Is the XBOX brand making a strong case about WHY it exists?

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@PraetorianMan said:

@delta3074 said:

@jcrame10 said:

@Salt_The_Fries: Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One: Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza

Playstation: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon, Parappa The Rapper, Gran Turismo, Need For Speed, Tomb Raider

Playstation2: Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, God Of War, Devil May Cry, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy

Playstation3: Littlebigplanet, Uncharted, Infamous, God of War, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Motorstorm, Resistance, Ratchet & Clank Future, Killzone, Last of Us

When I think of noteworthy console exclusives (at least, for that given time period) this is how it breaks down to.

Am I wrong?

'When I think'

theres your problem, you are not being Objective about it, it's your subjective opinion which isn't winning any arguments

You want to be objective you list Crackdown, PGR, Brute force, perfect dark Zero, Conker,crimson skies, DOA3, Grabbed by the ghoulies,Jet set radio future, Blue dragon,Kingdom under fire,mech assault, Ninja gaiden and unreal championship.

and you can take Tomb raider OFF the Ps1 list, not exclusive, i had the PC version which released Exactly the same day as the Ps1 version and the Sega saturn version.

When it comes to Variety in Exclusives i give the nod to Playstation but only just, it has been proven here time and time again by Stevo that the 360 had just as much Variety in Exclusives as the Ps3 but the Original Xbox did not have the same kind of variety as the Ps2, that really was the 'Shooterbox'

Your list includes a lot of properties that were not particularly good, successful, memorable, or MS has been almost entirely inactive with for years.

It kinda pulls the rug out from under your own argument.

Hmm.. I don't know, I see quite a few good games there all of which were memorable (Crackdown, PGR, PDZ, Crimson Skies, Jet Set Radio, Mech Assault, etc.) but I guess that depends the person eh? But whatever move your goal posts.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#152 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@slim70: would the average gamer know those games more than they would know crash bandicoot, ratchet, god of war, uncharted etc

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 slim70

@jcrame10 said:

@slim70: would the average gamer know those games more than they would know crash bandicoot, ratchet, god of war, uncharted etc

Sure why not? Don't know what kind of stupid point you're trying to make but those games aren't any better than the games that I listed and if you think so then that's just your opinion. Your opinion isn't any more relevant than mine.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#154 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@bobodeclown said:

@LJS9502_basic:

As does every other business. When have you ever heard of a business say "Ya know what.... I think we should get smaller, and make less money."

State the obvious much?

LOL and he called someone Captain Obvious above.

Guess you didn't read my follow up. He's not quite correct.

So you feel Microsoft is one of those business'? In the odd situation you are correct, but give me a break. The majority is obviously looking to grow business and profits.

You don't read very well do you?

Obviously you dont

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Obviously you dont

How childish.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 cainetao11

@LJS9502_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

Obviously you dont

How childish.

Good catching up with you

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#157 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

So ps4 exists because of unchartered? Which is entirely different because reasons

Other than that ps4 has nothing to offer except shitty indies only a few losers care about

Yes youre a hypocrite

I was thinking the same thing. Really the only difference is that the PS4 will get more exclusive Japanese games and the XB1 will get more exclusive American game. They both with get a lot of 3rd party exclusives and a bunch of Indie games, where some with be timed exclusive. Of course the features on each system is a mixed bag.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

I love the fortune 500 ceo's here talking about how MS does nothing for the industry. Just having them in it keeps Sony grounded. We all saw how arrogant they got with the PS3 and needed to come back to earth a bit. Also the online competition made PS+ and therefore MS had to make GWG. Only Cows, of all the fanboy factions, live in this type of reality where a competitor is bad for the industry. Never in human history has competition done any industry bad.

Sony didn't get arrogant with the PS3,selling you and a console that was expensive is not arrogance you idiot,not matter what the PS3 was 10 times better value that the crappy xbox one,and MS was plenty arrogant when they also claimed they would be number one and all the shit talk about getting first to 10 million,bragging about spec making lol worthy charts before the PS3 was even here.

MS didn't bring any one to earth the got lucky because Sony came late with a much more expensive unit,regardless of been a better value it was to expensive for some parts of the market.

Selling you a PS3 for $600 in 2006 was a steal,and sony suffer greatly for it a more than $200 dollar loss per unit,that doesn't seem arrogant to me.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By tormentos

@blackace said:

@Evo_nine said:

So ps4 exists because of unchartered? Which is entirely different because reasons

Other than that ps4 has nothing to offer except shitty indies only a few losers care about

Yes youre a hypocrite

I was thinking the same thing. Really the only difference is that the PS4 will get more exclusive Japanese games and the XB1 will get more exclusive American game. They both with get a lot of 3rd party exclusives and a bunch of Indie games, where some with be timed exclusive. Of course the features on each system is a mixed bag.

lol no...

The PS4 has more games than the xbox one,like 80+ more and most are US games not Japanese..hahahaaa

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 cainetao11

@tormentos said:

@cainetao11 said:

I love the fortune 500 ceo's here talking about how MS does nothing for the industry. Just having them in it keeps Sony grounded. We all saw how arrogant they got with the PS3 and needed to come back to earth a bit. Also the online competition made PS+ and therefore MS had to make GWG. Only Cows, of all the fanboy factions, live in this type of reality where a competitor is bad for the industry. Never in human history has competition done any industry bad.

