Is the PS3 comeback to beat the 360 in sales the greatest in gaming history?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by moistsandwich (0 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheEroica"]

17 pages of butthurt from cows claiming some type of victory for a console that singlehandedly lost massive market share and brand dominance, dozens of exclusives and numerous fiascos only to be roughly tied with a 7 year old console whos company sold only 20 million consoles last gen... this is pretty sad even by cow standards.... like claiming victory for falling off a horse and landing in shiit faster than the competition.... man these 7 years have really scrambled your brain huh?

KarateeeChop

if brain damage is ever contagious, i think i might get it just from reading all the cow rage in the last few days. :lol:

LOL... your gif pretty much says it all

#352 Posted by Phazevariance (10969 posts) -
[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"][QUOTE="TheDidact"]Cows: (2006-2012) Sales don't matter. Cows: (11/2012) YEAHHHH OUR NOVEMBER NUMBERS BEAT M$ SEPTEMBER NUMBERS!!!! SDC!!! BUTTHURT BUTTHURT!!! Everybody: So what games do you have this year? Cows: HAHA YOU'RE SO BUTTHURT!!!! Everybody: What games do you have? Cows: WE HAVE BILLIONS OF EXCLUSIVES!!!!! Everybody: Like? Cows: MGS4, THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE AND UNCHARTED 2, THE HOGHEST SCORING GAME OF ALL TIME!!!!! Everybody: This year? Cows: HALO 4 SUCKS!!!!! Everybody: Why? Cows: BECAUSE IT DIDN'T GET 10/10 EVERYWHERE!!!!! WE HAVE THE NUMBER 1 SELLING CONSOLE EVER MADE!!!! Everybody: We're going to go back to playing games now. Cows: HA!! YOU'RE SO BUTTHURT!!!! YOU'RE JELLY CUZ WE HAS MORE SALES AND BILLIONS OF EXCLUSIVES!!!!

:lol:

Hmm.. someone's been documenting system wars.
#353 Posted by maxon27 (76 posts) -

http://gamer.blorge.com/2012/11/17/ps3-lifetime-sales-surpasses-70-million-units-fastest-selling-hd-console/

Ouch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-jpkoQ9b5Y

Ouch again paying to use dlc.

Question: can you play bf3 multiplayer maps on silver membership? No what about cod? Mass effect 3? No oh guess you DO rent your own dlc.

Gotta hurt that PMSL

#354 Posted by maxon27 (76 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnIdf-O8Qjc

Who's ruined the gaming industry?

Damm you may need some tam pax for that hole? Pmsl

#355 Posted by delta3074 (18271 posts) -

http://gamer.blorge.com/2012/11/17/ps3-lifetime-sales-surpasses-70-million-units-fastest-selling-hd-console/

Ouch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-jpkoQ9b5Y

Ouch again paying to use dlc.

Question: can you play bf3 multiplayer maps on silver membership? No what about cod? Mass effect 3? No oh guess you DO rent your own dlc.

Gotta hurt that PMSL

maxon27
Depends on the DLC, i don't buy multiplayer maps, all the DLC i buy is offline because i don't game online,so NO, i don't rent my and i don't care about your opinion, you lost all credibility when you said you had to pay to back up your achievements on XBL, i suggest you go away and seriouslty change your attitude if you wanrt people to take you even remotely seriously.
#356 Posted by GreySeal9 (24263 posts) -

This thread proves that cows are the worst.

#357 Posted by maxon27 (76 posts) -

GreySeal9

This thread proves that when the shoe is on the other foot, them xbots can't handle it pmsl.

360 all about the games....yeah 4-5 years ago.

Xbl is the better service.....yeah till you realised that you pay to use Free social networking features, video chat, achievement archive, pretty much everything. Rent your own games and dlc lol.

360 sells more...no it don't and never really did. It only had the lead because of it's earlier release (plus them dodgy systems MS flogged us).

Guess the truth does hurt PMSL.

