Is Fallout 4 even a RPG? (Confirmed 30 fps, Best on PC)

• 190 results
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#151 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

That guy looks like he'd bump Kris Kross.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@-God- said:
@Krelian-co said:

Or you know, I could not like it because of the actual reasons I listed in the OP.

Sounds a bit more feasible than those tin-foil hat theories you just posted.

Also take your meds.

hey cool get destroyed, reply something dumb and ignore the points which i just destroyed you with, hey works with me, keep crying "muh rpg" and go off topic.

Just because i enjoy seeing you salty:

didn't know batman or far cry had character creation, quest hubs, dialogue and decisions system, a well done inventory system, etc etc. "obviously the same as fallout 4"

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

You have yet to refute the OP.

You are the only one destroyed, Mr.TinFoilHat.

I bet you are happy we get Farcry5 with this game.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@-God- said:
@Krelian-co said:

You have yet to refute the OP.

You are the only one destroyed, Mr.TinFoilHat.

I bet you are happy we get Farcry5 with this game.

sure keep arguing that fallout is the same as far cry and batman, it does not make you look you dumb AT ALL, especially after i just destroyed you with several differences, keep grasping straws my good hipster.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By -God-

@Krelian-co said:

Many action games have perks and people talking.

FO4 is a action GAME.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@Krelian-co said:
@-God- said:
@Krelian-co said:

Or you know, I could not like it because of the actual reasons I listed in the OP.

Sounds a bit more feasible than those tin-foil hat theories you just posted.

Also take your meds.

hey cool get destroyed, reply something dumb and ignore the points which i just destroyed you with, hey works with me, keep crying "muh rpg" and go off topic.

Just because i enjoy seeing you salty:

didn't know batman or far cry had character creation, quest hubs, dialogue and decisions system, a well done inventory system, etc etc. "obviously the same as fallout 4"

Well he's admitted

1)he doesn't have a gaming PC,

2)He posts under 2-3 different accounts to support a device he doesn't have.

He's upset in general:

1) lack of 10/10 PC Exclusive.

2)Lack of a Recent PC Exclusive GOTY in last decade+

3) rash of broken PC multi plats where console version is better.

4) first time in history PC sales of a game were stopped.

Lets give him a break, it's been harder than usual.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By -God-

@Heil68 said:

Well he's admitted

But look at the thread title. Fallout4 is confirmed best on PC.

The most looked forward to game, is a PC KING. It feels good to be first place every year!

1. Rash of 99% Of multiplats this gen better than Console version. Console gets Batman'd every week: http://www.eurogamer.net/?type=face-off. The difference between console and pc on those two WB games is pretty much the difference between every other multiplat pc vs console. Have fun secondplacey!

2. Batman confirmed best on PC on re-release. You are mad.

3. PC higher standards, less 10/10, mentioned by GS editor himself.

4. PC most aaa/aa/a at MC and GS every year. Top gaming system. First place. Not touched since. PS3 was third place at both sites. Two awarded games did not change this.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By -God-

@Motokid6 said:
@Heil68 said:
@Krelian-co said:
@-God- said:
@Krelian-co said:

You have proof for those statements?

No, but I have counter ww.eurogamer.net/?type=face-off

It's just two WB games. Well only one soon. The difference between console and pc on those two WB games is pretty much the difference between every other multiplat pc vs console

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#160 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

I'll buy the PS4 version because it is better.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#163 UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Well he's admitted

1)he doesn't have a gaming PC,

2)He posts under 2-3 different accounts to support a device he doesn't have.

He's upset in general:

Lets give him a break, it's been harder than usual.

You're joking, right?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I'm not surprised, Bethesda stopped making real RPG's after Morrowind. Now, instead of features, we get graphics and spammy combat. Huzzah!

Really though, I stopped playing Bethesda games a long time ago. They don't make good RPG's, they don't make good action games - they just make crap timesinks for people to waste their time on. On the upside, at least Skyrim was a huge hit among pedophiles so they can spend their time playing that game instead of molesting children.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#165 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@hatecalledlove said:

how do you figure? They've made the worst main series entry into the franchise and its the only one they've done. New Vegas was miles better then 3 and it looks like 4 will be worse then 3. It's and RPG franchise, not a stripped down consolite FPS.

They deserve a second chance. We all do.

Not to mention NV being miles better is an opinion not shared by everyone. Also its their IP. They can make it whatever the **** they want it to be.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 cainetao11

@-God- said:

Fallout of Duty confirmed?

Cool. It'll be the first "of Duty" game I have bought in years.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 cainetao11

@rekthard said:
@blangenakker said:

Ever played Stalker?