Sony didn't get arrogant with the PS3,selling you and a console that was expensive is not arrogance you idiot,not matter what the PS3 was 10 times better value that the crappy xbox one,and MS was plenty arrogant when they also claimed they would be number one and all the shit talk about getting first to 10 million,bragging about spec making lol worthy charts before the PS3 was even here.

MS didn't bring any one to earth the got lucky because Sony came late with a much more expensive unit,regardless of been a better value it was to expensive for some parts of the market.

Selling you a PS3 for $600 in 2006 was a steal,and sony suffer greatly for it a more than $200 dollar loss per unit,that doesn't seem arrogant to me.

For the first time I am replying to you without finishing reading your post bro. We have our differences but I have mostly had respect for you. But this time I cant, and will bow out of this gracefully. Everyone but a complete DRONE for a corporation agreed Sony was arrogant going into the PS3 generation. I stopped reading when you called me idiot and will not entertain you further.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@tormentos said:

@cainetao11 said:

Selling a console for $600 at the time isn't arrogant at all, but telling people that's voicing their opinion that they can't afford a $600 console that if you can't get the console then get a second job, that's arrogant and that's what Sony did. And once again a Sony fan with a personal attack on someone for voicing an anti-playstation opinion lol. Why is this guy an idiot?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Of course it's making a great case. The question may be better asked about the one year head start and where Wii u is now? :P

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Thunderdrone:

W/O Xbox, the PS3 would never have come down in price and would have shitty online. W/O Xbox, the PS4 would have cost $700 and had the same shitty online.

Xbox, like any competition, made Sony better. Lemmings should be glad Playstation is here, and cows should be glad Xbox is here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@StormyJoe said:

@Thunderdrone:

W/O Xbox, the PS3 would never have come down in price and would have shitty online. W/O Xbox, the PS4 would have cost $700 and had the same shitty online.

Xbox, like any competition, made Sony better. Lemmings should be glad Playstation is here, and cows should be glad Xbox is here.

Very very true. Gamers need both of them to succeed cause if one goes, they the other has full reign to charge and put out whatever they want, which could be crap games.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#165  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

If the new Crackdown doesn't suck and PlatinumGames doesn't break their exclusivity deal on Scalebound, I'm sure the Xbox brand will stick around.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Thunderdrone:

PS1 - after no xbox competition (launched at 299) tons of exclusives tons of great games cd player

PS2 - after no competition with xbox (launched at 299) tons of exclusives tons of games, dvd player backwards compatible

PS3 - after slight competition with xbox (launched at 599) little exclusives still free online blu-ray backward compatible

PS4 - after heavy competition xbox 360 (launched at 399) little exclusives no backwards compatibility, pay for online, no new technology

stormy walk me through this how exactly did xbox make playstation better when now its, pay for online which xbox started, no backwards compatibility which xbox 360 started, and no new fancy technology now like blu-ray / dvd or anything xbox did nothing to help sony in fact its hurt the console market imo by weakening it and now making it a strong base an seperated it

stormy u literally need to look at the facts before u facts before you say oh but competition made sony stronger LOOK AT WHERE SONYS systems were before xbox look how solid they were every single time an how worse they got once xbox got involved u notice anything stormy u lookin at the diff stuff they have now?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 cainetao11

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

@tormentos said:

@cainetao11 said:

Selling a console for $600 at the time isn't arrogant at all, but telling people that's voicing their opinion that they can't afford a $600 console that if you can't get the console then get a second job, that's arrogant and that's what Sony did. And once again a Sony fan with a personal attack on someone for voicing an anti-playstation opinion lol. Why is this guy an idiot?

Don't forget "360 is Xbox 1.5"; "next gen doesn't start until we say so"; And the promise of 4D and 120 FPS on PS3 which I am still waiting for.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 StormyJoe

@ProtossX said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Thunderdrone:

PS1 - after no xbox competition (launched at 299) tons of exclusives tons of great games cd player

PS2 - after no competition with xbox (launched at 299) tons of exclusives tons of games, dvd player backwards compatible

PS3 - after slight competition with xbox (launched at 599) little exclusives still free online blu-ray backward compatible

PS4 - after heavy competition xbox 360 (launched at 399) little exclusives no backwards compatibility, pay for online, no new technology

stormy walk me through this how exactly did xbox make playstation better when now its, pay for online which xbox started, no backwards compatibility which xbox 360 started, and no new fancy technology now like blu-ray / dvd or anything xbox did nothing to help sony in fact its hurt the console market imo by weakening it and now making it a strong base an seperated it

stormy u literally need to look at the facts before u facts before you say oh but competition made sony stronger LOOK AT WHERE SONYS systems were before xbox look how solid they were every single time an how worse they got once xbox got involved u notice anything stormy u lookin at the diff stuff they have now?

Because Sony, in their arrogance, thought that they could do whatever they wanted after dominating with the PS1 and PS2. Remember "People should think that they should want to work more in order to buy a PS3?" comments? They didn't change their tune until the PS3 was getting it's ass kicked by the 360.

Sony invested a ton of money into PSN because of the success of XBoxLive - seeings how back in 2001, XBoxLive was a big reason to by an Xbox.

The PS4 launced at $399 because they learned their lesson with the PS3.

If you can't see that, I am sorry - I can't fix fanboy stupidity.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

For the first time I am replying to you without finishing reading your post bro. We have our differences but I have mostly had respect for you. But this time I cant, and will bow out of this gracefully. Everyone but a complete DRONE for a corporation agreed Sony was arrogant going into the PS3 generation. I stopped reading when you called me idiot and will not entertain you further.

