Is Microsoft done with Xbox 360 exclusives?

  • 50 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by DrRockso87 (2525 posts) -

Love or hate the games, no one can deny that the Xbox One definitely has plenty of games at launch and post-launch but it looks like this took its toll on the 360. Only exclusive that released this year was Gears of War: Judgement and next year is Fable Anniversary (remake of a 10-years old game). After that though, it looks like the 360 will survive off of third-party multiplats and Xbox One's leftovers (e.g. Titanfall, Project Spark, etc.)

PS3 on the other hand had a crapton of exclusives this year and many coming next year but a piss-poor PS4 launch lineup. However, many games will inevitably come to PS4 but still, waiting... ugh.

So, do you think Microsoft is pretty much done with supporting Xbox 360 with exclusives and is instead focusing on Xbox One now? Should they do that? Or should that allocate some of their game developers to support the 360 exclusively in the future?

#2 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151092 posts) -

MS didn't support their first console after the 360 launched.

#3 Posted by mems_1224 (47148 posts) -

Why would you waste time and resources on a console you're done with? Id rather they do more Xbox One exclusives instead of wasting time on the 360.

#4 Posted by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

Microsoft doesn't have enough exclusives to spread between 2 consoles, so nearly all the lineup that was planned for 360 were moved to Xbox One release.

#5 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

They were done back in 2009

#6 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151092 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Why would you waste time and resources on a console you're done with? Id rather they do more Xbox One exclusives instead of wasting time on the 360.

Because generally the larger install base is on the older console.....which means more potential software sales. Business...that's why.

#7 Posted by silversix_ (14629 posts) -

360 isn't the only console MS is done with its exclusives.

#8 Posted by mems_1224 (47148 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

Why would you waste time and resources on a console you're done with? Id rather they do more Xbox One exclusives instead of wasting time on the 360.

Because generally the larger install base is on the older console.....which means more potential software sales. Business...that's why.

So what if it has a larger install base? Why waste time on a console that has peaked when you just launched a new console that needs all the help and good attention it could get? Any new exclusives on 360 aren't going to move consoles, they might on X1. Business.....

#9 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151092 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

Why would you waste time and resources on a console you're done with? Id rather they do more Xbox One exclusives instead of wasting time on the 360.

Because generally the larger install base is on the older console.....which means more potential software sales. Business...that's why.

So what if it has a larger install base? Why waste time on a console that has peaked when you just launched a new console that needs all the help and good attention it could get? Any new exclusives on 360 aren't going to move consoles, they might on X1. Business.....

No that's not business. Business is maximizing profit. The launch is done. In general during launches the consoles sell out. It takes awhile for replenishment. The two best times to sell consoles are launch and the holidays. Both are together. Therefore, the X! has saturation at this point. After replenishment sales will continue but not at such a high degree. Therefore, and because consoles tend to sell at a loss until the break even point....it's good to have software sales to mitigate the loss.

Couple that with stock holders not being fond of the console division....and you could have dire consequences. If you move the games....losses are less....stockholders not as likely to want to discontinue or sell off the division.

THAT is business....not your fan boy rosy glasses look.

#10 Posted by bezza2011 (2529 posts) -

Microsoft are done with exclusives for 360, we all know this because all of xbox one launch games were ports from 360. they been done with exclusives since gears of wars last outing. but i guess thats a good thing tho because it means they will focus on xbox one

#11 Posted by mems_1224 (47148 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

Why would you waste time and resources on a console you're done with? Id rather they do more Xbox One exclusives instead of wasting time on the 360.

Because generally the larger install base is on the older console.....which means more potential software sales. Business...that's why.

So what if it has a larger install base? Why waste time on a console that has peaked when you just launched a new console that needs all the help and good attention it could get? Any new exclusives on 360 aren't going to move consoles, they might on X1. Business.....

No that's not business. Business is maximizing profit. The launch is done. In general during launches the consoles sell out. It takes awhile for replenishment. The two best times to sell consoles are launch and the holidays. Both are together. Therefore, the X! has saturation at this point. After replenishment sales will continue but not at such a high degree. Therefore, and because consoles tend to sell at a loss until the break even point....it's good to have software sales to mitigate the loss.

Couple that with stock holders not being fond of the console division....and you could have dire consequences. If you move the games....losses are less....stockholders not as likely to want to discontinue or sell off the division.

THAT is business....not your fan boy rosy glasses look.

Then why is it that they're focusing all their studios on the xbox one? Do you think you know more than one of the biggest companies on the planet? Consoles don't sell without games to play. Look at the Wii U and PS3.

#12 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

"Long live Xbox 360 - 60 games still to come in 2013 and 2014

Do not gently go into that red light

Look, we know it's a bit strange. For years, the Xbox 360 was our only child. We loved, reared it and every now and then had to give it a bit of telling off. But now, here we are, cooing over this strange new arrival in the crib.

