Is FF the best MMO out right now?

#1 Edited by Celtic_34 (1209 posts) -

With elder scrolls an apparent flop is it FF a realm reborn? Wow went downhill after vanilla imo and blizzard with all their money grubbing ways. FF is free better graphics and more up to date? Seems like elder scrolls is going to have to go back to the drawing board.

ARe people really that into mmo's these days where blizzard can even succeed with titan and as many people paying for it as they did with Wow? Seems like they just hit right at that time and people were suckers.

#2 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7940 posts) -

What do u mean ff is free? I am playing it now on ps4. I still like wow more, I am more used to it and comfortable with it. I am giving ff a chance.

#3 Edited by Celtic_34 (1209 posts) -

It has gotten good reviews is why I ask. Also have been watching youtube stuff and it looks good. I used to like mmo's when they were more fun. the original diablo and wow were two of my favorite games. But they really turned me off with their bs. Not so much petty stuff just i saw blizzards attitude and what aholes they can be. Seems like FF is at least trying to give fans what they want.

i'm assuming it's free and not subscription based. just pay for teh game and that's it. I haven't played it. Just thinking of giving it a try.

#4 Edited by Celtic_34 (1209 posts) -

blizzard got really greedy with their eula stuff. they would kill people vs being cool people I swear lol. blizzard to me are not good people. they are crazy.

#5 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2570 posts) -

There is a monthly fee........ Play Guild Wars 2 if you don't want to pay every month.

#6 Posted by lundy86_4 (42652 posts) -

I can't compare, as I only play FFXIV. It's leaps and bounds better than 1.0, but that's all I can say.

#7 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7940 posts) -

I am still getting used to controls in FF. Oh and finding where to go. I have a lot of trouble with that. In wow I always knew where to go or find out where easily. Maybe that's from years of playing it lol

#8 Edited by Ballroompirate (21657 posts) -

Currently, I have to say yes.

#9 Posted by Wasdie (49326 posts) -

World of Warcraft is still the "best" MMO out there if we're going to talk objectively. Easily the most content and most polish.

Final Fantasty 14 is a decent MMO now. Last I played it the game was a bit content thin. That was several major patches ago. I may fire it up again and play it some more.

#10 Posted by Zassimick (6140 posts) -

Couldn't say as I hardly play any MMOs, but FFXIV is the only one to hook me. In fact, it's hooked me more than many other games have recently.

Looking forward to getting into it tomorrow.

#11 Edited by Krelian-co (10008 posts) -

Naw GW 2 is.

#12 Edited by Spitfire-Six (461 posts) -

WOW is still MMO king.

#13 Edited by WiiMan21 (8147 posts) -

WoW, Guild Wars 2, and even Elder Scrolls Online is better than that even.

Still good though. :)

#14 Posted by Vaasman (11137 posts) -

No. Tried a bit recently, it's certainly a colossal step up compared to the initial release, but still, it's hardly the best MMO. GW2 and WoW have it beat, and maybe ToR/Planetide 2 since they have very solid F2P payment models.

#15 Posted by RyviusARC (4107 posts) -

@Vaasman said:

No. Tried a bit recently, it's certainly a colossal step up compared to the initial release, but still, it's hardly the best MMO. GW2 and WoW have it beat, and maybe ToR/Planetide 2 since they have very solid F2P payment models.

I hated GW2 because having classes felt pointless.

At least with FF14 there is the holy trinity where you feel needed.

GW2 just felt a lot more casual and easy going.

#16 Posted by Snugenz (11432 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

World of Warcraft is still the "best" MMO out there if we're going to talk objectively. Easily the most content and most polish.

Final Fantasty 14 is a decent MMO now. Last I played it the game was a bit content thin. That was several major patches ago. I may fire it up again and play it some more.

This, plus that GCD is a killer (thank you consoles) it's the main thing that stopped me playing the game (lack of content being the other).

Even though i don't play it anymore the fluidity and polish WoW has is unmatched in the MMO genre.

#17 Posted by uninspiredcup (6846 posts) -

Guild Wars 2.

#18 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8609 posts) -

MMO's Suck.

Whos excited for The Division ?

#19 Posted by santoron (7429 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Agree and agree. FFXIV is going to feel light on content until it gets it first expansion, I'd imagine. There's stuff to keep you busy, but a lot of redoing the same fights over and over at this point, even if it's with an increased difficulty level. Still, it's a strong MMO with a bright future. I wouldn't be surprised to hear something about an expansion at E3, now that they've got their platform launches done.

#20 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

Yes it is, in fact. It's the greatest MMO to ever be created

#21 Posted by princeofshapeir (13601 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Yes it is, in fact. It's the greatest MMO to ever be created

lol

#22 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3006 posts) -

Wait, it's free?

#23 Edited by onewiththegame (4234 posts) -

@MlauTheDaft:

No, $12.99 a month

If it was free I'd be playing it

#24 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2127 posts) -

All mmos suck

#25 Edited by MBirdy88 (7146 posts) -

Naw GW 2 is.

said no one that actually likes MMOs ever.

#26 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Yep. DC Universe is close, but FFRR is the best.