Is this the end for the Wii U....?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by AtariKidX (6192 posts) -

Super Mario 3D World hasn't captured the interest of gamers as much as it deserves and Knack outsold Super Mario 3D World.Super Mario 3D World is not going to be the Wii U's savour. Despite many - and deservedly so - praising Nintendo's reimagining of its mascot, the initial sales figures do not look good. You don't even need to lose yourself in thousands of numbers or statistics either. You just need to know it was outsold by Knack…. also XBone and PS4 EACH sold more in 24 hours than the Wii U did in 9 months.

Many of the bigger third-party publishers have expressed their disappointment with the console, and even Ubisoft - who used to be so desperate for success on Nintendo devices they made Red Steel 2 - have taken a step back. ZombiU may've been an intriguing experiment, but ultimately no one cared.

Does this spell the end for Nintendo's latest console?...............probably yes.

#2 Edited by MonsieurX (28417 posts) -

lol this crap again.

Got outsold in UK only

lol @ anyone thinking Nintendo will go 3rd party and abandon hardware

#3 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -

10 bucks says no.

#4 Edited by AzatiS (6889 posts) -

Yes it is ... Maybe Wii U wont die like DC did , too fast ... But will decay fast. If this continues i give it 2 years max

#5 Posted by lundy86_4 (42536 posts) -

AtariKid crushing hard on the WiiU.

#6 Edited by hotdiddykong (2047 posts) -

Holidays arent over yet

and even then, Nintendo holds too much pride, the Wii U aint dead, never gonna be

The people who own them will just keep getting all the games that we know are coming

in the end its still gonna be fanboys bitching against it, last i checked sales dont make a console you guys flipped it around despite the Wii outselling every single thing in existance

Also when a mediocre game is bundled with the console, Of course its gonna sell more

#7 Posted by coasterguy65 (5669 posts) -

Bored with looking for negative things about the XBone finally?

#8 Edited by anybodykilla15 (114 posts) -

sega had less money than nintendo and still managed to pump out more systems than nintendo,

they will have another console,

alot of money is being made from 3ds sales and software ya know

#9 Posted by PsychoLemons (1878 posts) -

Quite cynical this world has been lately.

#10 Posted by KBFloYd (12683 posts) -

if nintendo doesnt pull the plug it might be the lowest selling console ever that wasnt discontinued...

i still have hope after the nov and dec numbers come out though.

#11 Posted by bbkkristian (14641 posts) -

Nintendo will go third party when the mods decide to end your sorry account. Unfortunately the mods got to follow the rules, so it looks like Nintendo is staying.

#12 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

sega had less money than nintendo and still managed to pump out more systems than nintendo,

Sega had more money than Nintendo and then lost most their money on 3 console decisions, while also trying to maintain those 3 consoles and 2 other consoles at the same time. Meaning that they were basically wasting 5x the cash for no reason.

#13 Posted by drummerdave9099 (569 posts) -

@AtariKidX if you're so sure the WiiU will be discontinued then bet your account. i see you post stuff like this everyday, you must be absolutely positive it's going to happen.

#14 Posted by farrell2k (5021 posts) -

Everyone forgot how slowly he PS3 sold its first 2 year last gen? The 3DS started out the same way as well.

#15 Edited by Basinboy (10888 posts) -

I hope not - I just bought one

#16 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2638 posts) -

For nintendo to do numbers they have to sell more consoles and that seems unlikely. Clearly Nintendo could sell more games on the ps4/x1 than on the wii u. They could also save money on the hardware biz. Nintendo makes good games but they are on a crappy console with no multiplat support and poor online gaming. All the areas nintendo is weak in sony is strong in so it makes sense to port the games over.

#17 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4357 posts) -

If Nintendo can't get sales up within the next year or so. It would probably be best for them to abandon the console and either start from scratch or concentrate solely on the handheld market. They are certainly not going third party that's a Microsoft & Sony fanboy pipe dream.

#18 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8665 posts) -

Charizard just bought 12 Wii Us, so I hope so.

#19 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2638 posts) -

If Nintendo can't get sales up within the next year or so. It would probably be best for them to abandon the console and either start from scratch or concentrate solely on the handheld market. They are certainly not going third party that's a Microsoft & Sony fanboy pipe dream.