#358 Posted by delta3074 (18271 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

maxon27

This thread proves that when the shoe is on the other foot, them xbots can't handle it pmsl.

Xbl is the better service.....yeah till you realised that you pay to use Free social networking features, video chat, achievement archive, pretty much everything. Rent your own games and dlc lol.

360 sells more...no it don't and never really did. It only had the lead because of it's earlier release (plus them dodgy systems MS flogged us).

360 otsold the Ps3 worldwide last year by 800,000 units so the Ps3 has not always been selling at a faster rate, and i don't rent my games, i buy them, i don't have to pay an XBL gold fee to play my games and there are a lot of games out there that don't require online Play at all, Assassins creed 3, Skyrim, Rage, Dragons dogma and a few games that you cannot even get on the Ps3 like the witcher 2, Gothic 4, Ego draconis, Risen and darkstar one to name but a few, And will you please stop trying to claim that you have to Pay to back up your achievements, YOU DON'T
#359 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

GreySeal9

It also proves that lems are to butthurt to not let this go by.

#360 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
[QUOTE="maxon27"]

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

i think the biggest mistake microsoft made this gen aside from RROD was not releasing or developing many games, it pretty much secured last place for itself
#361 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
^^^ also milking its users with peripherals such as hard drives, and wireless adapters, and tricking them into thinking the 360 was the cheapest also secured last place for the 360
#362 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27761 posts) -
Oh look a couple of alts congratulating each other for page after page on each others untruths :lol: Now I see why WLB calls cows charlie sheens, winning no matter what!
#363 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
Oh look a couple of alts congratulating each other for page after page on each others untruths :lol: Now I see why WLB calls cows charlie sheens, winning no matter what!blue_hazy_basic
how is last place 360 treating you?
#364 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27761 posts) -

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Oh look a couple of alts congratulating each other for page after page on each others untruths :lol: Now I see why WLB calls cows charlie sheens, winning no matter what!PinnacleGamingP

Hows reality treating you?Charlie-Sheen-Winning-Duh.jpg

#365 Posted by delta3074 (18271 posts) -
^^^ also milking its users with peripherals such as hard drives, and wireless adapters, and tricking them into thinking the 360 was the cheapest also secured last place for the 360PinnacleGamingP
i got my 360 WITH a HDD for 140 quid less than a Ps3 would cost, wireless is optional but the 360 now has it as standard anyway, At least MS added stuff to the 360 like wireless, Extra USB ports and support for Flash memory and didn't take anything away like OtherOS, USB ports, backwards compatibility, etc,etc. And at least ididn't have to pay out Extra for a HDMI cable to Play in HD,lol.
#366 Posted by delta3074 (18271 posts) -
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Oh look a couple of alts congratulating each other for page after page on each others untruths :lol: Now I see why WLB calls cows charlie sheens, winning no matter what!PinnacleGamingP

it's not in last place, they are both tied at 70 million, get over yourself,lol
#367 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]^^^ also milking its users with peripherals such as hard drives, and wireless adapters, and tricking them into thinking the 360 was the cheapest also secured last place for the 360delta3074
i got my 360 WITH a HDD for 140 quid less than a Ps3 would cost, wireless is optional but the 360 now has it as standard anyway, At least MS added stuff to the 360 like wireless, Extra USB ports and support for Flash memory and didn't take anything away like OtherOS, USB ports, backwards compatibility, etc,etc. And at least ididn't have to pay out Extra for a HDMI cable to Play in HD,lol.

Don't forget "Rumble is last gen" *6 months later* "Here's a 50 euro rumble controller, SUCK IT you loyal early adoptors!"
#368 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27761 posts) -
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]Oh look a couple of alts congratulating each other for page after page on each others untruths :lol: Now I see why WLB calls cows charlie sheens, winning no matter what!delta3074

it's not in last place, they are both tied at 70 million, get over yourself,lol

If you want to be pedantic the 360 is ahead, but cows are just in full rage/tears mode
#369 Posted by nitekids2004 (2979 posts) -

This is like a buzzer beater after trailing the whole time.

