Is the nemesis system this gen's gameplay trend?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

In the same way gears of war led the way for cover based shooters will Shadow of Modor lead the way for the nemesis system to be included in every game going forward?

Will other games copy this feature? It feels too complicated a feature for other games to just hop on board. Thoughts?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

For it to be a trend, other games would have to Copy it..... And right now the only thing I know of that comes even close is The Phantom Pain....

One could also make an Argument for Alien Isolation but its not really the samething.

Anyway, if this does become like the coversystem, what would the inferior ripoffs and copy cats look like ? I can't imagine a half assed version of the Nemesis system.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

For it to be a trend, other games would have to Copy it..... And right now the only thing I know of that comes even close is The Phantom Pain....

One could also make an Argument for Alien Isolation but its not really the samething.

Anyway, if this does become like the coversystem, what would the inferior ripoffs and copy cats look like ? I can't imagine a half assed version of the Nemesis system.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

my guess is yes since som was such a huge game this year.

anything successful tends to get imitators.