Is Wii U holding better than ever?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

200$ 32gb deluxe from Nintendo directly,do it.

um, link? they are all $300

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

It really is a nice little console. It would be nice if it were a little more powerful, but it is by far the best next-gen console at this point in time. Nintendo really makes every effort to double down on what makes console gaming great with it.

Exclusive wise , yes ... but you forget a vital thing... Its the best only IF someone is into Nintendo franchises like mario / mario kart and smash for now. If not , Wii U is a letdown considering it missing major multis which in the end of the day every single gamer ( or vastly majority ) will end up "wasting" way more hours on multis than system exclusives.

Wii U getting a momentum and why not , we dont want them to go away. But to go that far and say the best next-ge console at this point while missing major "next-gen" multis... Only Nintendo fans can say that.

The vast majority of those multis have not been released at this time. When they actually get released, the Wii U might not be best anymore.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I'm glad MS is in last place.

This shows them that they need more games to get people interested in their system and that buying 'timed exclusive DLCs' just isn't enough.

I would love to actually have a reason to buy a Xbone, but yeah, they are relying far too much on third party to sell the system. It is kind of confusing because they have alot of IP that they could use. Rare has a ton of IP they brought with them, it is not like the games have to be made by Rare.

Now is a great time to get a WiiU. MK8 is a fantastic game, no doubt about it. My daughter and I are playing the heck out of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#54 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@MonsieurX said:

200$ 32gb deluxe from Nintendo directly,do it.

um, link? they are all $300

Here.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46275 Posts

@crashnburn281 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

This shows them that they need more games to get people interested in their system and that buying 'timed exclusive DLCs' just isn't enough.

I would love to actually have a reason to buy a Xbone, but yeah, they are relying far too much on third party to sell the system. It is kind of confusing because they have alot of IP that they could use. Rare has a ton of IP they brought with them, it is not like the games have to be made by Rare.

Now is a great time to get a WiiU. MK8 is a fantastic game, no doubt about it. My daughter and I are playing the heck out of it.

Nice to hear :)

Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun in MK8 with friends and family too.

During 360s lifetime MS stopped relying on exclusives to sell the console, and it worked for them. But now they have a new console they need to sell to the public, and they have a serious lack of exclusives.

Indeed, MS has a lot of IP. But who is going to work on that IP for them ? MS closed down (Ensemble) and let go (Bizarre) of a lot of studios. And then there are studios like Rare where all the talent left because MS had nothing for them but to work on Avatars and Kinect games.

IP like Age of Empires or Banjo Kazooie are very well known among gamers. But MS does nothing with these franchises.

They think that more Halo/forza/gears and timed exclusive DLC is going to put them ahead in the console race ? They need to rethink things.

But I have faith that Phil Spencer can at least turn it around somewhat

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@crashnburn281 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Nice to hear :)

Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun in MK8 with friends and family too.

During 360s lifetime MS stopped relying on exclusives to sell the console, and it worked for them. But now they have a new console they need to sell to the public, and they have a serious lack of exclusives.

Indeed, MS has a lot of IP. But who is going to work on that IP for them ? MS closed down (Ensemble) and let go (Bizarre) of a lot of studios. And then there are studios like Rare where all the talent left because MS had nothing for them but to work on Avatars and Kinect games.

IP like Age of Empires or Banjo Kazooie are very well known among gamers. But MS does nothing with these franchises.

They think that more Halo/forza/gears and timed exclusive DLC is going to put them ahead in the console race ? They need to rethink things.

But I have faith that Phil Spencer can at least turn it around somewhat

MS didn't let Bizarre go. They wanted to go themselves - went to Activision and were gone for good.

I think that beginning from Killer Instinct and now with Phantom Dust, Microsoft showed that it really cares about the old IPs it (or its studios) has got. And we'll see more of such things in the future.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46275 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

MS didn't let Bizarre go. They wanted to go themselves - went to Activision and were gone for good.

I think that beginning from Killer Instinct and now with Phantom Dust, Microsoft showed that it really cares about the old IPs it (or its studios) has got. And we'll see more of such things in the future.

Bizarre is just an example. Bungie is another.

I don't know if these studios went by themselves or not. All that matters to me is that MS had them, and now they don't anymore. It all adds up you know, counting all the studios that left/were let go, were closed down or lost their talent...