Sony really is the best.

#370 Posted by StormyJoe (5378 posts) -

[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="maxon27"] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAE-Ui9OmFA Ouch Microsoft support confirming that a banned user must buy another xbox360 to get back online. Oh but don't tell me, it don't count because it don't suit you? Pmsl you 360 sheep are such sore losers.maxon27
So how many re-buys because of that then? How many PS3 re-buys because of YLOD? How many PS3 re-buys because of lasers going bad? You know what's sad is cows claiming ownage after saying sales don't matter for the past 6-7 years. What's also sad is claiming sales ownage on numbers just released by comparing them to numbers release almost 2 months ago. Cow are truly the saddest bunch on SWs

The number of ps3 from hardware failure was within the acceptable level. Xbox360 on the other hand BEFORE the extended 3 year warranty was 57%. Microsoft made a statement about the high level of failure and offered the 3 year warranty. No company would do that if they was within the acceptable level. It is a fact 360 was NOT within the acceptable level. http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-failure-rates-are-reportedly-down-ps3-failure-rates-just-generation-comes-to-a-close/ Yeah bit of a different story don't you think.

maxon27, your point is still moot. You have no idea how many players were banned. Just like I don't know how many PS3's were sold to people who just wanted to use it as a Blu-Ray player.

Your point is BASELESS. Get over your conspiracy theory.

#371 Posted by delta3074 (18271 posts) -

[QUOTE="maxon27"][QUOTE="kingtito"] So how many re-buys because of that then? How many PS3 re-buys because of YLOD? How many PS3 re-buys because of lasers going bad? You know what's sad is cows claiming ownage after saying sales don't matter for the past 6-7 years. What's also sad is claiming sales ownage on numbers just released by comparing them to numbers release almost 2 months ago. Cow are truly the saddest bunch on SWsStormyJoe

The number of ps3 from hardware failure was within the acceptable level. Xbox360 on the other hand BEFORE the extended 3 year warranty was 57%. Microsoft made a statement about the high level of failure and offered the 3 year warranty. No company would do that if they was within the acceptable level. It is a fact 360 was NOT within the acceptable level. http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-failure-rates-are-reportedly-down-ps3-failure-rates-just-generation-comes-to-a-close/ Yeah bit of a different story don't you think.

maxon27, your point is still moot. You have no idea how many players were banned. Just like I don't know how many PS3's were sold to people who just wanted to use it as a Blu-Ray player.

Your point is BASELESS. Get over your conspiracy theory.

Guys a total Idiot, he tried claiming that you have to pay to back up your achievements on XBox live and that you are only renting your games on the 360, i proved him wrong on a number of occasions but he still Kept on saying the same Crap over and over, His user name should have been 'ostrich' because he clearly has his head buried in the Sand.
#372 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
[QUOTE="nitekids2004"]

Sony really is the best.

#373 Posted by delta3074 (18271 posts) -
Cows jump the Gun and post figure without checking ther legitimacy, people research and find out that figures are combined Hardware sales, Cows Deny the truth and go into full on Rage damage control, seems to me that the only people who have a problem with both consoles being tied for sales are a few Lems and the vast majortiy of Cows, the problem with this is that it's so f***ing circular, it's the same thing time and again, Cows are just TOO predictable,lol Who really cares at the end of the day, Both consoles are a commercial success even if one of them isn't a financial success, both have a solid install base, Both have a reasonable amount of quality Exclusives and games.
#374 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7797 posts) -

Sony really is the best.

nitekids2004
So much this.
#375 Posted by PressXtoJump (1493 posts) -
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="nitekids2004"]

Sony really is the best.

So much this.

#376 Posted by Wasdie (49907 posts) -

It hasn't beat 360 sales yet.

Anyways, the PS3 has been kind of surprising given it's terrible launch. Too bad it has costed Sony far more than they got out of it.

