Is Infamous: Second Son the Best Looking Game Ever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#401 Posted by MBirdy88 (9007 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@MBirdy88:

Lol, why are you quoting me bud?

I didn't , it just tags you if the person I quoted had quoted you :P

#402 Edited by PAL360 (27299 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

I know 900pStation and it's games are utter shit and can't even live up to a game from 2011.

Why are you calling 900pStation to a console that runs every single game, except one, in native 1080p? That's not very smart, buddy.

#403 Posted by Chutebox (38284 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Chutebox said:

@MBirdy88:

Lol, why are you quoting me bud?

I didn't , it just tags you if the person I quoted had quoted you :P

Oh, my bad. Bloody long quotes!

#404 Posted by ermacness (7131 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

@HerzogJan said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

Look guys, both Crysis 3 and Infamous SS are top looking games and both have pros and cons, we can argue endlessly for which particular effect do you prefer. I do admit with a beefy rig you can crank the settings to ultra with above 1080p res and sure it would look sharper and faster. But the point is Infamous is right in the ballpark if we're talking about 1080p with nice AA and excellent graphics all around. I just find it laughable when some hermit claim Crysis 3 is a generation better or far better etc, the arrogance is just pathetic. Ryse looks good but not in the same league tho, being 900p, very low framerate and super linear just don't cut it for graphics king material any more, games like Crysis 3, Killzone SF and Infamous SS are doing so much more things technically as well as maintaining the iq are simply more impressive period.

No and no. Famous for no shadows looks like ass compared to Crysis 3 and Crysis 3 is generation better technically than any 900pStation game. Keep crying that according to the industry Ryse - Crytek's worst attemp to date on a weakest hardware of the genration still shits on Crapzone: Shadow Fail.

Famous for no shadows in the same ball park as Crysis 3 LMAO. Well I expect a game to atleast have shadow of the main character before making such stupid claims. Fact Crysis 2 from 2011 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 900pStation. Wake me up when your precious exclusive have something over Crysis 2 from 2011. Right now Crysis 2 does everything 1000x better.

Wtf is this shit?

I know 900pStation and it's games are utter shit and can't even live up to a game from 2011.

1st of all, Crysis 2 wasn't even a "top-tier" benchmark for gaming PC's back in 2011. That crown belonged to BF3, and with that said, BF4 on the PS4 is stated by plenty of sources to best BF3 in visuals running on high-ultra on gaming PC's back then. This post seems like a bad attempt at DC.

#405 Edited by ermacness (7131 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@tormentos said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@Peredith said:

Explain to me, how that is anything to do with what I am referring to? smoke karm combo? nothing to do with Tesselation.

I remember when many lemmings and sad hermit use to claim that part was fake and bullshot that the game would not look like that and that sony always over promise...lol

This game has some of the best effects found in a damn game even more coming from a console,this game is mighty impressive from all angles and DF make it quite clear..lol

Run Crysis 3 on a 7850 and tell me is the most impressive game ever..lol

There was every chance that it was at the time, we all eat crow on that front. shame the other 2 karma ultimates look crap in comparison.

not the point of PC gaming. play Crysis 3 on any modern mid-high gpu and I will certainly tell you its the best looking game out there.

meanwhile , your stuck with that "7850" for another 8 years.... idiot.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I HIGHLY disagree with this part of your post. The other 2 power ultimate moves looks just as good as this one does, if not better. Heck, to me, the ultimate move from the 3rd power that you acquire (not spoiling it for the ones who haven't played it yet) looks the best, it's just useless as crap if the enemies move.

#406 Posted by Primordialous (1313 posts) -

Maybe to peasants...

#407 Edited by razu2444 (808 posts) -

totally lovely looking game. Next gen rocks.

#408 Posted by SuddenlyTragic (976 posts) -

@Primordialous said:

Maybe to peasants...

Spoken like a true PC fanboy and someone who has never played the game...

I have an i7, 8GB of Ram, and a GTX 680. Needless to say, I can play anything I want at 1080p (or higher, but that's as high as my monitor goes). However, I don't blindly insist that no console game can possibly look good. I love gaming on every platform and Infamous looks better than every single PC game I've ever played except for maybe Crysis 2/3 and Battlefield 3/4. I personally think it looks better than those games but that's juts my opinion. However, it is a fact that it looks better than every PC game to be released with the exception of maybe a handful of games or others that have been heavily modded.

Just because you can play 5 year old games in 4k resolution (although I know that's not practical, but PC fanboys love to talk about 4k even though none of them own a 4K TV or even have a rig that could support it) doesn't make them better than a brand new next-gen game that has received nothing but praise for its visuals by every single website and everyone who has actually played it.