What was arrogant about sony.?

Elaborate on it please instead of bailing out with crappy excuses.

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Bullshit the whole get 2 jobs was an out of context shit done by troll sites like Kotaku and other.

The head of Sony games Ken Kutaragi said to Japanese economics publication Toyo Keizai today that Sony's PS3 strategy is "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

http://www.engadget.com/2005/07/06/sony-wants-you-to-earn-that-playstation-3/

This is what sony stated on 2005,in fact read the whole article on that link and you will soon see how out of context kuturagi was taken,he never stated get a second job.

In fact that news wasn't even addressing the US market is was for Japan,on some very difficult times.

So yeah people have been accusing sony of been arrogant for something sony never ever stated,it was basically Kuturagi way of saying the PS3 would be expensive.

The whole second job crap was bring by troll sites mocking sony..lol

@StormyJoe said:

@Thunderdrone:

BULLSHIT BULLSHIT AND MORE BULLSHIT.

The PS1 dropped in price before the N64 even hit,the PS2 came in price with the xbox and GC,sony has always done price drop,MS wasn't here and the PS2 was $299 so was the PS1.

shitty online.? You mean with p2p with lag like xbox live has been since fu**ing 2002.? WTF man live was basically a friend list and voice chat on the original xbox and was $50 it was P2P while games like socom on 2002 before even live came out was running on dedicated servers,with voice chat to.

But wait Did the xbox 360 supported co-op with PC.? Because the PS3 did,did the xbox 360 had something like home.? Free the PS3 even supported mods,which you could download free,did you ever saw a 256 player game on xbox 360.? Or a 60 player one.? How about 8 players co-op.?

Where it count sony was even ahead of the xbox 360,gameplay core system and free,while MS was charging you even for netflix.

The only one who can't be alone on this market was MS,they didn't even win last gen,but they believe that they would win so did EA,and the planned console they have faced the biggest backlash ever saw on the console market,to the point were basically everything that defined MS vision for the xbox one was drop or aborted.

They wanted to take right away from people,block used games use 24 hour check up,and spy on you with a damn camera,it was a nightmare,imaging if they would have actually won like sony did with the PS2.

$100 dollar games pay to even hold the controller by the hour.

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Very very true. Gamers need both of them to succeed cause if one goes, they the other has full reign to charge and put out whatever they want, which could be crap games.

Nintendo was a zero to the left on the PS1 gen the Saturn even more,and even that sony sold 100million which no other console had done before,the PS2 was great cheap and powerful with free online play and dvd out of the box.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

BULLSHIT BULLSHIT AND MORE BULLSHIT.

The PS1 dropped in price before the N64 even hit,the PS2 came in price with the xbox and GC,sony has always done price drop,MS wasn't here and the PS2 was $299 so was the PS1.

shitty online.? You mean with p2p with lag like xbox live has been since fu**ing 2002.? WTF man live was basically a friend list and voice chat on the original xbox and was $50 it was P2P while games like socom on 2002 before even live came out was running on dedicated servers,with voice chat to.

But wait Did the xbox 360 supported co-op with PC.? Because the PS3 did,did the xbox 360 had something like home.? Free the PS3 even supported mods,which you could download free,did you ever saw a 256 player game on xbox 360.? Or a 60 player one.? How about 8 players co-op.?

Where it count sony was even ahead of the xbox 360,gameplay core system and free,while MS was charging you even for netflix.

The only one who can't be alone on this market was MS,they didn't even win last gen,but they believe that they would win so did EA,and the planned console they have faced the biggest backlash ever saw on the console market,to the point were basically everything that defined MS vision for the xbox one was drop or aborted.

They wanted to take right away from people,block used games use 24 hour check up,and spy on you with a damn camera,it was a nightmare,imaging if they would have actually won like sony did with the PS2.

$100 dollar games pay to even hold the controller by the hour.

Are you out of your head? Do you really think Sony would have dropped the price of the PS3 (and released the Slim) at $599, it sold like the PS2?

And yes, PSN sucked shit compared to XBL - get over it.

MS changed their policies and dropped their price because of the PS4's sales numbers. If the XB1 was kicking the PS4's ass, all of that would have stayed the same.

I guess I shouldn't be suprised that someone like you wouldn't think anything other than "Sony is the absolute GOD of technology and never does anything wrong!!!"

Tormentos, you are a dumb ass.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

Don't forget "360 is Xbox 1.5"; "next gen doesn't start until we say so"; And the promise of 4D and 120 FPS on PS3 which I am still waiting for.

Where did they call the xbox 1.5.?

They say that about next gen because MS had a fu**ing all out war downplaying the PS3,that comment about the gen start when we say it does was on may 2006,by that time MS had wiped the floor with the PS3,from sitting fake specs like 1 Teraflop which cause sony to counter with an even bigger lie 2 teraflops.

To make pathetic charts about how the xbox 360 was stronger than the PS3,adding bandwidth like if it was oranges,hell on paper the xbox 360 has more bandwidth that the xbox one what the fu**.

You say sony promise 4D and 120FPS.? Yeah MS promise 720p with 4XAA on all games and not even that they could deliver,so excuse me if i don't feel bad.

MS started with lies the xbox 360 wasn't even close to a freaking teraflop.

Do i have to mention the whole we would sell 1 billion xbox 360 crap.?

