Is Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate enough to make you buy a Wii U?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -

Its a really good game. The combat is tight, the multiplayer is really fun, and its a really deep game. You can easily spend 100s of hours on it.

Isn't that what Wii U's been missing, a game worth the purchase of it? Well, theres your moneys worth :D

#2 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
No.
#3 Posted by Blabadon (28471 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]
No.rjdofu
No.rjdofu
No.rjdofu
#4 Posted by Blabadon (28471 posts) -
The combat is tightSonyNintendoFan
:lol:
#5 Posted by Heil68 (47189 posts) -
We have a WiiU and I didnt like the demo, not buying.
#6 Posted by aroxx_ab (10788 posts) -

No i don't think a remake of a 3-4years old Wii game will move that many WiiU's....

I will get the game tho, but i have had WiiU since launch. I bought it for ZombiU, Wonderful 101 (which got delayed :cry: )

#7 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1231 posts) -
Not even close.
#8 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

I don't think a remake of a 3-4years old Wii game will move that many WiiU's....

aroxx_ab
Not really a remake, it's an enhanced version. But any thought of wasting money to get a whole new console just to play 1 game is absurd to me.
#9 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

You're buying an outdated console for 1 game?

lol TC.

#10 Posted by aroxx_ab (10788 posts) -

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

I don't think a remake of a 3-4years old Wii game will move that many WiiU's....

rjdofu

Not really a remake, it's an enhanced version. But any thought of wasting money to get a whole new console just to play 1 game is absurd to me.

It looks like remake to me, it is same zones, same monsters they just added; double sword, few extra monsters, changed the starter village....

#11 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17554 posts) -

lol, no.

#12 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Yup, but I'll be getting more than one game when I get a Wii U.

#13 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]

aroxx_ab

It looks like remake to me, it is same zones, same monsters they just added; double sword, few extra monsters, changed the starter village....

It has more maps, more monsters, more weapons, armors, 1 higher difficulty etc. The core gameplay isn't changed, so it's an enhanced version.
#14 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -

I love Monster Hunter but no I wouldn't buy a Wii U for an enhanced edition of a game we've had since 2010.

#15 Posted by Kjranu (1284 posts) -
This game is actually a very good example of a cash grab. They didn't even bother updating the graphics. :lol:
#16 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
This game is actually a very good example of a cash grab. They didn't even bother updating the graphics. :lol: Kjranu
Capcom.
#17 Posted by zarshack (9936 posts) -

I already have this for the Wii... so no.

#18 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -
This game is actually a very good example of a cash grab. They didn't even bother updating the graphics. :lol: Kjranu
They did. Also, they added 300+ hours of extra content, doesn't sound like a cash grab to me.
#19 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2603 posts) -

Definitely not.

Pikmin or Bayonneta will make me get a WiiU

#20 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -

lol TC.

XVision84
Your poor fool, thinking specs defines a console. Also, i already own a Wii U.
#21 Posted by MonsieurX (31693 posts) -
A port of a port of a port?
#22 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12825 posts) -
The appeal is way too limited outside of Japan.
#23 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11645 posts) -
I wouldn't buy a Wii U just for MH but since I already have it I will be picking it up.
#24 Posted by fueled-system (6339 posts) -
It basically is Monster Hunter Tri with all the elements they didn't use from Freedom Unite added in
#25 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

Almost, but I need a few more games.

#27 Posted by Crossel777 (5735 posts) -

Never actually played a MH game before and seeing as the Wii U price has dropped about £50 in some places..  Now might be the best time to get one..

#28 Posted by KungfuKitten (21409 posts) -
It basically is Monster Hunter Tri with all the elements they didn't use from Freedom Unite added infueled-system
Well I loved MH3. But this is pretty much the same game right? I'm not sure I want to play through the same game again from square one.
#29 Posted by Riverwolf007 (24189 posts) -

no.  i played the demo.

#30 Posted by fueled-system (6339 posts) -
[QUOTE="fueled-system"]It basically is Monster Hunter Tri with all the elements they didn't use from Freedom Unite added inKungfuKitten
Well I loved MH3. But this is pretty much the same game right? I'm not sure I want to play through the same game again from square one.

Not really since there iss alot added in from Tri but most of it just is stuff from Freedom Unite(which had wayyyy more content). I'd say wait for the reviews or look up what the key differences are, I am sure gamefaqs has topics on it
#31 Posted by mexicangordo (8657 posts) -

That game is so outdated its not even funny.  They hardly updated the Wii-U version...

#32 Posted by robotapple (780 posts) -

That game is so outdated its not even funny.  They hardly updated the Wii-U version...

mexicangordo

It's 1080p and 60 fps.

#33 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] [QUOTE="rjdofu"]
No.rjdofu
No.rjdofu

#34 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

robotapple

It's 1080p and 60 fps.

It can reach 60fps, but runs mostly at around 40fps.
#35 Posted by mexicangordo (8657 posts) -

[QUOTE="mexicangordo"]

robotapple

It's 1080p and 60 fps.

I rest my case...:|

#36 Posted by FinalFighters (1923 posts) -
i played the Wii version and didnt like it so probably not.
#37 Posted by KungfuKitten (21409 posts) -
[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="fueled-system"]It basically is Monster Hunter Tri with all the elements they didn't use from Freedom Unite added infueled-system

Not really since there iss alot added in from Tri but most of it just is stuff from Freedom Unite(which had wayyyy more content). I'd say wait for the reviews or look up what the key differences are, I am sure gamefaqs has topics on it

Hmm OK... That took me from 3 interest points to 6 interest points. I'll keep an eye on it. Sad to hear that it hasn't graphically progressed much. I think the MH series is one of the few that could really benefit from state of the art visuals and sound.
#38 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8459 posts) -
Was monster hunters enough to move more psp units in the west, no. So, why would MH3: U be any different? This series has always had a very small fanbase on this site, but since wii-u is in desperate need of software sheep have been rallying behind it.
#39 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9520 posts) -
Hell no.
#40 Posted by silversix_ (16187 posts) -
Haha a last gen game will make me buy a gen 8 system.
#41 Posted by freedomfreak (43524 posts) -
No. Bayonetta 2 is though.
#42 Posted by Zurrur (1701 posts) -

I wouldn't buy new system for a port which has 3 different versions

#43 Posted by Mozuckint (831 posts) -
No.rjdofu
#44 Posted by JamDev (987 posts) -
Yeah, an 'enhanced' version of a game designed to run on hardware that was 6 years out of date 7 years ago sounds like a system seller to me. Nintendo gaming; lets party like it's 1999!
#45 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -
I'll think about it. But I'd rather have The Witcher 3 on PS4 or some Killzone.
#46 Posted by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

No, i'm getting it for 3DS. I don't trust Wii's anymore.

#47 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

Yeah i'm gonna go spend $410 to play a port of a handheld game on an outdated gimmick system :lol:

#48 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

Makes me wish I had one already, but no I wont buy one just for Monster Hunter even though I do love the series. The 3DS version will just have to do.

#49 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

lol TC.

SonyNintendoFan

Your poor fool, thinking specs defines a console. Also, i already own a Wii U.

They don't define a console, but I don't think those specs will do you good when it comes to 3rd party games.

Especially the difference in RAM, 2GB vs 8GB. It's pretty enormous.

#50 Posted by rockydog1111 (2076 posts) -

Nope, not a reason for me to buy a Wii U. There are other reasons in the future, but that isn't one of them.