#409 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Yep. Not really debatable, actually.

#410 Posted by killatwill15 (855 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

all this talk of tessellation is comical. first of all the tech on current hardware is garbage and a waste of transistors. secondly tessellation in crysis 3 is a joke. you guys dont even realize how worthless it is, its just another buzzword you feel you can throw around.

http://www.tweakguides.com/33_c3_tessmaxdist_comparison.html

wow that tech reveal was just a bullshoot.?

crisis 3 is a joke anyways

#411 Edited by Primordialous (1313 posts) -

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@Primordialous said:

Maybe to peasants...

Spoken like a true PC fanboy and someone who has never played the game...

I have an i7, 8GB of Ram, and a GTX 680. Needless to say, I can play anything I want at 1080p (or higher, but that's as high as my monitor goes). However, I don't blindly insist that no console game can possibly look good. I love gaming on every platform and Infamous looks better than every single PC game I've ever played except for maybe Crysis 2/3 and Battlefield 3/4. I personally think it looks better than those games but that's juts my opinion. However, it is a fact that it looks better than every PC game to be released with the exception of maybe a handful of games or others that have been heavily modded.

Just because you can play 5 year old games in 4k resolution (although I know that's not practical, but PC fanboys love to talk about 4k even though none of them own a 4K TV or even have a rig that could support it) doesn't make them better than a brand new next-gen game that has received nothing but praise for its visuals by every single website and everyone who has actually played it.

Slow down, pal. I was merely laughing at the idea of it being the best-looking game ever, not denying that it looks nice. I actually was thinking of trying it out, but the 30 fps is a turn-off.

#412 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Yes it is, much to the dismay of hermits and lems who were hoping that the shown sequences were bullshots but they were proven wrong and they still can't accept it. InGODfamous dropped a Delsin on everyone of those noobs.

#413 Edited by SuddenlyTragic (976 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:
@gpuking said:

For the fools who claim Infamous has no dynamic shadows, maybe play the game first. It's true not every light source casts shadow, but neither does Crysis 3 or every other game ever been made. So don't even start to claim Crysis 3 does.

This no dynamic shadow BS has got to stop, so fkn pathetic.

Stop talking out of your ass. Just because your precious 900pStation games doesn't have it doesn't mean all other games suffer from the same problem. And LOL at your cherry picked shots. There are many situations where Famous for no shadows don't cast any shadows and have very low resolution textures which looks like complete shit. Fucking pathetic for a game in 2014.

Anyways, every single damn light in Crysis 2/3 casts shadow and reflection. Not just lights even particles casts light and shadows and also being reflected. Hell even the particle receive shadows in Crysis 2/3. Go and read DF articles on it if you can't make the difference your self. And I haven't even included the real time Physics yet. Crysis 2/3 does so much that it's not even fair to compare them to 900pStation. It's a fucking disgrace to Crysis and Crytek.

Now go and keep crying that the cheap ass tablet CPU and a 570 level GPU from 2010 couldn't even handle games with dynamic shadows. No matter how many times you try to spin it, Crysis 2 will forever remain a benchmark for these outdated consololes to be measured against.

You are a fucking idiot. How many times are you going to use the term 900pStation and talk about the tablet CPU/570 level GPU? You've said this in pretty much every single post. And GPUking just owned you by showing you in those screenshots that YES, the game does have shadows. Amazing shadows. Of course it's going to have shadows, it's 2014. Every console game since the mid 2000's or earlier has had shadows. And don't talk about cherry-picking, every single Crysis or Witcher screenshot has been cherry-picked. I could take some screenshots right now of Crysis 3 or the Witcher 2 where they don't look that great. Every game has moments where it looks better in some areas than others. And arguing with you is like arguing with a retarded person. How old are you, 14?

#414 Posted by SuddenlyTragic (976 posts) -

@Primordialous said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@Primordialous said:

Maybe to peasants...

Spoken like a true PC fanboy and someone who has never played the game...

I have an i7, 8GB of Ram, and a GTX 680. Needless to say, I can play anything I want at 1080p (or higher, but that's as high as my monitor goes). However, I don't blindly insist that no console game can possibly look good. I love gaming on every platform and Infamous looks better than every single PC game I've ever played except for maybe Crysis 2/3 and Battlefield 3/4. I personally think it looks better than those games but that's juts my opinion. However, it is a fact that it looks better than every PC game to be released with the exception of maybe a handful of games or others that have been heavily modded.

Just because you can play 5 year old games in 4k resolution (although I know that's not practical, but PC fanboys love to talk about 4k even though none of them own a 4K TV or even have a rig that could support it) doesn't make them better than a brand new next-gen game that has received nothing but praise for its visuals by every single website and everyone who has actually played it.

