Is diablo 3 on consoles better than Skyrim?

Posted by uninspiredcup (12288 posts) 1 year, 25 days ago

Poll: Is diablo 3 on consoles better than Skyrim? (28 votes)

Ye 36%
Ne 64%

My feinds, since Diablo III's much lauded console release with many people saying it was better on console and in general, RPG's are better with a control pad. As an action RPG much like Bethesda "skyrim" is "diablo III" better or a lesser title? As a pc user on a pc, using a pc, I can't comment on this issue and need your opinion. For most of the day, it's been troubling.

#1 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9504 posts) -

While I find them to be completely different experiences, I do prefer me some Diablo 3 to Skyrim.

#2 Edited by Alucard_Prime (3329 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity said:

While I find them to be completely different experiences, I do prefer me some Diablo 3 to Skyrim.

That's what I was about to say. But, let me be clear: Skyrim is a masterpiece that I thouroughly enjoyed.....but Diablo 3, oh my....just put me in a lobby with 3 other friends, and I can play that game all day long. Please, please come out with the ultimate edition on Xbox One. :)

#3 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7607 posts) -

I do not even understand how anyone could say Diablo is better. I know people think it is cool to trash Skyrim but the game is leap years above Diablo in every area story, graphics, gameplay, world, ect. I have both and like both but come on they are not even in the same class.

#4 Posted by inb4uall (6312 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

I know people think it is cool to trash Skyrim but the game is leap years above Diablo in every area

Obviously thats a gross overstatement. Diablo was by far the more polished game. Skyrim is/was riddled with bugs.

#5 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (9504 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

I do not even understand how anyone could say Diablo is better. I know people think it is cool to trash Skyrim but the game is leap years above Diablo in every area story, graphics, gameplay, world, ect. I have both and like both but come on they are not even in the same class.

Nobody in the thread trashed Skyrim though. Hell, Skyrim is one of my favorite games from last gen, I just prefer Diablo over it despite being two completely different games.

#6 Posted by uninspiredcup (12288 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

I do not even understand how anyone could say Diablo is better.

It's easy

Skyrim combat - shit and unbalanced

Diablo III - visceral and balanced

Skyrim - poor story-telling for the gnre

Diablo III - excellent story telling

Skyrim - Poor presentation

Diablo III - Impeccable presentation

Skyrim - Repetitive music, reused voice actors

Diablo III - impeccable music, superb voice acting

It seems when we look at it objectively, you are wrong and Skyrim is shit.

#7 Posted by inb4uall (6312 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

I do not even understand how anyone could say Diablo is better.

It's easy

Skyrim combat - shit and unbalanced

Diablo III - visceral and balanced

Skyrim - poor story-telling for the gnre

Diablo III - excellent story telling

Skyrim - Poor presentation

Diablo III - Impeccable presentation

Skyrim - Repetitive music, reused voice actors

Diablo III - impeccable music, superb voice acting

It seems when we look at it objectively, you are wrong and Skyrim is shit.

This ^

#8 Edited by CanYouDiglt (7607 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

I know people think it is cool to trash Skyrim but the game is leap years above Diablo in every area

Obviously thats a gross overstatement. Diablo was by far the more polished game. Skyrim is/was riddled with bugs.

Well hell I would hope a game that is like1/4 the size and was in development even longer is more polished.

#9 Posted by inb4uall (6312 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

@inb4uall said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

I know people think it is cool to trash Skyrim but the game is leap years above Diablo in every area

Obviously thats a gross overstatement. Diablo was by far the more polished game. Skyrim is/was riddled with bugs.

Well hell I would hope a game that is like 30% the size and was in development even longer is more polished.

If you are going to make claims like "skyrim is leap years above diablo in EVERY AREA" then you open yourself and your statement up to ridicule. Just the way it is man.

#10 Posted by Spartan070 (16377 posts) -

@Alucard_Prime said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

While I find them to be completely different experiences, I do prefer me some Diablo 3 to Skyrim.

That's what I was about to say. But, let me be clear: Skyrim is a masterpiece that I thouroughly enjoyed.....but Diablo 3, oh my....just put me in a lobby with 3 other friends, and I can play that game all day long. Please, please come out with the ultimate edition on Xbox One. :)

They are working on it alongside the PS4 version, just hasn't been confirmed yet.

#11 Edited by CanYouDiglt (7607 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: I honestly like both games but your reasons are crazy

Skyrim combat - shit and unbalanced -Sure on easy then just up the difficulty and if you are saying you had a hard time on normal for diablo you are not telling the truth. Also any difficulty on diablo is not hard either.

Diablo III - visceral and balanced- How the heck can you say the world of Diablo is more visceral then Skyrim is beyond me and I call a huge BS.

Skyrim - poor story-telling for the gnre-Their were a ton of different stories but Diablo was once again you fight the devils again. Skyrim there is the main, the war between the elves and Nords story, and far more side quests.

Diablo III - excellent story telling-Ya now you are just being silly here. Almost no side quests and once again fighting the devil.

