Is it safe to say this year's GOTY will be a PS3 exclusive?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by cainetao11 (19554 posts) -

@Michael0134567 said:

@casharmy said:
@Michael0134567 said:

I think you forgot CoD: Ghosts was coming out later this year.

When has a call of duty game ever won GOTY? In fact when has any FPS won a GOTY this gen?

So because it hasn't happened, it could never happen?

Guess he's never getting laid, huh?

#52 Posted by Aaron_R (14 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:

TLOU deserves the win, unfortunately GTAV will probably win.

i agree with this

#53 Edited by anab0lic (374 posts) -

@Legend500 said:

GTA V isn't PS3 exclusive.

even if it was it doesnt deserve goty...id give it disappointment of the year right up there with bioshock infinite as most overhyped overrated games of this year... seriously its like games reviewers were too scared to give this game a score that it actually deserves..the game play is average at best... with its clunky controls, boring skilless auto aim...cliche story...poor visuals and performance problems on the dated ps3/xbox hardware... I found it a chore to play, sold it before i even got halfway.

#54 Edited by sHaDyCuBe321 (4277 posts) -

Super Mario 3D Worlds isnt a PS3 exclusive!

#55 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3270 posts) -

GTA V will win.

Simple as that.

#56 Posted by starjet905 (1971 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

Puppeteer, Gucamelee, GT6 coming, God of War Ascension, Ni No Kuni, Thieves in time, Dust 514,

Seriously? You've got to be delusional if you think any of these are going to be GOTY.

#57 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

@PSdual_wielder said:

John_Matherson marked this as the best answer

It's safer to say GOTY will not be a 360 exclusive ;)

Its even safer to say GOTY will not be a Wii:U exclusive ;)

#58 Edited by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

GTAV will only win due to popularity and scale. Reality is TLOU, Beyond, and other unique titles deserve. If GTAV wins I'll take a 2 day break from system wars. Someone quote me on that.

DAT EARLY DAMAGE CONTROL!

#59 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -

GTA5 is going to sweep every GOTY award. I'm astounded that people don't know this yet.

As much of a PS fan I am (buying PS4 day one with KZ:SF) I done think any of those games except for TLOU will or should win anything. You're insane if you think something like GOW:A, Beyond, or Puppetear will come anywhere close to GOTY.

#60 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -

@g0ddyX: Super Mario 3D World looks really fucking good though. It's gonna surprise a lot of people. Idk about GOTY but it'll be one of the best games of 2013.

#61 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1248 posts) -

It could be a PS3 exclusive,there has been some amazing ones(although I don't think so...hello GTA V).

It certainly won't be an Xbox360 exclusive,lol

#62 Posted by John_Matherson (2086 posts) -

HAHAHAHAH It's sooo soooo sad. Lemmings, Hermits and Sheep have to cheer for GTAV because they don't have any exclusives as unique and deserving and outstanding like TLOU, Beyond, and the other PS3 titles of this year....Hahahahah soo sad. It's cute you're all joining forces

#63 Posted by KBFloYd (14732 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

HAHAHAHAH It's sooo soooo sad. Lemmings, Hermits and Sheep have to cheer for GTAV because they don't have any exclusives as unique and deserving and outstanding like TLOU, Beyond, and the other PS3 titles of this year....Hahahahah soo sad. It's cute you're all joining forces

why would sheep cheer for a game not on their system?

also sonic lost world and mario 3d world arent out yet...

though pikmin 3 and windwaker HD are amazing.

#64 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -

@John_Matherson: I'm such a Lem, buying a PS4 day one with a PS4 exclusive. So if somebody prefers GTA5 to TLOU, they're automatically a Lem? I shouldn't even try reasoning with you.

#65 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

Super Mario World 3d going to be a strong title to compare with, but not sure if it will be GOTY.

#66 Posted by Big_Pecks (5623 posts) -

People are deluding themselves with GTA V again. This site won't give it GOTY solely for a feedbackula episode.

#67 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -

Comes to something when not only can I not think of a 360 game which might contend for GOTY, but I can't even think of *any* 360 game to come out of Microsoft's studios this year.

#68 Posted by John_Matherson (2086 posts) -

Someone quote me on this.
IF GTAV wins GOTY, I will get off system wars for a week.

#69 Posted by with_teeth26 (6289 posts) -

Hopefully some of the other GS staff recognize Beyond as the steaming turd it is, TLOU is good but plays it quite safe mechanically and probably won't win GOTY as a result.

GTA V might not win if Carolyn perceived it to be misogynistic. I'd say Bioshock Infnite had it locked down but its hard to know how much sway McShea has overall since he hated it. Gone Home is another possibility since GS staff seem to go for that kind of thing.

I'd love to see Metro LL win but Its probably not going to happen.

#70 Edited by navyguy21 (13063 posts) -

Nothing will beat GTA 5, but it should probably be TLoU.

I think im going to just give in and buy it, im tired of waiting for a PS4 version :P

#71 Posted by MonsieurX (31703 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

Someone quote me on this.

IF GTAV wins GOTY, I will get off system wars for a week.

Who cares if you leave for a week?

#72 Posted by Senor_Kami (8439 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

Just saying.

Beyond, The Last of Us, Puppeteer, Gucamelee, GT6 coming, God of War Ascension, Ni No Kuni, Thieves in time, Dust 514,

I think one of those just might land the spot and make for a happy ending to this gen, and some seriously pissed off lemmings : ) What do you guys think?

Probably so, but that list is just every PS3 exclusive you could think of. Dust is flat out bad and the others are forgettable. Only two of them are actually contenders.

#73 Posted by Dog (37 posts) -

TLOU was overrated, as are most of Sony's titles these days. It was good, but not deserving of game of the year at all. GTAV easily wins my vote. Two other games I would nominate: Metro: LL and Bioshock Inf.

#74 Posted by voljin1987 (903 posts) -

I hope ni no kuni wins.. it was *sniff so beautiful

#75 Posted by xh117 (84 posts) -

GTAV will win, can't believe Journey won last year. 2012 really must have been a boring year for video games in general.

#76 Posted by Suppaman100 (4365 posts) -

@dog said:

TLOU was overrated, as are most of Sony's titles these days. It was good, but not deserving of game of the year at all. GTAV easily wins my vote. Two other games I would nominate: Metro: LL and Bioshock Inf.

LOL, saying TLOU doesn't deserve GOTY but Metro or Bioshock inf does. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

TLOU >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any of those games.

Not only my opinion, most reviewers agree with me. Probably best game this gen.

#77 Edited by sukraj (23998 posts) -

GTA V for the win.

#78 Posted by punisher1 (3203 posts) -

For me TLOU should be game of the year. But I am guessing GTA 5 will get it.

#79 Posted by Dudersaper (32950 posts) -

Lots of my contenders are multiplats, but yeah lots are exclusive too.

#80 Edited by adamosmaki (9840 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

Try harder next time. There are 3AAAE on Pc this year you troll ( but then again you probably think something like europa universallis that doesnt have sony saying is the best think ever and has a huge multimillion budget and ad campaign is not worth it )