Slow down, pal. I was merely laughing at the idea of it being the best-looking game ever, not denying that it looks nice. I actually was thinking of trying it out, but the 30 fps is a turn-off.

30fps is fine for this game. I would prefer 60fps, just like I would for any game. But you will get used to it instantly and it never drops far below 30 or comes close to being unplayable. Just because its 30fps (although it's really higher most of the time) shouldn't be a deal-breaker for you playing the first true next-gen game and best game to be released so far this year (excluding Titanfall, both great games).

#415 Posted by MBirdy88 (9007 posts) -

@ermacness said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@tormentos said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@Peredith said:

Explain to me, how that is anything to do with what I am referring to? smoke karm combo? nothing to do with Tesselation.

I remember when many lemmings and sad hermit use to claim that part was fake and bullshot that the game would not look like that and that sony always over promise...lol

This game has some of the best effects found in a damn game even more coming from a console,this game is mighty impressive from all angles and DF make it quite clear..lol

Run Crysis 3 on a 7850 and tell me is the most impressive game ever..lol

There was every chance that it was at the time, we all eat crow on that front. shame the other 2 karma ultimates look crap in comparison.

not the point of PC gaming. play Crysis 3 on any modern mid-high gpu and I will certainly tell you its the best looking game out there.

meanwhile , your stuck with that "7850" for another 8 years.... idiot.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I HIGHLY disagree with this part of your post. The other 2 power ultimate moves looks just as good as this one does, if not better. Heck, to me, the ultimate move from the 3rd power that you acquire (not spoiling it for the ones who haven't played it yet) looks the best, it's just useless as crap if the enemies move.

Well, they are flashier, but I think the first one is alot more interesting purely based on it not relying on 1 fixed camera angle, e.g the neon one just sprays infront of him... yet it hits in a circle like the first.... and just doesn't look as "believable" in a sense. wont comment on the third.

#416 Posted by Pray_to_me (3101 posts) -

This thread pretty much proves that 50%of the "Hermits" on this board are stealth troll Lemming fangirls.

Infamous SS is graphics king by default, going by the standard defined by Microsoft nuthuggers last gen. When PS3 exclusives were shitting on 360 games and multiplats all you heard was "oh it's linear" bla bla blah. Now they're up in here trying to retort second son with linear ass blocky low poly witcher 2, crysis 3 and Ryse? LMFAO!

Lol bummy ass Ryse looking last gen in comparison:

#417 Edited by GravityX (865 posts) -

Ryse looks pretty good. Too bad you peeps are easily swayed by words and numbers.

#418 Posted by The_Stand_In (440 posts) -

Well, this thread has turned into one big, giant cow circle jerk, hasn't it?

The FACT that infamous lacks consistent dynamic lighting and shadows should instantly disqualify it from this "contest". But no, it's a PS4 exclusive and it's new thus making it "graphics king" despite the fact a good number of other games outclass it in every way.

You can cherry pick screenshots all you want, but it will not change the truth.

#419 Posted by m3dude1 (1641 posts) -

crysis 3 lacks consistent dynamic lighting and shadow going by the same metric of judgement. most lights in crysis 3 dont cast shadows.

#420 Edited by Pray_to_me (3101 posts) -

@GravityX said:

Ryse looks pretty good. Too bad you peeps are easily swayed by words and numbers.

Pretty good for last gen standards:

#422 Edited by Innovazero2000 (3144 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

@GravityX said:

Ryse looks pretty good. Too bad you peeps are easily swayed by words and numbers.

Pretty good for last gen standards:

... really... this post is just as retarded as the lems you claim to be against. Your comparing Cryengine 3 on newer hardware, to a less advanced engine running on lesser hardware.

SMH at the logic...

#423 Posted by ferret-gamer (17380 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

crysis 3 lacks consistent dynamic lighting and shadow going by the same metric of judgement. most lights in crysis 3 dont cast shadows.

What are you talking about? The nearly all of the lights in Crysis 3 cast shadows on the PC version, and every single light source has contact shadows applied.

#424 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3895 posts) -

Is frame rate included in the judging? If so Infamous and KZSF should not be in the running. Both games have jarring frame drops. Overall NBA 2K14 PS4 is the most impressive total package on consoles. KZSF shouldn't even be in the running from my experience with the game.

#425 Posted by m3dude1 (1641 posts) -

@ferret-gamer said:

@m3dude1 said:

crysis 3 lacks consistent dynamic lighting and shadow going by the same metric of judgement. most lights in crysis 3 dont cast shadows.

