Is the 360 Arcade worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts

I'm thinking about buying a 360 Arcade but would like to hear some opinions on it. I mostly want to get it for Halo Reach :D and a few other Xbox exclusive games. The reason I am considering the Arcade is because I have to have wifi and thats gonna bring up the overall price.

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
No, get a elite for 299 dollars.
BilkeLegenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BilkeLegenda
Member since 2009 • 1933 Posts
If ur gonna get a 360 then get the elite cuz I wouldnt risk buying the arcade cuz of the RROD,from what I hear the elite is a little more reliable but thats also questionable.
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -supercharged-

No, get a elite for 299 dollars.djsifer01

Why? That's $100 more than the Arcade :?

TheTrystero024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheTrystero024
Member since 2006 • 567 Posts
Go ask the forumite who traded his 360 arcade and forgot to remove his personal info on the internal memory. :lol: That was a great thread, but he probably made the story up.
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -supercharged-

If ur gonna get a 360 then get the elite cuz I wouldnt risk buying the arcade cuz of the RROD,from what I hear the elite is a little more reliable but thats also questionable.BilkeLegenda

I'm not too worried about the reliability issues especially since I had to send my PS3 in

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dc337
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

Arcade is fine if you just want to play a few exclusives.

You can always get a hard drive on ebay for cheap if you want to upgrade.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Every 360 arcade is a Jasper, so i guess its a good buy. But you will need a Hard Drive

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm thinking about buying a 360 Arcade but would like to hear some opinions on it. I mostly want to get it for Halo Reach :D and a few other Xbox exclusive games. The reason I am considering the Arcade is because I have to have wifi and thats gonna bring up the overall price.

-supercharged-

First of all, Halo Reach is due next Holiday, so if that's the big reason, if you can wait, you may see another price drop between now and one year from now.

Secondly, DO NOT BUY THE ARCADE. Just get the elite (it's not really elite now, it's the only official HDD model). Don't punish yourself, YOU NEED that HDD. You may think you are going to play it a few times, but that's not what's going to happen.

Third, there are options with WiFi, but don't buy the arcade, whatever you do. Just save longer. :)

Fourth, if you do get a 360 now, I can tell you some fun games I've played this gen.

Fifth, Do not buy USED/Refurb. Just go for the new, way better models.

Happy shopping!

BilkeLegenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BilkeLegenda
Thats a bit of a surprise.Well,I went through 2 360 arcades(they both lasted about 6 months each)before I bought a ps3 so I would seriously recommend u dont get the arcade man,ur gonna be luck if it lasts even a year.
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

[QUOTE="djsifer01"]No, get a elite for 299 dollars.-supercharged-

Why? That's $100 more than the Arcade :?

You'll end up wanting to upgrade anyway.

Installing games to the HDD is far better (and quieter.)

$300 for an elite is a bargain anyway. So with the Wifi that is $400 sure, expensive, but I paid over $650 in total after upgrading my launch console and I don't even have an HDMI socket.

BilkeLegenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BilkeLegenda
If u want a 360,I would go with the elite.
dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dc337

Secondly, DO NOT BUY THE ARCADE. Just get the elite (it's not really elite now, it's the only official HDD model). Don't punish yourself, YOU NEED that HDD.

SolidTy

Why does he need the hard drive if he just wants to play a few games?

BilkeLegenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BilkeLegenda
Mem cards dont hold much,hes better off with HD,u know he gonna put all kinds of stuff on there.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

nope not anymore.elite is 299 aracde is 199. plus now you can get 2 games when you buy a elite. arcade just comes with a arcade game disc

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Secondly, DO NOT BUY THE ARCADE. Just get the elite (it's not really elite now, it's the only official HDD model). Don't punish yourself, YOU NEED that HDD.

dc337

It's a ripoff model. If he's going to spend a $200, he may as well go all the way and spend that last $100. He may FEEL like he wants to play a few games, but he won't FEEL like that forever. Between Music, XBLA games, Saves, and more, he's not going to have enough room.

