Is Haze AAA material?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by darkenedsquire (183 posts) -
Just seeing what you guys think.
#2 Posted by Verge_6 (20282 posts) -
After seeing the latest gameplay trailers, I think it'd be lucky to even get a AA rating.
#3 Posted by rockydog1111 (2076 posts) -
I havent played it so its hard to tell.
#4 Posted by mmirza23 (3457 posts) -
it reminds of all the other average FPS's that have been coming out, Blacksite, turning point etc etc, however I dont think it will be as bad as those probably a 7-8
#5 Posted by darklord888 (8382 posts) -
No. 6.0 - 7.5 in my opinion.
#6 Posted by darkenedsquire (183 posts) -
Interesting I was just wandering as there was a lot of hype surrounding this game last year and it seems to have fallen off the radar a little.
#7 Posted by u8muhrice (1453 posts) -

I highly doubt its AAA material.. but will it be a good game? Im sure it will be.

It looks like its a straight up linear FPS game.. nothing too special about it. Im sure itll be fun though.

#8 Posted by Verge_6 (20282 posts) -

Interesting I was just wandering as there was a lot of hype surrounding this game last year and it seems to have fallen off the radar a little.darkenedsquire

That can largely be blamed on the numerous delays this game has seen. Any game, short of a Blizzard game or somthing similar, will lose the interest of most of its potential buyers if it gets delayed repeatedly. The worrisome gameplay vids released recently aren't helping things.

#9 Posted by shaunmc (1957 posts) -
I'm thinking A.5 -- is that a valid score? Does that work?
#10 Posted by mmirza23 (3457 posts) -

[QUOTE="darkenedsquire"]Interesting I was just wandering as there was a lot of hype surrounding this game last year and it seems to have fallen off the radar a little.Verge_6

That can largely be blamed on the numerous delays this game has seen. Any game, short of a Blizzard game or somthing similar, will lose the interest of most of its potential buyers if it gets delayed repeatedly. The worrisome gameplay vids released recently aren't helping things.

agreed, delay after delay only gets people agitated and after multiple delays, I usually start to wonder if the the quality of the game will be any good because delays are most likely due to developmental problems
#11 Posted by darkenedsquire (183 posts) -
I was thinking the same thing about the delays though the delays might have done it some good. I'm just concerned one of the selling points in the latest trailer was "Korn did a single for this game". :?
#12 Posted by stvee101 (2953 posts) -
The problem with Haze is that with seeminlgy such linear levels and heavily scripted set-pieces it looks like a game that could've been made 5 years ago IMO.It'll probably scrape AA.
#13 Posted by f50p90 (3767 posts) -
I don't know about AAA. It has a lot of cool features if the story is decent and gameplay at least holds up it could be a good game
#14 Posted by Verge_6 (20282 posts) -

I was thinking the same thing about the delays though the delays might have done it some good. I'm just concerned one of the selling points in the latest trailer was "Korn did a single for this game". :?darkenedsquire

I'm more worried about Gamestop's 'trade it in within a week of purchase and get full credit' deal...that doesn't bode well.

#15 Posted by mmirza23 (3457 posts) -
the only thing this game has going for it is that it's being developed by Free Radical, I loved the Time Splitters series and incorporating 4 player Co-Op in Haze might just make it enjoyable just in case the SP campaign sucks
#16 Posted by mingo123 (9005 posts) -
doesnt look AAA to me...but i hope it is
#17 Posted by CommanderTy (2285 posts) -
It will end up being another mindless boring shooter like Halo except it wont get an overated score itll borderline be A/AA
#18 Posted by Aljosa23 (26192 posts) -

Generic shooter FTL!

#19 Posted by hayato_ (5015 posts) -

I think its A-AA. 7.5- 8.0

It doesn't bring anything new to the table, but I think the multiplayer and story might make it solid enough. Graphics are good also.

#20 Posted by darkenedsquire (183 posts) -

Anyone know whats going on with timesplitters 4 anyway?.

I'm from the UK so I didn't know about the Gamestop deal but that could be a good or a bad thing maybe gamestop are trying to secure the pre orders off of people unsure about the game or possibly they are so sure that any pre orders they do get back they will sell. Still seems like an odd promotion.

#21 Posted by akif22 (16012 posts) -

looks generic to me

these devs should be capable of so much more

#22 Posted by darthogre (5082 posts) -
If No More Heroes can get AAA.....anything is possible on this website.
#23 Posted by RobbieH1234 (7464 posts) -
It'd be lucky to get AA.
#24 Posted by black_awpN1 (7863 posts) -

The thing about haze is It isnt trying to reinvent the wheel. Its trying to make it a Solid FPS, which is fine. COD 4 didnt really evolve the FPS genre, it just made a Great FPS game. Haze has the potential of either being very good or very bad.

#25 Posted by Nike_Air (18449 posts) -

If No More Heroes can get AAA.....anything is possible on this website.darthogre
Good point , but this is Haze ...... people have already played the game and reviewed the game in their minds and they didn't like it and thought it was generic.

#26 Posted by black_awpN1 (7863 posts) -

[QUOTE="darthogre"]If No More Heroes can get AAA.....anything is possible on this website.Nike_Air

Good point , but this is Haze ...... people have already played the game and reviewed the game in their minds and they didn't like it and thought it was generic.