What are you talking about? The nearly all of the lights in Crysis 3 cast shadows on the PC version, and every single light source has contact shadows applied.

no, only metro 2033 can claim that.

#426 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

Is frame rate included in the judging? If so Infamous and KZSF should not be in the running. Both games have jarring frame drops. Overall NBA 2K14 PS4 is the most impressive total package on consoles. KZSF shouldn't even be in the running from my experience with the game.

#427 Edited by Pray_to_me (3101 posts) -

@Innovazero2000 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@GravityX said:

Ryse looks pretty good. Too bad you peeps are easily swayed by words and numbers.

Pretty good for last gen standards:

... really... this post is just as retarded as the lems you claim to be against. Your comparing Cryengine 3 on newer hardware, to a less advanced engine running on lesser hardware.

SMH at the logic...

Exactly. How is Ryse graphics king when it can barely compete with PS3 games from 2009?

#428 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2859 posts) -

@MBirdy88:

I mistakenly quoted you.

@I_can_haz said:

@zeeshanhaider: LOL you're a butthurt lem clown. Calls PS4 900pstation meanwhile Xbone runs it games at 900p and 720p and only has a handful of 1080p games that all look like shit. Ryse Flop of Rome that you're defending is 900p you clown lem.

So, I call it it 720pBox. I know about Ryse being 900p yet it defeated the Crapzone: Shadow Fail - the game pitched to be Crysis 3 killer. Such a shame that Crytek's worst effort to date on the weakest system of the generation still beaten the Sony's best. LMAO. There's a difference between defending something and rubbing something in your faces. :D Keep chasing 2011.

@tormentos said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

Search SW. My fellow hermit made you one or you can buy a calculator yourself..............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yup, because the industry said Ryse shits on Crapzone: Shadow Fail and I love rubbing it in your faces and I think every hermit should do the same to the said Crysis 3 killer. If reiterating the word of the industry makes me a lem in your eyes then so be it. I will continue to rub Ryse in your faces.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you get a 900pStation yet? Why do I have a feeling that deep down even you know that 900pStation is crap? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

A cutscene.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But then Crysis 3 is leagues better than any 900pStation game. 900pStation don't have a horepower to run that kind of game and good that a Sony dick rider like you finally admitted. And that was the point all along if you had any brain...............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No they didn't and they have no Blu-ray driver or even windows..hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa And still was more expensive..hahahaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh wait what industry say that.? Oh yeah yours the shi** making industry..Haaaaaaaaaaa..

Do you have one.? no...ok..

That's not a cut scenes that is real time...Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

See the game look so damn great that even you can't tell cut scene from real time..hahahahahahahaa

Please the 7850 can run crysis 3 so does the 7870 as well,so can do the PS4 as well...hahaha

But but the 900pstation..lol..

PC don't need bluray for games.......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You don't want me to link all the sources now do you, oh wait you already tried downplaying it before like DF, GS etc........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why would I waste my money on a crappy weaker than calculator consololes with no/crappy games.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That particular scene isn't a cutscene? Isn't that what was being shwon from the time of reveal to this day with the exact same environments.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yup, in 720p@30fps with medium settings.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And lastly, your favorite, the cheap ass tablet CPU and a 2010 level GPU in 900pStatio will soon make it turn into 720pStation.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you get a 900pStation yet? No...Why?....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@AM-Gamer said:

@gpuking: You pretty much just raped zeeinhander for me thanks for saving the time. Bu bu teh bad shadows.

Nope, every time he posts something. He only rapes him self. :D

@AM-Gamer said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Peredith said:

Infamous Second Son is an huge scale open world game with permanent destruction. Wasn't that the argument hermits used when claiming the original Crysis looked better than other games? It's scale and destructible environments? Infamous Second Son looks far more impressive than Crysis 3. Stop kidding yourselves, Herms. And at the person saying Crysis 2 looks better, LOL.

As someone who plays Infamous... not it friggin doesn't ... you are talking crap. hell the game doesn't have tesselation and alot of other modern PC effects that are in Crysis 3. Sure its smooth, it has AA, nice particle effects ... its a massive step up for you peasants...

But its still not Crysis 3 vanilla, let alone modded.

Please if your going to babble and call people peasant's at lest get your facts straight. Infamous SS does use Tessellation, actually quite a bit of it. It also has some nice effects that are not found in Crysis 3 are any other pc game for that matter. So please STFU.

Name those nice effects dumb dumb. Oh wait, Crysis 2/3 actually has 1000x better and yeah Crysis 2/3 also has shadows so you are right in a way. No shadows in Famous for no shadows =/= High quality shadows from multiple light sources in Crysis 2/3.