#377 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1742 posts) -

So the Cows are trying to declare a Ruiz Victory for the PS3. What is a Ruiz Victory?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosie_Ruiz

Rosie Ruiz Vivas (born 1953, Havana, Cuba) is a Cuban American who achieved notoriety when she was declared the winner in the female category for the 84th Boston Marathon in 1980, only to have her title stripped after it was discovered that she had not run the entire course.

#378 Posted by maxon27 (76 posts) -

OMG YOU BOTS ARE DUMB.

@StormyJoe

So let me get this right. Your comparing someone buying a system for what ever purpose they want it for to a company randomly banning people with NO explanation to why? Baaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaa some deluded sheep up in here.

First off,for the banning to get on to UK tv programme WATCHDOG who deal with unfair trading etc it has to be a very large number before they even look at it. This is a FACT.

Now when black ops 1 was released it was reported on uk radio station radio one that MILLIONS have been banned from xbl.

Now if you can't tell the difference between someone choosing to buy a system for what ever purpose to a company committing unlawful acts then their is truly something wrong with the xbox360 community? .

What a bunch of sad little people you are. Shocking!.

Still the facis I

#379 Posted by SecretPolice (22054 posts) -

OMG YOU BOTS ARE DUMB.

@StormyJoe

So let me get this right. Your comparing someone buying a system for what ever purpose they want it for to a company randomly banning people with NO explanation to why? Baaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaa some deluded sheep up in here.

First off,for the banning to get on to UK tv programme WATCHDOG who deal with unfair trading etc it has to be a very large number before they even look at it. This is a FACT.

Now when black ops 1 was released it was reported on uk radio station radio one that MILLIONS have been banned from xbl.

Now if you can't tell the difference between someone choosing to buy a system for what ever purpose to a company committing unlawful acts then their is truly something wrong with the xbox360 community? .

Still the facis I

maxon27

Eh, read the caps and then....

fjOHeRAsAs.gif

Though TBH, I may have heard a mooo or two. :P

#380 Posted by lundy86_4 (43419 posts) -

OMG YOU BOTS ARE DUMB.

@StormyJoe

Still the facis I

maxon27

There are a number of issues here:

1. You provide no evidence for the number of bannings.
  2. You provide no evidence for the number of people purchasing another 360, after said bannings.

Do you see these issues?

#381 Posted by clone01 (24745 posts) -

How is fellating a piece of plastic treating you, Arbitor?
#382 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28397 posts) -

lol

#383 Posted by Steppy_76 (2103 posts) -

The funniest thing to me is that at no time did anyone stop and look at the road Sony took to get to an arguable second place tie. Back when this generation started the BEST case scenario people thought the Xbox could achieve was selling about the same number of systems as Sony. MS placed Sony in a position of either losing this generation badly, or losing TONS of money to keep up. Sony didn't even put enough pressure on MS to make them lower their prices any significant amount in what 5 years now? Can you imagine how the numbers would look if MS had decided to cut in to their profits on the 360 and aggressively outprice the PS3 the entire gen? MS could have had a true 149 or even 99 dollar 360 YEARS ago and still not have been losing as much money per unit as sony at any given time. Instead MS chose to maintain their profits while still keeping Sony at arms length. MS could have buried Sony long ago if they chose to, but why bother when you're making money and still forcing your competitor to lose money. The only thing Sony did this generation was show that they were willing to bite the bullet and half kill themselves to keep the PS3 viable. Any patting on the back for the PS3 "coming back" is foolish IMO.

#384 Posted by tormentos (18097 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]^^^ also milking its users with peripherals such as hard drives, and wireless adapters, and tricking them into thinking the 360 was the cheapest also secured last place for the 360locopatho

Don't forget "Rumble is last gen" *6 months later* "Here's a 50 euro rumble controller, SUCK IT you loyal early adoptors!"

