Is sexual voilence too much?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by uninspiredcup (8882 posts) 11 months, 8 days ago

Poll: Is sexual voilence too much? (21 votes)

Yes 19%
No 81%

My friends, before we commence, it's probably worth asking, politely... that the young Metal Gear Solid people who tend to just have a positive response for the sake of a positive response, think objectively and maturely, rather than blind voting because they enjoy watching these anime movies.

Is this just too much? The poor lady (who is not allowed to speak by design) already caused a fuss when she was dressed like some sort of S&M prostitute with leather gloves, torn prostitute like tights and little panties.

Now, apparently, she gets tied up with a bag over her head and stabbed in the tits with cattle prods.

Is this just reaching a point of sexual sadism? Id Carolyn Petit reviews this video game titles and (rightly) calls it out, do the inevitable rabble really deserve to attack her?

#1 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10588 posts) -

Its Konami...

#2 Posted by wis3boi (31456 posts) -

*slow clap*

#3 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

that's not sexual violence...

That's just nondiscriminatory torture for what's probably an interrogation. And since this game is trying to go for the side of war we all know is real yet try to forget about, it's not really surprising that there is a scene like this.

Remember how badly Naked Snake/Big Boss got it in MGS3?

#4 Posted by uninspiredcup (8882 posts) -

@handssss said:

And since this game is trying to go for the side of war we all know is real yet try to forget about, it's not really surprising that there is a scene like this.

My friend, ladys dressed as an S&M hooker, with a guy in a gimp mask with cattleprods, aiming specifically at her tits is generally not the side of war we see, because it's not a side of war. What you are saying here, is what we call "pretentious wank".

#5 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10588 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@handssss said:

And since this game is trying to go for the side of war we all know is real yet try to forget about, it's not really surprising that there is a scene like this.

My friend, ladys dressed as an S&M hooker, with a guy in a gimp mask with cattleprods, aiming specifically at her tits is generally not the side of war we see, because it's not a side of war. What you are saying here, is what we call "pretentious wank".

What you said is really not all that obscene compared to other media

#6 Edited by l34052 (3211 posts) -

Dont see a problem myself, its only a game after all not real life. Its no worse than the torture scene in GTA V and i thoroughly enjoyed that too.

#7 Edited by uninspiredcup (8882 posts) -

My friend, I respect your opinion and no doubt given how Kojima constantly attempts to copy-paste Mr Tarantino, it would be of no surprise if this scene is a straight ripoff. The scene you are most likely referring too does not feature (outside of that scene) the gaint bald African American man or Bruce Willis running around in a bikini and a thong with no reason what-so ever. These are characters, she is an object.

#8 Edited by dommeus (9368 posts) -

Just because it's violence against a scantily clad woman doesn't make it sexual.

All other forms of media have already exhibited sexual violence in kind. I don't see any reason why games should be excluded from this. Obviously depicted sexual violence, not interactive...

The fact is, as abhorrent as it is, sexual violence is a part of our society. If games can challenge political and religious ideologies, racism, sexism, violence, the horrors of war, insanity, depression, amnesia, death etc., then why not? Sexual violence isn't exclusively a male on female savagery.

#9 Edited by uninspiredcup (8882 posts) -

@dommeus said:

The fact is, as abhorrent as it is, sexual violence is a part of our society. If games can challenge political and religious ideologies

By sticking her in a bikini and stabbing her in the tits with cattle prods?

#10 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10588 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, I respect your opinion and no doubt given how Kojima constantly attempts to copy-paste Mr Tarantino, it would be of no surprise if this scene is a straight ripoff. The scene you are most likely referring too does not feature (outside of that scene) the gaint bald African American man or Bruce Willis running around in a bikini and a thong with no reason what-so ever.

I'm not your friend, guy.

The rape scene is with Ving Rhames, Bruce Willis and Peter Greene is more severe than a bit of electroshock - I don't see this as any worse than anything from The Punisher game or the torture scene in GTA V.
Plus the Japanese are perverts, how is this anything more than standard fare in some of their adult media?