If it was just Bizarre it wouldn't really matter. But it's one of many.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: Shhh, fanboys are afraid of the truth. Apparently there are thousands of multiplats that vastly outweigh the considerably large amount of games the Wii U has right now. Lmao

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Shhh, fanboys are afraid of the truth. Apparently there are thousands of multiplats that vastly outweigh the considerably large amount of games the Wii U has right now. Lmao

You want to talk "truth"? Then stop with the bullshit hyperbole. It's not "thousands" but it's not "none" either, is it?

What exactly was the WiiU getting in the past 3 months while PS4 was getting AA (Great) multiplats like Watchdogs, Final Fantasy XV, Trials Fusion, Wolfenstein New Order, MLB14, and a couple others? Just Mario Kart.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

What is holding me back...

1. Shit online service.

2. Old outdated tech.

3. Tablet controller that is expensive to replace.

4. Shit storage.

5. Shit game selection.

6. Shit third party support.

7. No time another console other than the PS4 when I get it.

8. Price.

So basically you being a douchy troll is holding you back. Got it!

Dat failed logic of your...so entertaining.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@farrell2k said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

1. Shit online service.

2. Old outdated tech.

4. Shit storage.

5. Shit game selection.

8. Price.

Now we should tell him that the Wii U supports external HDDs? Have the most high scoring exclusives, that the PS4 and X1 both are cheap ass outdated tech themselves? He has a point on the 3rd party, but with the online? get a PC all consoles are pure shit in online, learn to live with it.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 AmazonTreeBoa

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@farrell2k said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

1. Shit online service.

2. Old outdated tech.

4. Shit storage.

5. Shit game selection.

8. Price.

Now we should tell him that the Wii U supports external HDDs? Have the most high scoring exclusives, that the PS4 and X1 both are cheap ass outdated tech themselves? He has a point on the 3rd party, but with the online? get a PC all consoles are pure shit in online, learn to live with it.

External HDD is a crap way to me. I prefer internal. Ps4 and X1 are completely irrelevant to what I said, so why do you feel the need to mention them (my guess is your fanboy is showing)? I couldn't care less about a games score. If I have no interest, I have no interest. The way you worded your third party comment leaves me wondering if you are talking to me or farrell. As for PC...I am a PC gamer. I do have a PS3 in my house, but that is my kids. I do play it, but I probably wouldn't buy consoles at all if not for my kids.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@locopatho said:

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

Shhh, fanboys are afraid of the truth. Apparently there are thousands of multiplats that vastly outweigh the considerably large amount of games the Wii U has right now. Lmao

You want to talk "truth"? Then stop with the bullshit hyperbole. It's not "thousands" but it's not "none" either, is it?

What exactly was the WiiU getting in the past 3 months while PS4 was getting AA (Great) multiplats like Watchdogs, Final Fantasy XV, Trials Fusion, Wolfenstein New Order, MLB14, and a couple others? Just Mario Kart.

Child of Light, too. Plus Shovel Knight comes out tomorrow, and Scram Kitty is great if you like difficult games.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

And Mario Kart 8 might end up the only Nintendo game I never get for the system.

I completely love the Wii U though it's already spawned two of the best games I've ever played in my entire life with Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze being the best platformer I've ever experienced and Pikmin 3 being the best installment of my all time favourite franchise.

Why aren't you getting MK8?

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#66  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@trugs26 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

And Mario Kart 8 might end up the only Nintendo game I never get for the system.

I completely love the Wii U though it's already spawned two of the best games I've ever played in my entire life with Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze being the best platformer I've ever experienced and Pikmin 3 being the best installment of my all time favourite franchise.

It's one of my least favourite Nintendo franchises at this point. Player input is the most important thing in a video game to me and the items in those games make my efforts feel futile. I'm at the mercy of the game.

I used to get every Mario kart, but the 3DS one did nothing for me with its lackluster track design, coins, and gliding. The new aspects detracted from my enjoyment and the items robbed me of my efforts too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

people are nuts. Go buy a wiiu. The games are great. I like how people bash nintendo but then sit on systems with no games because the specs are higher.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

@trugs26 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

It's one of my least favourite Nintendo franchises at this point. Player input is the most important thing in a video game to me and the items in those games make my efforts feel futile. I'm at the mercy of the game.

