Is Infamous: Second Son the Best Looking Game Ever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#651 Edited by displayy (30 posts) -

#652 Edited by SummerParadise (160 posts) -

@displayy said:

Gameplay and cut scenes are different. No gameplay = fake video.Even this gif you posted is not impressive. Nothing new at all. Looks cartoon!!!

Even 2008 year old game looks better than 2014 InFamous

#653 Posted by lostrib (31451 posts) -

@displayy said:

Gameplay and cut scenes are different. No gameplay = fake video.Even this gif you posted is not impressive. Nothing new at all. Looks cartoon!!!

Even 2008 year old game looks better than 2014 InFamous

...with a shit ton of mods

#654 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12762 posts) -

lmao, It's fun to see it's still the same users losing their shit in this thread, spreading FUD.

Makes it easier to realize who's posts in the future I can just ignore.

#655 Posted by MiiiiV (229 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

@Pray_to_me: This is exactly what I try to say to people but they say I'm crazy. They think that a mod makes a game more technically advanced than another. Fundamentally, ISS was designed for PS4, not PS3/360, so the polygon count is much higher as is many other things. Tell that to a PC 'elitist' like 'Primordialous' who's above me, and their brain shuts down and refuses to accept it. They don't get it. Here's what I'm saying, Infamous Second Son is more graphically advanced than any game on PC, In no way does that mean PC hardware is less powerful, I'm fully aware that PC's have far more horsepower than the PS4. But these so called more 'mature' PC gamers really don't know much about how their games are made. I heard one of them say that Just Cause 2 on PC maxed out destroys ISS. It's pre-programmed bullshit by Nvidia. Until PC starts getting fully next gen game ports, then you will be seeing true superior graphics PC games again.

You say ISS is more graphically advanced than any game on PC, but that simply isn't true. It isn't even the most graphically advanced game on consoles. I'd say Ryse edges it as far as consoles go. True, Ryse runs at 1600 x 900 resolution, but the assets and graphical techniques being used are more advanced. ISS would win for resolution and image quality, but it isn't as richly detailed. You might like the art direction in ISS--all the strong contrast, shiny surfaces and bold colors--but in technical terms it is missing graphical elements that are present in games like Crysis 3 or Ryse.

And your argument for why Crysis 3 can't be better?...that it's also on PS3/360. This is where you go way off. Even though the PC version is using higher quality textures and normal maps, a global illumination lighting engine, many more shadow-casting light sources, screen space reflections, more geometry and fuller alpha textures for foliage, tessellation (which also increases geometry), displacement mapping, higher resolution soft shadows, bokeh depth of field, more advanced smoke and particle effects, more complex shaders and a whole slew of other graphical techniques that either aren't present on the console versions or run at significantly reduced quality you still want to act like it is just an "up res'd" last gen game. This is patently absurd.

All those graphical elements and techniques are what define how good a game looks. What's ironic about your post is that you don't seem to realize that ISS is no different. If you took away the screen space reflections, depth of field, particle effects and some of the other graphical elements, as well as lowering texture and shadow resolution and simplifying some of the geometry, it could easily run on the PS3. All of the graphical elements could be scaled down to run on last gen hardware. There is nothing fundamental about the game simulation that would break if you tried to scale the game down to run on weaker hardware.

The only difference is that they did make scaled down versions in the case of Crysis 3. None of that changes how advanced the PC version is. The things that make ISS look better than Infamous 2 are essentially the same things that make Crysis 3 on PC look better than the console versions.

One thing that ISS does really well are the character models. In this regard it is better than KZSF and up there with Ryse. But this is just the very beginning of the generation. Character models like that are going to soon be fairly ubiquitous.

Great post!
Infamous SS cannot compare to best looking pc games from a technical standpoint but it looks really good none the less. Can't we just leave it at that.

#656 Edited by displayy (30 posts) -

@summerparadise:

Only these , aren't cut scenes.....You don't own the game , so you dont know what you're talking about...

That part where he jumps....or fires a bomb with his hand...Or the camera angles of the city....They're not cut scenes..none of it is pre-rendered

#657 Edited by SummerParadise (160 posts) -

@displayy said:

@summerparadise:

Only these , aren't cut scenes.....You don't own the game , so you do know what you're talking about...

Looks so fake and bad. I posted gif you cant even beat 2008 year old game.

I played InFamous this is not even wow grahpics. Nothing special. Not even top 30 grahpics

#658 Edited by SummerParadise (160 posts) -

Even Ryse looks better

#659 Edited by displayy (30 posts) -

@summerparadise:

@displayy said:

@summerparadise:

Only these , aren't cut scenes.....You don't own the game , so you do know what you're talking about...

I played InFamous this is not even wow grahpics. Nothing special. Not even top 30 grahpics

What do you mean it looks "fake" ?....Because you think the stuff you posted doesn't look "fake" ?...