If he bought the Arcade, he will eventually be in regret. He may as well skip that terrible, ripoff phase, and buy wisely from the get go. :)

BilkeLegenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BilkeLegenda
There u go.Arcade isnt worthit man,dont waste ur money.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts
Go ask the forumite who traded his 360 arcade and forgot to remove his personal info on the internal memory. :lol: That was a great thread, but he probably made the story up.TheTrystero024
i seen that thread a few days ago...why would someone do that. when they wouldnt have any room for the games they bought? he also said: his card in the story. then later in the story he said something that pretty much points out he wasnt even old enuff to have a credit card.
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -supercharged-

[QUOTE="-supercharged-"]

SolidTy

First of all, Halo Reach is due next Holiday, so if that's the big reason, if you can wait, you may see another price drop between now and one year from now.

Secondly, DO NOT BUY THE ARCADE. Just get the elite (it's not really elite now, it's the only official HDD model). Don't punish yourself, YOU NEED that HDD. You may think you are going to play it a few times, but that's not what's going to happen.

Third, there are options with WiFi, but don't buy the arcade, whatever you do. Just save longer. :)

Fourth, if you do get a 360 now, I can tell you some fun games I've played this gen.

Fifth, Do not buy USED/Refurb. Just go for the new, way better models.

Happy shopping!

Halo Reach isnt the only reason but I definately wanna be able to play it! There are some games I want to play right now that I can't on my PS3. Why shouldnt I buy the Arcade?

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dc337

[QUOTE="dc337"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

It's a ripoff model. If he's going to spend a $200, he may as well go all the way and spend that last $100. He may FEEL like he wants to play a few games, but he won't FEEL like that forever. Then, when that happens, he will be in regret. He may as well skip that terrible, ripoff phase, and buy wisely from the get go. :)

How is it a ripoff when it plays the games just fine? If he regrets not getting the elite he can get a 120 gig hd from ebay for $60.

The arcade is perfect for someone who just wants to play a couple exclusives.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="dc337"] Why does he need the hard drive if he just wants to play a few games?

dc337

It's a ripoff model. If he's going to spend a $200, he may as well go all the way and spend that last $100. He may FEEL like he wants to play a few games, but he won't FEEL like that forever. Then, when that happens, he will be in regret. He may as well skip that terrible, ripoff phase, and buy wisely from the get go. :)

How is it a ripoff when it plays the games just fine? If he regrets not getting the elite he can get a 120 gig hd from ebay for $60.

After he plays a couple of exclusives, what do you think he will do next? Eventually?

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

-supercharged-

If you have a PS3 then yeah go for it, if not just get an elite.

I spent $100 dollars on my Arcade, the best $100 I ever spent

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cowgriller
Member since 2008 • 3153 Posts

if you're buying the 360 for the first time, then no the arcade isn't worth it. get the elite instead (or the pro if you can find it). the arcade is for those whose pro or elite RRoD'ed and don't want to spend $300 and have two HDD's.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dc337

[QUOTE="dc337"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

After he plays a couple of exclusives, what do you think he will do next? Eventually?

He can get a hard drive off ebay if he later wants one.

How many times do I have to repeat this?

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -supercharged-

if you're buying the 360 for the first time, then no the arcade isn't worth it. get the elite instead (or the pro if you can find it). the arcade is for those whose pro or elite RRoD'ed and don't want to spend $300 and have two HDD's.

cowgriller

I dont wanna spend over $300.. and if I get an elite I will be spending over that amount because of Wifi. Is the HDD really that important?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="dc337"] How is it a ripoff when it plays the games just fine? If he regrets not getting the elite he can get a 120 gig hd from ebay for $60.

dc337

How many times do I have to repeat this?

It's obviously easier to buy it all at once (BRAND NEW WITH WARRANTY), and not have to deal with that time and energy hassle you would recommend.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts
[QUOTE="-supercharged-"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

I dont wanna spend over $300.. and if I get an elite I will be spending over that amount because of Wifi. Is the HDD really that important?

It depends on what you wanna do with it. You want to download demos, put music on it, download extras off LIVE and etc, the get the elite. You want to play a few exclusives and don't care about going online that much, then get the arcade
dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dc337

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

-supercharged-

No it isn't if you plan on buying multiplats on the ps3. It reduces the load times for some games but the main benefit is that the games run quieter once you install them to it. It's also needed for movies and downloadable content.

