Is the X1's 720p thing the biggest gripe it has?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

I was actually going to keep my X1 pre order, but after the whole 720p controversy I had to cancel it. With all the shit wrong with the X1 I would have let it go if it can simply play games at 1080 and not 720p.

whats the biggest fail for the X1?

#2 Edited by LanceSSJ (880 posts) -

You d realize the 720p issues are most likely driver issues and post launch games will be alot more optimized

#3 Posted by Heil68 (44450 posts) -

My biggest issue is forced Kinect(lol) and MS dropping core in 2009.

#4 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3568 posts) -

System sounds pretty good if its biggest problem is its resolution.

#5 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

My biggest issue is forced Kinect(lol) and MS dropping core in 2009.

#6 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

System sounds pretty good if its biggest problem is its resolution.

wtf?

#7 Posted by TehBamboozler (12 posts) -

If this proves to be a thing, (PS4 games running at 1080, X1 at 720) it will be a huge deal. The difference between the two is much more important than many people seem to think.

I find this particularly funny since MSFT is basically marketing Ghosts as one of the Xbox One's must have launch titles and getting timed exclusive DLC and stuff.

#8 Posted by Crypt_mx (4098 posts) -

So your biggest issue is something that is just a rumor? Can we at least wait until the console comes out and we get some official statements before we start listing our gripes? The problems your speaking of may not exist at all.

#9 Posted by kitty (114729 posts) -

no the biggest gripe is you guys making it out like all games are 720p when they aren't

#10 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6255 posts) -

Biggest issue with XB1 is no exclusives worth buying.

720p is just insult to injury.

If you're a console jockey at least get a PS4, you'll still have almost no games but you'll at least have a decent piece of equipment to show for your hard earned cash.

#11 Posted by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

Like the consolites from the old age, I can't see a difference between 1080p and 720p, so I'm not troubled by such trivial matters.

#12 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21724 posts) -

People cancelling pre-order because games are in 720p is hilarious, you didn't see them complain last gen, even when MGS4 or some 360 exclusive weren't even in HD.

I for one don't mind 720p or 1080p, although i prefer 1080p of course but it's no problem if it's 720p, below 720p is when i will have a problem and i doubt we'll see games in sub HD again, lowest you'll get is 720 which most consle gamers were fine with.

#13 Edited by Netret0120 (2144 posts) -

The new RROD is the main gripe

You know it will happen. It's as inevitable as it is that you breathe

#14 Posted by TitanExtremer (66 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

This is the only Playstation 4 i have ever seen and it was broken, after only two days according to the store clerk.

Now question is, for whom is this going to be a problem. Xbox One or PS4. I feel RROD has been replaced by RLOD.

#15 Edited by GhoX (5006 posts) -

The higher price tag is a lot more influential on consumers. TC shouldn't pretend. Everyone knows that you've never considered Xbox 1 for even a second.

#16 Posted by Jag85 (4469 posts) -

They should have just kept the name Xbox 720...

#17 Posted by bezza2011 (2514 posts) -

i like how there are loads of people coming out of the wood work now, saying resolution doesn't matter, and yet a few weeks ago it was frame rate doesn't matter.

to be honest it all matters, we had a whole gen of it being 720p pretty much, to go into a new console for the next 7 years i am expecting better resolution 1080p should bhe the norm if not around that mark at least, frame rate is the one what doesn't matter to much as long as we stay at 30fps, i mean some games will benefit being 60 but a few won't need it, 1080p matters.

i'm not that worried in the long run but it is a scary thought that out of the get fuirst party games on xbox one are 720p, forza5 being 1080p 60fps because they don't have weather in it, it's abit of a sacrifice, even killer instinct being 720p is very worrying i mean the game isn't even a total full game and it's a fighting game this should be able to reach 1080p 60fps surely. it is a little worrying but we'll see, i see this as i more of a rush to get out than anything wrong with the hardware.

#18 Posted by Caseytappy (2135 posts) -

For me this :

http://abload.de/img/picarddrawstheline6css6.gif

#19 Posted by Supabul (3862 posts) -

SW the place where the same handful of people post and argue about the same crap over and over again

#20 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

I was actually going to keep my X1 pre order, but after the whole 720p controversy I had to cancel it. With all the shit wrong with the X1 I would have let it go if it can simply play games at 1080 and not 720p.

You never had a pre-order.

#21 Edited by tenaka2 (17037 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

The poor performance is a big issue, but the built in always on spycam, over pricing and fanbase are also huge problems.

Bring out a SD console at this time is a very poor move.

#22 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25692 posts) -

It can do great looking games in at least 900p so no. I wouldn't place too much importance in a launch cross gen game that looks like something I stepped in, no matter the console. The loss of Allard, Bach, etc and the fuckers within MS gaming division today are the biggest fail, what with the poorly prepared rush job the console is.

#23 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

720p vs 1080p is irrelevant in console gaming. While it looks good on paper, you can't tell the difference unless you either sit very close to the screen or have a giant set.

#24 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

I woulds say yes for the launch games as you have two big ones in BF4 and CoD. Provided the rumors are true. If both games turn out to be 900 upscaled to 1080p no one will care. But if both are 720 on the One and 1080p on the PS4 that's big. The OS stuff is and will continue to be a work in progress going forward for both consoles. MS best strategy is launch itself. All rumors and BS talk fry out the window as people will get individual hands on and can judge everything for themselves. At that point it'll sink or swim not based on internet rumors and sources, but on what the system can actually do in your livingroom.

#25 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6517 posts) -

My bigest issue is the security concerns, both what MS had originally planned (and I am not convinced that they will reimplement atleast half when the user base is big enough), and outside sources hacking and misusing them.

#26 Edited by menes777 (2643 posts) -

$500 for some 720p??? LOL

#27 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

@TitanExtremer said:

@Netret0120 said:

This is the only Playstation 4 i have ever seen and it was broken, after only two days according to the store clerk.

Now question is, for whom is this going to be a problem. Xbox One or PS4. I feel RROD has been replaced by RLOD.

Because the store demo that get's played to death and is enclosed in a plastic box with no ventilation is indicative of how the PS4 will be primarily played and stored...

#28 Edited by TitanExtremer (66 posts) -

@Netherscourge: Yet Sony Designed these demo stations themselves and it only took them two days to kill it. Besides I am yet to hear of an Xbox One having these issue's, and funny enough it's that console everyone is worried about.

#29 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2885 posts) -

Xbox one looks incredible, Microsoft will go all out, they do not like being behind.

They will do everything they can to beat Sony, expect greatness the entire gen. Meanwhile Sony will become arrogant again and give the gamers nothing until year 3-4.