Skyrim - Poor presentation-One of the best looking, believable open world non mmo games on consoles has "Poor presentation" Ya whatever bud

Diablo III - Impeccable presentation

Skyrim - Repetitive music, reused voice actors-See bleow--

Diablo III - impeccable music, superb voice acting-Not only does Skyrim have better but also far more voice acting and lines. The amount of voice acted lines would be at least 7 times more then diablo.

#12 Posted by santoron (7970 posts) -

A bunch of the praise for D3 on consoles was that it had no AH and a better than PC at the time loot system. Honestly, I felt console Diablo was Too generous, but it was better than how D3 PC was at the time. Plus, people were rather impressed that D3 worked as well as it does with a controller. I know I was.

Anyhow, a Skyrim v D3 question is gonna be largely up to your genre preference. For me, both are great. But Skyrim is the much better game.

#13 Posted by uninspiredcup (12288 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

I do not even understand how anyone could say Diablo is better.

It's easy

Skyrim combat - shit and unbalanced

Diablo III - visceral and balanced

Skyrim - poor story-telling for the gnre

Diablo III - excellent story telling

Skyrim - Poor presentation

Diablo III - Impeccable presentation

Skyrim - Repetitive music, reused voice actors

Diablo III - impeccable music, superb voice acting

It seems when we look at it objectively, you are wrong and Skyrim is shit.

This ^

Agreed. Excellent points.

#14 Posted by Flubbbs (3509 posts) -

the games are totally different so i dont see why you would even compare them

#15 Posted by uninspiredcup (12288 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

the games are totally different so i dont see why you would even compare them

Because they aren't totally different.

#16 Posted by locopatho (20691 posts) -

Diablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2, and a disappointing sequel.

Skyrim is better than Oblivion in every way, the best in it's impressive series, and a GOTY candidate.

Obviously Skyrim.

Diablo 3 is fun in co op but even then the likes of Borderlands 1 and 2, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Gears 1, 2 and 3, and Portal 2 are better co op games.

Blizzard done goofed.

#18 Edited by uninspiredcup (12288 posts) -

I have disregarded many of the Skyrim votes as fanboy voting. We all know Blizzard hot hate at launch and get hated for no good reason. 30% of Skyrim votes will be discounted.

#19 Posted by inb4uall (6312 posts) -

@locopatho said:

enjoy your strike.

#20 Edited by KHAndAnime (14558 posts) -

I haven't played D3 on the consoles. But having played both games on PC, they're very different. Despite all the changes brought to D3 from Blizzard since launch - the game's absolutely cruddy and short campaign is still the centerpiece of the game. The quests, the acts - all derivative, "been here before", and boring as fuck! What made them think they should re-use all the exact locales from the previous games?

All the Villains and dialogue all take the appearance of a scrapped World of Warcraft expansion. Game makes me tired just thinking about it. I don't consider Skyrim to be great either, but at least the entirety of it isn't built around a throw-away game universe. The dialogue and story telling in Diablo 3 is so bad, it makes me wonder if it was written by a team of monkeys (or tweens who think DBZ is the peak of humanity's story-crafting capabilities). You literally have to be illiterate or possibly brain-dead to sit there and listen to any of the game's dialogue without cringing.

#21 Posted by Spartan070 (16377 posts) -

@locopatho said:

Diablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2

That's unfair though, Diablo 2 left no room for improvement.

#22 Edited by wis3boi (31938 posts) -

Big Mutha Truckers is better than your threads

#23 Posted by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

Performance wise, yes. And the controls are very nice and fluid on console too. One of my favorite games this gen.

#24 Posted by mems_1224 (48354 posts) -

diablo 3 on any system isn't better than anything. crap game is crap.

#25 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (18250 posts) -

These two games are too different to compare. One's a co-op oriented Dungeon Crawler and the other is a Steaming pile of crap the somehow managed to win more GOTY's than Arkham City (a game actually worth playing).

So there.

#26 Posted by Jankarcop (10468 posts) -

both are better on PC

#27 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7817 posts) -

@locopatho said:

Diablo 3 is inferior to Diablo 2, and a disappointing sequel.

Skyrim is better than Oblivion in every way, the best in it's impressive series, and a GOTY candidate.

Obviously Skyrim.

Diablo 3 is fun in co op but even then the likes of Borderlands 1 and 2, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Gears 1, 2 and 3, and Portal 2 are better co op games.

Blizzard done goofed.

I agree with your first statement and the first half of your second statement. Diablo 3 is still the better game, though, and by a wide margin.

#28 Edited by clone01 (25213 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

I do not even understand how anyone could say Diablo is better.

It's easy

Skyrim combat - shit and unbalanced

Diablo III - visceral and balanced

Skyrim - poor story-telling for the gnre

Diablo III - excellent story telling

Skyrim - Poor presentation

Diablo III - Impeccable presentation

Skyrim - Repetitive music, reused voice actors

Diablo III - impeccable music, superb voice acting

It seems when we look at it objectively, you are wrong and Skyrim is shit.