Don't worry, our love for the old console hasn't gone away - there are plenty of Xbox 360 games still to come. Here are 60 off the tops of our heads, including a few games that are also on their way to Xbox One. For titles that won't make the next generation leap, read Ed's list of next year's most promising current gen exclusives."


FULL LIST HERE

#13 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

They were done back in 2009

#14 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151092 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

Why would you waste time and resources on a console you're done with? Id rather they do more Xbox One exclusives instead of wasting time on the 360.

Because generally the larger install base is on the older console.....which means more potential software sales. Business...that's why.

So what if it has a larger install base? Why waste time on a console that has peaked when you just launched a new console that needs all the help and good attention it could get? Any new exclusives on 360 aren't going to move consoles, they might on X1. Business.....

No that's not business. Business is maximizing profit. The launch is done. In general during launches the consoles sell out. It takes awhile for replenishment. The two best times to sell consoles are launch and the holidays. Both are together. Therefore, the X! has saturation at this point. After replenishment sales will continue but not at such a high degree. Therefore, and because consoles tend to sell at a loss until the break even point....it's good to have software sales to mitigate the loss.

Couple that with stock holders not being fond of the console division....and you could have dire consequences. If you move the games....losses are less....stockholders not as likely to want to discontinue or sell off the division.

THAT is business....not your fan boy rosy glasses look.

Then why is it that they're focusing all their studios on the xbox one? Do you think you know more than one of the biggest companies on the planet? Consoles don't sell without games to play. Look at the Wii U and PS3.

PS3 sold. It caught up to or surpassed the 360 (depending on which figures you read) in a year's less time. Sony always mitigates it's losses by supporting the outgoing console. When the PS3 was too expensive the PS2 software sales generated money for the company. By the time Sony discontinued the PS2....the PS3 was established.

Maximizing profit is always the bottom line in business. Cutting off a profitable source is not good business sense. You bleed it dry for every penny it's worth. MS has decided to continue 360 sales......how does that make sense if there isn't any games for it?

And if you've been keeping up with MS financial news you would know there is rumblings from within to get out of the game market.

But hey.....you just believe what you want to believe. I guess my business degree is meaningless when it comes to SW.

#15 Posted by blackace (20753 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Why would you waste time and resources on a console you're done with? Id rather they do more Xbox One exclusives instead of wasting time on the 360.

They still have 100 games coming out for the XBox 360 in the next 2 years, so I don't think they are done with the XBox 360 just yet. Nobody knows how many of those games will be exclusive. I'm sure they will still get plenty of XBLA exclusives.

#16 Posted by mems_1224 (47148 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

Why would you waste time and resources on a console you're done with? Id rather they do more Xbox One exclusives instead of wasting time on the 360.

Because generally the larger install base is on the older console.....which means more potential software sales. Business...that's why.

So what if it has a larger install base? Why waste time on a console that has peaked when you just launched a new console that needs all the help and good attention it could get? Any new exclusives on 360 aren't going to move consoles, they might on X1. Business.....

No that's not business. Business is maximizing profit. The launch is done. In general during launches the consoles sell out. It takes awhile for replenishment. The two best times to sell consoles are launch and the holidays. Both are together. Therefore, the X! has saturation at this point. After replenishment sales will continue but not at such a high degree. Therefore, and because consoles tend to sell at a loss until the break even point....it's good to have software sales to mitigate the loss.

Couple that with stock holders not being fond of the console division....and you could have dire consequences. If you move the games....losses are less....stockholders not as likely to want to discontinue or sell off the division.

THAT is business....not your fan boy rosy glasses look.

Then why is it that they're focusing all their studios on the xbox one? Do you think you know more than one of the biggest companies on the planet? Consoles don't sell without games to play. Look at the Wii U and PS3.

PS3 sold. It caught up to or surpassed the 360 (depending on which figures you read) in a year's less time. Sony always mitigates it's losses by supporting the outgoing console. When the PS3 was too expensive the PS2 software sales generated money for the company. By the time Sony discontinued the PS2....the PS3 was established.

Maximizing profit is always the bottom line in business. Cutting off a profitable source is not good business sense. You bleed it dry for every penny it's worth. MS has decided to continue 360 sales......how does that make sense if there isn't any games for it?

And if you've been keeping up with MS financial news you would know there is rumblings from within to get out of the game market.

But hey.....you just believe what you want to believe. I guess my business degree is meaningless when it comes to SW.

I dont really care about the business side of it. I dont work for MS. As a gamer, I want them to work on as many next gen games as possible.

#17 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25699 posts) -

It's 8+ years old, what's the point.

#18 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

MS didn't support their first console after the 360 launched.

