Is gen8 mugging us with rehashed gen7 titles??

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Why are people so mad about this? it's not like they are forcing people to buy the game again.

This is quite clearly aimed people who have not played the games before, if you don't like it don't buy it.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#52 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

I miss backwards compatibility.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@edwardecl

Who ever wants has actually already bought it by now, the number of people rebuying this game will most likelt outnumber the people buying it for the 1st time.

ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ccagracing
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

This is the new cash-grab similar to online pass or Microtransactions of this gen. Sony/MS won't support backwards compatibility because it will only cost them money, time for maintenance and online network costs. They can sell or rent you as in PS Now example a game you may already own and make good profit from it. I would prefer to see new IP's or even old ips reused but made for,the new consoles.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

I'm assuming that such things are being done to bring 1080p60 to the console

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#56 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Its actually pretty normal. I remember the X360 receiving a LOT of PS2/Xbox/GC titles. Why do you think lems brag so much about the 360 having the biggest library of last gen? Because most were previous gen titles, thats why

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@ariabed said:

Do you feel it's worth the money to purchase a game you have already played for the sake of better graphics

I don't do that. I buy remakes/remasters of games I haven't played.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#58 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@jake44 said:

@Dasein808 said:

@lostrib said:

Honestly would depend on the game, the price, and how exactly it was improved (if at all)

After 30k+ posts, does it ever cross your mind to NOT share your uncommitted opinion on ANYTHING, or do you really love your own voice that much?

You managed to reply in a way that added less than fuckall because, not only did your reply offer nothing, it also provided nothing for others to contribute to either.

It did, however, give you your sought after +1 to your total posts.

FFS.

Complains someone didn't add anything to the discussion...goes on to add nothing to the discussion.

LOL System Wars in a nutshell.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#59 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

Usually re-releases should be expected towards the end of the generation or cross-gen releases, this whole re-releasing last gen titles is starting to get a bit out of hand

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@xeno_ghost said:

@AzatiS: @AzatiS: "People you should stop crying about it ... period"

"What i mean is what if those games DIDNT get a release into next-gen. How on earth that affect you in any way assuming all those companies didnt release all those rehashes"

"You dont like em , you finished them already ...you find them BAD ... whatever it is ... DONT buy them. The outcome is the same for you that dont like those rehashes. So stop being so selfish and let other people that want em , have them on their new console. And problem solved"

"All this drama and cries for actually .. no reason for the ones that dont like to play rehashes"

So you don't mind all the ported games.... Why not just say that rather than talking a complete load of fucking crap, fucktard!

Seems like the only person crying here is you.

Someone got mad over my opinion about your crying ? Wow !! Nice argument you got there haha !! You crying over rehashes for noooooo reason !! Dont like it , dont buy it!! Crying over those releases as of why to get released is so childish and your damage control over my opinion says alot. Are you mad bro ?

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@AzatiS: "Someone got mad over my opinion about your crying"

seems like you can't tell the difference between someone asking other peoples opinion on a matter and someone crying about a matter.

Like I said only person crying here is you....go get some tissue dry your eyes and blow your nose clean yourself up man!!

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By AzatiS

@xeno_ghost said:

@AzatiS: "Someone got mad over my opinion about your crying"

seems like you can't tell the difference between someone asking other peoples opinion on a matter and someone crying about a matter.

Like I said only person crying here is you....go get some tissue dry your eyes and blow your nose clean yourself up man!!

Calling someone fucktard over his opinion when he is backing it up rather than speaking generally !! Are you mad bro ? haha Why so mad smurf ? So what you doing the past 2 posts of yours , are not considering crying ? hahaha ..!!! Youre a funny dude and if you think you can get me mad or fall for this trollish crap ... try harder , you are far from it. Now cry me a bit more !

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AzatiS
@edwardecl said:

Why are people so mad about this? it's not like they are forcing people to buy the game again.

This is quite clearly aimed people who have not played the games before, if you don't like it don't buy it.

Exactly...

You dont want it , dont buy it. Crying about it and asking for a no release on next-gen ...is selfish.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@AzatiS: my bad I thought you was saying that TC is crying as you replied to him directly.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

I'm mixed, its nice to have the game remastered but for people who played the game(original) its a slap in the face. Then on the other hand, people who didnt play the original or have PS3 get the ability to play it.

Finally, a little off the topic is the whole issue with backwards compatibilty. Somehow Sony/MS need a way to at least patch digitally purchased games, xbox live arcade, and PSN arcade games. So that you're able to play them on PS4/Xbone. At least start with the arcade games (how hard would that be?). I just have a huge library of xbox arcade and psn games that shouldn't be that difficult to port over. I know its time and money for the developers but MS/Sony should have taken this more seriously.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I think the real problem is the lack of games entirely. Remakes are just fluff for the sheep to eat until more games come out.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@Lulu_Lulu said:

@edwardecl

Who ever wants has actually already bought it by now, the number of people rebuying this game will most likelt outnumber the people buying it for the 1st time.

So all those people who never had a PS3 bought the game even though they don't have a system to play it on? OK. And even if most of the sales are from people re-buying the game I still don't see the problem, obviously the game was that awesome they felt they needed to buy it twice which would speak well for the game.

It would be a bonus if they did do a special low cost version for people who had the PS3 game, but it is not necessary. People saying it's too soon for a remaster... well wait 3 years and buy it when it's cheaper, still don't see the problem.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@edwardecl

No need to get pissy, it was just an observation. Everybody knows loyalty generates more revenue than new comers. Its a shame the consoles aren't backwards compatible though, with your entire last gen collection rendered useless to new consoles, theres nothing stopping consumers from switching companies, so maybe people who haven't played the game before are the ones who are going to buy it, and they will be as sorely dissapointed by it like I was.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@edwardecl: "It would be a bonus if they did do a special low cost version for people who had the PS3 game, but it is not necessary"

Surely if it doesn't cost as much to port the game as it did to develop the game in the first place why are they charging full price, it's the same old game with a bit of polish, surely a slight price drop is in order which would then give more justification for someone who has already bought the game to buy it again to experience it on next gen.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By AzatiS

@xeno_ghost said:

@AzatiS: my bad I thought you was saying that TC is crying as you replied to him directly.

Its ok :)