Don't forget motion sucks only to release a $150 dollar camera.lol
#385 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="delta3074"]i got my 360 WITH a HDD for 140 quid less than a Ps3 would cost, wireless is optional but the 360 now has it as standard anyway, At least MS added stuff to the 360 like wireless, Extra USB ports and support for Flash memory and didn't take anything away like OtherOS, USB ports, backwards compatibility, etc,etc. And at least ididn't have to pay out Extra for a HDMI cable to Play in HD,lol.tormentos

Don't forget motion sucks online to release a $150 dollar camera.lol

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sht :lol: plus cost of 6 months supply of batteries :lol:
#386 Posted by tormentos (18097 posts) -
[QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]^^^ also milking its users with peripherals such as hard drives, and wireless adapters, and tricking them into thinking the 360 was the cheapest also secured last place for the 360delta3074

Your number are always screwed up i have prove that many times. HDMI was $10 for me on 2006,any cable would work now how was that $99 dollar wifi adapter that on PC was $10 and which the PS3 and even the wii included.? Wait HD-DVD $200? Oh wait $20 more for batteries and charger,how are those $60 a year for online play.? How is your 4th 360.? How many weeks without playing because of RROD or did you had a back up one.? Yeah both companies have their share of blunders,but MS and the xbox 360 are king on that field this gen.
#387 Posted by clone01 (24745 posts) -

Don't forget motion sucks online to release a $150 dollar camera.loltormentos
What the f*ck was that, Eltormo? Your awful attempt at a sentence?

#388 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28397 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]^^^ also milking its users with peripherals such as hard drives, and wireless adapters, and tricking them into thinking the 360 was the cheapest also secured last place for the 360tormentos

Your number are always screwed up i have prove that many times. HDMI was $10 for me on 2006,any cable would work now how was that $99 dollar wifi adapter that on PC was $10 and which the PS3 and even the wii included.? Wait HD-DVD $200? Oh wait $20 more for batteries and charger,how are those $60 a year for online play.? How is your 4th 360.? How many weeks without playing because of RROD or did you had a back up one.? Yeah both companies have their share of blunders,but MS and the xbox 360 are king on that field this gen.

lol the wifi adpator for 10 dollars that worked on the 360? lol wait 600 dollars for ps3 because of bluray, wait 45 dollars for controller, 15 dollars for chrarger matching the price of the ps3 controller 59.99...

#389 Posted by clone01 (24745 posts) -

[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="delta3074"]i got my 360 WITH a HDD for 140 quid less than a Ps3 would cost, wireless is optional but the 360 now has it as standard anyway, At least MS added stuff to the 360 like wireless, Extra USB ports and support for Flash memory and didn't take anything away like OtherOS, USB ports, backwards compatibility, etc,etc. And at least ididn't have to pay out Extra for a HDMI cable to Play in HD,lol.WilliamRLBaker

lol the wifi adpator for 10 dollars that worked on the 360? lol wait 600 dollars for ps3 because of bluray, wait 45 dollars for controller, 15 dollars for chrarger matching the price of the ps3 controller 59.99...

You actually understood that mess?
#390 Posted by delta3074 (18271 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="PinnacleGamingP"]^^^ also milking its users with peripherals such as hard drives, and wireless adapters, and tricking them into thinking the 360 was the cheapest also secured last place for the 360tormentos

i was talking in my own personal experience, the 360 HAS cost me less than a Ps3 woul have,Why do you always list Optional items to boost the cost, i have no use for a HD-DVD add on, i bought my console to play games, not watch movies, i pay 50p a week for batteries and i have had a year and a half of Live, still cheaper than the launch Price of a Ps3, listen dude, when are you going to get it, For me personally the 360 has still been cheaper than the cost of a Ps3, how am i figures messed up when i am talking about my own personal Experience and stop saying you proved me wrong many times, Thats just BS pure and simple.
#391 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

Comeback for second place, at the end of the generation, when analysts expected it to be first and it started of disasterfully.

Well,, that's something.