Ditto. It's not really their style. I'd expect games to dry up for the One a few years before it's successor launches, too.

#19 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

The games coming out on the PS3 soon although mostly remakes are way more interesting than anything on the PS4 until Uncharted hits. With Microsoft consoles you have to upgrade straight away to play the best games but it's the complete opposite with Sony.

#20 Edited by FLOPPAGE_50 (770 posts) -

Titanfall

#21 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4914 posts) -

360's been dead since 2010 tbh.

Not expecting much for the PS3 either, except for whatever weeb RPGs Sony decides to localise.

#22 Posted by 2Chalupas (5117 posts) -

No. 360 is done. We know Microsoft's history, and hell like someone else said they pretty much were done after 2009.

I don't think PS3 will have very many exclusives either. I think this year was the last hurrah. I'd be shocked if there were any more really big reveals at all for PS3 exclusives. There might be a couple of b-team exclusives from Sony studios, and probably a few decent Japanese niche type games from the likes of NIS or Atlus. But that's about it.

#23 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

Fine.

"Don't worry, our love for the old console hasn't gone away - there are plenty of Xbox 360 games still to come. Here are 60 off the tops of our heads, including a few games that are also on their way to Xbox One.

1. Hellraid

Techland, 2013

A co-operative fantasy-themed combat game, the one-line pitch here would be "Dead Island meets Skyrim" - and you know what? That's actually a good pitch. Sometimes one line can be enough.

2. Young Justice: Legacy

Little Orbit, Namco Bandai, Autumn

A licensed tie-in set between Seasons 1 and 2 of the TV show, this looks to be almost exactly what you'd expect from a licensed tie-in: not great but better than X-Men: Destiny.

3. Magrunner: Dark Pulse

Frogware, Focus Home, 2013

It'd be unfair to call this a Portal rip-off - it's based around magnets, not inter-dimensional gateways but the feel is similar. At least until the Lovecraftian horror kicks in.

4. Alien Rage

City Interactive, Autumn 2013

From the makers of Sniper: Ghost Warrior. If that doesn't put you off, then this XBLA shooter in which you kill aliens with big guns offers a sliver of innovation: you destroy environments and alien cover to advance.

5. Far Cry Classic

Crytek, Ubisoft, TBC 2013

A lovely, pin-sharp and super-smooth re-release of the game that started the open-world jungle shooter sub-genre. Far Cry Classic might not be necessary if you already downloaded the Crysis re-release, however.

6. Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

Namco Bandai, Winter 2013

It's the circle of life. Man makes game. Game is huge success. Game gets licensed into a Canadian-American CGI TV show. Game publisher then decides to make a game based on that TV show.

7. LEGO Marvel: Super Heroes

Traveller's Tales, Warner Bros, 15 November

Who needs next-gen power when you've got an adorable little LEGO Hulk smashing his way through New York, as well as all the Marvel superheroes' powers? Not us. Also, they've clearly based the Iron Man model on Robert Downey Jnr.

8. How to Survive

EKO Studios, 505 Games, Autumn 2013

You wait ages for zombie survival sim and two come along at once. If State of Decay merely whet your appetite for simulated undead survival, then this isometric shooter might help satisfy your craving.

9. Warface

Crytek, 2014

Already notorious for its skimpily attired female soldier classes, this could nonetheless be an appetising team-based shooter - like Battlefield but a bit more tawdry.

10. BandFuse: Rock Legends

Realta Entertainment, Mastiff, autumn 2013

Rocksmith already tried to make an instructional guitar game work, now BandFuse is having a go at it. Plug in your real guitar and learn how to become a rock god. And oh yeah, Slash is your instructor.

11. Ben 10 Omniverse 2

High Voltage Software, D3 Publisher, winter 2013

This is going to be the "most kinetic Ben 10 game today" - or so says the press release that D3 Publisher has provided us with. We're not entirely sure what that means - or if it uses Kinect, which typically make things kinetic. But hey, it's coming out on Xbox 360.

12. Skylanders: Swap Force

Vicarious Visions, Activision, 18 October

Skylanders can now jump! The gameplay possibilities are now immense - they could, for instance, put 'platforms' in there. Parents: save time and just hand the nice man from Activision your wallet.

13. Raven's Cry

Octane Games, Topware, 26 October

Poor Octane. Imagine what it was thinking at the turn of 2013: "Nobody's making a Caribbean piracy-themed game this winter. We'll be rich!" Alas, we think Black Flag might take the wind out of this one's sails.

14. WWE 2K14

Yuke's/Visual Concepts, 2K Sports, 1 November

You all know the drill by now: big, sweaty men rub their polygons together until one of them eventually falls over. This one's got The Rock in it, which is strange because we thought he was doing movies now.