I think 4D was more achievable by the PS3 than 1 billion xbox 360 sold..lol

http://majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-1-of-4/

How MS make tons of bullshit on that article by Major nelson..lol

Not to mention that they created the whole nicked and dime era,which now plague us where games on launch already have DLC strip or down right locked inside the disc so it can be sold to us.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 cainetao11

@tormentos:

There is no point in debating with you because you are 1000% unable to try to be objective. Salman Rushdie described someone like you in his essay "Is Nothing Sacred?"

"the devotion of the lover is unlike that of the True Believer in that it is not militant. I may be surprised- even shocked- to find that you do not feel as I do about a given book or work of art or even person. I may very well attempt to change your mind; but I will finally accept your tastes, your loves, your business is not mine. The True Believer knows no such restraints. The True Believer knows that he is simply right and you are wrong. He will seek to convert you, even by force, and if he cannot he will, at the very least, despise you for your unbelief."

You are literally incapable of seeing the truth in regards to Sony's arrogance heading into last gen. Selling the console at a loss wasn't humility, that was the norm of console launches. Only now are companies not willing to launch at a major manufacturing loss and that's why we have consoles that are the least powerful in comparison to PC out of the gate. The arrogance was in their attitude that they had no real competition which was evident in the things they have famously said. But you seem to believe these things were taken out of context. Which to me sounds like a fanboy making excuses for bad PR by his corporate lover.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By cainetao11

Dude the difference is I don't deny the stupidity and lies or arrogance of Microsoft. You do when it comes to Sony.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

Are you out of your head? Do you really think Sony would have dropped the price of the PS3 (and released the Slim) at $599, it sold like the PS2?

And yes, PSN sucked shit compared to XBL - get over it.

MS changed their policies and dropped their price because of the PS4's sales numbers. If the XB1 was kicking the PS4's ass, all of that would have stayed the same.

I guess I shouldn't be suprised that someone like you would think anything other than "Sony is the absolute GOD of technology and never does anything wrong!!!"

Tormentos, you are a dumb ass.

All PS consoles before the PS3 received price drops,the PS1 dropped to $199 from $300 which forced Nintendo to lower the price to $199 it is on the history books.

The PS2 also dropped in price several times with the xbox.

Now lets me see..

The PS1 got a slim,the PS2 got a slim so yeah i think the PS3 would also got a slim,and the PS4 will as well,history is there.

No it did not you buffoon,when i was playing Resistance 20 vs 20 online free with no lag,you were probably cursing XBL over Gears of war horrible lag and host advantage issues.

PSN was great the only thing it miss was party chat,which wasn't worth $50 freaking dollars let alone $60 of the price hike,XBL and PSN were just about the same,one just had tons more of screaming kids (live) and had party chat while been $60,other wise both had games that lag and games that run great,like Halo Reach did for me on my xbox 360.

Core gameplay it was the same live just had a pay wall.

When they removed the policies the consoles weren't out,and even so what does that show.? yeah that people didn't want MS shitty vision,and to think they didn't even win last gen imagine how much more they would have mess up if they would have win.

No actually sony did had allot to learn in many things,but pound for pound they have been better than MS is almost everything.

Not as much as you are bro.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By StormyJoe

@tormentos:

Are naturally this big of a fanboy, or do you work at it? So, Sony has corrected no wrongs? The PS3 was priced correctly at launch? It was designed correctly?

I... I honestly do not know what to say. I have never read that level of fanboy bullshit before. Literally dumbfounded.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos:

There is no point in debating with you because you are 1000% unable to try to be objective. Salman Rushdie described someone like you in his essay "Is Nothing Sacred?"

"the devotion of the lover is unlike that of the True Believer in that it is not militant. I may be surprised- even shocked- to find that you do not feel as I do about a given book or work of art or even person. I may very well attempt to change your mind; but I will finally accept your tastes, your loves, your business is not mine. The True Believer knows no such restraints. The True Believer knows that he is simply right and you are wrong. He will seek to convert you, even by force, and if he cannot he will, at the very least, despise you for your unbelief."

You are literally incapable of seeing the truth in regards to Sony's arrogance heading into last gen. Selling the console at a loss wasn't humility, that was the norm of console launches. Only now are companies not willing to launch at a major manufacturing loss and that's why we have consoles that are the least powerful in comparison to PC out of the gate. The arrogance was in their attitude that they had no real competition which was evident in the things they have famously said. But you seem to believe these things were taken out of context. Which to me sounds like a fanboy making excuses for bad PR by his corporate lover.

That wasn't arrogance it was call freaking returning the punch,MS talked allot of shit of the PS3,sony return fire and some how they are arrogant so sad it is that people actually accuse sony of telling people to get a second job when in reality they never stated that.

Look whos talking i even linked you to mayor nelson wall of crap on May 2005,the PS3 specs were not even finish the only thing know was the GPU and CPU,and MS had a freaking parade downplaying the PS3,in business that is call returning the punch.

Fact is what sony did was vs MS not vs the people there is no arrogance in striking some one who is constantly striking you.

Never forget...ahahaaaaaaa

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#177  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Errr, no it's you who is confused dude because the Article says 'Month over month', not 'year over year'

Xbox One Hardware Sales See 84 Percent Increase Month Over Month in February 2015

Please explain How 256k to 276 k is an increase of 84%, it isn't so obviously they are not talking February 2014 vs February 2015 are they? do the maths numbnuts, 276k up from 256k doesn't equate 84% so they can't be talking about what you claim they are, an 84% increase over Feb 2014 would put the numbers closer to the 500k mark you buffoon.

