Is it possible for 1of the big 3 to go bankrupt?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tony-Baxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Tony-Baxter
Member since 2003 • 6498 Posts
I dont think so.
Sony-Has several ways of making revenue (movies music games)
MS-Worth over $76 billion dollars and is selling Windows Vista.
Nintendo-Has been turning large profits since the GCn first came out and has portables.
Darthmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 Darthmatt
Member since 2002 • 8970 Posts
Well, it is possible for any company to go under. Sony is a huge company with dozens of profitable subsidiaries. I suppose if SCE continues to struggle over the next five years, sony could sell it to cover losses. The Play Station Brand is still worth $$ no matter how poorly it does. MS has tons of cash to keep the xbox afloat, so I don't see it going any where soon. They may be loosing money on hardware, but no doubt MS is making a mint on XBL subscription fees. Nintendo is independent, their only business is video games, and they do that pretty well. If they continue to make record profits like they are now, they can build up a nice cash reserve and secure a place as a hardware leader in years to come.
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
why did you even bother making this topic. MS is one of the largest companies on the planet. Sony has its electronics to back up the PS3. and the DS practically prints money
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
i wish EA was on that list.
Cpt_Meh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cpt_Meh
Member since 2005 • 1832 Posts
Nintendo would survive on handhelds. They turned a massive profit with GC, despite meager sales, which is impressive. I would almost go as far to venture a say as they are the most "powerful" of the big 3 at the moment. (ONLY in GAMING, not as a company overall)
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
Definitely not any time soon.

Plus, all 3 companies are very smart. To be honest, it will be many, many years before we see one of them go bankrupt.
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts
I think Sony is the one most likely to go bankrupt of all three. But it's a far stretch of my mind to see even them go bankrupt. Even with Blu-Ray failing. I mean, they've launched so many failed formats. I don't see why blu-ray, should it fail, would cause Sony's downfall. If anything, Sony's Games Division would've been closed within years if they didn't put Krazy Ken out of action in that department.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts
Let's see... MS has dominance over the OS market. Nintendo makes a profit off of every system Sony has its hand in pretty much anything that has to do with electronics So no, I don't think it's possible.
Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
Playstation = 60% of Sony revenue :| and they are doing bad in other sectors. Yes they can go bankrupt.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

yea this why sony got a loan from the bank just for ps3 :roll:

yes anything is possible i dont see any company going bankrupt

GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
Playstation = 60% of Sony revenue :| and they are doing bad in other sectors. Yes they can go bankrupt. Hir0_N

Lmao dont make up numbers.  Last Year they had a 1.5 billion profit. Ther doing fine. dont troll
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

i wish EA was on that list.Kook18

i wish people who stop acttacking  ea. they make decent games if you dont see it. your need a leasson in gaming

gameplaya4lyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gameplaya4lyf
Member since 2005 • 584 Posts
[QUOTE="Hir0_N"]Playstation = 60% of Sony revenue :| and they are doing bad in other sectors. Yes they can go bankrupt. GsSanAndreas

Lmao dont make up numbers.  Last Year they had a 1.5 billion profit. Ther doing fine. dont troll

I heard something like this like 2 years ago, but with the HD craze I am sure the percentage is not that high anymore unless Hiro can supply a link
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

[QUOTE="Kook18"]i wish EA was on that list.wavebrid

i wish people who stop acttacking ea. they make decent games if you dont see it. your need a leasson in gaming

besides sportsgames that i don't waste my time with anyway, not really. oh yeah & thanks eA for exploiting the hell outta microtransactions :)
Avatar image for deactivated-57a12126af02c
deactivated-57a12126af02c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57a12126af02c
Member since 2007 • 3290 Posts
Actually they all could go bankrupt...remember Enron
idealbasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 idealbasher
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts
I say sony the only good thing they got this year is (spiderman 3 that will bring in alot and a cheaper blu-ray player if it comes out this year) the company just has bad luck for almost 2 years and makes me wonder if they are working the books for stock holders
kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

I think MS is the least likely to go bankrupt.  Sony bankruptcy rumors are all over the place, and Nintendo has the least amount of money out of all three (I believe). 