15. Adventure Time Explore The Dungeon Because I Don't Know!

Wayforward, D3 Publisher, Autumn 2013

A dose of silly, gentle surrealism from classy developer WayForward based on Pendleton Ward's Adventure Time series. There's not much detail for now, but the license is a good one and the developer has a fine pedigree.

16. Zumba Fitness: World Party

Zoe Mode, Majesco Entertainment, 16 October

You can now learn a variety of styles including Brazilian Funk, Polynesian, Jive, Celtic Bluegrass, Axe, Jazz, African and Disco, and if you're still unfit after that then there's probably no helping you.

17. Call of Duty: Ghosts

Infinity Ward, Activision, 5 November

There may be a shinier version on Xbox One, but Xbox 360 is where most of the online action will be. And with CoD famed for its consistent 60fps performance, it's not as if you'll be playing a compromised version.

18. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft, 1 November

Yo-ho! Who needs a new console when this epic sails into your local harbour? Or, you know, shop. Black Flag looks like swashbuckling return to form from the team behind Brotherhood. And Connor hasn't even been born yet!

19. Ong Bak Tri

Studio Hive, Immanitas Entertainment, 2013

Based on a Thai martial arts movie, Ong Bak Tri promises "highly cinematic quicktime events". Phew, we hate it when our QTEs are too gamey. QTEs aside, Studio Hive seems to be working on a 2.5D scrolling brawler.

20. Armored Core: Verdict Day

From Software, Namco, 27 September 2013

Another entry in the Armored Core series, Verdict Day has a heavy emphasis on online play and a semi-persistent world that resets when one faction gains dominance over the other.

21. Mistborn: Birthright

Little Orbit, 2014

A prequel to Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy, Birthright is set hundreds of years before the other games, with you playing an arrogant nobleman. The fact that we're in the middle of a Game of Thrones fantasy epic hype tsunami definitely can't hurt this game's chances.

22. Fable Anniversary

Lionhead Studios, Microsoft, February 2014

This spruced up remake should hold extra appeal for those who never played The Lost Chapters, since those parts are included here. And even if you did, you don't need an excuse to see Albion at its most fairy tale-inspired.

23. The Dark Eye: Demonicon

Kalypso, TBC

God knows what happened to this bland-looking RPG. We can't see them rushing it out to compete with Fable, so safe bets are on an early 2014 release or the poor thing being quietly left to die.

24. Destiny

Bungie, Activision, 2014

Under the incubating warmth of Respawn's former paymasters, Halo's creators have developed a gorgeous sci-fi shooter that also wants to blend story-telling and world-building into an online game.

25. Devil's Third

Valhalla Games, TBC 2013

Having bought back his own game from THQ, Ninja Gaiden creator Tomonobu Itagaki can probably put even more of his eccentric personality into this third-person action title, running on the Darksiders II engine. All he needs is a publisher. Any takers?

26. Edge of Twilight

JDJCm Fuzzyeyes Ent, TBC

Another one that was supposed to come out in summer, Edge of Twilight looks like a poor man's Witcher 2. This streampunk fantasy "blurs the line between good and evil" by casting you as Lex, a half-breed between the forces of light and dark. If it ever comes out, anyway. The elderliness of the below trailer doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

27. The Wolf Among Us (Episodes 2-4)

Telltale Games, 2013-2014

The Wolf Among Us offers The Walking Dead's narrative format applied to the world of the Fables comics, which drops fairy tale characters in everyday New York. We rather liked the first episode.

28. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Frogwares, Focus Home Interactive, 2013

Inspired by the BBC's Sherlock, Crimes and Punishment will let you perform investigations from Holmes' point of view, with text overlays pointing out things like signs of recent exertion on witnesses, as well telltale marks on their clothes.

29. Cross of the Dutchman

Triangle Studios, 2014

An action-adventure with a piratical theme, this offers top-down exploration and combat in a story based on the life of Frisian folktale hero Pier Gerlofs Donia. How many devs can say that?

30. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes

Kojima Productions, Konami, TBC

No idea when this one's coming out, but it certainly looks to be one of the more ambitious cross-platform releases. An open-world Metal Gear Solid set in Afghanistan during the Soviet war, The Phantom Pain promises to redefine the series' approach to stealth. Time will tell. There's also a prequel Ground Zeroes, which appears to feature similar mechanics and scenarios.

31. Sacred 3

Deep Silver, Keen Games, 2013

An action-RPG that's probably quaking in fear of Diablo 3. Sacred 3 was designed for consoles first, though, which may be in its favour. Its combat promises to be more interactive than Diablo's detached clicking.

32. Rambo: The Video Game

Teyon, Reef Ent, TBC

An adaptation of not one, but the first three Rambo films, this one's languishing in development limbo. It's a first-person shooter, and actors from the film series will appear.

