Is it hard for lemmings to admit that Microsoft messed up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XboxFails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XboxFails
Member since 2013 • 239 Posts

I was a die-hard Xbox fanboy ever since the original Xbox released back in 2001. The console was incredibly innovative for its superior social features that the PS2 and GameCube lacked.

Then, Microsoft released the Xbox 360 in 2005 and once again revolutionized console gaming. Xbox LIVE was THE best place to play with your friends and the controller was the clear choice for gamers. The PS3 stood no chance against Microsoft's forward-thinking console.

Now, they released possibly the worst console of all time. Crap power. Overpriced. No innovation. I know it's silly, but I get the feeling that Microsoft betrayed me when they announced this POS of a machine. The Xbone is essentially a rebranded Xbox 360. The console hardly improved anything from its previous iteration. We're still stuck with long loading times, long install times, garbage controller, 720p resolution... I would have accepted Microsoft's console if they at least fixed some of the major problems of last-gen consoles, but NOTHING was fixed. The Xbone suffers from the same major problems that last-gen consoles faced. Not only is there no innovation at all, there is hardly any improvement.

Unlike SONY which came into last-gen with the monumental momentum from the PS2-era, Microsoft is entering this generation with the least amount of hype. Unless Microsoft starts releasing AAAE exclusives every month for the remainder of this generation, the Xbox division will fail; it's ironic considering how lemmings were saying the playstation was doomed. I guess karma is a bitch, eh?

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

No true delusional fan boy lemming will admit that their entity Microsoft can make such mistakes. Come on now, you know this.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

I was trying to take your post seriously until you said, "we're still stuck with a garbage controller".

The 360 controller is largely considered the best controller ever made and the new controller improves on almost every facet of the controller, with the possible exception of the bumper buttons based on personal taste.

Come on now...

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

to be honest, I don't consider Xbox One as a gaming console, I think we need a new genre in electronics.

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

You expect lemmings to discard their fanboyism aside and admit Microsoft mistakes?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

I was following you but then I stopped reading after the first sentence of your third paragraph when I realized you were just a cow that was well, having a cow. Your moos are falling on deaf ears.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

I was trying to take your post seriously until you said, "we're still stuck with a garbage controller".

The 360 controller is largely considered the best controller ever made and the new controller improves on almost every facet of the controller, with the possible exception of the bumper buttons based on personal taste.

Come on now...

Yeah really, the 360 controller was great. The X1 controller only improves on it.

I like the DS4 more personally, but the X1 controller isn't garbage, that is a ridiculous statement,

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

they didn't post resveal and e3 making some dumb excuses for the drm and so on, they won't now.

Renegade311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Renegade311
Member since 2013 • 350 Posts

@XboxFails: Battlefieldfan1 thread, flag it, lock it, dump it

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

About a well as Sonys idiot fan club.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@XboxFails said:

I was a die-hard Xbox fanboy ever since the original Xbox released back in 2001

with a name like yours I find it hard to believe that

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

man, during your little hiatus some really awesome shit happened.

maybe you were here on another account. place has been fun. plenty of tears, meltdowns, and lols.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@XboxFails said:

I was a die-hard Xbox fanboy ever since the original Xbox released back in 2001. The console was incredibly innovative for its superior social features that the PS2 and GameCube lacked.

Then, Microsoft released the Xbox 360 in 2005 and once again revolutionized console gaming. Xbox LIVE was THE best place to play with your friends and the controller was the clear choice for gamers. The PS3 stood no chance against Microsoft's forward-thinking console.

Now, they released possibly the worst console of all time. Crap power. Overpriced. No innovation. I know it's silly, but I get the feeling that Microsoft betrayed me when they announced this POS of a machine. The Xbone is essentially a rebranded Xbox 360. The console hardly improved anything from its previous iteration. We're still stuck with long loading times, long install times, garbage controller, 720p resolution... I would have accepted Microsoft's console if they at least fixed some of the major problems of last-gen consoles, but NOTHING was fixed. The Xbone suffers from the same major problems that last-gen consoles faced. Not only is there no innovation at all, there is hardly any improvement.