+1

Stalker is shooter focused yet it's praised by PC Gamers.

So why the hate for Fallout 4?

Because people cant accept change. Bethesda owns the IP and they can make anything they want with it. If people like the old Fallouts more keep playing them. I've done that enough.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 cainetao11

@walloftruth said:
@-God- said:
@xdude85 said:

WallofLies? That must be my evil twin.

Maybe you're both clones of WallofText...........................

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 cainetao11

@-God- said:
@frank_castle said:

Some of you guys seemingly can't quit talking about a game that you supposedly have zero interest in

I have interest in Fallout, I do not want it to be Farcry reskinned, but that is sadly too late.

Why didn't you apply for a job at Bethesda then? Or did you think they were going to make a game just for you?

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 -God-

@cainetao11 said:
@-God- said:
@frank_castle said:

Some of you guys seemingly can't quit talking about a game that you supposedly have zero interest in

I have interest in Fallout, I do not want it to be Farcry reskinned, but that is sadly too late.

Why didn't you apply for a job at Bethesda then? Or did you think they were going to make a game just for you?

I thought they wouold have made..you know...a RPG

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 cainetao11

@-God- said:
@cainetao11 said:
@-God- said:
@frank_castle said:

I thought they wouold have made..you know...a RPG

As another poster said, please make a list for everyone's benefit, including developers, of what criteria exactly makes an RPG. Until then you are acting like a woman because her man didn't read her mind.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#172  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

@freedomfreak :

@freedomfreak said:

Whatever it is, it looks like it's gonna be the best Fallout game we've ever seen.

Not really.... Considering Fallout 3 was the worst of all the fallout games. I don't have a huge expectation for Fallout 4. I honestly liked Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics and Fallout New Vegas all way more than Fallout 3. I will give Fallout 4 a go but Bethesda have not done good writing in a game in awhile. New Vegas had much better writing, felt more like fallout, factions and had better quests.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#173 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I'm glad Fallout 4 is an action shooter.

elessarGObonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#174 elessarGObonzo
Member since 2008 • 2677 Posts

it is funny. you got multiple members here posting over and over how something is not RPG. and none that can actually give a definition of what "RPG" means in a game.

if you have options that lead to different character attributes or storylines, different ingame actions that lead to different outcomes however implemented, and\or crafting options that can lead to the same effects as leveling stats: then it has RPG elements and therefore deserves RPG in it's genre's title. action-rpg, shooter-rpg, classic turn-based rpg. the genre is not an all-inclusive law, but a fluid form of games.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23890 Posts

@kozzy1234 said:

Not really.... Considering Fallout 3 was the worst of all the fallout games. I don't have a huge expectation for Fallout 4. I honestly liked Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics and Fallout New Vegas all way more than Fallout 3. I will give Fallout 4 a go but Bethesda have not done good writing in a game in awhile. New Vegas had much better writing, felt more like fallout, factions and had better quests.

It cannot be the worst Fallout game when this abomination exists.

@elessarGObonzo said:

it is funny. you got multiple members here posting over and over how something is not RPG. and none that can actually give a definition of what "RPG" means in a game.

if you have options that lead to different character attributes or storylines, different ingame actions that lead to different outcomes however implemented, and\or crafting options that can lead to the same effects as leveling stats: then it has RPG elements and therefore deserves RPG in it's genre's title. action-rpg, shooter-rpg, classic turn-based rpg. the genre is not an all-inclusive law, but a fluid form of games.

I tend to identify the genre of a game based on what its main emphasis is. A roleplaying game's main emphasis is putting you in the shoes of a character, and live out his strengths and weaknesses. And living the world through as he or she would have done it. While I dont know the case with Fallout 4 yet, due to not having played it. I can say with certainity that Fallout 3's main emphasis was the action and combat. And you couldnt really play it through any ohter way than the guy who killed everything in his path. You could play as a character who puts all his points in diplomacy and other non combat skills and still kill Super Mutant Behemoths. The only difference is the number of bullets needed. And all the problems and scenarios was designed with killing in mind. With the occational choice at the end to give some lip service to the genre it is pretending to be. Compare this to Fallout 1 where you could beat most of the content in the game with 0 kills just through inguinity (speech, science, repair, sneak, lockpicking, stealing, intelligence, perception, clever item usage), and beating Fallout 2 killing only Frank Horrigan. Fallout 3 de-emphasized that inguinity Fallout 1 and 2 promoted, and in turn stripped out all that roleplaying that made Fallout 1 and 2 so great. You can roleplay the hero of the wasteland or the evildoer of the wasteland, both killing anything in their path and little more.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#176 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Has Bethesda even hinted at how big the map will be in comparison FO3 and FNV?