33. LocoCycle

Twisted Pixel, Microsoft, 2013

Motorcycle racer LocoCycle looks like Tron with a dash of Knight Rider. Sentient motorcycle I.R.I.S races and battles her way to victory over evil rival bike, S.P.I.K.E. It's out on Xbox One too.

34. Axiom Verge

Tom Happ, 2013

This sounds fascinating. Based around the notion that it's fun to break games as much as it is to succeed at them, this indie title sees you using glitches to triumph in a Metroidvania-structured, 8-bit world.

35. Murdered: Soul Suspect

Airtight Games, Square Enix, 2014

Like a ghostly L.A. Noire, Soul Suspect sees you solving the mystery of your own death as a spirit in present-day Salem. Linear storytelling it might be, but Murdered looks rather atmospheric.

36. Bound By Flame

Spiders, Focus Home Interactive, 2014

Between this and Mars: War Logs, little-known dev Spiders isn't afraid to punch above its weight. This action-RPG offers the usual stuff: monsters, open environments, and a morality system, but it does look pretty.

37. The Walking Dead: Season 2

Telltale Games, TBC

Who needs to play games for fun when you have bleak misery and harrowing moral dilemmas? There's still no word on what Season 2's story will be about, or whether characters will return, but let's hope Telltale can take the momentum from Season 1 and make something special.

38. Harold

Moonspider Studios, TBC 2013

"It's like playing a cartoon" is one of gaming's greatest clichés, but it really does apply here. Animation is so important to Moonspider, in fact, that we have to resurrect another old standby: you must see it in motion.

39. Contrast

Compulsion, Focus Home Interactive, 2013

An eerie blend of BioShock and '20's noir, you're a young girl's imaginary friend. The title refers to the interplay between light and shadow: approach a wall and your shade will platform across the shadows in two dimensions.

40. World of Tanks

Wargaming.net, 2013

Wargaming's free-to-play behemoth could well crush all other comers under its treads. It's already done so on PC, where the studio enjoys over 60 million registered users. The beta is on-going as we write.

41. The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Neocore Games, TBC 2013

So, after promising this game for both Xbox 360 and PC, Neocore went and released the title on the latter back in May this year. There's been no subsequent word on an Xbox 360 release date, though the game has only enjoyed a mildly positive reception.

42. Dark Souls II

From Software, Namco, March 2014

Dark Souls II looks like it's going to be an intelligent and thoughtful continuation of Dark Souls' good work, with improved multiplayer and plenty of cruel new ways to extinguish all hope in players. Can't wait.

43. Wolfenstein: The New Order

MachineGames, Bethesda, December 2013

The most exciting thing about this is that former member of Starbreeze are making it. Riddick and The Darkness were uncommonly atmospheric FPSs. This will hopefully offer the same.

44. South Park: The Stick of Truth

Obsidian, Ubisoft, TBC

An odd one. Ubisoft snapped this up for cheap following THQ's filing for bankruptcy, but the game's been absent from release lists. Still, expect a wittily profane riff on the JRPG when it does turn up.

45. Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut

Eidos Montreal, Square Enix, TBC 2013

Have you replayed Deus Ex: Human Revolution yet? If not, don't! You'd do well to hang on for this version, which comes with improved boss battles and other subtle reworkings. Though it is a game about choice, above all, so don't let us tell you what to do.

46. Prey 2

Human Head (?), Bethesda, TBC

Quite possibly dead in the water, we're afraid. Rumours suggest that Human Head has had the game snatched away by Bethesda, which is a pity because the open-world bounty hunting theme had a great deal of promise. Still, we hear that Dishonored developer Arkane has picked up where they left off.

47. Titanfall

Respawn, EA, 2014

The multiplayer shooter from the real makers of Call of Duty, Titanfall sees you piloting mechs or running on-foot around a series of futuristic battlefields, with narrative and NPCs weaved into the online experience. We still don't know who's developing the Xbox 360 version, but Respawn's dead chuffed with their progress.

48. Fantasia: Music Evolved

Harmonix, Disney Interactive, 2014

Fantasia: Music Evolved is slated to be the Halo: Combat Evolved of music games, apparently. This Kinect-utilising journey through Disney's history will release at some point next year. We've got to admit, though, it might be worth holding out for the Xbox One's improved Kinect.

49. Project CARS

Slightly Mad Studios, 2014

The "Community Assisted Racing Simulator" has been funded by the devs with the help of their fans, making this project free from publisher interference. It's a game for car nuts so hardcore they think Forza is Mario Kart.

50. Furious 4

Gearbox, Ubisoft, 2014

Initially a Brothers in Arms game, this title's gone AWOL. Randy Pitchford's confirmed it's now a new IP, one which is undergoing "drastic changes". Possibly never to emerge, but it was announced for Xbox 360 all the same.