Unlike SONY which came into last-gen with the monumental momentum from the PS2-era, Microsoft is entering this generation with the least amount of hype. Unless Microsoft starts releasing AAAE exclusives every month for the remainder of this generation, the Xbox division will fail; it's ironic considering how lemmings were saying the playstation was doomed. I guess karma is a bitch, eh?

Yawn. None of you try anymore.

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

I was following you but then I stopped reading after the first sentence of your third paragraph when I realized you were just a cow that was well, having a cow. Your moos are falling on deaf ears.

Join us.

radoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 radoman
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

Its a good console that will do well in its lifetime and have many good games.

The main thing MS messed up was their messaging and subsequent flip flops. There's still a bunch of people out there who think it doesnt allow used games.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Lems wouldn't admit that Bluray was a necessary and great format for gaming and now it's in their consoles. They denied HDMI and WiFI should be on consoles and then they got it on 360.They can't admit built in rechargable batteries are better than AA batteries although built in rechargable batteries are in all electronic devices these days. They can't admit that Sony giving new and many free games for PSN is better than what MS gives on Xlive subscriptions. They can't admit a darn thing is better than anything that MS is currently doing or has done. It's impossible in their minds for anything MS does wrong as being wrong. They brainwash themselves that's it's necessary and what's best irregardless of the facts or truth of the matter.

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts

The xbox one is a fine system. Perfect for those who want more than just a gaming machine. I think core gamers are just butt hurt over the fact they aren't MS only priority anymore.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By clr84651

A normal response to the question, "Why is MS still using AA batteries in their controllers when Sony's been doing it for 2 gens and MS is still stuck in that past?" Would be " I have no idea. It is strange they haven't gone to rechargable builtin yet". The normal response to Sony uses Bluray and it's very high capacity is great for gaming, since it's scratch resistant and it makes so all games can fit on one disc. But no, they have to deny anything is good about Bluray and it's unnecessary and say it'll be a failed format like Beta Max was. A normal response to Sony gives many new free games to PSN subscribers would be "That's great! It would sure be nice if Xlive did the same". But they can't give Sony any credit whatsoever. Yet Sony has brought more hardware to gaming than any other gaming company. MS socialized online gaming the most and well they should have since they were charging people for it long before Sony did.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@babycakin said:

No true delusional fan boy lemming will admit that their entity Microsoft can make such mistakes. Come on now, you know this.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

These are the same idiots that support Microsoft when they wanted to ruin gaming and you expect them to admit wrongdoing?

kay...

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Is it hard for anyone to be rational and admit all console makers are guilty of messing things up to varying degrees instead of being hell bent on one of them in particular?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@XboxFails: No innovation? What other console has HDMI through, snap from apps to TV to gaming? Now you don't have to like the innovations MS is trying, but that doesn't mean they aren't innovations. But to answer the question, no. It isn't hard to admit they are far from perfect. Nor is it hard to admit Sony is on the ball and I look forward to a great gen from them. Read the thank you MS thread. Its a lot of cows that have trouble with reality.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@clr84651 said:

Lems wouldn't admit that Bluray was a necessary and great format for gaming and now it's in their consoles. They denied HDMI and WiFI should be on consoles and then they got it on 360.They can't admit built in rechargable batteries are better than AA batteries although built in rechargable batteries are in all electronic devices these days. They can't admit that Sony giving new and many free games for PSN is better than what MS gives on Xlive subscriptions. They can't admit a darn thing is better than anything that MS is currently doing or has done. It's impossible in their minds for anything MS does wrong as being wrong. They brainwash themselves that's it's necessary and what's best irregardless of the facts or truth of the matter.

Because it wasn't necessary last gen, i suggest you look up the meaning of the word,Necessary means that the games could not have been released without it on the 360, they where released on the 360, maybe even on more than one disk, but they WHERE released so Blu- Ray was not 'Necessary' at all.

And no, when i can buy rechargeable batteries that last twice as long as the battery in the DS4 and can survive Twice the number of recharges an internal battery is , in this case, not the best option at all.

You basically talk a load of basesless nonsense .

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

So an improved kinect and multitasking functions arent revolutionary.... but running the same games with slightly better graphics is revolutionary? ok

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

Both consoles are in a shit state currently, but that's bound to change when games are released. Remember games will always be the bread and butter of consoles, no matter how much a Microsoft tries to promote the X1 as a media station.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

No innovation? You mean innovation like the PS4? The PS4 is a Playstation console with X360 design philosophies, with its main strength having a stronger GPU wooooooooooow. You guys had it so bad the last two gens (PS2/3) with development complexity, you consider easy development an innovation.