The only thing Nintendo has is their exclusives. If the exclusives are not moving what is the point of spending money on thr wii u platform??

#20 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13680 posts) -

What's a Wii U? New controller?

#21 Posted by Couth_ (9907 posts) -

They are certainly not going third party that's a Microsoft & Sony fanboy pipe dream.

How is it a fanboy pipe dream? It's a nintnendo fanboy dream to NOT want their games on other systems lol

#22 Posted by lamprey263 (22254 posts) -

Wii U isn't going to gain ground against PS4 or X1, and it won't capture the attention of developers for multiplatforms to any significant extent. That's okay because I didn't get it for that, I got it to play Nintendo's awesome exclusives, and games like Mario 3D World will still be awesome regardless of whether it sells more or less than a shitty title like Knack.

I still want either an X1 or PS4 to play the greatest of next gen's titles. To me the Wii U is a supplemental console with games I want that can only be played on a Wii U, which is why I got one. I'm certain by the end of its run I'll have gotten more than enough out of it to justify getting one, I'll probably get more games for it than the average attach rate of the X1 or PS4 will be by the end of their run.

#23 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4357 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@Devil-Itachi said:

They are certainly not going third party that's a Microsoft & Sony fanboy pipe dream.

How is it a fanboy pipe dream? It's a nintnendo fanboy dream to NOT want their games on other systems lol

Because they been saying this shit since the dreamcast died and Sega went third party and it's not gonna happen that's how. Plus Nintendo has explicit said they would never do it and would rather leave the market but that was just PR talk, never know though Japanese are a stubborn bunch.

#24 Posted by Couth_ (9907 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@Devil-Itachi said:

Because they been saying this shit since the dreamcast died and Sega went third party and it's not gonna happen that's how. Plus Nintendo has explicit said they would never do it and would rather leave the market but that was just PR talk, never know though Japanese are a stubborn bunch.

All im saying is there are plenty of gamers (fanboy or not) who would love some multiplatform nintendo games.. And you would have to be a nintendo fanboy to have the mindset of "no you cant have them on the other system."

like the bloke below my post said. He bought the Wii U as a supplementary console to his pc/xbone/ps4. How nice would it be to not have to bother with it and just have those nintendo games on your one platform

#25 Posted by Seabas989 (9924 posts) -

If AtariKidX thinks the Wii U will end then it will not end. Afterall he was so right about the 3DS.

#26 Posted by charizard1605 (54087 posts) -

Remember when you were convinced the 3DS would be discontinued before the Vita released?

#27 Posted by Speak_Low (690 posts) -

2013 = the year of Luigi Knack

#28 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4357 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@Devil-Itachi said:

All im saying is there are plenty of gamers (fanboy or not) who would love some multiplatform nintendo games.. And you would have to be a nintendo fanboy to have the mindset of "no you cant have them on the other system."

like the bloke below my post said. He bought the Wii U as a supplementary console to his pc/xbone/ps4. How nice would it be to not have to bother with it and just have those nintendo games on your one platform

Yes I know, just put Microsoft and Sony fanboy because it is system wars after all, wasn't really specific to a platform but still. Also even though they do buy the console alongside the other system for just the 1st party games, they likely wouldn't like a third party Nintendo as much considering a lot of franchises would die. Unless they only have interest in Nintendo's top sellers. in which case they may actually love it.

#29 Edited by AtariKidX (6192 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Remember when you were convinced the 3DS would be discontinued before the Vita released?

It is not the same.We are talk about consoles.......WiiU it sucks and PS4 already have dominate and sold 2.1 million units worldwide in two weeks.You know why....??Because is the best next gen console.WiiU is just a weaker overprice XBOX360 after 7 year......and many of the third-party publishers have expressed their disappointment with the console.

Also WiiU is a already a dead console in Europe....sad but true.

#30 Posted by mems_1224 (45625 posts) -

lol this crap again.

Got outsold in UK only

Cows are just desperately hoping they have something worth playing soon =*(

#31 Posted by Glitter (326 posts) -

@MonsieurX: I think Nintendo going third party would be smart, but I can see it never happening or taking a long, excessive period of time to happen miraculously.

#32 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24083 posts) -

I read your post and this was actually a more competent than your usual swill.

