Is Sunset Overdrive an AE, AAE, or AAAE game?

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By SolidGame_basic

Poll Is Sunset Overdrive an AE, AAE, or AAAE game? (101 votes)

AAAE 24%
AAE 54%
AE 22%

I was playing Destiny beta earlier when I overheard someone say "I hope Sunset Overdrives comes to PS4." And I was like wtf, really? (I didn't say that outloud, I didn't want to ruin team chemistry. But I did say it has a better shot of coming to PC). Anyway, are people really hyped up for game? I wanted to know what SW thinks about this game and what kind of game will it be. Me, it looks like a solid A or AA type exclusive that will probably come to PC at some point. You?

• 
kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@kinectthedots said:

To eccoyour words

????

Nothing else to say huh? LMAO

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@speak_low said:

Can someone remind me what AE, AAE and AAAE mean again? AAAE is a perfect 10/10 score, right? That's seems very unlikely

9-AAA, 8-AA, 7-A

10-AAAA

the E means exclusive

These are only based on GS score

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@mems_1224 said:

@kinectthedots said:

To eccoyour words

????

Nothing else to say huh? LMAO

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By kinectthedots

@cainetao11 said:

@clone01: "I don't know. Alas, I do not have a time machine. I think if I had a time machine I'd be considerably wealthier."

And when I'm rich id convince Salma Hayek I'm the man.............. well maybe

So, what's your hype for the game?

I know you don't own a PS4 but you have commented about hype for PS4 games and projected hype about PS4 games before, but you actually own a xbox one so why haven't you stated your hype instead of just leaving a comment?

Be bold like you have been in the past when talking about PS4 games, what's your hype for Sunset Overdrive?

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

{like} -------------------------{becomes poor}

I look at a game

{dislike}-----------------------{stays rich}

Does that answer your question?

All these AAA terms are meaningless to me as a gamer. They were part of a propaganda campaign to get people back into video-games after the great crash of '83. Back then, however, there was actually a higner rate of game-play innovation so it fit. Nowadays devs just use the term to show off how much they've spent developing and publicising their titles.

I couldn't care less and I don't see why anyone should.

1st party, 2nd party, 3rd party, crowd-funded and indie.

That's all I need to know and care about.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 kinectthedots

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Meh, not sold on this one. Looks like a fun hour then would get very repetitive. 7/10.

Sooo, what about the xbox fanboys (lemmings)?

You aren't going to troll xbox fans and call them out for being cowards for not hyping this AAA like you do/have done with Sony exclusives in the past?

Or does that criticism not apply to them even though they have been saying the xbox line up is far superior to PS4's and have been using this game as their main ammo for proof of their superior exclusive line-up for this year?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Meh, not sold on this one. Looks like a fun hour then would get very repetitive. 7/10.

You aren't going to troll xbox fans and call them out for being cowards for not hyping this AAA like you do/have done with Sony exclusives in the past?

Or does that criticism not apply to them even though they have been saying the xbox line up is far superior to PS4's and have been using this game as their main ammo for proof of their superior exclusive line-up for this year?

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

I'm pretty skeptical of new IPs. Every new exclusive wants to be the next Gears of War or Halo, but we should all know by now that very few actually reach that level. AAE on Gamespot simply because of the hype (money hat) it will get.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@kinectthedots: "So, what's your hype for the game?

I know you don't own a PS4 but you have commented about hype for PS4 games and projected hype about PS4 games before, but you actually own a xbox one so why haven't you stated your hype instead of just leaving a comment?

Be bold like you have been in the past when talking about PS4 games, what's your hype for Sunset Overdrive?"

Since you say you know my hype history, what was my hype for Ryse in john_matherson's hype thread?

For sunset overdrive? I always roll the dice AAAE. I don't play safe

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#61 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

It's whatever you want it to be TC.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kinectthedots

@wolverine4262 said:

Well, it looks infinitely more fun that Sony's tech demos...

So what's your hype for this lem? don't tell me AA or are you scared to hype this infinitely more fun looking than Sony's tech demo games AAA?

FYI: Infamous SS is already AA so if it looks infinitely more fun that then you hype must be AAAAE, what say you?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

@kinectthedots: Do you have problems?

How serious are you taking this shit? Jeesh.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@kinectthedots:

:dayna2:

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By freedomfreak

Anyway, AAE.

Although this look properly good. Not Infamous 2.5.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Damn, go away kid.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Where's the thread asking what the next Sony blockbuster will get.

Oh there isn't one.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I hope it is good because then you might see a version or a sequel on other platforms and insomniac can continue to make games on different platforms. Otherwise MS might buy them and no more Rachet and Clank games.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#69  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@wolverine4262 said:

So what's your hype for this lem? don't tell me AA or are you scared to hype this infinitely more fun looking than Sony's tech demo games AAA?

FYI: Infamous SS is already AA so if it looks infinitely more fun that then you hype must be AAAAE, what say you?