It seems you don't even understand what Month over month actually means

used to compare financialresults, sales, etc. for one month with those in previous months

Previous months, not previous Years mate.

You also have a funny idea about what 84% means , pretty obvious to anyone it's almost double yet you insist on claiming they are talking about a measly 20k+ increase,lol

OK own your self then...

The 84% is sales from January 2015 to February 2015.

The xbox one sold 153k in January and 276k in February as you can see 276k is not double of 153K it is like 84% more or less.

MONTH OVER MONTH that is vs January and is very clear.

The whole record sales is for the xbox one in 1 month,is not the first time MS does that they have claim record sales for the xbox one several times,in fact some times are only for the xbox one,because data of the 360 show it outsold the xbox one in that month in other instances.

So the whole record crap is February 2014 vs February 2015 and the whole 84% is January vs February of this year.

How can the xbox one sold in record numbers when the PS4 won February lemming.?

The XBO sold 276k in February by NPD numbers,on December they sold like 1.2 million so yeah you are wrong and you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1009513

You have been officially owned do the math from 150K and add 84% and see what you get,remember this numbers are not exactly on, they are estimates since NPD doesn't cover all stores but MS sales do,so MS will report higher sales than NPD does.

So 153k NPD January + 84% = 281k basically 5k more than the 276k from NPD so i am right you are not period.

Only you claim the xbox one sold more in February than December when the XBO even outsold the PS4..lol

'The xbox one sold 153k in January and 276k in February as you can see 276k is not double of 153K it is like 84% more or less.'

Xbox One Hardware Sales See 84 Percent Increase Month Over Month in February 2015

Wow, you just gave me that one on a silver plate, you just said i was right and didn't even realize it.

I was actually saying, as did the Article, that sales in Feb this year where higher than January which disproves your BS about sales slowing right down this year after the holiday season, you just took us on a complete runaround just to come to the same conclusion as myself and the article.

I do wonder whether you understand what i write though TBH.

Do you understand what Month over month means now? i wasn't comparing Feb last year to Feb this year dude, we must have got our wires crossed cos i get the feeling you thought i was.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos:

Best description of El Tormented I've ever seen.....bravo my good man.....bravo

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By cainetao11

@tormentos said:

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos:

That wasn't arrogance it was call freaking returning the punch,MS talked allot of shit of the PS3,sony return fire and some how they are arrogant so sad it is that people actually accuse sony of telling people to get a second job when in reality they never stated that.

Look whos talking i even linked you to mayor nelson wall of crap on May 2005,the PS3 specs were not even finish the only thing know was the GPU and CPU,and MS had a freaking parade downplaying the PS3,in business that is call returning the punch.

Fact is what sony did was vs MS not vs the people there is no arrogance in striking some one who is constantly striking you.

Never forget...ahahaaaaaaa

No dude, Sony didn't consider the 360 competition. What fucking guide to business is telling you firing back is not from arrogance? Do you understand what arrogance is? Its believing your shit doesn't smell, in laymen's terms. That's what you are doing right now. I never said MS was a fucking white dove of peace. You always have to bring up something about MS as if I said it or denied it. It was universally said, quoted, and known that Sony was very arrogant about their product's chances of dominating the sales race last gen, and they didn't. And as a result they made some great changes to the development of their next console, where as MS saw a much better gen compared to their first and got extremely arrogant with what they thought the consumer would put up with when it came to the X1. And they got bitch slapped for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@kingtito said:

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos:

Best description of El Tormented I've ever seen.....bravo my good man.....bravo

Touche my good man. Dude's love for a machine with Sony's name on it so admirable but just baffling. You would think he's middle name was Sony. None of these companies are spotless with their messups. Nintendo had there's, Sony had there's and MS is living through there's now but to defend Sony to the death like they did no wrong is just mindless and blind. But now you opened up a can of worms cause in typical Sony fanboy ways, I'm sure he's going to now stoop to insulting and name calling. Prepare yourself.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos:

Are naturally this big of a fanboy, or do you work at it? So, Sony has corrected no wrongs? The PS3 was priced correctly at launch? It was designed correctly?

I... I honestly do not know what to say. I have never read that level of fanboy bullshit before. Literally dumbfounded.

The PS3 was priced right what the fu** it cost sony $850 to make and was been sold for $600 and $500,Blu-ray alone was freaking $1,000 stand alone,the xbox 360 was $400 with no free online play and no blu-ray,for $50 freaking dollars more you could get up to $1,400 worth of hardware.

And it was designed correctly sony always changed things on the slim model you buffoon in fact the PS2 slim added ethernet which the fat din't have.

So again history is there.

The level of fanboysm is on your freaking side blind biased lemming,MS online gaming was just as good or bad as sony's it was just $50 and the $60 unlike on PS3.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 delta3074

@PraetorianMan said:

@delta3074 said:

@jcrame10 said:

@Salt_The_Fries: Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One: Halo, Gears of War, Fable, Forza

Playstation: Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon, Parappa The Rapper, Gran Turismo, Need For Speed, Tomb Raider

Playstation2: Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, God Of War, Devil May Cry, Shadow of the Colossus, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy

Playstation3: Littlebigplanet, Uncharted, Infamous, God of War, Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Motorstorm, Resistance, Ratchet & Clank Future, Killzone, Last of Us

When I think of noteworthy console exclusives (at least, for that given time period) this is how it breaks down to.

