Is the XBOX brand making a strong case about WHY it exists?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos: Selling a $600 console in 2006/7 that has a debatable performance boost over it's competition is idiotic.

You are a buffoon.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 StormyJoe

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos:

Are naturally this big of a fanboy, or do you work at it? So, Sony has corrected no wrongs? The PS3 was priced correctly at launch? It was designed correctly?

I... I honestly do not know what to say. I have never read that level of fanboy bullshit before. Literally dumbfounded.

Out of curiosity do you know what the production costs and R and D costs were? I mean as consumers we can say the console was priced higher than we were willing to pay but I would be curious as to your knowledge about "priced correctly".

It doesn't matter - the fact is that produced a product that was too expensive for the market.

Has every fucking cow given in to revisionist history? Dude, just spend 5 minutes doing some research via Google.

lol, got to love fanboys, especially Sony one's. They can never just admit and see when Sony is wrong or at fault for something. It's always MS this or Nintendo that smh.

No kidding! Now, @tormentos is actually arguing with me that the PS3 was priced correctly for the market when it launched. I guess he is one of those people who went out an "got a second job so he could afford one."

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

@StormyJoe:

Nah, he works for Sony and got one for what it was worth at launch.. ... half price. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

lol, got to love fanboys, especially Sony one's. They can never just admit and see when Sony is wrong or at fault for something. It's always MS this or Nintendo that smh.

That is funny since the PS3 was a powerful and the forefront in HD video format and was $500 and $600 the xbox one is a POS over price weak console that does nothing new but serve as a redundant cable box.

The xbox one should have been $300 on launch and not $500.

Kinect alone dropped $100,the other $100 would come from MS subsidizing the unit like they did with the xbox 360,the 360 cost $525 to make and was sold for $400 at first MS loss $125 per unit.

Instead they chose to pack Kinect give you a cheap build unit with weak hardware and expect you to pay $500 for it,is making a $600 console was arrogant,when the unit had tech new to the market and expensive,what the fu** you think is making a $500 one with weak ass GPU,.slow ass DDR3 a memory patch with cheap blu-ray and cheap Kinect which uses resources from the already weak ass GPU..

lol

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#205 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@tormentos:

No you're a child for resorting to insults. I have spoken with enough sensible users on this forum who know what I and most recognized about Sony going into the PS3 gen. You are so blinded by your love for that company you refuse to see it. Nothing to be said about your fanboyism.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos:

Are naturally this big of a fanboy, or do you work at it? So, Sony has corrected no wrongs? The PS3 was priced correctly at launch? It was designed correctly?

I... I honestly do not know what to say. I have never read that level of fanboy bullshit before. Literally dumbfounded.

Out of curiosity do you know what the production costs and R and D costs were? I mean as consumers we can say the console was priced higher than we were willing to pay but I would be curious as to your knowledge about "priced correctly".

It doesn't matter - the fact is that produced a product that was too expensive for the market.

Has every fucking cow given in to revisionist history? Dude, just spend 5 minutes doing some research via Google.

No kidding! Now, @tormentos is actually arguing with me that the PS3 was priced correctly for the market when it launched. I guess he is one of those people who went out an "got a second job so he could afford one."

I'm sure he did, he's just repeating the same thing over and over again. Don't really matter to me, I see no point in arguing over a company that I'm not getting paid from or seeing any financial benefits from. Just give me the consoles and all the games I can play on them. All this fanboy system wars BS is childish and dumb to me and doing so much research on a console just to prove the console you purchased is better than the console someone else purchase is elementary school crap.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 cainetao11

@SecretPolice said:

@StormyJoe:

Nah, he works for Sony and got one for what it was worth at launch.. ... half price. :P

Really funny shit with him. I had a PM conversation with SolidTy and asked him if he remembers the arrogance call against Sony and even he said yes of course they were arrogant and attributed much of it to "crazy" Ken Kutaragi. tormentos lives in fantasy land.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: Selling a $600 console in 2006/7 that has a debatable performance boost over it's competition is idiotic.

You are a buffoon.

$1,000 Blu-ray -HD DVD $200 on xbox 360.

Wifi - $99 dollars on xbox 360.

Free online play- $50 dollars on 360.

60GB HDD - $20GB on xbox 360 $100 for 20GB additional one.

Media Card reader - Not on xbox 360.

HDMI - analogue only on xbox 360

Making a $500 consoles that is 50% weaker than a $400 one is truly idiotic yet you say shit...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 SecretPolice

@cainetao11 said:

@SecretPolice said:

@StormyJoe:

Really funny shit with him. I had a PM conversation with SolidTy and asked him if he remembers the arrogance call against Sony and even he said yes of course they were arrogant and attributed much of it to "crazy" Ken Kutaragi. tormentos lives in fantasy land.