If you don't want to spend over $300 and need wifi then get the arcade and the trendnet wireless bridge:
http://www.provantage.com/trendnet-tew-647ga~7TDW9019.htm

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts
I would say DO NOT get the Arcarde, simply because it has not Hard drive, spend the extra $100 and get the Elite
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
i reccomend just buying the elite, it is $100 more, but the hard drive will cost you $120 or so new. the pitiful amount of memory in the arcade is sad. you say you need Wifi, meaning you'll also want to play online, meaning you'll likely want to check out XBLA and DLC eventualy, you'll need the space
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -supercharged-

[QUOTE="-supercharged-"]

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]

dc337

No it isn't if you plan on buying multiplats on the ps3. It reduces the load times for some games but the main benefit is that the games run quieter once you install them to it. It's also needed for movies and downloadable content.

If you don't want to spend over $300 and need wifi then get the arcade and the trendnet wireless bridge:
http://www.provantage.com/trendnet-tew-647ga~7TDW9019.htm

I'm not worried about it being loud lol thats the last of my worries. That trendnet thing looks interesting are you sure it works with the 360? and would I just connect that to my wireless router or somethin?

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dc337

It's obviously easier to buy it all at once (BRAND NEW WITH WARRANTY), and not have to deal with that time and energy hassle you would recommend.

SolidTy

You can get a 120 gig hard drive brand new from ebay for $60 with free shipping. Installing it is easy, it snaps right in.

He's on a budget and already has a ps3 for multiplats. There's no reason to buy the elite when he can upgrade later.

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -supercharged-

i reccomend just buying the elite, it is $100 more, but the hard drive will cost you $120 or so new. the pitiful amount of memory in the arcade is sad. you say you need Wifi, meaning you'll also want to play online, meaning you'll likely want to check out XBLA and DLC eventualy, you'll need the spacedarkspineslayer

How much space does Halo 3 DLC take up?

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dc337

I'm not worried about it being loud lol thats the last of my worries. That trendnet thing looks interesting are you sure it works with the 360? and would I just connect that to my wireless router or somethin?

-supercharged-

Yea it works just fine with the 360. You plug your 360 into it with an ethernet cable and it's actually faster than the usb wifi adapter.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#36 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

-supercharged-
Got your router out of reach eh? No way of moving it to a different location?
DumbDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DumbDubya
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

Get the elite.

You will need that HDD and the headset.

jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

I say go for the elite. If you plan to get any DLC or demos or XBLA games then you need some sort of HDD. Also, you can buy a WiFi adapter from GameStop used for $70

boredy-Mcbored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 boredy-Mcbored
Member since 2007 • 1566 Posts

256 (?) MB is way to little even if you only want to play a couple games. At least try for a pro or just but a hard-drive off ebay or something.

dc337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dc337

256 (?) MB is way to little even if you only want to play a couple games. At least try for a pro or just but a hard-drive off ebay or something.

boredy-Mcbored

256mb is plenty for saves. Anyways it comes with 512mb now.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]i reccomend just buying the elite, it is $100 more, but the hard drive will cost you $120 or so new. the pitiful amount of memory in the arcade is sad. you say you need Wifi, meaning you'll also want to play online, meaning you'll likely want to check out XBLA and DLC eventualy, you'll need the space-supercharged-

Alot. I think it's the biggest game I have. about 2GB
left2live4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 left2live4ever
Member since 2009 • 185 Posts

The Elites are a lot cheaper in the long run then the arcade as you will likely want a harddrive and headset but they dont currently come with the jasper chipsets so it might be best to wait till the elites get the jasper chipsets before buying.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]i reccomend just buying the elite, it is $100 more, but the hard drive will cost you $120 or so new. the pitiful amount of memory in the arcade is sad. you say you need Wifi, meaning you'll also want to play online, meaning you'll likely want to check out XBLA and DLC eventualy, you'll need the space-supercharged-

if your smart and just use the Halo 3 mythic disk in ODST, none.