Am I wrong?

'When I think'

theres your problem, you are not being Objective about it, it's your subjective opinion which isn't winning any arguments

You want to be objective you list Crackdown, PGR, Brute force, perfect dark Zero, Conker,crimson skies, DOA3, Grabbed by the ghoulies,Jet set radio future, Blue dragon,Kingdom under fire,mech assault, Ninja gaiden and unreal championship.

and you can take Tomb raider OFF the Ps1 list, not exclusive, i had the PC version which released Exactly the same day as the Ps1 version and the Sega saturn version.

When it comes to Variety in Exclusives i give the nod to Playstation but only just, it has been proven here time and time again by Stevo that the 360 had just as much Variety in Exclusives as the Ps3 but the Original Xbox did not have the same kind of variety as the Ps2, that really was the 'Shooterbox'

Your list includes a lot of properties that were not particularly good, successful, memorable, or MS has been almost entirely inactive with for years.

It kinda pulls the rug out from under your own argument.

'Your list includes a lot of properties that were not particularly good, successful, memorable'

Translation: your list includes game that I didn't find Good, successful or memorable

I happen to find most of them good an memorable, thats why i made the list from the top of my head, wouldn't have remembered them if i didn't find them memorable.

Thats the problem really, what you wrote isn't Objective fact, it's a subjective OPINON as is mine.

'It kinda pulls the rug out from under your own argument.'

no it fucking doesn't because i am just venturing forward an OPNION, just as you are, i am Not ARGUING an objective Fact i am DEBATING a difference in opinion

And from my time on this board i a have seen a TON of people asking for a conker remake, whenever we talk about RARE it comes up.

And are you seriously saying, in your opinion, that people don't find Dead or Alive, Unreal championship, jet set radio, perfect dark and Ninja gaiden to be Good, Successful and memorable franchises.

Question, when did you start gaming?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 tormentos

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Touche my good man. Dude's love for a machine with Sony's name on it so admirable but just baffling. You would think he's middle name was Sony. None of these companies are spotless with their messups. Nintendo had there's, Sony had there's and MS is living through there's now but to defend Sony to the death like they did no wrong is just mindless and blind. But now you opened up a can of worms cause in typical Sony fanboy ways, I'm sure he's going to now stoop to insulting and name calling. Prepare yourself.

The best part is how cainetao11 bail out basically because i prove how MS was first with the whole arrogant shit and attacks.

@cainetao11 said:

No dude, Sony didn't consider the 360 competition. What fucking guide to business is telling you firing back is not from arrogance? Do you understand what arrogance is? Its believing your shit doesn't smell, in laymen's terms. That's what you are doing right now. I never said MS was a fucking white dove of peace. You always have to bring up something about MS as if I said it or denied it. It was universally said, quoted, and known that Sony was very arrogant about their product's chances of dominating the sales race last gen, and they didn't. And as a result they made some great changes to the development of their next console, where as MS saw a much better gen compared to their first and got extremely arrogant with what they thought the consumer would put up with when it came to the X1. And they got bitch slapped for it.

You are an idiot what sony did vs MS was just freaking business after MS did nothing but step on them,so if sony say the gen doesn't start until we say so,yeah arrogance my ass when you are constantly lying and attacking me,sites even make out that sony asked people to get 2 jobs WTF man but i guess you are to much butthurt to admit that.

Fact is it was a war and sony showing confidence vs a relentless company who downplay its system without even knowing how it work it is a joke.

Did you know Major nelson call SPE Useless DSP.? Hahaha how shock it was those SPE which allowed the PS3 to beat the xbox 360 graphically by offloading GPU task.

DETAILED ANALYSIS OF PERFORMANCE SPECIFICATIONS

CPU

The Xbox 360 processor was designed to give game developers the power that they actually need, in an easy to use form. The Cell processor has impressive streaming floating-point power that is of limited use for games.

The majority of game code is a mixture of integer, floating-point, and vector math, with lots of branches and random memory accesses. This code is best handled by a general purpose CPU with a cache, branch predictor, and vector unit.

The Cell’s seven DSPs (what Sony calls SPEs) have no cache, no direct access to memory, no branch predictor, and a different instruction set from the PS3’s main CPU. They are not designed for or efficient at general purpose computing. DSPs are not appropriate for game programming.

Xbox 360 has three general purpose CPU cores. The Cell processor has only one.

Xbox 360’s CPUs has vector processing power on each CPU core. Each Xbox 360 core has 128 vector registers per hardware thread, with a dot product instruction, and a shared 1-MB L2 cache. The Cell processor’s vector processing power is mostly on the seven DSPs.

Dot products are critical to games because they are used in 3D math to calculate vector lengths, projections, transformations, and more. The Xbox 360 CPU has a dot product instruction, where other CPUs such as Cell must emulate dot product using multiple instructions.

Cell’s streaming floating-point work is done on its seven DSP processors. Since geometry processing is moved to the GPU, the need for streaming floating-point work and other DSP style programming in games has dropped dramatically.

Just like with the PS2’s Emotion Engine, with its missing L2 cache, the Cell is designed for a type of game programming that accounts for a minor percentage of processing time.

Sony’s CPU is ideal for an environment where 12.5% of the work is general-purpose computing and 87.5% of the work is DSP calculations. That sort of mix makes sense for video playback or networked waveform analysis, but not for games. In fact, when analyzing real games one finds almost the opposite distribution of general purpose computing and DSP calculation requirements. A relatively small percentage of instructions are actually floating point. Of those instructions which are floating-point, very few involve processing continuous streams of numbers. Instead they are used in tasks like AI and path-finding, which require random access to memory and frequent branches, which the DSPs are ill-suited to.