I know you are butthurt that a cheap ass tablet CPU and a 570 level GPU of 900pStation is weak as ass and letting you sony drones look like clowns every now and then.

And LOL at cows still trying to push Crapzone: Shadow Fail over Ryse. Pretty damn sure, they will not be able to put a credible source to backup their claims. As far as I remember according to the industry Ryse shits on Crapzone: Shadow Fail. Such a shame for a game that is bid by cows to be a Crysis 3 killer.

did you really just call me a dumb dumb? How old are you 12 ? How many times do people need to post dynamic shadows on Infamous SS before you finally go " you know what I was wrong"? You are the hermit version of "Loosingends". The Particle system in Infamous SS blows Crysis or any game out of the water for that matter. There is no point arguing with you though because your just a kid with a crappy pc and a Xbox.

Please show me a credible source saying Ryse looked better then KZ:SF ? You wont find any as very few have directly compared the two. And Infamous SS is so far above Ryse the fact we even have to argue this shows how dumb most the people in SW really are. Regardless im done arguing with you its the equivalent of talking about fitness with a Morbidly Obese Grandma.

Famous for no shadows only has one light source that cast shadows and in many situations even that doesn't exist. The particle system of Famous for no shadows is a joke compare to Crysis 2/3. Partcles in Crysis 2/3 can be reflected, cast shadows, receive shadows. And I never owned any Xbox. Cry some more. And my crappy PC is at least 8 times more powerful than 900pStation.

That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest.

Source

#429 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2859 posts) -

@ermacness said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@HerzogJan said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@gpuking said:

Look guys, both Crysis 3 and Infamous SS are top looking games and both have pros and cons, we can argue endlessly for which particular effect do you prefer. I do admit with a beefy rig you can crank the settings to ultra with above 1080p res and sure it would look sharper and faster. But the point is Infamous is right in the ballpark if we're talking about 1080p with nice AA and excellent graphics all around. I just find it laughable when some hermit claim Crysis 3 is a generation better or far better etc, the arrogance is just pathetic. Ryse looks good but not in the same league tho, being 900p, very low framerate and super linear just don't cut it for graphics king material any more, games like Crysis 3, Killzone SF and Infamous SS are doing so much more things technically as well as maintaining the iq are simply more impressive period.

No and no. Famous for no shadows looks like ass compared to Crysis 3 and Crysis 3 is generation better technically than any 900pStation game. Keep crying that according to the industry Ryse - Crytek's worst attemp to date on a weakest hardware of the genration still shits on Crapzone: Shadow Fail.

Famous for no shadows in the same ball park as Crysis 3 LMAO. Well I expect a game to atleast have shadow of the main character before making such stupid claims. Fact Crysis 2 from 2011 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 900pStation. Wake me up when your precious exclusive have something over Crysis 2 from 2011. Right now Crysis 2 does everything 1000x better.

Wtf is this shit?

I know 900pStation and it's games are utter shit and can't even live up to a game from 2011.

1st of all, Crysis 2 wasn't even a "top-tier" benchmark for gaming PC's back in 2011. That crown belonged to BF3, and with that said, BF4 on the PS4 is stated by plenty of sources to best BF3 in visuals running on high-ultra on gaming PC's back then. This post seems like a bad attempt at DC.

None of what you said is true. Crysis 2 murders every 900pStation game to date and will continue to do so. Unfortunately if I have to decide between you and DF I will take their words over you. Keep chasing 2011.

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:
@gpuking said:

For the fools who claim Infamous has no dynamic shadows, maybe play the game first. It's true not every light source casts shadow, but neither does Crysis 3 or every other game ever been made. So don't even start to claim Crysis 3 does.

This no dynamic shadow BS has got to stop, so fkn pathetic.

Stop talking out of your ass. Just because your precious 900pStation games doesn't have it doesn't mean all other games suffer from the same problem. And LOL at your cherry picked shots. There are many situations where Famous for no shadows don't cast any shadows and have very low resolution textures which looks like complete shit. Fucking pathetic for a game in 2014.

Anyways, every single damn light in Crysis 2/3 casts shadow and reflection. Not just lights even particles casts light and shadows and also being reflected. Hell even the particle receive shadows in Crysis 2/3. Go and read DF articles on it if you can't make the difference your self. And I haven't even included the real time Physics yet. Crysis 2/3 does so much that it's not even fair to compare them to 900pStation. It's a fucking disgrace to Crysis and Crytek.

Now go and keep crying that the cheap ass tablet CPU and a 570 level GPU from 2010 couldn't even handle games with dynamic shadows. No matter how many times you try to spin it, Crysis 2 will forever remain a benchmark for these outdated consololes to be measured against.

