said:

No, you stuff is theory. It may get better, it may not.

"You've known", lol, do you think that matters to me what you "know" or think you do? You are saying "just wait" for the games to get better, right now in the games that exist they are inferior. I believe in end results, not hype and marketing and theories and christ knows what else.

It's not a theory that they're going to improve tools and driver software is it. The only part that's theory is that they'll significantly improve the operating system. Last gen both consoles took a long time to do that.

Are you really going to stand by what you see at launch as a fact right now, especially in multiplats.

Here's another cold hard fact. In multiplat videos between PS4, X1 and the last gen consoles, at best the new generation consoles had marginally better detail. It was bloody depressing.

So if we're really using launch games as fact about the potential of the new consoles, then the fact is, that they're are only slightly more powerful than last gen. In which case resolution is the least of their problems and it makes the PS4 at a disadvantage, because apart from graphics it hasn't got a lot else going for it.

#48 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

I don't know. The XflopLastPlaceLOLNoGames360 was pretty bad with its 85% failure rate but the xbone720 could come close to those numbers too. I will say both are equally bad since both are filled with xboners who are not even gamers to begin with.

#49 Posted by locopatho (20238 posts) -

Are you really going to stand by what you see at launch as a fact right now, especially in multiplats.

Here's another cold hard fact. In multiplat videos between PS4, X1 and the last gen consoles, at best the new generation consoles had marginally better details. It was bloody depressing.

So if we're really using launch games as fact about the potential of the new consoles, then the fact is, that they're are only slightly more powerful than last gen. In which case PS4s at a disadvantage, because apart from graphics it hasn't got a lot else going for it.

Of course they'll improve the OS and such. Will that improve multiplat performance? The fuck should I know? Won't PS4 be improving as well? Sorry guy, this sounds too much like that "HIDDEN POWAH!" shit cows were peddling last gen about PS3.

I'm going to stand by the only evidence we have, which is current released games.

Agreed, there is no great leap yet.

PS4 is better in literally every single (gaming related way). There is no advantage the Xbox One has unless you like Kinect. And lol at that.

#50 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@Zelda187 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

I never understood this argument.

If the battery gets low on my PS4 or PS3 controller, all I have to do is just plug the USB cable into the top of it.

Not run out and fetch a batch of AA batteries.

The year is 2013... not 2003. I have a choice of having a rechargeable battery stand with two pairs next to where I sit and game that take 5 seconds to switch or get up off the couch and stand closer to my t.v to recharge my DS controller while playing a game... hmm I'll take the battery option.