Based on measurements of running next generation games, only ~10-30% of the instructions executed are floating point. The remainders of the instructions are load, store, integer, branch, etc. Even fewer of the instructions executed are streaming floating point?”probably ~5-10%. Cell is optimized for streaming floating-point, with 87.5% of its cores good for streaming floating-point and nothing else.

What you call arrogance i call every day fight from 2 competitors,MS started the dirty play.

Major nelson face after seeing Uncharted 1 beating Gears graphically most had been epic,after all the crap he talked about cell.

What about the first guy to sell 10 million wins.?

There was no arrogance all i saw was a damn fight,showing trying to show confidence rather than been arrogant,after all they were the leaders and if the PS3 would have been $400 the history would have been much difference than it was,probably like it is today.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

'The xbox one sold 153k in January and 276k in February as you can see 276k is not double of 153K it is like 84% more or less.'

Wow, you just gave me that one on a silver plate, you just said i was right and didn't even realize it.

I was actually saying, as did the Article, that sales in Feb this year where higher than January which disproves your BS about sales slowing right down this year after the holiday season, you just took us on a complete runaround just to come to the same conclusion as myself and the article.

I do wonder whether you understand what i write though TBH.

Do you understand what Month over month means now? i wasn't comparing Feb last year to Feb this year dude, we must have got our wires crossed cos i get the feeling you thought i was.

Ok this is simple...

You claimed the xbox one sold on record and that it sold more than Christmas.

@delta3074 said:

'January vs December which show how totally it slowed down'

it didn't though, thats the point, the xbone sold BETTER in February this year than it did over christmas

It did not the xbox one sold 1.2 millions on December and more or less the same in November is sold in 2 month 2.4 million units on Christmas.

In January and February the xbox one sold 439k combined.

2.4 million vs 429k is almost 2 million units more,so yeah the freaking sales of the xbox one slowed down after the holiday because what they sold on the holidays by allot surpass what they sold in January in February just because February sales spike vs january doesn't mean i was wrong because compare to December the xbox one sold like shit in February it sold almost 5 times more in december vs february and like 9 times better in Chrismas vs february.

You are wrong.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 cainetao11

@tormentos:

"You are an idiot"

And you are an immature child who lives in denial. Don't quote me or converse with me anymore please. You cant have a civil discussion then you're a baby

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 jcrame10

@delta3074: idk I agree with that guy. I highly doubt any of the games you mentioned reached GENERAL success, reception and sales, opinions aside. Games like uncharted, crash, god of war etc sold 5 million per game!

Idk if you were talking to him or me, but my first console was the Super Nintendo

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#187 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

the best console ms ever produced was the original xbox. its been downhill ever since.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos:

Out of curiosity do you know what the production costs and R and D costs were? I mean as consumers we can say the console was priced higher than we were willing to pay but I would be curious as to your knowledge about "priced correctly".

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 kingtito

@jsmoke03 said:

the best console ms ever produced was the original xbox. its been downhill ever since.

Congrats...you just reached El Tormented lvls of stupid. That's actually quiet an achievement these days. /golf clap

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 kingtito

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos:

Out of curiosity do you know what the production costs and R and D costs were? I mean as consumers we can say the console was priced higher than we were willing to pay but I would be curious as to your knowledge about "priced correctly".

I believe he's trying to say that Sony was so arrogant they built a $600 console thinking people would actually pay for it. Doesn't matter how much Sony lost per sale, the fact that they even had the audacity to put something like that out to the public was asinine. They followed up by making even dumber statements like "people will get a 2nd job to buy a PS3, Next gen doesn't start till we say it does". They were wrong and people voiced their opinions with their wallets.

Sony's been arrogant since the end of PS1 days.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 slim70

@jsmoke03 said:

Lmao! Ok.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos:

"You are an idiot"

And you are an immature child who lives in denial. Don't quote me or converse with me anymore please. You cant have a civil discussion then you're a baby

MS was the first to show arrogance before Sony? Really Tormentos? LMAO you are too much and too funny. You got your blinders on full blast that you overlook how arrogant Sony was going into the PS3/360 era. But keep believing that.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 delta3074

@jcrame10 said:

@delta3074: idk I agree with that guy. I highly doubt any of the games you mentioned reached GENERAL success, reception and sales, opinions aside. Games like uncharted, crash, god of war etc sold 5 million per game!

Idk if you were talking to him or me, but my first console was the Super Nintendo

Ninja gaiden wasn't a genral success i suggest you read up on your gaming history sunshine

Ninja gaiden=91/100 on metacritic dude and it sold Half a million in it's first month out, higher than most of the games he listed in scores

Those games DID reach general success and they had good reception (most of them are over 80/100 on metacritc) and over a million each in sales.

Read up on the games i listed instead of just talking bollocks.

'i highly doubt'

You are highly wrong my friend, because Ninja gaiden , PGR , Unreal championship and kingdom under fire hold higher metacritic ratings than most of the games you guys listed.

Don't be an idiot and just dismiss what other people say out of hand with lame excuses like 'i highly doubt.....'