Well ST would only admit that in PM and not in public in SW so ya know. :o

I kid, I kid but yeah how MS got talked into practically repeating the mistake Sony made is freakin mind blowing, seriously, they had it in their power the ability to stomp the crap out of the competition this gen ( especially in NA ) had they came outta the gate swinging with much superior HW ( no Kinect and that extra 150 bones into the console itself ) and super IP's that impressed right from the start.

Eh, perhaps it's better this way though, makes'em work harder now to get it right and stop the bleeding.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

Actually you know what it wasn't price right i have to admit..

If it was priced right it would have been $1,400 or $1,300 dollars..

Oh hell $900 so that sony could make a $50 profit on each unit.

Blu-Ray $1,000 + xbox 360 premium = $,1400 dollars.

Is not my fault that you are such a butthurt lemming and can't see it,the true is sony system walked over the xbox 360 value wise even at $600.

That old part lol...

The head of Sony games Ken Kutaragi said to Japanese economics publication Toyo Keizai today that Sony's PS3 strategy is "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

http://www.engadget.com/2005/07/06/sony-wants-you-to-earn-that-playstation-3/

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos:

No you're a child for resorting to insults. I have spoken with enough sensible users on this forum who know what I and most recognized about Sony going into the PS3 gen. You are so blinded by your love for that company you refuse to see it. Nothing to be said about your fanboyism.

Insults please you call me idiot here all the time,others do to and i don't complain be a man stop crying.

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

I'm sure he did, he's just repeating the same thing over and over again. Don't really matter to me, I see no point in arguing over a company that I'm not getting paid from or seeing any financial benefits from. Just give me the consoles and all the games I can play on them. All this fanboy system wars BS is childish and dumb to me and doing so much research on a console just to prove the console you purchased is better than the console someone else purchase is elementary school crap.

The head of Sony games Ken Kutaragi said to Japanese economics publication Toyo Keizai today that Sony's PS3 strategy is "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

http://www.engadget.com/2005/07/06/sony-wants-you-to-earn-that-playstation-3/

But but but sony told me to get 2 jobs..hahhahaaa

@cainetao11 said:

@SecretPolice said:

@StormyJoe:

The only arrogant crap you can place on sony was saying the gen start when we say it does,which is more of a confidence wording that anything on a war where you fu**ing competitor is even spreading lies about your damn hardware and making bullshit charts proving how their console was stronger.

Like i asked you already where have you point to MS arrogance i haven't see you once do that you blind biased lemming.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@SecretPolice said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SecretPolice said:

@StormyJoe:

I kid, I kid but yeah how MS got talked into practically repeating the mistake Sony made is freakin mind blowing, seriously, they had it in their power the ability to stomp the crap out of the competition this gen ( especially in NA ) had they came outta the gate swinging with much superior HW ( no Kinect and that extra 150 bones into the console itself ) and super IP's that impressed right from the start.

Eh, perhaps it's better this way though, makes'em work harder now to get it right and stop the bleeding.

Yeah, that is the one thing that amazes me as well. You capitalize on the arrogance and the mistake that Sony made with the PS3 at launch to put your console on the map just to make the same mistake Sony made when launching your new console? That is sooooooooooooooo ass backwards to me that I'm just blown away. They pretty much opened the door wide for Sony to walk through and sell 20 million units in 2 years. Gamers were ready for a new console and since MS completely screwed up then they just went with the Playstation 4. At least MS is still selling well but they just handed the led to Sony on that screw up.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 cainetao11

@SecretPolice said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SecretPolice said:

@StormyJoe:

Agreed. It is hilarious that MS basically repeated the same attitude with X1, by being so arrogant as to believe gamers would accept those stupid policies. At least Sony had actually dominated the console landscape with PS1 and 2. MS just had a way better gen then their previous one, but they didn't dominate anything LOL.

As for ST, him and I have always had a good friendship here, and great conversations about the industry. One thing I know is very little is forgotten by him and he proved it to me by remembering Sony's arrogance.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 StormyJoe

@tormentos: I repeat - you are complete buffoon. Pretty much ruined any last bit of credibility you have.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By cainetao11

@tormentos:

Nobody is crying but you because you don't want to face reality. As for insults, when have I called you idiot in this thread? No you started that baby shit. It doesn't make you a man because you are willing to trade insults. It takes a man, an adult to refrain from that immaturity.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 SecretPolice

@cainetao11:

On your last part; I know, same here, we'll sometimes do a little give & take jab but it's all SW silliness for the most part. ;)

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 StormyJoe

@SecretPolice said:

@StormyJoe:

Must be. He is creating more spin than I saw by Romney and Obama in the last presidential debates...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 tormentos

@SecretPolice said:

This exactly one of my points,Stormy argue that sony was arrogant for making a $600 dollar console,regardless of been wrong or right the PS3 manufacturing price was $850 dollars but the hardware worth in reality was much higher it was a blu-ray player + a gaming console for $200 at worst $100 at best from a premium 360.