#392 Posted by tormentos (18097 posts) -

The funniest thing to me is that at no time did anyone stop and look at the road Sony took to get to an arguable second place tie. Back when this generation started the BEST case scenario people thought the Xbox could achieve was selling about the same number of systems as Sony. MS placed Sony in a position of either losing this generation badly, or losing TONS of money to keep up. Sony didn't even put enough pressure on MS to make them lower their prices any significant amount in what 5 years now? Can you imagine how the numbers would look if MS had decided to cut in to their profits on the 360 and aggressively outprice the PS3 the entire gen? MS could have had a true 149 or even 99 dollar 360 YEARS ago and still not have been losing as much money per unit as sony at any given time. Instead MS chose to maintain their profits while still keeping Sony at arms length. MS could have buried Sony long ago if they chose to, but why bother when you're making money and still forcing your competitor to lose money. The only thing Sony did this generation was show that they were willing to bite the bullet and half kill themselves to keep the PS3 viable. Any patting on the back for the PS3 "coming back" is foolish IMO.

Steppy_76
MS loss 3.1 billion dollars this gen that would have kill any profits and any chance of getting any. The xbox 360 has been price lower the entire generation from $100 on launch on the best model to $200 cheaper how much more aggressive could they get.? Aggressive pricing did not save the original xbox which had better hardware and HDD out of the box and was price like the PS2 costing MS 4 billions in losses in just 25 million units sold.
#393 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28397 posts) -
[QUOTE="Steppy_76"]

tormentos
MS loss 3.1 billion dollars this gen that would have kill any profits and any chance of getting any. The xbox 360 has been price lower the entire generation from $100 on launch on the best model to $200 cheaper how much more aggressive could they get.? Aggressive pricing did not save the original xbox which had better hardware and HDD out of the box and was price like the PS2 costing MS 4 billions in losses in just 25 million units sold.

lol I love when you try to make some sort of sense el tormo.
#394 Posted by kingtito (4960 posts) -
[QUOTE="Steppy_76"]

tormentos

LOL WUT?
#395 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
So how'd the PS3 lineup for this year go?
#396 Posted by gensigns (1478 posts) -
The greatest comeback this gen had to be Playstation Allstars smashing the doubters by getting universal acclaim, AAA scores and huge sales. Oh wait......
#397 Posted by super600 (30656 posts) -

The greatest comeback this gen had to be Playstation Allstars smashing the doubters by getting universal acclaim, AAA scores and huge sales. Oh wait......gensigns

A score on MC and below A on GS says hi unless you're being sarcastic.

#398 Posted by tormentos (18097 posts) -
lol the wifi adpator for 10 dollars that worked on the 360? lol wait 600 dollars for ps3 because of bluray, wait 45 dollars for controller, 15 dollars for chrarger matching the price of the ps3 controller 59.99...WilliamRLBaker
Yeah on 2005 there wasn't any $10 dollar wifi adapter dude stop inventing crap. $600 PS3 which included. Wifi $99 on 360. Media Card Reader no available on 360. 60GB HDD the xbox 360 one was 20 GB and any HDD was $100 so you need 2 more to match the PS3 one. Free online play on 360 $50 dollars per year by that time. Blu-ray stand alone $1,000 dollars,the closes thing on 360 and wasn't use for games was $200. $200 -HD-DVD. $50 Live. $20 play and charge kit. $100 wifi adapter $200 2 extra 20HDD.. Yes all this count you can talk all the sh** you want the fact is that this ^^^ was need it to match the PS3 $600 unit if you wanted a similar experience on 360 that is a fact..
#399 Posted by tormentos (18097 posts) -

[QUOTE="tormentos"] Don't forget motion sucks online to release a $150 dollar camera.lolclone01

What the f*ck was that, Eltormo? Your awful attempt at a sentence?

Hey lame01 still chasing alter and asking for gamers cards..lol
#400 Posted by nitekids2004 (2979 posts) -

A picture befitting this thread.

th?id=I.4526475429020309&pid=15.1

Cows = Michael Jordan

Lemmings = Craig Ehlo