Is E3 the last chance for Wii U and Ouya?

#1 Edited by TigerSuperman (3118 posts) -

Both these consoles are on their last legs. With Nintendo moving resources around and only having 2 big upcoming games that matter, along with Ouya cutting it's partnerships and planning to put their games on the MOJO.

These two need a miracle.

However, Analyst Micheal Pacther has suggested that OUYA and Nintendo form a join partnership so that you can play your nintendo games and your phone games all on one box.

#2 Edited by razu2444 (806 posts) -

If Nintendo even decide to show up. If they do most likely nobody will care.

#3 Edited by AznbkdX (3274 posts) -

Why would E3 be the last chance?

#4 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5085 posts) -
@TigerSuperman said:

Analyst Micheal Pacther has suggested that OUYA and Nintendo form a join partnership so that you can play your nintendo games and your phone games all on one box.

that's awesome. i didn't know pachter was branching into comedy.

#5 Posted by RR360DD (12891 posts) -

I have a feeling Nintendo (and MS for that matter) are feeling a bit under pressure and will really go all out this E3. It won't save the Wii U, but still more games for those who have it.

Meanwhile Sony is closing studios and laying off people left, right and centre. Their E3 "MEGATON" is a HD port of a last gen game (TLOU) which has already been leaked LOL

#6 Posted by misterpmedia (3796 posts) -

I'm waiting for Ninty to announce a new price cut that brings it under £100. All I want one for is Bayonetta 2 and maybe X so I want it as cheap as I can get it. It's definitely spiraling the drain so one last E3 to mention all the upcoming games then close up shop I feel.

#7 Posted by silversix_ (15335 posts) -

Wiiu's chance is long gone and Ouya never had a chance.

#8 Edited by superbuuman (3070 posts) -

if Nintendo spend majority of the time on QoL & 3DS..with only repeating the same unrelease titles like Bayo2, X etc..with nothing new for Wii U..then yea nail in coffin for Wii U. :p

#9 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27499 posts) -

@TigerSuperman said:

However, Analyst Micheal Pacther has suggested that OUYA and Nintendo form a join partnership so that you can play your nintendo games and your phone games all on one box.

Okay, I can't buy the fact that Pachter is a troll like he said he was anymore. He's a damn fool. He's also the guy who said Nintendo should focus on iOS development while they develop it (not how it works and you know it, Pach, considering iOS development is doing that other thing herms/cows/lems beg them to do all the same).

#10 Edited by super600 (30871 posts) -

I highly doubt nintendo cares about saving the wiiu right now. The are just going to support it until they decide to kill it. They are working on their next handheld and maybe console now.And when did Micheal Patcher say that.And uya is irrelevant.

#11 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7775 posts) -

Nothing can "save" the Wii U at this point. The ship has sank and the best thing Nintendo can do is salvage what they can until the time is right to officially drop it.

lolOuya.

#12 Posted by NFJSupreme (5386 posts) -

Ouya is dead and was never alive. It was stillborn. Wii u is on life support and maybe e3 can work a miracle. I doubt it though. Jesus ain't showing up at e3 to raise the dead.

#13 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11543 posts) -

As others have said, it's too late for Wii U. All they can do is pump out more exclusives to at least get a decent number of lifetime sales.

#14 Posted by KBFloYd (14428 posts) -

done with infamous already?

lol

#15 Posted by DocSanchez (1789 posts) -

Wii u is dead and ouya is another in a long list of experiments that never took off. E3 can't change either fact.

#16 Posted by santoron (7857 posts) -

Ouya is toast. It launched with much hype and consumer goodwill, but they didn't have the customer experience nearly as polished as people expected. Now it's in a crowded space that few consumers seem interested in.

WiiU on the other hand, doesn't really Need anything. They make a profit on every unit sold (I think), and they have a more than solid stable of first party franchises to release in the coming years. They are going to be a very, very distant third place this gen, but if they can make money in that position, then what's the emergency? Nintendo has been in this position more often than not for the last twenty years (see N64, Gamecube), and were profitable the whole way. Having strong handheld revenues helps them too.

#17 Edited by hotdiddykong (2048 posts) -

LOL PATCHER

>Putting the Ouya even a mile near the Wii U

Stop

>All these people assuming Wii U is dead

Lets see about that whenever another game gets praised and another third party gets ignored because of you whinny babies and wanting games on your console.