All games look fake....Crysis , infamous , Ryse , you name it...all of it looks fake. You want photorealism ? Look somewhere else...Maybe Man of Steel or The avengers...(though you can still tell it looks fake)

#660 Posted by SummerParadise (160 posts) -

@displayy said:

@summerparadise:

@summerparadise said:

@displayy said:

@summerparadise:

What do you mean it looks "fake" ?....Because you think the stuff you posted doesn't look "fake" ?...

All games look fake....Crysis , infamous , Ryse , you name it...all of it looks fake. You want photorealism ? Look somewhere else...Maybe Man of Steel or The avengers...(though you can still tell it looks fake)

Crysis, Ryse and all other PC games looks better and realistic, higher texutres, better lighting, face models everything is better in other games. InFamous Second Son is not even top 30 best grahpics.

#661 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15728 posts) -

Let's not add the original Crysis to the mix. Although it looks okay in many places, it also have some of the ugliest warts around.......

#662 Edited by SuddenlyTragic (710 posts) -

@summerparadise: Please list 30 games that look better. Yeah didn't think so. List 10...

#663 Posted by MBirdy88 (7136 posts) -

I love how Ryse fans are churping in here.... and typically, only with cutscenes.... Cryengine do best closeups? who would of thunk it?

it motion and in screenshots of gameplay... its not AS impressive. needless to say though, if Ryse was on PS4 it would look better again, Crytek have always been good at this sort of thing... in this scenario it comes down to the developer more. and the 2 very different style of games (in terms of scale).

That being said, traded infamous in for Black Flag .... BEST DECISION OF MY NEXT GEN LIFE (so far :P).... damn son.... Black Flag is packed with content.... that is actually GOOD.

#664 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12762 posts) -

Let's not add the original Crysis to the mix. Although it looks okay in many places, it also have some of the ugliest warts around.......

Careful you might get spec checked by a rabid neckbeard.

#665 Posted by Cloud_imperium (1758 posts) -

@displayy said:

@summerparadise:

Only these , aren't cut scenes.....You don't own the game , so you dont know what you're talking about...

That part where he jumps....or fires a bomb with his hand...Or the camera angles of the city....They're not cut scenes..none of it is pre-rendered

Looks fake to be honest . What's so special about Infamous graphics , seriously . Even in bullshots , the game looks pretty mediocre visually , let alone downgraded final version .

#666 Posted by Suppaman100 (3565 posts) -

LOL at all the butthurt.

Infamous is the best looking console game.

#667 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12762 posts) -

@displayy said:

@summerparadise:

Looks fake to be honest . What's so special about Infamous graphics , seriously . Even in bullshots , the game looks pretty mediocre visually , let alone downgraded final version .

Speaking of shit that looks fake.

And that games not even open world..

L.o.l

#668 Posted by chisoxrule (1819 posts) -

Best looking ever?! That's pushing it. I just got this game along with a new PS4 last week. Apart from some cool lighting effects, the game IMO hardly looks any better than your average PS3 game.

#669 Edited by Cloud_imperium (1758 posts) -

@displayy said:

@summerparadise:

Cows are in delusion . This game is not even on par with 2008's PC exclusives like Crysis Warhead .

#670 Posted by clone01 (24126 posts) -

I doubt it, but who cares?

#671 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15728 posts) -

Careful you might get spec checked by a rabid neckbeard.

Nah. Not even the most rabid will stand up for those warts.

#672 Posted by evildead6789 (6825 posts) -

Best looking ever?! That's pushing it. I just got this game along with a new PS4 last week. Apart from some cool lighting effects, the game IMO hardly looks any better than your average PS3 game.

hahaha, there you have it folks

right on the spot

#673 Posted by evildead6789 (6825 posts) -
@summerparadise said:

@displayy said:

@summerparadise:

Cows are in delusion . This game is not even on par with 2008's PC exclusives like Crysis Warhead .

let me add something to that

#674 Edited by silversix_ (13541 posts) -

Its incredible how some hermits get butthurt about this game lol its also funny how everyone already forgot Titanfall even existed while Infamous SS is going strong.

#675 Edited by Jag85 (4230 posts) -

Nope. Crysis 3, and even modded GTA IV, still look better on PC.

#676 Edited by Pray_to_me (2734 posts) -
@Jag85 said:

Crysis 3? Sorry bro linear shooter last gen console port.

#677 Posted by WallofTruth (1040 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

Lolz, so a last gen console port looks better than InFamous Second Son? Ouch, that self-ownage.

#678 Posted by milannoir (1548 posts) -

Hilarious. Consolites at last enjoy what PC gamers have gotten used to since 2007, and suddenly they want to believe their games are graphically impressive. Poor sods.

