Is this the most powerful game trailer ever?

#1 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1490 posts) -

The music, the trailer itself is directed by Kojima, no wonder its so good.

PS, negative comments will be laughed upon.

#2 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4938 posts) -

It's a damn nice one. Got me even more excited for what was already my most anticipated game.

But I wouldn't even say it's the best MGS trailer.

#3 Posted by aroxx_ab (9458 posts) -

Nice movie are they going to make a game as well?

#4 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4938 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Not sure if sarcasm.

#5 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10484 posts) -

The trailer is very well made, just MGS is not my type of game.

#6 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8531 posts) -

The trailer barely gave any idea about the gameplay. I know it was supposed to be "artistic", etc., and I've also noticed an allusion to David Bowie (Diamond Dogs), but still...I'm not really excited by that trailer alone.

#7 Posted by handssss (1834 posts) -

The trailer barely gave any idea about the gameplay. I know it was supposed to be "artistic", etc., and I've also noticed an allusion to David Bowie (Diamond Dogs), but still...I'm not really excited by that trailer alone.

Look at Ground Zeroes for gameplay. The biggest difference is that MGS5 will be in an open world enviroment. Also, cardboard boxes will be back.

#8 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2936 posts) -

Trailer was pretty good , not best thing ever though .

#9 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4938 posts) -

I would have enjoyed seeing some new gameplay as well.

I guess they went all story on this trailer since last years trailer showed gameplay plus they just recently released Ground Zeroes which essentially has the same core mechanics.

Good news is, they have been showing 30 minute gameplay segments throughout E3 and the impressions are glowing. Some even calling it game of show. Hopefully we can see it for ourselves soon.

And yeah, Kojima has a major hard on for David Bowie. He wanted Diamond Dogs to play in this games intro, but his team was against it.

#10 Posted by AdrianWerner (28005 posts) -

IMO it was a terrible trailer. Way to long and showing nothing from either gameplay nor story. Like a bad AMV from Youtube

#11 Posted by kinectthedots (1673 posts) -

Honestly, I don't think amyone would have a problem agreeing to that. It looks beyond fantastic.

#12 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21683 posts) -

It's pretty great. nice choice of music.

btw does kojima have to have his name in every trailer.

Written by hideo kojima. directed by kojima.

Everyone at this point know you are the father of Metal Gear.

It's like he wants to make a movie lol. also wonder if he'll ever make a new IP. the guy will be 80 before we see something new it seems.

#13 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4938 posts) -

IMO it was a terrible trailer. Way to long and showing nothing from either gameplay nor story. Like a bad AMV from Youtube

If anything it showed us too much about the story. Kojimas usually terrible about spoilers in trailers, so I'm glad he pulled it back a bit with this one. But there are still things in this trailer that I would rather not have known about just yet.

#15 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4938 posts) -

@TheGuardian03:

He tried getting away from Metal Gear. Leaving it to a new generation to work with and all that... it didn't work out.

#16 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21683 posts) -

Konami is streaming something in 27 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kDuhrhJNMA

#17 Edited by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

lol. Yeah. true story.

#18 Posted by m_machine024 (14903 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

LOOOL wow! XD

#19 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Lol nope.

#20 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4938 posts) -

Movie Gear type comments always get me.

The only MGS games with an offensive cutscene to gameplay ratio were MGS2 and MGS4... And even then they were simply too cutscene heavy, they still had plenty of game to them. Outside of rpgs and multiplayer games, MGS games tend to offer just as much, if not more gameplay than your average game. Then you have the fact that they're highly replayable.

inb4 some twat says MGS4 is a 4 hour game without taking into account that it's only 4 hours after you've beaten the game a good few times and know exactly what to do and it's essentially a speed run.

Then you have the fact that this game is basically a massive expansion on Peace Walker.

If you don't know, Peace Walker is about 15-20 hours just tackling the main missions, about 30 hours if you're going for some of the extras and anywhere from 60-80 hours for completion... and that was just the latest handheld MGS.

