Is it safe to say that Bioware were better when they were working with MS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

I think so. They had a great partnership. Too bad Bioware had to kill it off because of money. DA2 was just the first step into the wrong direction.

falconclan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#2 falconclan
Member since 2005 • 15885 Posts

Every developer has a misstep, I can't judge all of Biowares future based on one game. If it becomes a consistent problem I'd be worried.

I am wondering though, what exactly is so wrong with DAII? Its very dramatic from what I've seen, but I have seen no explanation...

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 percech

Every developer has a misstep, I can't judge all of Biowares future based on one game. If it becomes a consistent problem I'd be worried.

I am wondering though, what exactly is so wrong with DAII? Its very dramatic from what I've seen, but I have seen no explanation...

falconclan
A lot of things apparently, from the gameplay to the characters. My little brother was all about DA:O, I got him DAII for his birthday. He no longer wants to finish it and says the game sucks. The little runt.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#4 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

you think Bioware wanted to break it off for more cash?

*looks at Microsoft's first party teams*

you sure about that?

Also those game design changes as of late would of most likely still happened anyways. Microsoft and Sony, and the rest of the big publishers are interested in the same thing. Make back their investments and make a profit.

The developers have an interest in that as well but they don't want to just churn out garbage either.

I no doubt believe that Bioware dev teams decided thinking that the changes they've made in ME2 and DA2 were the right ones, and i no doubt believe that some people on those teams disagreed with the same disagreements people are constantly bringing up to the forums here and other places (especially the official Bioware forums).

I remember David Jaffe - who has made God of War - saying in response to the EA louse, of how people in the team wanted to make God of War a more complex game then it needed to be, and in order to force it would go above and beyond his seat in the development, even going to the Sony people. the bosses know what the underlings are doing, and didn't respond or put pressure on the guy who was trying to lead the game development.

jeffwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jeffwulf
Member since 2004 • 1569 Posts

I guess, though they made their best stuff before they even joined up with Microsoft though.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

There are those who would disagree with that mainly cause ME2. Me personally iv enjoyed thier work so far. Hell im having fun playing DA2 as I type this.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 percech

There are those who would disagree with that mainly cause ME2. Me personally iv enjoyed thier work so far. Hell im having fun playing DA2 as I type this.

finalfantasy94
ME2 was actually dumbed down from the original. More linear, lots of RPG elements taken out. Not that I didn't like it.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

I think so. They had a great partnership. Too bad Bioware had to kill it off because of money. DA2 was just the first step into the wrong direction.

percech

No. I think they were better when they worked with Interplay.

The only games they made partnering with MS were ME1 and Jade Empire, neither of which is what most BioWare fans consider to be thieir favorites

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
DAII is a great game in the very short time they had to make it. I always wonder what types of games they would have made if they didn't become part of EA.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

finalfantasy94
While ME2 is a great game it is considered the same if not more consolized then DA2.
lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"]

AdrianWerner

The only games they made partnering with MS were ME1 and Jade Empire, neither of which is what most BioWare fans consider to be thieir favorites

Mass Effect was awesome though. I have to say its up there.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"]

AdrianWerner

Bioware fans do not like Jade Empire?? That game is great. JE is also such a change in the normal RPG world. I would LOVE a new Jade Empire. Also ME1 is highly considered a great game.