Is "Stick Of Truth" the ultimate sellout?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Edited By uninspiredcup

Poll Is "Stick Of Truth" the ultimate sellout? (13 votes)

Yes 100% no qeastion about it. It's not even a qeastion when you think about it. Of course it has, no need for a poll, this is factually based based specifically based on fact. 15%
No 85%

My friends, not a huge fan of Southpark, it's vulgar with poor animation. However, after accidentally watching a few episodes the show seemed to vehemently attack EA and Peter Moore. Portraying them as evil and greedy.

But, the show itself then goes on to promote Call Of Duty and World Of Warcraft, beef Activision and Blizzard arguably even worse than EA.

Then, regarding "The Stick Of Truth" (ironically the very episode designed to promote it) they specifically add a rant talking about how DLC is a ripoff.

Then with the Stick of Truth, it's exactly what happens. Preorder DLC, a base price on steam higher than the price of the average pc game.

Can we agree that Stick Of Truth represents the height of Matt Stone and Matt Groenings hypocrisy?

• 
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

lol uninspiredcup thread

nope.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

No just no... If anything this shows other movie and tv licenses how a game should be done. It was not a sell out at all, trey Parker and Matt Stone both worked on this game tirelessly to ensure it fit well for the series and game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

trey Parker and Matt Stone both worked on this game tirelessly to ensure it fit well for the series and game.

Having watched the way these men talk and act, this is highly unlikely. Both are about 40 years of age yet sound like 16 year old stoners. i.e. bums

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

You "accidentally" watched "several episodes"?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44943 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@MonsieurX said:

lol uninspiredcup thread

nope.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Nope, what a load of nonsense... take your Tin foil hat off FurryCup.....sorry i mean Uninspiredcup :/

Oh and why the hell do you say "My friends" when none of us clearly are..

And you also always say "Can we Agree" when almost nobody ever agrees with ya......

And also Matt Groening makes the Simpsons not South Park dumbass that would be Trey Parker

You are pretty uninspired :(

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

My friends, not a huge fan of Southpark, it's vulgar with poor animation. However, after accidentally watching a few episodes the show seemed to vehemently attack EA and Peter Moore. Portraying them as evil and greedy.

But, the show itself then goes on to promote Call Of Duty and World Of Warcraft, beef Activision and Blizzard arguably even worse than EA.

Not sure what you watched but it was definitely not south park.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@uninspiredcup: You're an idiot, Matt Parker and Trey Stone both worked on the game with Obsidian, they provided artwork, script, voice work as well as working with obsidian to ensure that it fit with their vision, despite what you think because you're "oh so mature" they have fun doing what their doing and are actually very intelligent gentleman, your thread is dumb you asked for my opinion and you can't back it up with anything except "they look and act like 16 year old stoners" get lost kid

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

trey Parker and Matt Stone both worked on this game tirelessly to ensure it fit well for the series and game.

Having watched the way these men talk and act, this is highly unlikely. Both are about 40 years of age yet sound like 16 year old stoners. i.e. bums

You watched south park for 2 seconds and you watched a youtube video about Trey and Matt for 5 seconds and you think you know all about them. I highly doubt you even played 2 seconds of The Stick of Truth.

You call them 16year olds yet you are the one acting childish.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Game is awesome. Aside from technical issues, the gameplay is fun, the story is funny and interesting, and it's frigging South Park. The only "qeastion" is if they'll hopefully make another game.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

You watched south park for 2 seconds and you watched a youtube video about Trey and Matt for 5 seconds and you think you know all about them. I highly doubt you even played 2 seconds of The Stick of Truth.

This dude is blatantly just talking shit to annoy people. "LOL South Park is stoopid" Abandon thread :D

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@locopatho said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

This dude is blatantly just talking shit to annoy people. "LOL South Park is stoopid" Abandon thread :D

He may be aiming for annoying but mostly misses and people end up laughing at him and feeling sorry for him.

And if thats what he is going for then there is no hope :(

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My Friend...

Denial Doesnt...

Change Reality...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My Friend...

Denial Doesnt...

Change Reality...

You just proved what I said

Good job, friend

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

This has nothing to do with SW. Please consider what you post where before doing so and if you do decide your thread is worthwhile maybe consider a blog instead if its not in anyway connected to the board you're posting it on.