That is until I clicked the link.

Come on Kid at least put Quotes or Italicize the things you're copying and Pasting.

As for the Topic, perhaps. Nintendo seems to be holding on to it for a bit, though I thought they had said if Holiday Sales were lower than Expectations there was going to be some "Restructuring".

#33 Posted by Spam_Pics (222 posts) -

a nintendo DOOM AND GLOOOOM article by a moron journalist

I swear we've been getting these at least once a week since 2003

#34 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3196 posts) -

Lol Atarikid thread.

#35 Posted by MonsieurX (28417 posts) -
#36 Posted by aroxx_ab (9067 posts) -

Believe that or just wish that is not same thing...:P

#37 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3196 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Lol Atarikid thread.

You missed a few lols.

lololololol

Atarikid.................thread....................lololololololol................

#38 Edited by MonsieurX (28417 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Lol Atarikid thread.

You missed a few lols.

lololololol

Atarikid.................thread....................lololololololol................

Nailed it.

#39 Posted by AtariKidX (6192 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Lol Atarikid thread.

You missed a few lols.

lololololol

Wii ewwwwwwwwwwww......lolololololol.

#40 Posted by freedomfreak (37939 posts) -

#41 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8445 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@Devil-Itachi said:

@Couth_ said:

Gamers love to contradict themselves you know. Would you like to play Halo, Forza, Gran Turismo, and Infamous in one platform as well?

#42 Posted by babycakin (1400 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Lol Atarikid thread.

You missed a few lols.

lololololol

Wii ewwwwwwwwwwww......lolololololol.

Not to be mean but that's pretty damn g*y doing that lol.

#43 Edited by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

What happens when your know as a troll poster no one can take your threads as being anything more than a joke. Which is sad because debate much more fun than trolling.

#44 Posted by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

Lol butthurt sheep in denial. Never gets old. Keep making threads TC. Lemm tears, sheep tears, all taste great the same.

#45 Edited by DarkGamer007 (6021 posts) -

I really hope you aren't older than 12 years old AtariKidX, if you are then you seem to have an unhealthy hatred of Nintendo. Every time you mention Nintendo, it's as if you have to say something negative and want them to fail because you feel insecure in your maturity and want everyone to know that you are "too mature for Nintendo". There isn't liking something, and then there is unhealthy passionately hating on something.

#46 Edited by Seabas989 (9924 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

It is not the same.We are talk about consoles.......WiiU it sucks and PS4 already have dominate and sold 2.1 million units worldwide in two weeks.You know why....??Because is the best next gen console.WiiU is just a weaker overprice XBOX360 after 7 year......and many of the third-party publishers have expressed their disappointment with the console.

Also WiiU is a already a dead console in Europe....sad but true.

lolol

#47 Posted by charizard1605 (54087 posts) -

Lol butthurt sheep in denial. Never gets old. Keep making threads TC. Lemm tears, sheep tears, all taste great the same.

Lolololol, this is what Nintendo haters have been reduced to- siding with crap posters like AtariKid.

#48 Posted by AtariKidX (6192 posts) -

@Crossel777 said:

Lolololol, this is what Nintendo haters have been reduced to- siding with crap posters like AtariKid.

Is this the best you can say.....??lol Poor butthurt sheep............lolol

#49 Posted by Zophar87 (4331 posts) -

@anybodykilla15 said:

Sega had more money than Nintendo and then lost most their money on 3 console decisions, while also trying to maintain those 3 consoles and 2 other consoles at the same time. Meaning that they were basically wasting 5x the cash for no reason.

Somehow I doubt this.

#50 Posted by Pray_to_me (2707 posts) -

You don't have to be a "Nintendo Hater" to know the Wii U is trash. And it's true they should go third party. Why force everyone to buy a big hunk of shit to play like 5 titles for the entire gen?

Does anyone in their right mind think that a new Zelda game wouldn't be better on say PS4? Probably would have double the resolution and frame-rate. I mean seriously what is that big hunk of shit tablet gonna bring to the table that will make it worth needing to shell out 300 bucks to play Nintendo games with last gen graphics? Nintendo is grimey releasing that bootleg PoS and trying to pass it off as next gen. And of course the sheep defend it. It's like they LIKE the abuse. Stockholm syndrome really.