Is Sony/PS3 doing well?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts
I was worried about the PS3. I am a fan of all systems, (Competition is a good thing) but every time I am at a game store they all tell me the same thing. The Wii and Xbox 360 is doing very well, but the PS3 sales are not good. Can someone tell me the sales numbers accross the board? Is the PS3 going to be like the PS2 where it starts off with low sales due to bad games, but comes on strong as good games become available.
spidey008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 spidey008
Member since 2002 • 2309 Posts
I think the PS3 is not doing good right now. *Points finger to price*
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
yah i thnk the ps3 is not doing well with youngsters like the age of 10-17yrs old. they cant afford it and i dont think their mommie will or daddy will buy it for them.
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts
I was worried about the PS3. I am a fan of all systems, (Competition is a good thing) but every time I am at a game store they all tell me the same thing. The Wii and Xbox 360 is doing very well, but the PS3 sales are not good. Can someone tell me the sales numbers accross the board? Is the PS3 going to be like the PS2 where it starts off with low sales due to bad games, but comes on strong as good games become available.mgools
First of all the PS2 launched with 4 AAA games(Madden, Tekken, FIFA, SSX). The slow sales were due to production issues. The PS2 didn't really start selling multimillions per month until the price went down. The PS3 is going to be here for a while and when it's all said and done, they will be no less than 2nd in the console war, but probably first. They don't abandon their consoles after 4 years, and the Wii will be so outdated a year from now that the interest will be minimal. Patience young man, patience.
fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts
Sales-wise, the PS3 is at about 2 million, and it hasn't launched in Europe yet. So it's doing fine, but not phenomenal like the Wii.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#6 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Sales-wise, the PS3 is at about 2 million, and it hasn't launched in Europe yet. So it's doing fine, but not phenomenal like the Wii.fuzzysquash
I don't know if it's a good idea to give any numbers. The top two sites people use to give sales numbers dfifer by about 500,000 on PS3 figures... :?
pacopoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pacopoolio
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
It's sitting in stores in America 3 months after release which is unheard of, and more and more are not reordering because they cannot get rid of their current stock. It's getting outsold by the Wii 4 to 1 in Japan. There are no proven killer exclusive apps coming out for it this year. It's in big trouble unless something changes.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
I was worried about the PS3. I am a fan of all systems, (Competition is a good thing) but every time I am at a game store they all tell me the same thing. The Wii and Xbox 360 is doing very well, but the PS3 sales are not good. Can someone tell me the sales numbers accross the board? Is the PS3 going to be like the PS2 where it starts off with low sales due to bad games, but comes on strong as good games become available.mgools
Wrong place to ask. Cows will tell you the PS3 is selling like hotcakes, it cant be kept in stock, the xtra $200 justify the blu ray drive and that rumble is last gen. Now that they may be getting rumble back its probably "next gen" to have rumble.
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
Can someone tell me the sales numbers accross the board?mgools
nobody knows for sure, but we belive 360 is at about 11,000,000, Wii is at about 4,000,000 and PS3 is at about 2,000,000
The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts
Sales-wise, the PS3 is at about 2 million, and it hasn't launched in Europe yet. So it's doing fine, but not phenomenal like the Wii.fuzzysquash
The Wii has dried up though.... it's not a gaming system that's going to competitive in the long run.
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"]Sales-wise, the PS3 is at about 2 million, and it hasn't launched in Europe yet. So it's doing fine, but not phenomenal like the Wii.The_G00se
The Wii has dried up though....

keep telling yourself that
CitizenGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CitizenGeek
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts

[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"]Sales-wise, the PS3 is at about 2 million, and it hasn't launched in Europe yet. So it's doing fine, but not phenomenal like the Wii.The_G00se
The Wii has dried up though.... it's not a gaming system that's going to competitive in the long run.

Yes, I agree. And I think the PS3 is doing just fine.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
PS3 is pretty expensive compared to other game consoles. Those that don't know much about what to expect from each console is gonna go for the cheaper price. I think that's the reason it's selling so slowly. Am I the only one who thought the PS2 was very expensive when it came out as well. At that time I couldn't work, that's probably why.
xboxps2cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xboxps2cube
Member since 2005 • 1362 Posts
PS3 is pretty expensive compared to other game consoles. Those that don't know much about what to expect from each console is gonna go for the cheaper price. I think that's the reason it's selling so slowly. Am I the only one who thought the PS2 was very expensive when it came out as well. At that time I couldn't work, that's probably why. majadamus
not all consumers think cheap you know. thats the only logic here. for a console that been out for the time length... its doing fine.
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts
if by "well" you mean "failing horribly", then yes... the ps3 is doing very "well"... :D
her0_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 her0_54
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
It's doing ok, just not as great as Wii or 360. It will last longer then those two however, so if we give it time, it should be able to get up and grab the competition.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
For a $600 console it's doing pretty well. Compared to the Wii and 360, though, its mediocre at best. As for sales, nobody knows particularly, but VGCharts.org (instant controversy) has the following: 360: 9.36 million 56.52% market share Wii: 5.2 million 31.4% market share PS3: 2 million 12.07% market share
ramey70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ramey70
Member since 2006 • 4002 Posts
if by "well" you mean "failing horribly", then yes... the ps3 is doing very "well"... :Dtango90101
Exaggerate much?
casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts

Which makes no sense, because the Wii has no HDD or online. PS3 is 3 times the machine the Wii is.

The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts
[QUOTE="The_G00se"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"]Sales-wise, the PS3 is at about 2 million, and it hasn't launched in Europe yet. So it's doing fine, but not phenomenal like the Wii.hazbazz

I actually have a Wii and my kids (6 and 3) don't even play it that much. It got old really fast. Just my opinion... they always want to play the PS3. The Wii is cute for kids... for adults, it's just plain silly.
pacopoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pacopoolio
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="hazbazz"][QUOTE="The_G00se"][QUOTE="fuzzysquash"]Sales-wise, the PS3 is at about 2 million, and it hasn't launched in Europe yet. So it's doing fine, but not phenomenal like the Wii.The_G00se

I actually have a Wii and my kids (6 and 3) don't even play it that much. It got old really fast. Just my opinion... they always want to play the PS3. The Wii is cute for kids... for adults, it's just plain silly.

Haha, riiiiight. It's odd that all of the 25-35 year olds I know only care about a combination of the Wii/360, and that that holds true throughout the anecdotes I see across the Internet as well.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts
March will be a nice turning point for the system in NA and obviously a big deal in Europe. It is not doing well in Japan , and I don't really expect it to the first year by looking at the lineup.