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos:

The PS3 was priced right what the fu** it cost sony $850 to make and was been sold for $600 and $500,Blu-ray alone was freaking $1,000 stand alone,the xbox 360 was $400 with no free online play and no blu-ray,for $50 freaking dollars more you could get up to $1,400 worth of hardware.

And it was designed correctly sony always changed things on the slim model you buffoon in fact the PS2 slim added ethernet which the fat din't have.

So again history is there.

The level of fanboysm is on your freaking side blind biased lemming,MS online gaming was just as good or bad as sony's it was just $50 and the $60 unlike on PS3.

My God in heaven, I have never seen a blind fanboy to this level. Dude, just dont respond to my posts - I am so going to bring this up every single time.

You are a buffoon.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 StormyJoe

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos:

It doesn't matter - the fact is that produced a product that was too expensive for the market.

Has every fucking cow given in to revisionist history? Dude, just spend 5 minutes doing some research via Google.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 jcrame10

@delta3074: sooo...4 xbox exclusive game series with high scores and sales, still compared to the 20 or so ps franchises I listed

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 tormentos

@cainetao11 said:

@tormentos:

"You are an idiot"

Oh really so i am immature because i tell you how silly the whole notion of sony been arrogant was.? But wait what MS arrogance you have admit here.? You refuse to see all the things i showed you,so sony most have remain quiet and allow MS loud mouth and say nothing.?

Sony showing confidence vs an adversary that was using every dirty trick in the book to fight isn't arrogance,i even proved how sony word about the whole second job crap was way out of context,what Sony did wasn't worse than what MS did when they claimed they would win the generation.

@kingtito said:

I believe he's trying to say that Sony was so arrogant they built a $600 console thinking people would actually pay for it. Doesn't matter how much Sony lost per sale, the fact that they even had the audacity to put something like that out to the public was asinine. They followed up by making even dumber statements like "people will get a 2nd job to buy a PS3, Next gen doesn't start till we say it does". They were wrong and people voiced their opinions with their wallets.

Sony's been arrogant since the end of PS1 days.

So let me see expending $850 to make a console and selling it for $600 some how was arrogant.? WTF man.

That is some horseshit stupidity right there,the PS3 was $600 because it pack hardware which was way more expensive than MS crappy xbox 360,even the $500 unit was way better than the xbox 360 premium,Blu-ray alone was $1,000 dollars man and you could get it for $50 more than an xbox 360 with live.

In fact even at $600 dollars world wide the PS3 was outselling the xbox 360...lol

They never stated that people would get 2 jobs moron,i even quoted Kuturagi comment in no place say anything about 2 jobs,that was out of context crap sites like Kotaku started making up,Kuturagi never stated get 2 jobs.,

The head of Sony games Ken Kutaragi said to Japanese economics publication Toyo Keizai today that Sony's PS3 strategy is "for consumers to think to themselves 'I will work more hours to buy one'. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else."

http://www.engadget.com/2005/07/06/sony-wants-you-to-earn-that-playstation-3/

Completely out of context what Kuturagi stated,it was troll sites which started the whole 2 job crap,just like they name Kilzone Halo killer it was never sony.

The bullshit make on this industry is outstanding.

The whole the gen start when we say so was fighting back vs MS who was claiming how they would win the generation the only people that take that as been arrogant are lemmings and other type of fanboys.

Oh please it was the $600 price what keep people from sky diving into the PS3 if the unit would have been $399 it would have ended the xbox 360 lead by the first 15 months.

The unit was to expensive for most people,even that the value it had far surpassed the xbox 360 which didn't even have a damn HDMI port on launch,a console that was sold over an HD era propaganda.

Yeah they were so arrogant since the days of the PS1 days,that is the reason sony walked all over MS,Nintendo and sega and put the unit as the most sold console in the history of gaming.

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

MS was the first to show arrogance before Sony? Really Tormentos? LMAO you are too much and too funny. You got your blinders on full blast that you overlook how arrogant Sony was going into the PS3/360 era. But keep believing that.

Bullshit tell that to major nelson and his magic charts.

We will sell 1 billion xbox 360 in the HD ERA.

The first to the 10 million line win the generation.

We ave the most powerful console ever..lol

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

I rather have a Sega console in the market than a MS one!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

My God in heaven, I have never seen a blind fanboy to this level. Dude, just dont respond to my posts - I am so going to bring this up every single time.

You are a buffoon.

Look in the mirror you soon see one bigger.

You are a joke you claim the consoles wasn't price right when sony was losing freaking $250 per unit while not charging for online play like MS did,the only good thing most people tag MS as doing good is Live and has been a complete rip off for 11 years.

Fact is you are wrong there were 2 slim models before the PS3 even existed so yeah it was known that a slim PS3 was coming,guess what other console didn't have a slim version ever.? Hell the slim 360 arrived in 2010 the xbox 360 was 5 years,the PS3 deliver on 3 years that much MS sucks doing hardware.

@StormyJoe said:

It doesn't matter - the fact is that produced a product that was too expensive for the market.

Has every fucking cow given in to revisionist history? Dude, just spend 5 minutes doing some research via Google.

Really because MS release the freaking xbox one for $500 and blu-ray this days is ultra cheap,and Kinect is a piece of plastic that didn't even have its own processors it used 10% of the xbox one GPU..lol

You are the one that should do some research the PS consoles always have slim models it goes back to the first 1 call PSone..lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos:

lol, got to love fanboys, especially Sony one's. They can never just admit and see when Sony is wrong or at fault for something. It's always MS this or Nintendo that smh.