#679 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6610 posts) -

Even Ryse looks better

Holy crap. Almost forgo how awesome Crysis 1 looks. Can't believe this game is 7 years old. Was anyone impressed by a 2001 games graphics in 2008? or a 2003 game in 2010?

#680 Posted by evildead6789 (6825 posts) -

@summerparadise said:

Even Ryse looks better

Holy crap. Almost forgo how awesome Crysis 1 looks. Can't believe this game is 7 years old. Was anyone impressed by a 2001 games graphics in 2008? or a 2003 game in 2010?

If you increase lightning and shadowing to realistic levels, you still need something that's more powerfull than a ps4 to run it.

All you have to do is change some ini settings.

#681 Edited by Pray_to_me (2734 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:
@summerparadise said:

@displayy said:

@summerparadise:

You need to send that trash back to 2008 because Infamous is open world and it still takes a massive shit all over the entire Crysis series.

Hermits are owned and boned.

#682 Edited by RyviusARC (4094 posts) -

@kalipekona said:

@m3dude1 said:

lol no amount of mods can save skyrim as the screens and videos on this page succinctly show. it looks horrid. witcher 2 looks ok compared to ps360 games, but next to infamous it just looks plastic, flat, and outdated.

You're completely blind. By fanboysim, that is. The Witcher 2 shits on any PS360 game and competes with the best new gen games. My screen captures clearly show that.

Witcher 2 isn't even in the top 10 from last gen, comparing it to Second Son is a joke.

The only thing Witcher 2 shits on is Witcher 1.

Stop using bad screenshots for TW2....

These screenshots shit all over any last gen console game.

#683 Edited by Pray_to_me (2734 posts) -

@RyviusARC:

lol um no.

Next to Second Son Geralt and his Triangle ponytail are outclassed.

#684 Edited by kalipekona (2296 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

lol @ posting Ryse cut screne gif is instant fail, you didn't know dat shit was pre-rendered haha dat desperation. Everything in Second Son is real time. Try again butthurt lem who is also trying to hide behind PC in the same instance in self-ownage cause that other game you are posting screens for aren't from PC.

BTW Watch Dogs isn't even out and will so it's not up for debate and those are also PS4 screens.

Why do you think I posted two in a row of that guy? The point was to show how the in-game character models are very close to pre-rendered CGI quality and we are going to see character models of this quality in many upcoming games.

And now I am a lem? Hahaha you cows are so pathetic. Anybody that doesn't share your ridiculous pro-sony delusions is automatically a "lem". I don't even own an XB1 and have no plans to get one. I do own a PS4, though, and just because I am correcting the distortions coming from cows like you doesn't mean I hate the PS4. I said that Ryse edges out ISS and uses overall more advanced graphics tech because it does. I'm sorry if that hurts your feelings. ISS is still a stunning looking game. I'm not one of those saying it looks like crap or anything like that.

Oh, and what does it matter if I used screen captures of the PS4 version of Watch Dogs? We all know it is going to look better on the PC anyway. That wasn't really the point though. I was merely pointing out that the generation is just beginning and few "next gen" games have even been released, so we are going to be seeing a lot more high quality character models in games very soon. All I am saying is that while ISS is an outstanding looking game it isn't as remarkable or unrivaled as some fanboys are claiming.

#685 Posted by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

who cares if it looks better than ps360 games

#686 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6610 posts) -

@Mozelleple112 said:

@summerparadise said:

Even Ryse looks better

If you increase lightning and shadowing to realistic levels, you still need something that's more powerfull than a ps4 to run it.

Yeah I know. Even vanilla Crysis could drop to sub-30fps range on my crossfired 5870 setup @ max settings. (hovered in the 40-50 fps range most of the time though) Should be easy cake for modern GPUs though.

#687 Edited by evildead6789 (6825 posts) -

@Mozelleple112 said:

@evildead6789 said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

@summerparadise said:

Even Ryse looks better

Yeah I know. Even vanilla Crysis could drop to sub-30fps range on my crossfired 5870 setup @ max settings. (hovered in the 40-50 fps range most of the time though) Should be easy cake for modern GPUs though.

Well , i have a 7870 xt and still can't max it out with the ini settings that i want, so no texture pop in, realistic shadowing and lightning, dark ssao , stuff like that.

Have to use the edge aa (so no smaa) and 1000p.

And overclock the card as much as possible, then i get 40 fps. My overclocked gpu reaches 3 tflops easily (stock clock 2.9 tflops) and the card is made for overclocking (stock clock is 925 mhz and reaches easily 1200 mhz)

The ps4's gpu is 1.84 tflops, go figure

#688 Posted by kalipekona (2296 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

And yet Infamous SS looks like a prettied up last gen game. You could just as easily make a PS3 version of ISS. Downgrade many of the graphical elements in ISS the way Crysis 3 is downgraded on consoles and it would easily run on PS3.