Not really...your thread is sh*t though, Jankarop.

#29 Edited by uninspiredcup (12288 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

diablo 3 on any system isn't better than anything. crap game is crap.

My friends, objectively speaking, Diablo 3 designed action RPG's around. If not the best. To see such hatred aimed at such a high quality game is deeply saddening. I must admit my friends, I too, held out. Hated like a hater. A young angry person. But then, on a whim, with a sale, I saw the light. It was very bright and enlightening. I was wrong. Something that has rarely ever happened. It was a deeply shocking revelation. Revolutionary.

#30 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9268 posts) -

Skyrim sucks all around(except with PC mods). Diablo 3 wins by default.

#31 Posted by heretrix (37515 posts) -

I enjoyed the hell out of D3 on the PS3. Even with it's flaws it's surprised me at how well they made the transition from KB&M to controller. I really hope the expansion comes to the PS3 as well. I refuse to have anything to do with Battlenet after the insane amount of bullshit I had to go through to reset an account.

#32 Posted by uninspiredcup (12288 posts) -

@heretrix said:

I enjoyed the hell out of D3 on the PS3. Even with it's flaws it's surprised me at how well they made the transition from KB&M to controller. I really hope the expansion comes to the PS3 as well. I refuse to have anything to do with Battlenet after the insane amount of bullshit I had to go through to reset an account.

Yes. I had that problem a few days ago. My account apparently had "suspicious actively" i.e. I never fucking used it, so they locked it.

It's worth noting as well, the Blizzard community is the pits. As aggressive as the young angry people on this forum can be, it's really nothing compared to the behavior Blizzard elite show. Truly awful human beings.

#33 Posted by heretrix (37515 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

I do not even understand how anyone could say Diablo is better.

Diablo III - excellent story telling

Diablo III - impeccable music, superb voice acting

I strongly disagree on both of these points. the story and voice acting is as cheesy as it gets. It's decent cheese, but still cringe inducing at certain almost every part. I was embarrassed to find out that there was some really good voice actors involved.. I mean, Femshep herself (Jen Hale) played Leah, which shocked the hell out of me considering how terrible she was.

#34 Posted by uninspiredcup (12288 posts) -

@heretrix said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

I do not even understand how anyone could say Diablo is better.

Diablo III - excellent story telling

Diablo III - impeccable music, superb voice acting

I strongly disagree on both of these points. the story and voice acting is as cheesy as it gets. It's decent cheese, but still cringe inducing at certain almost every part. I was embarrassed to find out that there was some really good voice actors involved.. I mean, Femshep herself (Jen Hale) played Leah, which shocked the hell out of me considering how terrible she was.

Cheesy doesn't equal bad. It's meant to be that way.

#35 Posted by heretrix (37515 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@heretrix said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

I do not even understand how anyone could say Diablo is better.

Diablo III - excellent story telling

Diablo III - impeccable music, superb voice acting

I strongly disagree on both of these points. the story and voice acting is as cheesy as it gets. It's decent cheese, but still cringe inducing at certain almost every part. I was embarrassed to find out that there was some really good voice actors involved.. I mean, Femshep herself (Jen Hale) played Leah, which shocked the hell out of me considering how terrible she was.

Cheesy doesn't equal bad. It's meant to be that way.

I said the cheese was decent, but some of the acting was pretty terrible. Belial (in prince form) in particular, made cringe every time he spoke.

I didn't hate it, but I think that it was far shot from being excellent or superb.

#36 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7817 posts) -
@heretrix said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

I do not even understand how anyone could say Diablo is better.

Diablo III - excellent story telling

Diablo III - impeccable music, superb voice acting

I strongly disagree on both of these points. the story and voice acting is as cheesy as it gets. It's decent cheese, but still cringe inducing at certain almost every part. I was embarrassed to find out that there was some really good voice actors involved.. I mean, Femshep herself (Jen Hale) played Leah, which shocked the hell out of me considering how terrible she was.

She used to be Femshep, until she took an arrow in the knee.

#37 Posted by 777Hedonist7666 (30 posts) -

It wouldnt surprise me if Diablo 3 on console is better than Skyrim (on console). The latter is a pile of shit on console, lol.

#38 Posted by verbalfilth (4702 posts) -

mehhhh

to be honest I've played them all...I don't know why you would want to compare one with the other but if I were forced to make the option, I'd much prefer the elder scroll series than Diablo.

I just have more fun exploring those worlds than anything Diablo throws at me.

Diablo has always been about looking for rare loot. And that's fine if it's your thing but it gets extremely repetitive for me. I can only stand Diablo in small dosses but when it comes to TES games, I can play for hrs on end.

#39 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (434 posts) -

My vote goes to Skyrim. Do not get me wrong, I love Diablo, but Skyrim was a better game overall for me.

#40 Posted by ominous_titan (798 posts) -

Diablo is better, skyrim isn't that great I enjoyed oblivion a lot more

#41 Posted by jhonMalcovich (5131 posts) -

You can not compare those two games, plain and simple. The people who are taking part in this circus, shame on you.