The xbox 360 cost to make $525 on launch MS eat a $125 loss.

If MS would have eat $125 cost of the xbox one and Kinect would not be part of the pictures the xbox one would be dominating now,at $300 since launch at least in US and probably UK again,even if other places the war was stronger or like the PS3.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 SecretPolice

@tormentos said:

@SecretPolice said:

This exactly one of my points,Stormy argue that sony was arrogant for making a $600 dollar console,regardless of been wrong or right the PS3 manufacturing price was $850 dollars but the hardware worth in reality was much higher it was a blu-ray player + a gaming console for $200 at worst $100 at best from a premium 360.

If MS would have eat $125 cost of the xbox one and Kinect would not be part of the pictures the xbox one would be dominating now,at $300 since launch at least in US and probably UK again,even if other places the war was stronger or like the PS3.

Yup, had things went differently this gen would be a bunch tighter between the consoles in sales... well, minus the U. :P

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 cainetao11

@tormentos said:

@SecretPolice said:

No it wouldn't. MS destroyed any chance of dominating with their E3 policies fiasco. The point is no company is willing to eat a loss anymore. The X1 and PS4 sell at slight profit or breaking even out the gate. Selling a console at a loss was the normal business model for generations because they made the money up on the games but nobody wants to do that anymore. Sony is too far in debt, and the Xbox games division is as well. Its stupid business to make something for 600 to 800 dollars and sell it for 400 to 500 in 2013-2015.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178808 Posts

@kingtito said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos:

I believe he's trying to say that Sony was so arrogant they built a $600 console thinking people would actually pay for it. Doesn't matter how much Sony lost per sale, the fact that they even had the audacity to put something like that out to the public was asinine. They followed up by making even dumber statements like "people will get a 2nd job to buy a PS3, Next gen doesn't start till we say it does". They were wrong and people voiced their opinions with their wallets.

Sony's been arrogant since the end of PS1 days.

Ah well that is where supply and demand comes in. The market adjusts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 LJS9502_basic

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos:

Why doesn't it matter? Blu Ray was new tech at the time and new tech is expensive. Are you going to answer my question or just play fan boy?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos: Stop responding to me El Tormented. You're so blind and in love with Sony that they can do no wrong in your eyes. Go talk to someone that might actually take you seriously....if that's even possible. You're a joke here, go away.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#223 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
@jcrame10 said:

@delta3074: sooo...4 xbox exclusive game series with high scores and sales, still compared to the 20 or so ps franchises I listed

'I highly doubt any of the games you mentioned reached GENERAL success, reception and sales'

Err, you said you highly doubted ANY of them where a success 4 is obviously better than the NONE that you claimed so i was right and you where wrong really but obviously you where going to move the goal posts.

even though its actually more than 4, those games where just examples.

so your initial Claim that the only Successful and memorable games on Xbox where gears, Halo, forza and Fable was a bit rubbish really wasn't it

Plus the original Xbox had games that could never have appeared on the PS2 like Chronicles of Riddick, doom 3, Half life 2, KOTOR

Also, your list needs to be chopped, Tomb raider and final fantasy have never been Playstation exclusive franchises.

You have proved one thing though, that you are one of these that will just jump in with a baseless assumptions without doing your research first that and you clearly have not been gaming long, i don't know many gamers who have been gaming as long as me that didn't know that Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox is considered one of the greatest games ever made.

You also dismissed an UNREAL game as not being Successful or memorable alongside DOA which is considered one of the best Fighting game franchises in Gaming.

Also PGR, considered to be one of the greatest Racing franchises in gaming.

th only conclusion i can come to is that you really don't have a fucking Clue when it comes to the Xbox's gaming library if you think all it has is HALO, gears, forza and fable.

Xbox AA= titles

Star wars KOTOR=94/100

Nnja gaiden Black=94/100

Ninja gaiden=91/100

PGR 2=90/100

Jet set radio future=88/100

Crimson skies=88/100

Mech assault=88/100

Unreal championship 2=85/100

PGR=85/100

Dead or alive ultimate=83/100

Steel battalion=83/100

Kingdom under fire=81/100

now you have all the knowledge you need to actually be credible when talking about the original Xbox games library

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: I repeat - you are complete buffoon. Pretty much ruined any last bit of credibility you have.

You are the buffoon and screaming i loss credibility when you refuse like a hard headed fanboy to see things for what they are is a joke.