This game is following the same format, but on a much larger scale. It could easily become 40 hours for the main game and 100+ hours for full completion.

In other words. You guys have no idea what you're talking about.

#21 Posted by bezza2011 (2408 posts) -

MGS Phantom Pain is more of an open world than a Movie this time around, it's taking it's peace walker routes more, with your own motherbase with random attacks, allowing recruiting and weaponizing the base, also the people you recruit in the game can die, I've been told, up to now, what people are saying is, it's a huge world with many ways to tackle it, story is meant to be intergrated into the gameplay more than cut scene's this time around.

#22 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5388 posts) -

It's pretty damn awesome!

#23 Posted by kraken2109 (13027 posts) -

No, this is

#24 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6703 posts) -

All I saw was Kojima productions, a trailer by Hideo Kojima, written, edited, directed by Hideo Kojima, Color choice by Kojima, that thing in the distance was decided by Kojima. music chosen by Kojima. this trailer has been brought to you by Kojima.

All the guy knows how to do anymore is stroke his own dick. I still might buy it though.

#25 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -

All I saw was Kojima productions, a trailer by Hideo Kojima, written, edited, directed by Hideo Kojima, Color choice by Kojima, that thing in the distance was decided by Kojima. music chosen by Kojima. this trailer has been brought to you by Kojima.

All the guy knows how to do anymore is stroke his own dick. I still might buy it though.

Kojima knows he's the shit, want something done right then do it yourself...All of it.

#26 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6703 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Kojima knows he's the shit, want something done right then do it yourself...All of it.

That works to a degree. When you are out of touch and used up, it could be counter productive.

#27 Posted by yokofox33 (29515 posts) -

I thought it was pretty awesome. The music really fit with the theme. I just wish I wasn't a deadbeat and get to playing the franchise for the first time...

#28 Posted by dommeus (9266 posts) -

It's weird when he smears ashes on his face... I like how he wrestles with children though. That shit is hot

#29 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21683 posts) -

GOTY

youtube version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qB4IF_U8qo&feature=youtu.be

#30 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2567 posts) -

It sure is.Now excuse me while i go back on sucking Kojima's dick and paying him $30 for a demo.

#31 Posted by Krelian-co (10652 posts) -

@OhJayDubya said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

That works to a degree. When you are out of touch and used up, it could be counter productive.

after seeing this trailer and playing ground zeroes if you think he's out of touch, you are mistaken as always.

#32 Posted by PonchoTaco (2044 posts) -

Trailer was awesome.

#33 Posted by lglz1337 (3418 posts) -

kojima makes the finest trailers!

#34 Edited by SambaLele (5332 posts) -

@OhJayDubya said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

So out of touch that you said yourself you might buy it.

#35 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10171 posts) -

Nope this one is

#36 Posted by blackace (20550 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames: It was all right, but way too long for me. Should have been done in 1/2 that time. I have no plans on getting Phantom Pain at full price. I think Kojima is a very biased developer and have very little respect to the gamers. I'll wait for the game to be in the bargain bin before I think about getting a copy.

#37 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9648 posts) -

the Ground Zeroes trailer was better.

#38 Edited by heguain (625 posts) -

It's fine But Deus Ex HR Extended Icarus trailer really sh*ts all over it :)

#39 Posted by lamprey263 (23495 posts) -

I yawned so hard I think I heard a blood vessel pop.

#40 Posted by heguain (625 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

'Course not.

#41 Posted by 50u1r34v3r (1560 posts) -

Beautiful trailer.

But for me the most powerful trailer is still the Dead Island cinamatic trailer.

The music, the reversed slow-mo, bloody love it.

#42 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

Not even top 20.

Dead Island laughs at it & grows fat.

#43 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1490 posts) -

Nope this one is

I always liked the Gears of war trailers but they were SOOOO misleading. The games are never as emotional as the trailers, the MGS games actually make you feel for the characters.