You are a fucking idiot. How many times are you going to use the term 900pStation and talk about the tablet CPU/570 level GPU? You've said this in pretty much every single post. And GPUking just owned you by showing you in those screenshots that YES, the game does have shadows. Amazing shadows. Of course it's going to have shadows, it's 2014. Every console game since the mid 2000's or earlier has had shadows. And don't talk about cherry-picking, every single Crysis or Witcher screenshot has been cherry-picked. I could take some screenshots right now of Crysis 3 or the Witcher 2 where they don't look that great. Every game has moments where it looks better in some areas than others. And arguing with you is like arguing with a retarded person. How old are you, 14?

Why? It's not my problem that 900pStation was touted by cows to be super computer that will beat Tri SLI 680's in power when in reality it consists of a tablet CPU and a 2010 level GPU. I will show continue to highlight the reality of that outdated consolole. Be mad at sony for letting you down.

Are you saying that the game doesn't suffer from the lack of shadows? Famous for no shadows in many situations have no shadow and when it does only one light source cast it as evident by the cherry picked shots. No matter how much you sony drones cry, you will not change that fact about Famous for no shadows when the devs admitted it missing shadows. LMAO!

Graphics Programmer Matthijs De Smedt also explained the lack of dynamic shadows revealed by the latest gameplay footage, In other words, the reason why only the global light sources (the sun and the moon) actually cast shadows in the game:

I’d like to make every light cast shadows : ). But there’s always tradeoffs in games, and there’s a lot of streetlights.

Source

It's time for you to start hyping up UC4 because Crapzone and Famous for no shadows failed to live up to Crysis 2 from 2011.

#430 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

and the meltdown continues.

#431 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2859 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@ferret-gamer said:

@m3dude1 said:

crysis 3 lacks consistent dynamic lighting and shadow going by the same metric of judgement. most lights in crysis 3 dont cast shadows.

What are you talking about? The nearly all of the lights in Crysis 3 cast shadows on the PC version, and every single light source has contact shadows applied.

no, only metro 2033 can claim that.

http://www.crytek.com/download/Playing%20with%20Real-Time%20Shadows.pdf

Cry some more!

#432 Edited by m3dude1 (1641 posts) -

Wow this clown doesnt even understand the difference between actual shadowing and ambient occlusion.

#433 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2859 posts) -

@m3dude1:

You have been owned. You said that Crysis lack consistent dynamic lighting and not all light sources cast shadows. Proven wrong from the presentation that indeed every light source takes part in shadowing and all light sources are dynamic even from the time of Crysis 2. Hell even DF agrees that all light sources in Crysis 3 cast shadows. Keep going back and forth on your stupid assumptions. Only an idiot would think that a game which even the most powerful of the GPU of today has trouble running at 60FPS can be beaten by a mere 1.84 teraflops 900pStation game.

#434 Posted by Sollet (7576 posts) -

ITT: zeeshanhaider's meltdown.

That's all I am gathering from just skimming through the thread. Hilarious.

#435 Posted by ACP_45 (598 posts) -

@SuddenlyTragic: You are in denial. You can’t beat Crysis on PC even atm. You are absolutely crazy.

#436 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

ITT: zeeshanhaider's meltdown and tears.

#437 Edited by ACP_45 (598 posts) -

@SuddenlyTragic: YOU MUST BE ON A DEATH WISH !!!

VS InFamous Second Son ????????????

Stop this BS !

#438 Posted by kalipekona (2378 posts) -

@The_Stand_In said:

Well, this thread has turned into one big, giant cow circle jerk, hasn't it?

The FACT that infamous lacks consistent dynamic lighting and shadows should instantly disqualify it from this "contest". But no, it's a PS4 exclusive and it's new thus making it "graphics king" despite the fact a good number of other games outclass it in every way.

You can cherry pick screenshots all you want, but it will not change the truth.

The thing is, even the best cherry picked screenshots aren't as impressive as they think they are. The game looks very good and is in the top 3 best looking console games right now, but it doesn't blow away Killzone Shadow Fall or Ryse and it sure as hell doesn't beat the best PC games in technical terms. I think some people just see a game that is shiny and boldly colorful with decent technical attributes and it really impresses them, but these people aren't very good judges of the technical aspects of graphics.

#439 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1124 posts) -

Lol at Ps4 fanatics calling Infamous SS better looking than PC Crysis 2 - 3.

Yep they really reached that far.

#440 Edited by MBirdy88 (9007 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

@Innovazero2000 said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@GravityX said:

Ryse looks pretty good. Too bad you peeps are easily swayed by words and numbers.