Just because you say so it doesn't mean i have.'

Fact is the PS3 was expensive fu**ing hardware,it was a blu-ray player + a console for $100 more than a premium 360,hell $50 more if you count live you delusional on denial butthurt lemming.

THAT is a FACT.

Now if sony was arrogant for giving me $1,400 worth of hardware for $600 dollars what the fu** is selling the shitty xbox one with under power hardware and old ass memory for $500 call.?

@cainetao11 said:

No it wouldn't. MS destroyed any chance of dominating with their E3 policies fiasco. The point is no company is willing to eat a loss anymore. The X1 and PS4 sell at slight profit or breaking even out the gate. Selling a console at a loss was the normal business model for generations because they made the money up on the games but nobody wants to do that anymore. Sony is too far in debt, and the Xbox games division is as well. Its stupid business to make something for 600 to 800 dollars and sell it for 400 to 500 in 2013-2015.

Yeah that is the reason they sold 2.4 million on Chrismast and even outsold the PS4,if the unit since launch didn't have Kinect and was $299 dude that shit would have move a gillion units at least in US and UK.

So was in debt to do that but MS isn't they could have they just din't want to.

The xbox one wasn't 800 to make,it barely break the $400 with Kinect included taken it out of the pictures lower the price enough already to $400 and MS eating $100 for the first year would have not been that bad,they eat more than that with the 360 and pay a full billion for messing up their hardware.

They pay more than that trying to secure time exclusive DLC which is loss money in the end because no matter what it will come to the other platform latter one.

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos:

Nobody is crying but you because you don't want to face reality. As for insults, when have I called you idiot in this thread? No you started that baby shit. It doesn't make you a man because you are willing to trade insults. It takes a man, an adult to refrain from that immaturity.

I didn't say this thread but you have if you doubt it just say so i go easy on a post hunt and prove you wrong,but i don't care for such stupidity you can call me idiot or moron that shit is ok with me.

@LJS9502_basic said:

Why doesn't it matter? Blu Ray was new tech at the time and new tech is expensive. Are you going to answer my question or just play fan boy?

It doesn't matter because it serve his purpose to not matter it is clear the PS3 was a better value and the higher price tag was easy to justify unlike the xbox 360 extra $100 over the gen before,when it had old DVD,component cables,no wifi, no free online play,it was basically updated graphics and higher storage capacity which wasn't even much to begin with from 8 GB to 20GB.

@kingtito said:

@tormentos: Stop responding to me El Tormented. You're so blind and in love with Sony that they can do no wrong in your eyes. Go talk to someone that might actually take you seriously....if that's even possible. You're a joke here, go away.

Just close your eyes and picture you self man,because all you do here is kiss MS ass,but but the xbox one didn't get a second price drop,but but sony was arrogant and told people to get 2 jobs is always all pro MS against sony you are one of the biggest and blindness lemmings here,Cainetao11 is actually soft compare to 1 1/4 of your fanboys.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos: And delusional to boot. Go away El Tormented

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#226  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
@tormentos said:

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Touche my good man. Dude's love for a machine with Sony's name on it so admirable but just baffling. You would think he's middle name was Sony. None of these companies are spotless with their messups. Nintendo had there's, Sony had there's and MS is living through there's now but to defend Sony to the death like they did no wrong is just mindless and blind. But now you opened up a can of worms cause in typical Sony fanboy ways, I'm sure he's going to now stoop to insulting and name calling. Prepare yourself.

The best part is how cainetao11 bail out basically because i prove how MS was first with the whole arrogant shit and attacks.

@cainetao11 said:

No dude, Sony didn't consider the 360 competition. What fucking guide to business is telling you firing back is not from arrogance? Do you understand what arrogance is? Its believing your shit doesn't smell, in laymen's terms. That's what you are doing right now. I never said MS was a fucking white dove of peace. You always have to bring up something about MS as if I said it or denied it. It was universally said, quoted, and known that Sony was very arrogant about their product's chances of dominating the sales race last gen, and they didn't. And as a result they made some great changes to the development of their next console, where as MS saw a much better gen compared to their first and got extremely arrogant with what they thought the consumer would put up with when it came to the X1. And they got bitch slapped for it.

You are an idiot what sony did vs MS was just freaking business after MS did nothing but step on them,so if sony say the gen doesn't start until we say so,yeah arrogance my ass when you are constantly lying and attacking me,sites even make out that sony asked people to get 2 jobs WTF man but i guess you are to much butthurt to admit that.

Fact is it was a war and sony showing confidence vs a relentless company who downplay its system without even knowing how it work it is a joke.

Did you know Major nelson call SPE Useless DSP.? Hahaha how shock it was those SPE which allowed the PS3 to beat the xbox 360 graphically by offloading GPU task.