51. Earth Defense Force 2025

Sandloft, D3 Publisher, February 2014

Who needs things like budgets, textures, production values, bespoke animations and polish when you've got massive bugs and loads of guns? Earth Defense Force is gaming's greatest B-movie franchise, and another dose of bug killing is due for release early next year.

52. Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z

Team Ninja, Tecmo Koei, 2014

It's Ninja Gaiden, but evil. And no, those of you who hated the previous instalment, we're not talking about Ninja Gaiden 3. This cel-shaded side-story sees you play a villain "killed" by Ryo Haybusa, on a quest for revenge.

53. Thief

Eidos Montreal, Square Enix, 2014

This might be a next-gen poster boy, but if Dishonored can work on Xbox 360 we're sure Thief will look and play fine. This reboot offers Medieval-themed stealth that's more about what you take than who you kill.

54. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

Square Enix, 14 February 2014

Rounding off the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, Lightning's big comeback promises a tweaked battle system as well an intriguing structure. Lightning will have 13 in-game days in order to save the world, and you'll have to factor in the relentless ticking clock to your decision making.

55. The Evil Within

Tango Gameworks, Bethesda, 2014

This promises to be pure, uncut survival horror from Shinji Mikami, the man who made Resident Evil and then made it all over again with Resident Evil 4. The Evil Within looks surreal, terrifying and brilliant.

56. Dragon Age: Inquisition

BioWare, EA, 2014

After alienating fans with the relatively defined player character and story in Dragon Age 2, you can expect more freedom in Inquisition, which has dropped the 'III'. The levels are larger, multiple playable races are back, and there's no frame narrative to trip you up.

57. Mad Max: The Video Game

Avalanche, Warner Bros, 2014

It's a perfect fit - Avalanche brings the explosive, open-world knowhow and Warner Bros brings the licence. That said, this isn't a film tie-in: it's a fresh experience within the Mad Max universe.

58. Sniper Elite 3

Rebellion, 505 Games, 2014

Not much available on this one just yet, but there's a surprisingly passionate army of keen snipers out there, and Rebellion's snipey, stealthy World War II sequel will continue where Sniper Elite V2 left off. Will we be able to snipe Hitler again? Probably. Sniping Hitler never gets old.

59. Dying Light

Techland, Warner Bros Interactive, 2014

It seems you can get bored of paradise, but not of making zombie games. Dying Light's an open-world zombie game set in apocalypse-stricken city, blending free-running and exploration with weapon-forging and killing monsters.

60. Trials Fusion

RedLynx, Ubisoft, 2014

We know very, very little about this other than the fact it's going to feature stunts (which makes us a bit nervous) and that it's going to link up with smartphone version, Trials Frontier. Still, we're revving our engines in anticipation."

FULL ARTICLE HERE

#24 Posted by blackace (20753 posts) -

So many games. So little time.

#25 Posted by freedomfreak (40630 posts) -

They have been done for quite a while. This year has been absolutely pathetic.

#26 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151092 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

PS3 sold. It caught up to or surpassed the 360 (depending on which figures you read) in a year's less time. Sony always mitigates it's losses by supporting the outgoing console. When the PS3 was too expensive the PS2 software sales generated money for the company. By the time Sony discontinued the PS2....the PS3 was established.

Maximizing profit is always the bottom line in business. Cutting off a profitable source is not good business sense. You bleed it dry for every penny it's worth. MS has decided to continue 360 sales......how does that make sense if there isn't any games for it?

And if you've been keeping up with MS financial news you would know there is rumblings from within to get out of the game market.

But hey.....you just believe what you want to believe. I guess my business degree is meaningless when it comes to SW.

I dont really care about the business side of it. I dont work for MS. As a gamer, I want them to work on as many next gen games as possible.

Then I guess it was kind of pointless for you to engage in an argument over it.....

#27 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151092 posts) -

@danabo:

Put that size list in a spoiler...no need to make everyone scroll. Second.....read the word exclusive.

#28 Posted by misterpmedia (3387 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

MS didn't support their first console after the 360 launched.

@Sweenix said:

They were done back in 2009

@bezza2011 said:

Microsoft are done with exclusives for 360, we all know this because all of xbox one launch games were ports from 360. they been done with exclusives since gears of wars last outing. but i guess thats a good thing tho because it means they will focus on xbox one

@GrenadeLauncher said:

360's been dead since 2010 tbh.

Not expecting much for the PS3 either, except for whatever weeb RPGs Sony decides to localise.

Came to post all these answers in one, as they are correct.

#29 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

LMAO...Um...where have you been? Xbox 360 has been on life support for years now. Get with the program.

#30 Edited by starwolf474 (671 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Microsoft is probably done with Xbox 360 exclusives and I'm happy about that since I would rather they focus their time and resources on Xbox One instead.