#11 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

Depends on the context and how it's handled.

#12 Edited by uninspiredcup (8882 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

Plus the Japanese are perverts,

My friend, this is racism.

#13 Posted by silversix_ (14779 posts) -

How is this gif sexual in anyway? Also KOJIMA.

#14 Edited by naz99 (1383 posts) -

Personally I cant enjoy sex unless im punching my partner in the face at the same time.....sexual violence for the win!!!..............*note: I reserve the right to pretend I did not say any of the above at any time* *cough**cough*!

I suppose it really matters how it is presented and what context it is in and what is offensive or to much for one person is ok for another

#15 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10588 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

If only I had something like used panty vending machines in Japan to back up my claim, or hardcore manga and hentai that more often than not involves something other than human on human....among other more graphic types

#16 Posted by silversix_ (14779 posts) -
@uninspiredcup said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Well you gotta have to deal with it cuz its a known fact. This is what happens when most of the population are single.

#17 Posted by dommeus (9368 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@dommeus said:

The fact is, as abhorrent as it is, sexual violence is a part of our society. If games can challenge political and religious ideologies

By sticking her in a bikini and stabbing her in the tits with cattle prods?

1) Her creepy over-sexualisation doesn't make it sexual violence.

2) People are often 'prodded' in their chests. It isn't like they've hooked up her vagina to a car battery.

This is from wikipedia:

'Sexual violence is any sexual act or attempt to obtain a sexual act by violence or coercion, unwanted sexual comments or advances, acts to traffic a person or acts directed against a person's sexuality, regardless of the relationship to the victim, in any setting.'

If a man was sat in that chair, you wouldn't have said anything, which basically proves it isn't sexual violence.

#18 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2765 posts) -

Never understood why people think sex makes things worse. How is "sexual sadism" worse than normal sadism and why is torture more acceptable than rape? They're equal but since one of them generally involves a woman, it's off limits in this society.

#19 Edited by edidili (3449 posts) -

Sexual violence? Looks like torture to me, why do you label it sexual? Was that torture part in GTA V sexual violence too? I guess it was not because it was a man getting tortured.

#20 Edited by Pariah- (657 posts) -

It's already well known that you dislike Metal Gear. There's no need to further confirm it by making empty back-handed commentary.

"Sexual violence" is a deconstructionist overreach if I ever heard one. You're taking connotative liberties with your description in an effort to conflate eroticism with what is clearly a torturous interrogation. Maybe if we were talking about whips and nipple-clamps, you'd have a leg to stand on.

#21 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3606 posts) -

It's not sexual violence.

#22 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

Yeah, that is not sexual violence. /thread

#23 Edited by uninspiredcup (8882 posts) -
@Pariah- said:

"Sexual violence" is a deconstructionist overreach if I ever heard one.

You should play Metal Gear Solid.

@Pariah- said:
. Maybe if we were talking about whips and nipple-clamps, you'd have a leg to stand on.

Indeed. Stabbing a bikini clad girl in the tits with electrified cattle prods is a totally different thing.

My friend, being an apologist will not change reality. Video gaming is a well known seedy business feeding of the most vile human impulses. Games such as Shogun 2 handle sex with greater maturely and relevance than this, nonsense.

#24 Posted by tymeservesfate (1938 posts) -

when ISN'T sexual violence too much? smh, either way...i'd barely call that sexual violence unless your mind made it sexual. its violent, yea. but just because its a woman being tortured shouldnt make it sexual. i shot electric charges through a man's nipples in GTA 5 and i didnt consider it sexual, it was just fucked up. so there's no reason for this example to be sexual either imo.

#25 Edited by j_assassin (908 posts) -

oh boy! after seeing this I just suddenly feel like torturing someone just like that gif

#26 Posted by uninspiredcup (8882 posts) -

My friends, we must find out who is reviewing this.

#27 Edited by GamingGod999 (3002 posts) -

Doesn't bother me.

#28 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2732 posts) -

It's a japanese game don't forget that.

#29 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27858 posts) -

This is not a SW topic.