What you call arrogance i call every day fight from 2 competitors,MS started the dirty play.

Major nelson face after seeing Uncharted 1 beating Gears graphically most had been epic,after all the crap he talked about cell.

What about the first guy to sell 10 million wins.?

There was no arrogance all i saw was a damn fight,showing trying to show confidence rather than been arrogant,after all they were the leaders and if the PS3 would have been $400 the history would have been much difference than it was,probably like it is today.

'sites even make out that sony asked people to get 2 jobs WTF'

KEN katarugi

Ken hints that PS3 might be a tad pricey: "We want consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one.' We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

On the price of PS3: "If you consider the PlayStation 3 a toy, then yes, it is an expensive toy. However, it is more than a toy. It is a PlayStation 3. And it is the only PlayStation 3. I hope that those who understand this will gladly purchase it."

On the competition from Microsoft and Nintendo: "We do not care."

On the definition of PS3: "The PS3 is not a game machine. We've never once called it a game machine...With the PS3, our intentions have been to create a machine with supercomputer calculation capabilities for home entertainment."

On the price of PS3 again: "It's probably too cheap... If you can have an amazing experience, we believe price is not a problem."

On Microsoft: "Beating us for a short moment is like accidentally winning a point from a Shihan [karate master], and Microsoft is still not a black belt."

and my all time favorite

On backwards compatibility: "The current Xbox will become antiquated once the new machine comes out this November. When that happens, the Xbox will be killing itself. The only way to avoid that is to support 100 percent compatibility from Xbox 360’s launch date, but Microsoft won't be able to commit to that. It's technically difficult."

where was BC on the PS3 ken?

If you don't see that as arrogant then you clearly do not understand what the word arrogant even means, YES Microsoft have been arrogant as well but to completely defend SONY over there past arrogance Reeks of being a total SONY apologist mate.

War or not. arrogance is still arrogance, it's not defined by the situation.

You need to stop Blowing SONYs tiny Piece and get in the real world

'"While we are convinced that there is no problem with these models, and that we would win if we defended this case through trial, we have agreed to settle these lawsuits to avoid the extraordinary high cost of cumbersome class action litigation,"'=Bullshit, you knew you where going to lose

Unlike MS with the 360 SONY refused to admit that DRE was a problem and still refuse to admit to to this day despite being found liable

Rootkits

'In 2005, asked about the Sony BMG Copy protection rootkit, Hesse's declaration to reporter Neda Ulaby: "Most people, I think, don't even know what a rootkit is, so why should they care about it?" became famous and added prominence to the case to reporters and the general public.'

That just smacks of arrogance.

says it all really.

Ironically it was Microsoft who saved the day

http://news.cnet.com/Microsoft-will-wipe-Sonys-rootkit/2100-1002_3-5949041.html

'The Redmond, Wash., software maker has determined that the "rootkit" piece of the XCP software on some Sony BMG Music Entertainment CDs can pose a security risk to Windows PCs, according to a posting Saturday to a Microsoft corporate Web log.'

You ain't fooling anyone, SONY is as Arrogant as everyone else in the industry, stop making them out to be Saints due, they ain't

and quit with the 'bu-bu-bu they started it first' this ain't the school playground, who give a **** who started it, Arrogance is arrogance regardless of whether someone else 'started it' or not.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 cainetao11

@tormentos:

The problem is you aren't the head of a major division of a corporation or a CEO so I have a hard time believing your strategy over those that are in the industry. It doesn't matter whether MS could have done it, the fact is neither company wants to sell at a loss. This is the way it is now. Would've, should've, could've means shit.

I know we have traded insults before and I remember apologizing to the whole board one of the last times I did so with you. Its immature and I would like to hold myself to higher morals whether you are fine with it or not.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#228  Edited By TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

Did I read that Sony designed the PS3 correctly? The same PS3 that was technically more power on paper but was designed to not even get 60% of that power and ended up outputting weaker games in general? The consoles that was not made to have price-drops without losses and removing features? The console that slapped chips together to compete? The consoles with one of the slowest Blu-ray drives on the planet?

What?

And I'm reading denial about Krazy ken???????????

Don't forget trentton (I think that was him) who said if you could fins a PS3 on shelves he'd give you $1200.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#229  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@delta3074 said:
@jcrame10 said:

@delta3074: sooo...4 xbox exclusive game series with high scores and sales, still compared to the 20 or so ps franchises I listed

'I highly doubt any of the games you mentioned reached GENERAL success, reception and sales'

Err, you said you highly doubted ANY of them where a success 4 is obviously better than the NONE that you claimed so i was right and you where wrong really but obviously you where going to move the goal posts.