Some people like to praise Sony for supporting their old consoles even after the new one has released, but I actually consider that a bad thing because it leads to their new console taking years before it is worth owning and those games not getting to take advantage of the new technology that is out.

Sony has released a lot of great games for the PS3 this year, but by doing that, they have left absolutely nothing worth buying on the PS4. If Sony had saved The Last of Us for PS4 instead of releasing it on PS3; it would have been the killer app that would have made the PS4 worth owning, but as it stands now, I probably won't get a PS4 until Uncharted 4 is released because their PS4 game lineup is just pathetic.

They did the same thing last gen when they released the amazing God of War 2 for the PS2 at a time when the PS3 had nothing worth owning. Had they released that game for PS3 instead, we would have never had 2 years of the PS3 not having any games while Xbox 360 and Wii were kicking ass with amazing games because they weren't splitting their resources onto last gen consoles.

#31 Edited by chapnzaba (2302 posts) -

They've been done with the 360 for a couple years now...

#32 Posted by bezza2011 (2529 posts) -

@starwolf474 said:

I'm pretty sure Microsoft is probably done with Xbox 360 exclusives and I'm happy about that since I would rather they focus their time and resources on Xbox One instead.

Some people like to praise Sony for supporting their old consoles even after the new one has released, but I actually consider that a bad thing because it leads to their new console taking years before it is worth owning and those games not getting to take advantage of the new technology that is out.

Sony has released a lot of great games for the PS3 this year, but by doing that, they have left absolutely nothing worth buying on the PS4. If Sony had saved The Last of Us for PS4 instead of releasing it on PS3; it would have been the killer app that would have made the PS4 worth owning, but as it stands now, I probably won't get a PS4 until Uncharted 4 is released because their PS4 game lineup is just pathetic.

They did the same thing last gen when they released the amazing God of War 2 for the PS2 at a time when the PS3 had nothing worth owning. Had they released that game for PS3 instead, we would have never had 2 years of the PS3 not having any games while Xbox 360 and Wii were kicking ass with amazing games because they weren't splitting their resources onto last gen consoles.

i have a ps4 i don't mind because 3rd party games are better on the system than last gens offerings but, this paragraph is spot on, if the last of us was held off just a few more months we the gamer would of been better off and sony would have more games, the same can go for why they have now put gran turismo 6 out when ps4 is out, and even south park stick of truth is going to suffer because it is on last gen and i really wanted that game. there is also dark souls 2 coming out next year which if i'm correct is only coming out for ps3, it's sort of a nice move from sony to support the gamers who don't want to step up but a bad move when you need to support a new console.

#33 Posted by Desmonic (14110 posts) -

That really is one of the positives Sony has, they do support their old consoles after the new one comes out. Happened with the PS1, PS2 and it's now happening with the PS3. It's not only just multiplats, they'll have a couple exclusives coming out too giving you reasons to buy it or (most likely) still play it. Few examples that come to mind: GT6, Ratchet Nexus, Persona 5, KH 2.5 and likely a couple more.

Loads of people won't buy a new console in it's first year or even it's second year. It's good to know that at least a couple of new games will release in the meantime.

That's not to say that fully supporting your new console is a bad thing per say. It's simply a different strategy.

#34 Posted by mems_1224 (47148 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

PS3 sold. It caught up to or surpassed the 360 (depending on which figures you read) in a year's less time. Sony always mitigates it's losses by supporting the outgoing console. When the PS3 was too expensive the PS2 software sales generated money for the company. By the time Sony discontinued the PS2....the PS3 was established.

Maximizing profit is always the bottom line in business. Cutting off a profitable source is not good business sense. You bleed it dry for every penny it's worth. MS has decided to continue 360 sales......how does that make sense if there isn't any games for it?

And if you've been keeping up with MS financial news you would know there is rumblings from within to get out of the game market.

But hey.....you just believe what you want to believe. I guess my business degree is meaningless when it comes to SW.

I dont really care about the business side of it. I dont work for MS. As a gamer, I want them to work on as many next gen games as possible.

Then I guess it was kind of pointless for you to engage in an argument over it.....

you replied to me.

#35 Posted by coasterguy65 (5970 posts) -

I've never understood why people on here only seem to count First Party retail games. Like there are no other games coming out for a console. Both the 360 and the PS3 are still getting Live / PSN games, and Third Party games. Dropping support would be no new games coming out for the system at all...sheesh.

#36 Edited by lamprey263 (23957 posts) -

Titanfall will be exclusive to MS systems, be it Xbox 360, X1, or Windows PCs.

#37 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

360 has plenty of games coming out for it but I'm glad they focused on The One unlike Sony with the PS4. There is no reason to purchase the PS4 until early 2015 unless you just bought it at launch to support Sony.

#38 Edited by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Titanfall will be exclusive to MS systems, be it Xbox 360, X1, or Windows PCs.