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

So that's the lem tactic when accused of hypocrisy? "You take this too seriously. " That's cute. On topic though. betting on AA here at gs, not my kinda game.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By kinectthedots

@freedomfreak said:

How serious were lemming taking it?

You know, I really don't care what an objective person hypes this game, but for all the hypocritical idiots who acted like it was a crime for sony fanys to hype their games (exclusives) lower than AAA, it's hilarious to see the 180 change of attitude and mild enthusiasm with SAFE AAE projections for a game on their preferred platform...the same posters who said sony fans were cowards for not all hyping their exclusive game AAA.

Did you know that the Infamous hype thread was 46 pages worth of fud from xbox fanboys griping about the majority of sony fans hyping it less than AAA so they could claim some kind of ownage if it failed to meet that hype?

This is a 100% lemming argument, I am just reminding those posters who used it.

How pathetic those fanboys were, I am actually not doing the same pathetic shit lems were doing in that thread..I am simply calling out users who attacking sony fans/being hypocritical about not all unanimously hyping a game AAA as if every fan should have the same hype level for a single game.

Should those posters not all hype this game AAA+ then?

You were in the Infamous thread, how serious were lems about that shit? Did you ask those guys that same question? NO, however I am not calling you out on this cause I didn't see you joining in those stupid antics. I don't have a problem with xbox fans so you should not have a problem with me exposing hypocritical fanboys, it just so happens that the vast majority are your lem brothers!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 freedomfreak
@kinectthedots said:

How serious were lemming taking it?

You know, I really don't care what an objective person hypes this game, but for all the hypocritical idiots who acted like it was a crime for sony fanys to hype their games (exclusives) lower than AAA, it's hilarious to see the 180 change of attitude and mild enthusiasm with SAFE projections for the preferred platform of the same posters who think sony fans were cowards for not hyping their exclusives anything less than AAA.

Did you know that he Infamous hype thread was 46 pages worth of fud from xbox fanboys griping about the majority of sony fans hyping it less than AAA so they could claim some kind of ownage if it failed to meet that hype?

How pathetic those fanboys were, I am actually not doing the same pathetic shit lems were doing in that thread..I am simply calling out users who attacking sony fans/being hypocritical about not all unanimously hyping a game AAA as if every fan should have the same hype level for something.

You were in the Infamous thread, how serious were lems about that shit? Did you ask those guys that same question? NO, however I am not calling you out on this cause I didn't see you joining in those stupid antics. I don't have a problem with xbox fans so you should have a problem with me exposing hypocritical fanboys, it just so happens that the majority are lemmings!

Yeah, fanboys are hypocritical idiots.

Who knew.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 wolverine4262

@kinectthedots:

:dayna2::jor::barn::hil::zel:

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@speak_low said:

Can someone remind me what AE, AAE and AAAE mean again? AAAE is a perfect 10/10 score, right? That's seems very unlikely

The E stands for exclusive

The A is a 7.0

AA is a 8.0

AAA is a 9.0

AAAA is a 10.0

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ActicEdge

@super600 said:

@speak_low said:

The A is a 7.0

AA is a 8.0

AAA is a 9.0

AAAA is a 10.0

I know we have an NPD thread but considering we got a the top 10 sku for the month and it came out too deep into the NPD thread for discussion, can I make a thread about it? I saved the chart from gamecreate.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

@wolverine4262 said:

who says he meant Infamous SS?

He could mean crap like KZSF, or the Order

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By kinectthedots

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

@wolverine4262 said:

The order hasn't proven to be crap yet lostrib so slow up on that bash train.

Also, he is talking about sony games, well the only big sony exclusive to come out this year is Infamous SS and it scored AA so he surely must think this game can do better since he claims Sunset Overdrive looks infinity better.

Just saying.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 wolverine4262

@kinectthedots:

How many Infamous threads didnt talk about the graphics? Also, just because I think Sunset Overdrive is going to be more fun doesnt mean I think itll score better. I couldnt care less what it or any other game scores.

@lostrib:

AND, if you guys continue that quote chain, please remove me from it. I dont want the notifications.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By super600  Moderator

@ActicEdge said:

@super600 said:

@speak_low said:

The A is a 7.0

AA is a 8.0

AAA is a 9.0

AAAA is a 10.0

I know we have an NPD thread but considering we got a the top 10 sku for the month and it came out too deep into the NPD thread for discussion, can I make a thread about it? I saved the chart from gamecreate.

I will check with the other SW mods.It;s okay to create a thread about the info.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lostrib

@kinectthedots said:

@lostrib said:

@kinectthedots said:

The order hasn't proven to be crap yet lostrib so slow up on that bash train.

Also, he is talking about sony games, well the only big sony exclusive to come out this year is Infamous SS and it scored AA so he surely must think this game can do better since he claims Sunset Overdrive looks infinity better.

Just saying.