Pretty good for last gen standards:

... really... this post is just as retarded as the lems you claim to be against. Your comparing Cryengine 3 on newer hardware, to a less advanced engine running on lesser hardware.

SMH at the logic...

Exactly. How is Ryse graphics king when it can barely compete with PS3 games from 2009?

Sigh... peasants like you are the reason I hate having graphics conversations on here. Ryse looks a ton-f*ck better than uncharter 3.... even in those images.... you peasants can't seem to realize the difference between techinical detail and good use of graphics with lesser technical detail.

#441 Posted by aroxx_ab (10774 posts) -

So many jelly hermz/lemz in here....why dont you just buy a Ps4 and stop crying:P

#442 Posted by tymeservesfate (2227 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@zeeshanhaider said:
@gpuking said:

For the fools who claim Infamous has no dynamic shadows, maybe play the game first. It's true not every light source casts shadow, but neither does Crysis 3 or every other game ever been made. So don't even start to claim Crysis 3 does.

This no dynamic shadow BS has got to stop, so fkn pathetic.

Stop talking out of your ass. Just because your precious 900pStation games doesn't have it doesn't mean all other games suffer from the same problem. And LOL at your cherry picked shots. There are many situations where Famous for no shadows don't cast any shadows and have very low resolution textures which looks like complete shit. Fucking pathetic for a game in 2014.

Anyways, every single damn light in Crysis 2/3 casts shadow and reflection. Not just lights even particles casts light and shadows and also being reflected. Hell even the particle receive shadows in Crysis 2/3. Go and read DF articles on it if you can't make the difference your self. And I haven't even included the real time Physics yet. Crysis 2/3 does so much that it's not even fair to compare them to 900pStation. It's a fucking disgrace to Crysis and Crytek.

Now go and keep crying that the cheap ass tablet CPU and a 570 level GPU from 2010 couldn't even handle games with dynamic shadows. No matter how many times you try to spin it, Crysis 2 will forever remain a benchmark for these outdated consololes to be measured against.

You are a fucking idiot. How many times are you going to use the term 900pStation and talk about the tablet CPU/570 level GPU? You've said this in pretty much every single post. And GPUking just owned you by showing you in those screenshots that YES, the game does have shadows. Amazing shadows. Of course it's going to have shadows, it's 2014. Every console game since the mid 2000's or earlier has had shadows. And don't talk about cherry-picking, every single Crysis or Witcher screenshot has been cherry-picked. I could take some screenshots right now of Crysis 3 or the Witcher 2 where they don't look that great. Every game has moments where it looks better in some areas than others. And arguing with you is like arguing with a retarded person. How old are you, 14?

Why? It's not my problem that 900pStation was touted by cows to be super computer that will beat Tri SLI 680's in power when in reality it consists of a tablet CPU and a 2010 level GPU. I will show continue to highlight the reality of that outdated consolole. Be mad at sony for letting you down.

Are you saying that the game doesn't suffer from the lack of shadows? Famous for no shadows in many situations have no shadow and when it does only one light source cast it as evident by the cherry picked shots. No matter how much you sony drones cry, you will not change that fact about Famous for no shadows when the devs admitted it missing shadows. LMAO!

Graphics Programmer Matthijs De Smedt also explained the lack of dynamic shadows revealed by the latest gameplay footage, In other words, the reason why only the global light sources (the sun and the moon) actually cast shadows in the game:

I’d like to make every light cast shadows : ). But there’s always tradeoffs in games, and there’s a lot of streetlights.

Source

It's time for you to start hyping up UC4 because Crapzone and Famous for no shadows failed to live up to Crysis 2 from 2011.

so there AREN'T dynamic shadows in Infamous, i knew it...smh.

;}

#443 Edited by AM-Gamer (5251 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@AM-Gamer said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@MBirdy88: Do you not even know what tesselation is? Why the fuck do I need to show you screenshots when you said you have the game? Look at Delsins model the armor on the DUP agents theres loads of tesselation. And the particle system in SS makes Crysis 3 look outdated. Not to mention all the real time reflections Have you even played the game?

Sigh... yet Crysis uses it on pretty much any surface that requirews it, not just the damn player/a.i models. you said LOADS when clearly that is not the case when most of the damn environment is flat.

Yes I have, I'm visting family until tomorrow, after that I can provide proof. but telling ME. someone who plays damn both Infamous is NOT better looking.

Oh really? I don't see rock textures look any better then in Crysis 3 then they do in Infamous. You have brick walls, but I can see depth in some of buildings even close up. There is nothing flat about the textures and there is no open world game even remotely in the same league.