Crysis 3 is still demonstrably using more advanced graphical techniques. There isn't a single graphical technique being used in ISS that is completely missing in Crysis 3, but there are quite a few graphical techniques used in the PC version of Crysis 3 that are missing in ISS.

#689 Edited by Cloud_imperium (1758 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

@RyviusARC:

lol um no.

Lol , sub HD game . This game is not even 1080p and character models have terrible and blurry textures . Typical corridor shooter .

Look at textures on his face , do you really think that Uncharted have better character models (or even infamous) .? You can't be that dumb . Zoom in and look at it .

Now look at this .

Lol you are comparing this to Witcher 2 . Your feelings are hurt because even 2008 game beats your Infamous , let alone Uncharted .

Witcher 2 uses dynamic lights and realtime shadows . Look at shadows beneath those rocks , infamous lack those even in bullshots , let alone gameplay . You guys are either stupid or just trolls .

Even developers admit that there are no dynamic shadows in Infamous .

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/08/infamous-second-son-lack-of-dynamic-daynight-cycle-and-presenceabsence-of-shadows-explained/

#690 Posted by Cloud_imperium (1758 posts) -

You need to send that trash back to 2008 because Infamous is open world and it still takes a massive shit all over the entire Crysis series.

Hermits are owned and boned.

Terrible ground textures . No dynamic shadows . Look at cars . Where are shadows .?

#691 Edited by I_can_haz (6448 posts) -

ITT: butthurt lems and insecure hermits. I don't think Infamous looks better than something like Crysis 3 or BF4 on Ultra settings but it sure as hell smokes old shit like Witcher 2, Crysis, Mirror's Edge, GTA4, etc. that the butthurt hermits keep bringing up.

#692 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15728 posts) -

I like this. Nice detail. That's the best-looking corrugated metal sheets I've ever seen in a game. Plus, it looks like there's good AA with the game. On the flipside..... Something's not right with some of the bullet holes. But, overall, I think the warts in ISS are relatively minor (they don't really stand out while playing the game) considering the game is open-world....and has a day/night cycle.

Is the weather dynamic in ISS?

#693 Edited by Pray_to_me (2734 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

@RyviusARC:

lol um no.

Lol , sub HD game . This game is not even 1080p and character models have terrible and blurry textures . Typical corridor shooter .

Look at textures on his face , do you really think that Uncharted have better character models (or even infamous) .? You can't be that dumb . Zoom in and look at it .

Lol that's a cutscene noob. Forget second son I don't even need PS4 You can get owned with PS3 games:

Witcher 2 uses dynamic lights and realtime shadows . Look at shadows beneath those rocks , infamous lack those even in bullshots , let alone gameplay . You guys are either stupid or just trolls .

LMFAO this is just too hilarious how is Witcher 2 supposed to compete with next gen games when it cant even hang with last gen?

Keep em coming I can shit on you all day! LOL!

#694 Edited by Cloud_imperium (1758 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Pray_to_me said:

@RyviusARC:

lol um no.

Lol that's a cutscene noob. Forget second son I don't even need PS4 You can get owned with PS3 games:

LMFAO this is just too hilarious how is Witcher 2 supposed to compete with next gen games when it cant even hang with last gen?

Keep em coming I can shit on you all day! LOL!

Lol.?

#695 Posted by Pray_to_me (2734 posts) -

Lol is right now go cry in the corner and wait till star citizen comes out. Maybe you can donate more to their kickstarter and they'll get it done faster LMFAO!

#696 Posted by Primordialous (1276 posts) -

LOL @Pray_to_me's screenshots. What the hell is that thing on the pole in the first shot?

The floor in the second screenshot looks terrible.

#697 Posted by kalipekona (2296 posts) -

Lol is right now go cry in the corner and wait till star citizen comes out. Maybe you can donate more to their kickstarter and they'll get it done faster LMFAO!

You're seriously delusional. Anybody that has actually played The Witcher 2 on PC and Uncharted 3 on PS3 knows that The Witcher 2 looks a lot better.

And Heavy Rain? Give me a break.

#698 Edited by Pray_to_me (2734 posts) -

@kalipekona said:

@Pray_to_me said:

You're seriously delusional. Anybody that has actually played The Witcher 2 on PC and Uncharted 3 on PS3 knows that The Witcher 2 looks a lot better.

And Heavy Rain? Give me a break.

lol cmon stealth Lemming you don't have to lie. Shit I own Witcher2 on PC. It is the best looking PC game but it's still last gen and linear. Sorry.

PC gaming: next gen hardware, last gen software.

#699 Edited by GravityX (677 posts) -

Ryse looks truly next gen, nothing you would expect to see on last gen console.

Infamous looks looks like a higher res GTA with less going on and better much better lighting.

#700 Posted by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

you arent doing the pc any favors by repeatedly posting witcher screens next to infamous screens lmao. witcher looks horrible next to infamous.