Indeed, which is why I stated that.

even though its actually more than 4, those games where just examples.

so your initial Claim that the only Successful and memorable games on Xbox where gears, Halo, forza and Fable was a bit rubbish really wasn't it

Not really still, considering most of the games you're using from your argument are from Xbox- not 360 or One. Why didn't those series continue?

Plus the original Xbox had games that could never have appeared on the PS2 like Chronicles of Riddick, doom 3, Half life 2, KOTOR

So you're going to count Doom 3 and Half Life as exclusive but then later claim that games like the Tomb Raider (especially 2 and 3), FF7, FF8, FF Tactics etc were never "exclusive franchises". You also list Ninja Gaiden for XBOX, when that series started decades before on NES.

Also, your list needs to be chopped, Tomb raider and final fantasy have never been Playstation exclusive franchises.

Doom 3 and Half Life 2 though?

You have proved one thing though, that you are one of these that will just jump in with a baseless assumptions without doing your research first that and you clearly have not been gaming long, i don't know many gamers who have been gaming as long as me that didn't know that Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox is considered one of the greatest games ever made.

But you do know Ninja Gaiden has had games on NES and DS before, yes? Ninja Gaiden wasn't designed for and created for XBOX like how games such as LPB, Infamous, Jak, Ratchet, Uncharted, God of War etc. were originally created for Playstation.

You also dismissed an UNREAL game as not being Successful or memorable alongside DOA which is considered one of the best Fighting game franchises in Gaming.

Based on research, there was a first Unreal Tournament game in 1999 on PC, and later for PS2/Dreamcast. I'm still looking for Xbox exclusive franchises here.

Also PGR, considered to be one of the greatest Racing franchises in gaming.

Better than Gran Turismo, Need For Speed, and Forza? PGR hasn't had a console game since 2007 btw.

th only conclusion i can come to is that you really don't have a fucking Clue when it comes to the Xbox's gaming library if you think all it has is HALO, gears, forza and fable.

Actually, based on this, it seems the only ones of relevance are still those 4. Most of the games you guys are using were never really exclusive, or haven't had a game in awhile. What I think we can learn here is that the original XBOX had far more variety of games and exclusives than anything Microsoft has done in recent times.

now you have all the knowledge you need to actually be credible when talking about the original Xbox games library

Ok, is Xbox still relevant today? A console from 2002? Where are all these franchises today? I still say the only games that hold relevance today and throughout Xbox brand lifespan are the same Halo, Gears, Forza.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 StormyJoe

@tormentos: All that expense, yet it could barely outperform it's chief rival in the HD console market. It was too expensive and hard to develop for.

You are a buffoon if you think otherwise.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By StormyJoe

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos:

I was not talking about the price point in regards to production. I was talking about a console that was $200 more than it's chief rival in the HD console market that, for the first few years, couldn't even win a multiplat comparison.

You can justify the $600 price tag all you want, but sales wise the PS3 was kind of a flop until the slim came out.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I was not talking about the price point in regards to production. I was talking about a console that was $200 more than it's chief rival in the HD console market that, for the first few years, couldn't even win a multiplat comparison.

You can justify the $600 price tag all you want, but sales wise the PS3 was kind of a flop until the slim came out.

Do you even bother to read my posts? As I said....it's supply and demand and the market adjusts. But if you make an expensive product then you have to price it so as to make a break even point viable. You cannot run a business with a huge loss per unit. Sony took the backwards compatibility out and the price came down. Much like MS had to do this gen with Kinect.

The part about winning third party games comparison is basically on the devs. If they don't optimize the game per brand then they're just lazy. Much like this gen when they use the parity catch phrase. It's laziness.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 StormyJoe

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Do you even bother to read my posts? As I said....it's supply and demand and the market adjusts. But if you make an expensive product then you have to price it so as to make a break even point viable. You cannot run a business with a huge loss per unit. Sony took the backwards compatibility out and the price came down. Much like MS had to do this gen with Kinect.

The part about winning third party games comparison is basically on the devs. If they don't optimize the game per brand then they're just lazy. Much like this gen when they use the parity catch phrase. It's laziness.

The PS3 launch was a blunder. Sony tried to use the PS3 to win the HD video war, banking that because of the success of the PS2, they could release a new console at $600. That didn't work. It was a classic case of "Sony arrogance", and everyone (except die-hard cows) gave them criticism for it.

If you think a $600 console was a good idea, I can't help you. Just know, you are in the significant minority.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

The PS3 launch was a blunder. Sony tried to use the PS3 to win the HD video war, banking that because of the success of the PS2, they could release a new console at $600. That didn't work. It was a classic case of "Sony arrogance", and everyone (except die-hard cows) gave them criticism for it.