I used to get every Mario kart, but the 3DS one did nothing for me with its lackluster track design, coins, and gliding. The new aspects detracted from my enjoyment and the items robbed me of my efforts too much.

Fair enough. You should get into time trials, which is all about your input and skill. There are a few advanced techniques in MK7 to get your top speed. As for track design, MK7 has the dullest in the series, where as MK8 has the best in any MK game. Still working on advanced techniques in the game though.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Wooot what did i miss, WiiU got a killer app !!? oh it is just Mario kart... meh *going back playing Ps4*

Have fun with Jazzfunk LOL

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa

@farrell2k said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@farrell2k said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

1. Shit online service.

2. Old outdated tech.

4. Shit storage.

5. Shit game selection.

8. Price.

Got it. You're a douchy troll.

Really, that's the best you can do? So sad. You sound like a broken record. Get some new material.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@trugs26 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

@trugs26 said:

@Pikminmaniac said:

Fair enough. You should get into time trials, which is all about your input and skill. There are a few advanced techniques in MK7 to get your top speed. As for track design, MK7 has the dullest in the series, where as MK8 has the best in any MK game. Still working on advanced techniques in the game though.

Yeah I was always more into the time trials. I put a lot of time into the DS game. That went out the window in MK7 because of the track design, coins, and gliding mechanics.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

can't be holding better than ever when it never learned to held even for a month.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

There's no evidence for this, so it's wishful thinking.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: The best next gen console? Lmao really? It's maybe the best secondary console but it's not even a valid choice for a main system. I enjoy my Wii U but only because of Nintendo's exclusives. As a primary console it ranks dead last.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@AM-Gamer said:

@PurpleMan5000: The best next gen console? Lmao really? It's maybe the best secondary console but it's not even a valid choice for a main system. I enjoy my Wii U but only because of Nintendo's exclusives. As a primary console it ranks dead last.

The Wii U has more quality games to play right now than either the Xbone or PS4. If your comment is based upon what you project the future to hold, then I would tend to agree with you, but as of today, the Wii U is absolutely the best of the next gen consoles.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: It had a year head start, by early next year that will change drastically. The list of 3rd party games not coming to the Wii U is staggering. Batman: AK, Witcher 3, Lords of the Fallen, AC Unity, MK X. That just names a few. Not to mention multiplatform titles that still look like PS3/360 games. I think the Wii U is easily the best secondary platform as it will have lots of exclusives you won't see anywhere else. But it's 3rd party support is to lacking to be considered the best next gen console.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PurpleMan5000

@AM-Gamer said:

@PurpleMan5000: It had a year head start, by early next year that will change drastically. The list of 3rd party games not coming to the Wii U is staggering. Batman: AK, Witcher 3, Lords of the Fallen, AC Unity, MK X. That just names a few. Not to mention multiplatform titles that still look like PS3/360 games. I think the Wii U is easily the best secondary platform as it will have lots of exclusives you won't see anywhere else. But it's 3rd party support is to lacking to be considered the best next gen console.

I would take the Wii U library as of 6/25/13 over the current PS4/Xbone libraries, too, so the year head start is irrelevant. I do agree that it is going to miss basically all multiplats moving forward and will probably lose its advantage by holiday 2015.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

It's a worth a damn if you're like for a side bitch to your primary system (PC, one of the other 2 consoles), but it's got one too many droughts between worth while games.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#80  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@sonic_spark said:

If you were holding out on a Wii U until the end of this year, you'll have a solid selection of games to choose from.

I felt that one more first party "Megaton" released this year would have sold it for me. Inevitably I will buy one to get my Nintendo fix. For now I'm waiting it out.

Of the three consoles, I think Nintendo's library is the most robust thus far.

And I want Metroid dammit.

This fall the WiiU is getting Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 (AND 1), and Super Smash Bros. 4. Not even talking about all the other games that available for it now like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3, or Zombi U or heck Mario Kart 8 and you want one more 1st party Megaton?

It's surprising to say, but we haven't had this great of a Nintendo year since 2010.

(well for consoles anyway, 3DS really stole the show last year.)