...I'm not bashing it but it is possible for him to think it "looks" crappy.

you seem to just be jumping to conclusions in some delusional attempt at a "gotcha" moment

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ActicEdge

@super600 said:

@ActicEdge said:

@super600 said:

@speak_low said:

The A is a 7.0

AA is a 8.0

AAA is a 9.0

AAAA is a 10.0

I will check with the other SW mods.It;s okay to create a thread about the info.

So I'm good to make it?

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

i see gamestop giving it an 8 so i went AAE

I see a MC of around 85

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 super600  Moderator

@ActicEdge said:

@super600 said:

@ActicEdge said:

@super600 said:

@speak_low said:

The A is a 7.0

AA is a 8.0

AAA is a 9.0

AAAA is a 10.0

So I'm good to make it?

Yep.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@wolverine4262 said:

You do realize that in reality, all this thread is, is a "predict the gamespot score" and nothing else right? I just can't see this as the type of game that gets a 9 or 10 from gamespot.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Looks like an average shallow game like DR3. Expecting 7-8 here and ~7ish MC

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

This isn't the official hype thread, nor have i seen endless threads in SW hyping this. Care to provide some recent links?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Looks pretty mediocre.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
Loading Video...

After watching this I gotta say I am interested

This game looks fun as sh!t! This along with KI, make me want a damn XBO.

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts

I'm expecting an 8 here, and probably low 80's on Metacritic.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By kinectthedots

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@kinectthedots said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

This isn't the official hype thread, nor have i seen endless threads in SW hyping this. Care to provide some recent links?

Pathetic excuse from a biased MS shill.

Expected nothing less,

• You run with xbox fanboys bashing PS exclusive and trolling their fans calling them cowards in their game/hype threads.
  • laugh with lemmings when they made threads about doom and gloom for sony about stocks and selling buildings
  • ...yet you try to play diplomat and come crying to sony fans when they made a big deal about MS closing their xbox entertainment studios, talking about good character and what not.

I am not interested in playing your fanboy deflection game. I am not the one employing double standards and lying about my preference or affiliation to a company/system.

I just wanted to see what your response would be when confronted with your actions handling one group vs another (specifically sony fans vs xbox fans) since you try to pretend that you weren't biased in the in the MS 1800 job loss thread and all.

You failed with flying colors. So don't come bringing your tears to any more cow threads asking everyone play nice when bashing something xbox/MS related hypocrite. You can't play by your own rules so stop crying for others to.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ActicEdge

@kinectthedots said:

Pathetic excuse from a biased MS shill.

Expected nothing less,

• You run with xbox fanboys bashing PS exclusive and trolling their fans calling them cowards in their game/hype threads.
  • laugh with lemmings when they made threads about doom and gloom for sony about stocks and selling building
  • ...yet you try to play diplomat and come crying to sony fans when they made a big deal about MS closing their xbox entertainment studios, talking about good character and what not.

I am not interested in playing your fanboy deflection game. I am not the one employing double standards and lying about my preference or affiliation to a company/system.

I just wanted to see what your response would be when confronted with your actions handling one group vs another (specifically sony fans vs xbox fans) since you try to pretend that you weren't biased in the in the MS 1800 job loss thread and all.

You failed with flying colors. So don't come bringing your tears to any more cow threads asking everyone play nice when bashing something xbox/MS related hypocrite. You can't play by your own rules so stop crying for others to.

None of what you're talking about has anything to do with Sunset Overdrive's gamespot score. Unless you expect people to just hype AAA because "System Warriorz!11!" everything else you are saying here just comes off as a bitter kid too engulfed in his system warrior business. Do you keep tabs on everyone who doesn't have their throat slowly purring on Sony's dick?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I didnt care to pay attention to this game, and the few things i saw of it didnt get my atttention.

BUT then I heard of the 8 player co-op and I got jelly ever since....

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#96 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

It has a really cool art style, but it's an Insomniac game, so it will probably be nothing to write home about.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ActicEdge

@GreySeal9 said:

It has a really cool art style, but it's an Insomniac game, so it will probably be nothing to write home about.

Spyro the Dragon was the shit hater :P (but seriously, I wish they would revisit that franchise)

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#98 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@ActicEdge said:

@GreySeal9 said:

Spyro the Dragon was the shit hater :P (but seriously, I wish they would revisit that franchise)

I did really enjoy Year of the Dragon back in the day.

Insomniac seemed to go downhill when they start putting guns into their games lol.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@kinectthedots: your meltdowns in this thread are spectacular lol

As is your ignorance of what hype is

Also I don't think I saw what you were hyping this personally?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@blue_hazy_basic said:

That's my concern, but it also has an 8 player mode as well which could make things a bit more interesting. I seriously need to see more content and modes for the game. I'm still getting it though.

@freedomfreak said:

I think he's having a meltdown. Same meltdown I_can_haz & El Tormo get every time there's a Mcirosoft or Xbox One thread created in SW.