If you think a $600 console was a good idea, I can't help you. Just know, you are in the significant minority.

Nowhere in my post did I say that. Nonetheless in response to your comment....what format exists today? Blu Ray. So I would think we can say Sony did win that war.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By StormyJoe

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Nowhere in my post did I say that. Nonetheless in response to your comment....what format exists today? Blu Ray. So I would think we can say Sony did win that war.

Great. They won the war by negotiating studios to go Blu-Ray only, and by bundling the tech into their produces. The same dirty tactics that people accused Microsoft - "the evil Empire" - of doing years before.

But hey, as long as Sony won, who cares about us consumers, right? We'll pay 50% more for your product, right?

Oh wait... Blu Ray is turning out to be a loser format as people switch to streaming media.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 LJS9502_basic

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Great. They won the war by negotiating studios to go Blu-Ray only, and by bundling the tech into their produces. The same dirty tactics that people accused Microsoft - "the evil Empire" - of doing years before.

But hey, as long as Sony won, who cares about us consumers, right? We'll pay 50% more for your product, right?

Oh wait... Blu Ray is turning out to be a loser format as people switch to streaming media.

You brought up the format war dude. I was correcting your false information. Don't cry about it.

Not everyone streams. Some people DO want physical copies. And some of that streaming occurs because you can get free streaming when you buy a physical copy. FYI.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 StormyJoe

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

You brought up the format war dude. I was correcting your false information. Don't cry about it.

Not everyone streams. Some people DO want physical copies. And some of that streaming occurs because you can get free streaming when you buy a physical copy. FYI.

What "false" information?

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I wish I never bought one. My Xbox One is sitting in my closet right now and has been for about a month now. The only thing I want for it is a new Gears. I almost got MKX for it just so it would get some use, but then I remembered how much better the PS4 controller is for everything non FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@gregbmil said:

I wish I never bought one. My Xbox One is sitting in my closet right now and has been for about a month now. The only thing I want for it is a new Gears. I almost got MKX for it just so it would get some use, but then I remembered how much better the PS4 controller is for everything non FPS

Do yourself a favor then and completely trade it in, cut the ties with your Xbox One, I mean you already bought it and gave MS your money so you count as a sale anyways but if you feel better by not utilizing your purchase to it's fullest potential and have it sitting there collecting dust then do you.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos: All that expense, yet it could barely outperform it's chief rival in the HD console market. It was too expensive and hard to develop for.

It outperforms it even with a weaker GPU...hahahahaa

The PS3 was $50 more than live and a 360 but gave you $1,400 worth of hardware beat that MS..hahaha

Been to hard to code has nothing to do with the argument at hand,again you running to hide on irrelevant crap..

So i asked you again if a $600 PS3 was arrogant what the fu** is doing a $500 one that is 50% less powerful than a $400 one..lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#241 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I feel like XBOX as a brand survives mainly for two reasons:

1) Halo. Without Halo, I don't think there would still be an XBOX brand. and,

2) Options. Without the XBOX One, the PS4 would probably dominate console gaming right now. XBOX gives us another option.

I think Microsoft has done some good with the XBOX brand, and I especially feel like they did a lot for gaming last gen. Would console gaming continue to thrive without Microsoft in the mix? Of course. But I feel like without XBOX there, Sony wouldn't really have anyone to push them to do better, and the same would apply to Microsoft.

You need some competition, without it these companies will go stale and get into a rut. That is kind of what is happening to Nintendo now, because of their game development processes remaining largely the same for decades.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#242 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@gregbmil said:

Hardly ever use mine either. Just got Sunset Overdrive and I'm super disappointed with it. After an hour or so with the game I've already grown bored of it.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

It outperforms it even with a weaker GPU...hahahahaa

The PS3 was $50 more than live and a 360 but gave you $1,400 worth of hardware beat that MS..hahaha

Been to hard to code has nothing to do with the argument at hand,again you running to hide on irrelevant crap..

So i asked you again if a $600 PS3 was arrogant what the fu** is doing a $500 one that is 50% less powerful than a $400 one..lol

LOL! I am genuinely shocked that someone like you exists - a defender of PS3's launch price.

Super cow to the end, huh? Wow. Did you get a decoder ring with those udders?

Of all the asinine stances you have taken - and the list is quite long - this is the biggest "WTF" one. I am actually glad you are saying this crap. Now, I can dismiss anything you say as super-fanboy-moo-cow bullshit.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

LOL! I am genuinely shocked that someone like you exists - a defender of PS3's launch price.

Of all the asinine stances you have taken - and the list is quite long - this is the biggest "WTF" one. I am actually glad you are saying this crap. Now, I can dismiss anything you say as super-fanboy-moo-cow bullshit.