Oh sorry, I forgot there's mood light on the back of the controller. I suppose Sony innovated with PSN this gen... They added mandatory access costs. Which cows said Sony would never do to them.

Xbox One on the other hand:

Graphics potential is decent enough.

Potential of the cloud. Already begun with cloud ai in Forza 5 for real human behaviour in single player modes, there is no CPU ai. That is an actual innovation. No matter how accurate GT6 is as a sim, it'll still have the same robotic ai.

Kinect: Time of flight accuracy and speed, and can read expressions, estimate your pulse and notice subtle joint movements. Now developers know everyone has it, they will implement it properly in games. These can add real innovations.

This is the worst gen to be boasting about graphics. All the comparison videos shows multiplat games only have more detail compared to last gen games. Even Killzone SF hasn't impressed me much, nothing on any of the machines really has. This gen is about features.

As it turns out, after all their talk, it's the cows who are wrong. Out of the three, it's the Playstation 4 that's looking like the console with the least innovation. Just more of the same with better graphics.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@clr84651 said:

At best it was beneficial for a few games instead of multi discs. There were two problems with the PS3, The first is that the disc drive wasn't really fast enough for them to make good use of Blu Ray, so the padded it out and filled it with audio. The second is that the PS3 was too complex and expensive to develop for, for developers to use Blu Rays extra storage to at least make bigger games. For the most part no one bothered.

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28  Edited By Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

Yes, it's seemingly impossible for them to admit . Just read their sycophantic posts. Most Lems who post here are too busy gushing over M$ like a gaggle of dewy, preadolescent schoolgirls fawning over their latest crush to admit M$ screwed the pooch with their voice-activated colostomy bag masquerading as a gaming console.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

lemmings living in denial the last couple months

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

PS4 is the only console that failed so far. When you release a console that is 100% about the gamers with complete crap until 2015 then you have a problem. But I guess people are fine with waiting well over a year so well played Sony

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

denial is pretty standard

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

If Xboner have no hardware problems like 360 had and get some good games(read exclusives) it is all that takes for me to be interested. I mean they changed their minds with the "always online" requirements so it is all fine. It looks like they have better cooler than Ps4 and more airflow inside, i mean that thing is huge for a good reason :D

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#33  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Give them time. Cows took 8 years to accept PS3 had terrible hardware design. Some still believe in the infinite power of the cell!

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Notwithstanding that TC is a bullshitter and a liar (360 pad was bad? LOL!)...

No, I don't find it hard to admit that MS went from the best "core" gaming console last gen to possibly the worst this gen. (WiiU will take some beating in that regard but MS seem to be trying their best!)

I did take a long time to believe how bad it was though I admit. I simply didn't think MS would squander all their loyalty and rep they built up with two great "core" consoles, in favour of a media box thing. Apparently they did. Their forced Kinect, inferior multiplats, DLC up the ass, highest launch price, are just unbelievable to me. It's like they looked at PS3's terrible launch and said, "That looks fun, lets try it!"

I am very thankful both PC gaming and PS4 exist as alternatives. This is why competition is good, people!

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By clr84651

@delta3074 said:

@clr84651 said:

Because it wasn't necessary last gen, i suggest you look up the meaning of the word,Necessary means that the games could not have been released without it on the 360, they where released on the 360, maybe even on more than one disk, but they WHERE released so Blu- Ray was not 'Necessary' at all.

And no, when i can buy rechargeable batteries that last twice as long as the battery in the DS4 and can survive Twice the number of recharges an internal battery is , in this case, not the best option at all.

You basically talk a load of basesless nonsense .

Denial that anything Sony does to advance hardware that's best for gaming. If MS doesn't do it then it's not best. What a load of BS!

I suggest you pull your head out and stop being in denial.

MS made online gaming more social that is good for gaming. See I can admit when MS does something good for gaming. You should try it! Say Sony brought Bluray to gaming and it's good for gaming. Come on now! Lol

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

This is blog rant not threadworthy.