Is the Last of Us the biggest let down in gamespot history?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by RedCore119 (276 posts) 9 months, 5 days ago

Poll: Is the Last of Us the biggest let down in gamespot history? (110 votes)

Yes 8.0 17%
No 77%
Maybe? 8%

Yes the last of us is a great game but many gamers hyped this game on gamespot to the point were many thought, that it would receive a perfect 10.

#1 Posted by freedomfreak (38165 posts) -

Nee.

Which means "no" in Dutch.

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (42648 posts) -
#3 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

That would be Rome 2, GTA 5 (that got scored an 8.0 as well) and Halo 4

TLOU was voted game of the gen by amazon and System Wars, it also received a 95 on Metacritic with over 50 10 ratings from various game critics

#4 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -

I was badly let down by this game I found the game very boring.

#5 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Ok first of all, your options are completely idiotic. Why not just put yes instead of Yes 8.0 and wtf is with the Maybe vote?

Anyway, the reaction to the rating was a crazy explosion if I remember it well. Lots of angry cows and lots of happy lemmings who had no place being happy. It was chaos.

#6 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11379 posts) -

Nah, it's the best game of this gen.

#7 Posted by Wasdie (49316 posts) -

You clearly weren't here for when Zelda TP flopped. So many people got banned and suspended that week for their massive overreaction. Jeff even got death threats. Nintendo fans can be crazy.

#8 Posted by Blabadon (25191 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

You clearly weren't here for when Zelda TP flopped. So many people got banned and suspended that week for their massive overreaction. Jeff even got death threats. Nintendo fans can be crazy.

This. I wasn't there either but dear god the archives...

#9 Edited by RedCore119 (276 posts) -

@sukraj said:

I was badly let down by this game I found the game very boring.

#10 Edited by RedCore119 (276 posts) -
@Wasdie said:

No, i wasn't but i played the last of us and there are many plot holes in the games. The ending was not that good neither of them accomplished anything, Naughty dog can't seem to kill of its character.

#11 Posted by Wasdie (49316 posts) -

@RedCore119: That's just your opinion. The majority of people seem to disagree.

#12 Edited by RedCore119 (276 posts) -

@Wasdie: They're just trying to convince themselves to like it.

First of all if Ellie was immune to the virus wouldn't that mean that people who were blood related to her also be? See its these big things that make me dislike the game.

#13 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24234 posts) -

We had a thread like this before when The Last of Us was new.

The Answer is still no.

#14 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16459 posts) -

A 95% on Gamerankings says hell no, not even close.

#15 Edited by TheEroica (13011 posts) -

I found the game particularly the second half to be a lot of immersive fun.... That said, it didn't take gaming further to me, but it did what it did well. Gran Tourismo5 is still the biggest flop this gen to me.

#16 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5681 posts) -

its the best game this gen, so no its not a letdown.

#17 Posted by Gue1 (9116 posts) -

#18 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12793 posts) -

#19 Edited by Wasdie (49316 posts) -

@RedCore119: Yup. Still your opinion.

For the record, I'm not even a fan of the game. I bought it and never finished it. It bored the crap out of me. However a lot of people loved it and it would be shallow and ignorant to ignore them.

#20 Posted by RedCore119 (276 posts) -

When you say the last of us is the best game this gen, have you forgotten about GTA 5 with higher sales and the countless awards and better reviews?

#21 Edited by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Wasdie said:

This. I wasn't there either but dear god the archives...

link

oh god please link

#22 Edited by Armoured_Mage (766 posts) -

the game was pretty awful...

#23 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12793 posts) -

When you say the last of us is the best game this gen, have you forgotten about GTA 5 with higher sales and the countless awards and better reviews?

How is a reviewers opinion on GTA5 going to sway my views?

#24 Edited by PyratRum (529 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

This. It was pretty damn funny.

#25 Posted by chocolate1325 (32368 posts) -

Nah there have been worse.

#26 Edited by StrifeDelivery (1267 posts) -

@Wasdie: They're just trying to convince themselves to like it.

First of all if Ellie was immune to the virus wouldn't that mean that people who were blood related to her also be? See its these big things that make me dislike the game.

First, it isn't a virus. Second, her mom died, pretty much the only known relative to her for us to know. Third, the infection mutated, and thus made her immune. What you are saying isn't a big thing, since it isn't right to begin with. Seems to me you just don't like the game.

#27 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6611 posts) -

The Last of Us was voted by SW users as the BEST GAME OF THE GENERATION. Loads of people worldwide have it as their favourite game ever and it received a 95 average on metacritic, more importantly scoring a perfect 10 on IGN and professional critics have claimed it is the "citizen Kane" of gaming. By all means, TLOU is the polar opposite of a let down. It is factually one of the highest quality games of all time. Personally I still think MGS4 is better, but TLOU is damn close to that flawlessness.

#28 Edited by silversix_ (13553 posts) -

best 8 i've played in my life more like

#29 Posted by tubbyc (3646 posts) -

Hell no. One of my top 5 from this gen. I'd love to see a sequel on the PS4.

#30 Posted by Krelian-co (9988 posts) -

A 95% on Gamerankings says hell no, not even close.