Edo-Tensei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Edo-Tensei_
Member since 2015 • 173 Posts

They will probably use the Skyrim leveling system and focus more on perks and sub perks. They will probably take away all other stats the same way they did from Oblivion to Skyrim. Let's give Bethesda a chance first. The game doesn't necessarily have to fail because of this. The streamlining worked for their last game.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#178 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

It's funny...you're acting like 30fps is a big negative when many games on consoles have been doing that and they sell more on consoles than PC.

Seems 30fps is fine with most ppl.

Too bad -God-....you really tried hard this time.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#179 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

It's funny...you're acting like 30fps is a big negative when many games on consoles have been doing that and they sell more on consoles than PC.

when we have 60+ hz based tv's yes its a negative effect on the fluidity of the experience.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 -God-

@mr_huggles_dog said:

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By -God-

@edo-tensei_ said:

They will probably use the Skyrim leveling system and focus more on perks and sub perks. They will probably take away all other stats the same way they did from Oblivion to Skyrim. Let's give Bethesda a chance first. The game doesn't necessarily have to fail because of this. The streamlining worked for their last game.

LOL, the streamlining was terrible in Skyrim. There was 1/100th the builds and exponentially less spells. It was either Warrior, Mage, or Sneaky dude. No mixing because not dual casting = super gimp. Worse than Dragon Age. And since they took out spell crafting, most spells ended up being completely worthless a few hours in the game lol.

Had to mod the living hell out of that game.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#182 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11234 Posts

I love Bethesda games, but I hate how they completely streamline every game with every iteration.

I remember people complained about Oblivion being to stripped down and less of an RPG than Morrowind. I didn't know better since I didn't play Morrowind until 2008 with Oblivion graphics mods and only then did I understand what the haters were complaining about. Still absolutely loved Oblivion.

Then came Skyrim, a game which I love and that improved upon Oblivion in many ways, but while taking 2 steps forward I also felt like they took three steps backwards as well.. stripped the game of half its RPG mechanics and just made it too "casual" for my taste.

I hope they don't streamline TESVI even more..

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Mr_Huggles_dog

@04dcarraher said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

when we have 60+ hz based tv's yes its a negative effect on the fluidity of the experience.

Apparently it doesn't mean shit to a lot of ppl.

No matter of Nick Cage gif -God- posts will make that untrue.

Too bad.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By -God-

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Retinal jiggles: Why your eyes and brain strongly prefer games at 60 fps

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/do-you-prefer-30-fps-over-60-fps-32172149/

http://www.technologyx.com/featured/understanding-frame-rate-look-truth-behind-30v60-fps/

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#185 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@04dcarraher said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Apparently it doesn't mean shit to a lot of ppl.

Too bad.

Because they dont know any better and are spoon fed whatever is handed too them

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@-God-: Sucks that none of that actually makes what I said any less true.

@04dcarraher:Or....or....it's fun regardless?

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By -God-

@-God- said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Retinal jiggles: Why your eyes and brain strongly prefer games at 60 fps

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/do-you-prefer-30-fps-over-60-fps-32172149/

http://www.technologyx.com/featured/understanding-frame-rate-look-truth-behind-30v60-fps/

TheGodfried

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By TheGodfried
Member since 2015 • 6 Posts

@-God- said:
  • No Skills. Every player is same with all weapons.
  • No Crit Chance. Numbers are scary!
  • Focused on mainly "shooter mechanics", hired id and bungie employees for help. (Explains the two above points.)
  • Power Armor isn't armor, it's a vehicle you enter for certain quests and areas.
  • Dialogue Wheel and Voiced PC.
  • Companion can't die.
  • No weapon degradation.
  • No Survival mode.

It now belongs in the same genre as Farcry, GTAV, MGSV. Just a open world action game with some customization.

News Update:

Fallout 4 director Todd Howard confirmed the news to Digital Spy at this year's E3 gaming expo.

"It is 1080p on everything," he said, before confirming that it would run at 30fps and not 60fps

haha gonna suck on crapsoles.

5 Month ago...GEE I WISH I HAD READ YOUR COMMENT before i bought that shitty game.

Worst game i have played since watch dogs...

FU BETHESDA i really hopey they go bankrupt, what they have done with the Fallout-Series is a pain in the a...

Even Intelligence doesn't have ANY effect on Quests.

https://i.imgur.com/QPwdEhw.jpg

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#189 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#190 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Whatever it is, it looks like it's gonna be the best Fallout game we've ever seen.

I agree lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@commander said:

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 -God-

@-God- said:

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

*Another* AAA 9.0 Editors Choice award winning game reviewed on PS4.