That's part of the reason why I see MS dominating the video game future.  You have to look at the big picture here.  Even if the PS3 wins this generation, it's clearly not going to be by the 100-million unit sold margin that they wont he last generation with.  MS will just reenter the market next gen and chip away at the market share even more.  Eventually, their deep pockets will win it for them. 

JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
None of them are going bankrupt as they are all smart companies however though in order of least likely. Microsoft- dominates the OS market worth over 76 billion dollars they just have unlimited resources Nintendo- would survive on handhelds alone and have made profit on every console sold. Sony- They've taken a few big risks with the PS3 especially blu-ray but even if the PS3 bombs and ruins that entire sector (looks possible) due to all their other electronic things they will not go bankrupt.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Some think sony.
http://ce.seekingalpha.com/article/17605
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3334291727
IAmRodyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 IAmRodyle
Member since 2006 • 4347 Posts
Anything can happen, but I wouldn't count on it for the next few years.
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

Sony has music, movies, and electronics to rely on.

MS is filthy f***ing rich.

The Nintendo DS and Wii literally print money.

So I'm not saying this gen or the next gen. Even if the Wii fails somehow, they still have DS profits to rely on, and Sony and MS have more then enough money to keep them going. 3 gens away from now though, who knows what could happen?

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
None of them are going anywhere!
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
Not a chance. They're all gigantic and successful.

That's what she said. >.>
Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts
Not Micro or Nintendo, to much success with those companies!
RahnAetas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RahnAetas
Member since 2003 • 1834 Posts
The only company in potential financial trouble is Sony.  Over the last 3 quarters their gaming division has accumualted a 1 billion dollar deficit.  In one of those three quarters Sony only recorded a net income of 14 million dollars.  The company as a whole made 1.4 billion dollars over those 3 quarters but the gaming division devestated what could have been a much higher income over that period.

Needless to say, if the gaming division continues to take massive losses, it's not going to remain.
crazyguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 crazyguy92
Member since 2005 • 169 Posts

I think Sony is the one most likely to go bankrupt of all three. But it's a far stretch of my mind to see even them go bankrupt. Even with Blu-Ray failing. I mean, they've launched so many failed formats. I don't see why blu-ray, should it fail, would cause Sony's downfall. If anything, Sony's Games Division would've been closed within years if they didn't put Krazy Ken out of action in that department.2FacedJanus

BLU-RAY FAILING???? are u kidding me???? right now, it's slaughtering HD-DVD. As a matter of fact, turn on your t.v right now. Look at commercials (ones advertising for DVD's/HD-DVD's/Blu-Ray. See how many of them are exclusive to Blu-Ray and DVD. And if can find one commercial within an hour or 2 advertising for HD-DVD, let me know! And also, here are some hardware figures:

http://www.psu.com/node/8346

axt113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 axt113
Member since 2007 • 2777 Posts

[QUOTE="2FacedJanus"]I think Sony is the one most likely to go bankrupt of all three. But it's a far stretch of my mind to see even them go bankrupt. Even with Blu-Ray failing. I mean, they've launched so many failed formats. I don't see why blu-ray, should it fail, would cause Sony's downfall. If anything, Sony's Games Division would've been closed within years if they didn't put Krazy Ken out of action in that department.crazyguy92

BLU-RAY FAILING???? are u kidding me???? right now, it's slaughtering HD-DVD. As a matter of fact, turn on your t.v right now. Look at commercials (ones advertising for DVD's/HD-DVD's/Blu-Ray. See how many of them are exclusive to Blu-Ray and DVD. And if can find one commercial within an hour or 2 advertising for HD-DVD, let me know! And also, here are some hardware figures:

http://www.psu.com/node/8346

Still nowhere near S-DVDs
kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 kingyoto
Member since 2006 • 1190 Posts
I dont think so.
Nintendo-Has been turning large profits since the GCn first came out and has portables.
Tony-Baxter

not likely most likely would be nintendo because they have the fewest menas of revenue other than games.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
I dont think so.
Tony-Baxter
If it happended it would be nintendo m$ and sony a far to big to be killed and both have far to much power
audioaxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 audioaxes
Member since 2004 • 1570 Posts
sony and nintendo will be severly hurt if they were forced out the gaming market as a signifcant amount of (for nintendo all) their profits come from it... the chances of this happening is slim but Sony definitely has the bigger chance of failure.  However even if they fail they wont disappear but become 3rd party devs.