But to be fair, Ubisoft did delay the game so they could fine tune it. Meaning theres a good chance itll be much better than the last build shown.

#27 Posted by ReverseCycology (9768 posts) -

Not even, probably a B-.

#28 Posted by darkenedsquire (183 posts) -
Wow a lot of negativity towards this game. It's a shame isn't free radical the team that did Goldeneye before splitting from Rare?
#29 Posted by d_40 (966 posts) -
two words GoldenEye
#30 Posted by Ibacai (13580 posts) -
Ehhh, I don't think so.
#31 Posted by omgimba (2645 posts) -
As people thought lair was AAA mterial.. WHy not? Or maybe like Army of Two instead?
#32 Posted by kenshinhimura16 (7009 posts) -
I dont think it will get AAA or better. But its Free Radical, and this guys gave us Golden Eye 64, Perfect Dark 64, and the Timesplitters series which are all great games so I know it will be good at least for me.
#33 Posted by SaintJimmmy (2815 posts) -
No Cause its just another FPS as fun as they are there nothing speical
#34 Posted by Always-Honest (11261 posts) -

maybe, but so far i doubt it. only if the latest delay has lead to huge improvements.

Could still be a great co-op game.

#35 Posted by myLIFEjustFINE (132 posts) -

no i think it will obtain a similar score to that of Frontlines.

#36 Posted by MikeE21286 (10404 posts) -

I'm thinking A.5 -- is that a valid score? Does that work?shaunmc

Yeah, so that'd "convert" to what.... a 7.5......I'd have to say I agree with this.

#37 Posted by PBSnipes (14621 posts) -
I doubt it, Haze has that same "Halo killer" vibe Resistance and Killzone did pre-release. It'll be a solid game, but from what I've seen it'll probably be A or AA.
#38 Posted by thrones (12178 posts) -
It has good pedigree, from the Timesplitter's series. I'm sure it'll be excellent, though I suspect it'll end up a sleeper hit more than anything else.
#39 Posted by TDLlama (2779 posts) -
Eh, it's a low AA at best... it will have its day in the sun, but don't expect it to be the reincarnation of Halo.
#40 Posted by darthogre (5082 posts) -

[QUOTE="darthogre"]If No More Heroes can get AAA.....anything is possible on this website.Nike_Air

That doesn't make sense. You know how man so called professional "reviewers" watched and played Halo 3 to say it was nothing but the same old Halo formula, nothing new. Then EVERYONE suddenly changes their mind when it's released in the final build and give near perfect scores. I know some of that is "buying into the Hype" but I'd like to think they are professionals. But back to my point, if they can change their preception of Halo 3 being a carbon copy of the 2nd, I'm sure the months they have taken to refine the game will change their minds.

Or not, we'll see but there is nothing that I've seen or read so far that leads me to believe it can't get AAA from gamespot.....unless you buy into that theory of PS3 exclusive games being held to higher standard.

#41 Posted by HAZE-Unit (10507 posts) -

AAA for me, there is no reason to hate it, people are acting like they have actually played it, and the game happend to be generic after playing it, they are judging and bringing down before the release of it, This game is the most bashed new IP on gaming history.

DO people hate new IPs nowadays?

#42 Posted by liberty71441 (705 posts) -
not in a mile this game gets maybe AA but never AAA
#43 Posted by Nike_Air (18449 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

[QUOTE="darthogre"]If No More Heroes can get AAA.....anything is possible on this website.darthogre

That doesn't make sense. You know how man so called professional "reviewers" watched and played Halo 3 to say it was nothing but the same old Halo formula, nothing new. Then EVERYONE suddenly changes their mind when it's released in the final build and give near perfect scores. I know some of that is "buying into the Hype" but I'd like to think they are professionals. But back to my point, if they can change their preception of Halo 3 being a carbon copy of the 2nd, I'm sure the months they have taken to refine the game will change their minds.

Or not, we'll see but there is nothing that I've seen or read so far that leads me to believe it can't get AAA from gamespot.....unless you buy into that theory of PS3 exclusive games being held to higher standard.

They pre-judge games because it is part of their job. Listen to most podcasts or shows and see what happens when Haze gets mentioned by professional reviewers ....... they are already so down on it and they make fun of it ........ so when it comes time for review the damage may have already been done. The individual reviewer might not believe what he just played and might fear ridicule form his or her peers because of previous interactions with people. It is typical human nature when you think about it.

#44 Posted by EntwineX (5858 posts) -
I guess it could be AAA like every other shooter these days, does not mean I'm interested in it tho.
#45 Posted by bvialr (25 posts) -
Definitely, Haze is tight
#46 Posted by thegame1980 (2194 posts) -
Not a chance on this earth!
#47 Posted by Holden1985 (530 posts) -

Definitely, Haze is tightbvialr

The games not even an A quit being a troll and bringing back these threads!

#48 Posted by Lab392 (6228 posts) -
Worst fad ever.
#49 Posted by ReturnOfShinobi (880 posts) -
Who keeps bumping these threads?
#50 Posted by Samurai_Xavier (4364 posts) -

AAA for me, there is no reason to hate it, people are acting like they have actually played it, and the game happend to be generic after playing it, they are judging and bringing down before the release of it, This game is the most bashed new IP on gaming history.

DO people hate new IPs nowadays?

HAZE-Unit

Lol, the same could be said. You should have played it before hyping it.