Reality...

$500 PS3

$400 xbox 360 + $50 live $450 how can you even debate that is a joke.

When 80% or more of the 360 owners went for the premium and not core and payed $450 to be able to play online,and unlike PSN+ that at least give you 24 games a year,XBL use to give shit but P2P gaming..lol'

The Value wise the PS3 piss all over the xbox 360.

But again why you refuse to answer,what the hell is the xbox one at $500 dollars when is 50% weaker than a $100 dollar cheaper console.

Ultra arrogant.? Or maximum stupidity.?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Reality...

$500 PS3

$400 xbox 360 + $50 live $450 how can you even debate that is a joke.

When 80% or more of the 360 owners went for the premium and not core and payed $450 to be able to play online,and unlike PSN+ that at least give you 24 games a year,XBL use to give shit but P2P gaming..lol'

The Value wise the PS3 piss all over the xbox 360.

But again why you refuse to answer,what the hell is the xbox one at $500 dollars when is 50% weaker than a $100 dollar cheaper console.

Ultra arrogant.? Or maximum stupidity.?

First off, Applies to apples: the PS3 launched at $600, not $500, if you are going to compare the "Elite" 360 instead of the "Arcade".. Considering the damn thing couldn't run games off the BluRay drive, who is going to pay for the cheaper model?

Almost all multiplats were better, to some degree or another, on the 360. IMO, the difference is kind of like the PS4 and XB1, but it's still true.

The XBox One launched at too high of a price point. MS made the same mistake this gen as Sony did last gen. The only difference is they realized it right away, whereas Sony acted like they were the gods of consoles and refused to admit it - maybe because doofuses like you agreed with them.

The Xb1 is not "50% weaker", stupid.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#246 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

So much jelly of Forza Horizon 2's greatness around here.

It's a racing game...

Once you've played one of them, you've played them all.

They appeal to a limited demographic.

The only racing franchise I've ever played that didn't bore me to fucking tears within 20 minutes is Mario Kart.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

First off, Applies to apples: the PS3 launched at $600, not $500, if you are going to compare the "Elite" 360 instead of the "Arcade".. Considering the damn thing couldn't run games off the BluRay drive, who is going to pay for the cheaper model?

Almost all multiplats were better, to some degree or another, on the 360. IMO, the difference is kind of like the PS4 and XB1, but it's still true.

The XBox One launched at too high of a price point. MS made the same mistake this gen as Sony did last gen. The only difference is they realized it right away, whereas Sony acted like they were the gods of consoles and refused to admit it - maybe because doofuses like you agreed with them.

The Xb1 is not "50% weaker", stupid.

That is the problem there is no apple to apple when it comes to PS3 vs xbox 360 else i would have to add HD-DVD add on which was $200.

Unlike the core 360 the core PS3 model wasn't gimped,the $600 model had wifi,media reader and bigger storage,the core 360 didn't even have were to save your game,as latter on was that it started to come with a 64MB memory card.

The first xbox 360 wasn't an elite it was the premium the Elite was introduce latter with bigger drive.

WTF hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........

That bold part really make me laugh,first of all few games install on PS3 the great majority run from blu-ray,second they don't full install,3rd the PS3 HDD could be updated latter on if need it with quite allot cheaper than the xbox 360,most laptop drive would do,i know i change it mine for a 250GB one which cost me less than $90 when the 20GB xbox 360 one was $99.

Oh did i forget to mention you could erase them and install new ones.?

No the difference was quite smaller,almost all game out of the gate this gen were superior on PS4,there is a very small difference between 640p and 720p,but from 720p to 1080p and from 900p to 1080p the gap is way wider.

That second bold part is even more fun,the PS3 went down in price months after coming out just like the xbox one did,MS beat sony by some months.

Yes it is 50% weaker and in some benchmarks (games) it has gaps as big as 100%.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#248  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

@Zelda187 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

It's a racing game...

The only racing franchise I've ever played that didn't bore me to fucking tears within 20 minutes is Mario Kart.

I can say exact same thing about Bloodbourne and RPG's.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#249  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@Zelda187 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

It's a racing game...

I can say exact same thing about Bloodbourne and RPG's.

Sure. I couldn't care less about Bloodborne. It's just another Souls game with faster paced combat. And that's coming from a PS4 owner.

But racing games and fighting games are the undisputed kings of repetitiveness.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 LJS9502_basic

@Zelda187 said:

Sure. I couldn't care less about Bloodborne. It's just another Souls game with faster paced combat. And that's coming from a PS4 owner.

But racing games and fighting games are the undisputed kings of repetitiveness.

Yep. Both of those genres are more or less niche. Not going to sell a ton of consoles.