Evidence that weed is killing brain cells.

#39 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Why would you waste time and resources on a console you're done with? Id rather they do more Xbox One exclusives instead of wasting time on the 360.

^^^

yup 360 may have bigger players, but you can't keep catering to them if you wish to grow your newest product

@lamprey263 said:

Titanfall will be exclusive to MS systems, be it Xbox 360, X1, or Windows PCs.

Still think 360 version will get canned. We have only heard of it coming once back at e3, but THATS IT no more info on it at all!

#40 Posted by lamprey263 (23957 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

@lamprey263 said:

Titanfall will be exclusive to MS systems, be it Xbox 360, X1, or Windows PCs.

Still think 360 version will get canned. We have only heard of it coming once back at e3, but THATS IT no more info on it at all!

well, it has been rather tight lipped, but it's not coming out until March I think so we're bound to hear more closer to release

but we did get this - http://n4g.com/news/1384152/titanfall-will-make-use-of-one-shared-cloud-for-the-xbox-one-pc-and-xbox-360 - based on a Tweet from Zampella that the X360, X1, and PC versions will all be using teh cloud, which is telling at least that the Xbox 360 version is still under development... though I could see you being right about it getting canned, in so far as a measure to more heavy-handedly promote sales of the X1

#41 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

MS didn't support their first console after the 360 launched.

Do you ever not try to make things up?

#42 Posted by lamprey263 (23957 posts) -

@FragTycoon said:

@lamprey263 said:

Titanfall will be exclusive to MS systems, be it Xbox 360, X1, or Windows PCs.

Evidence that weed is killing brain cells.

and how's that?

more like a like a lack of weed creates douchey know-it-all fanboys

apparently, watching the endlessly dull MGS cutscenes has been more detrimental to brain cells than weed has

#43 Edited by SolidTy (43354 posts) -

@danabo said:

Fine.

"Don't worry, our love for the old console hasn't gone away -

there are plenty of Xbox 360 games still to come. Here are 60 off the tops of our heads,

including a few games that are also on their way to Xbox One.

He's asking about exclusives in the OP, and specifically M$ support. You are listing too long a list of games like COD:Ghosts, Young Justice Legacy, PC low scoring Alien Raid, Warface, Pacman, South Park, Contrast, Dark Souls 2, Tetris, Thief, Lightening Returns:FFXIII, Dragon Age, Tetris, and Lego Marvel just to name a few.

Those games not published by M$ and are multiplatform and not even exclusive. You are posting an article from October and some of those games came out as well. You changed the goalposts and then answered a different question than what the TC asked.

It's true that riddled in your list MIGHT be some exclusives, but it would be nice if you answered that question instead of spamming a giant list of multiplatform games and possibly some actual exclusives. I would imagine some of those exclusives are XBLA because I never heard of them (then again, they may be PC titles that did poorly like Alien Raid), I wonder if they will get cancelled. As a gamer who owns all the major gaming platforms I don't have a lot of time. I only turn on my 360s to use some EXCLUSIVE apps or play exclusive games released that interest me. I buy only exclusives for my two 360s at this point and reading your post chock full of multiplatform games isn't worth my time. I would use a list that was edited and accurate to what the OP is asking though.

I may pick up Titan Fall for 360, although I know it's not exclusive and I'm apprehensive of the MP only nature, it depends on some friends.

#44 Edited by senses_fail_06 (6736 posts) -

They've been done for about five years now.*

*Does not include yearly rehashes of HaloGearsForza.

#45 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Microsoft doesn't have enough exclusives to spread between 2 consoles, so nearly all the lineup that was planned for 360 were moved to Xbox One release.

Yes they do.......I think you are getting mixed up with "they don't want to" add more. However, there is Fable Anniversary.

#46 Posted by DrRockso87 (2525 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

@mems_1224 said:

Why would you waste time and resources on a console you're done with? Id rather they do more Xbox One exclusives instead of wasting time on the 360.

^^^

yup 360 may have bigger players, but you can't keep catering to them if you wish to grow your newest product

@lamprey263 said:

Titanfall will be exclusive to MS systems, be it Xbox 360, X1, or Windows PCs.

Still think 360 version will get canned. We have only heard of it coming once back at e3, but THATS IT no more info on it at all!

I asked Vince Zampella on Twitter if the 360 version was canceled and he confirmed no, it's not. It'll release the same time as the Xbox One version.

#47 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Microsoft is done for the most part, but that's not to say other game companies can't make 360 games.

That's how Sony is with the PS3 as well.

#48 Posted by scoots9 (3197 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

They were done back in 2009

#49 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28401 posts) -

@DrRockso87: the only reason the ps3 has any games coming out of sony is because this generation lasted longer than usual.

#50 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3074 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

They were done back in 2009

Pretty much this.