#31 Posted by Big_Pecks (5193 posts) -

Twilight Princess. But now the fans are used to it.

#32 Posted by lostrib (31520 posts) -

I doubt it. The GS score only matters for the SW meta game. But it was fun when it flopped

#33 Posted by j_assassin (878 posts) -

seriously, how is it difficult to ignore majority of gaming critics and gamers around the world who praises the game??! unless youre in gamespot website 24/7?

#34 Posted by Pffrbt (6367 posts) -

The Last of Us doesn't even deserve an 8. It's a 5/10 at best. So god damn boring and tedious.

#35 Posted by Ballroompirate (21622 posts) -

First off TLOU is an awesome game, secondly people still care about GS scores?

#36 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8584 posts) -

Fuck Hype ! Real Men Read reviews, not numbers

#37 Edited by Basinboy (10921 posts) -

Fuck Hype ! Real Men Read reviews, not numbers

Also, anybody who says yes wasn't here when LoZ:TP flopped. Or LoZ:SS.

#38 Posted by Zidaneski (8435 posts) -

One of my favorite games of all time next to Jak II and Uncharted 2, go figure.

#39 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

IGN gave it a 10, jealous?

#40 Posted by monsterpuncher (146 posts) -

#41 Edited by monsterpuncher (146 posts) -

Last of Us is such a truly amazing game!

The story was so good that the gameplay doesnt even get the full credit it deserves lol.

The gameply in Last of Us was friggen amazing too.

Never played combat that tense, brutal, dynamic, engaging, and well thought out before!

Last of Us plays like a unique blend of a next gen ManHunt, MGS3, and RE4 all wrapped up into one.

Plus the way the gameplay and story merged together so perfectly etc ....Last of Us is just a god tier game. Easily one of the best games of all time, and my personal best game of all time. Naughty Gods.

#42 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

Not really, that would got to Rome Total War 2.

#43 Posted by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

Nah, it's one of the better games this gen. The "Citizen Kane of gaming" stuff crap is thrown around by idiots with no understanding of what Citizen Kane did for film, but it is pretty good.

#44 Posted by ELJUDEZ (7386 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

The Twilight Princess meltdown was comedy.

#45 Posted by monsterpuncher (146 posts) -

As for this thread, Gamespot isnt credible for their reviews.

Last of Us has a 95 rating on MC. In fact if not for 3 other troll revews, The Last of Us would be THE HIGHEST rated game of all time, and that would have been well deserved.

The Last of Us is not just an amazing game, its a monumental gaming acheivement by Naughty Dog (I can start listing numerous examples why.Want to get me started!) Last of Us WILL WIN the majority of GOTY awards. You watch and see

Also, the Last of Us is the highest user rated reviewed game of the year on MC by and large....GTAV's user ratings are much lower lol. That tells you everything you need to know....majority opinion OF GAMERS says Last of Us>>>GTAV

#46 Posted by 2Chalupas (4975 posts) -

I'm not sure if it's the "game of the gen", but it's way the hell up there. Probably top 5.

Too bad that the story went off the rails at the ending, and the AI wasn't so hot. Actually at times it was downright terrible. It wasn't perfect, but then no game is. For me it was one of the best single playthroughs of any game ever.

#47 Posted by lostrib (31520 posts) -

As for this thread, Gamespot isnt credible for their reviews.

Last of Us has a 95 rating on MC. In fact if not for 3 other troll revews, The Last of Us would be THE HIGHEST rated game of all time, and that would have been well deserved.

The Last of Us is not just an amazing game, its a monumental gaming acheivement by Naughty Dog (I can start listing numerous examples why.Want to get me started!) Last of Us WILL WIN the majority of GOTY awards. You watch and see

Also, the Last of Us is the highest user rated reviewed game of the year on MC by and large....GTAV's user ratings are much lower lol. That tells you everything you need to know....majority opinion OF GAMERS says Last of Us>>>GTAV

Whatever you have to tell yourself, just know that it flopped

#48 Posted by GhoX (4653 posts) -

I don't know. Can you repeat the question?

#49 Edited by monsterpuncher (146 posts) -

@2Chalupas said:

I'm not sure if it's the "game of the gen", but it's way the hell up there. Probably top 5.

Too bad that the story went off the rails at the ending, and the AI wasn't so hot. Actually at times it was downright terrible. It wasn't perfect, but then no game is. For me it was one of the best single playthroughs of any game ever.

Last of Us has some of the best combat A.I ive ever seen in a game!

Of course no A.I will ever be perfect and you can find errors or glitches in any game you want to, but for the most part, the A.I especially on higher difficulties is very impressive, like ive said easily some of the best A.I ive ever seen in a game.

Also, the story was perfect and that ending hit me on such an emotional level! The impact stood with me for weeks on end. It was all that was on my mind for days...thats when you know it was something special

#50 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20730 posts) -

Played through it once and had alot of fun right to the end.

Very Cinematic and some good characters.

Gameplay was good but really basic.

It was basically move through the city and kill any gangs/outlaws in your way, then move on and repeat witch became very predictable and boring after a while.

The Cinematic scenes were great though. Needed more monsters and bosses imo.

Good game, just not a 9/10 game imo