@Chutebox said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@Tighaman: You can see Delsins reflection in the windows. The puddles react to rain drops and he can climb in every peace of geometry in the game. Yet again another troll who hasn't played the game.

If you can, it's not all buildings. I remember one tall building didn't show his reflection at all.

What time of day was it? Ive seen reflections of the neon signs as buildings reflect off others.

What is this nonsense about open world? Crysis has massive open enviroments when it wants to. it also can handle the same if not more enemies than Infamous does. if you use the editor for example you can create situations for bigger than anything seen in the game.

and well... your blind... Crysis tesselation is far ahead, its overall texture quality is far ahead, its water effects, both use volumetric clouds for smoke ect.... but Crysis does it better again, ironic considering he uses smoke abilities.

and please, I can grab any screenshots even my own of infamous and show you how most of the buildings have no rough/stick out surfaces based on their material (E.G bricks) or on the ground.

but keep harping on cows...... nobody with a brain or research able to play both will agree.... without an agenda.

LMAO Crysis 3 has massive open enviroments? Really bro? It renders these massive enviorments yet you cant explore them . Its just a cock tease so your full of shit. Crysis 3 is tiny in comparison to any true sandbox game. Crysis does not have better smoke and the particle system isnt even in the same league. If it beats it in texture quality at its max settings it should as it has far less to render on screen at a time. Look at all the pics in this thread , brickvtextures look like bricks , gravel has depth , there are no flat textures you are just babbling. I dont have the agenda yet you do , becasue the fact that anyone can buy a $400 dollar prebuilt box that can offer a simliar expreince as your custome pc that cost 3x more causes you and the rest of the hermits in this thread to be butthurt.

#444 Posted by gpuking (3080 posts) -

Vanilla Crysis 1 looked far worse than those shots, don't even begin to think you can BS us. And Infamous still looks better.

#445 Edited by Cloud_imperium (6215 posts) -

It is funny how some people are posting gifs from Uncharted and TLOU and think it looks awesome . Lol look at those blurry as hell textures . And Infamous SS casts only one shadow , none of those gifs and screenshots have showed more than one character shadow even if there are lot of light sources around the character . Infamous doesn't have dynamic shadows , it doesn't have as HD textures as PC games have . You are just looking at fancy lights and think that it looks impressive . Is it that hard to understand .? You guys are going crazy over those colors and then say "We don't care about the graphics like PC elitists , just gimme the gamezzzzz" . This thread says otherwise , full of lies and bullshit .

#446 Posted by MiiiiV (534 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:
...

Famous for no shadows only has one light source that cast shadows and in many situations even that doesn't exist. The particle system of Famous for no shadows is a joke compare to Crysis 2/3. Partcles in Crysis 2/3 can be reflected, cast shadows, receive shadows. And I never owned any Xbox. Cry some more. And my crappy PC is at least 8 times more powerful than 900pStation.

That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest.

Source

If your pc really is 8 times more powerful than the ps4, I hardly would call it "crappy"!

#447 Edited by X1andps4Owner (11 posts) -

I THINK YOU ALL should get some better jobs and be able to throw what would be pocket change out for all the systems and stop being so butthurt about graphics that are barely noticeable different. Nerds these days get so worked up when people don't agree about the system they chose to buy first. My Xbox One and my PS4 have great graphics and great games, can't we just agree both systems games and graphics have came a LONG WAY and both do great jobs?

#449 Edited by MiiiiV (534 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

@acp_45: Crysis on PC still looks amazing today no doubt. But to say that infamous SS is inferior graphics to it is insane. ISS is a game designed for a machine with a 7870 equivalent gpu and 8gb of gddr5 ram. Crysis in terms of poly count is no where near infamous. Now you could argue that you prefer the art style of Crysis to ISS, but in technical terms, ISS is superior. I personally love the way Crysis 1 looks, I think it looks as good as Infamous in it's own way, but it is in no way superior graphics. You can argue textures, but how can a game that was released in 2007 have better textures than a game that was designed solely for hardware far more advanced than anything that existed at the time of Crysis?. I have both games and I can max out Crysis in 1080p, and to this day it still looks fantastic, but I don't automatically assume that because it's on PC, it is better graphics regardless of the time it was released.

Firstly the ps4 gpu is much closer to 7850. And acp 45 posted pictures of Crysis 1 with mods. And modded Crysis 1 actually beats many newer games in several aspects like textures and level density, just look at the first two pics in post #437. So maybe it beats Infamous ss in some aspects, maybe not.

I'm mostly a pc gamer and I think Infamous ss looks really good, but there are of course pc games that look better i.e. more advanced graphics.

#450 Edited by cimbom1993 (69 posts) -