Is Destiny the most polished game for its size?

#1 Posted by Omega-316 (784 posts) -

Everything about this game is just A+ quality. This is also a beta so the thing isnt even 100% yet. What do you think? Anybody ran into any issues on the PS4 version? I cant find any. You can always count on bungie to make a quality game.

#2 Edited by silversix_ (14232 posts) -

This is not a beta and alpha wasn't one. This is a demo and its why this thing is so polished.

#3 Posted by soulitane (13482 posts) -

I'm curious how you'd quantify such a thing?

#4 Posted by clyde46 (45953 posts) -

This is not a beta and alpha wasn't one. This is a demo and its why this thing is so polished.

There hasn't been a good "beta" since before COD4. Hell, I blame COD4 for starting all this.

#5 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10476 posts) -

As Halo 3 was, as Halo: Reach was -- Bungie puts out a near complete code of their game mainly to test their server base and see how people play (what is important to the players -- areas most traveled, weapons most used, hours played, whathaveyou) then use that info to dictate what they change if anything when the game goes gold.

#6 Posted by uninspiredcup (8250 posts) -

First person shooters are simple games....

#7 Posted by SecretPolice (21707 posts) -

Dunno but it being from Bungie, I'm guessing chances are very good.

#8 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

"Everything about this game is just A+ quality"

except the game itself. It's like nothing special, still can't understand the hype.

#9 Posted by PAL360 (26820 posts) -

The beta is very polished indeed, even the alpha was! The game environments are not as big as promissed, though. There are invisible walls everywhere. Its not an open world game like Skyrim or RDR. More like a linear game with big areas.

Thats my biggest complain, anyway. Im loving it.

#10 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

First person MMO's are not.

#11 Posted by MBirdy88 (8009 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

I dunno... I didn't see an ounce of content in the alpha that didn't feel overly simplistic. and the beta bosses are nothing special either.

How can you even make complex fights in a game like this? with such a limited view perspective, class set ect ect.

It certainly won't compete with MMORPG's in that department.... and the battlegrounds are standard FPS affair so far. where do you go from there?

The main city... yeesh... tiny and had barely had anything in it.

#12 Posted by MBirdy88 (8009 posts) -

how cute that most here don't understand that alpha is now amarketing buzzword for these companies, only justified because the lock content out of it and label it "incomplete".... so close to release date.

Star Citizen is an example of a true alpha.

#13 Posted by Telekill (4492 posts) -

The game is definitely the most polished and fun beta I've ever played. I'm glad I have it preordered.

#14 Posted by cainetao11 (17265 posts) -

@Omega-316: agreed. Unlike some butthurt halo fans I look forward to its release. Gamers, all gamers deserve to try games.

#15 Posted by lostrib (35635 posts) -

how big is it?

#16 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

The ai isn't A+ quality.

#17 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17336 posts) -

the game is mighty good

#18 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

It isn't anything like a real MMO in scope or size.

#19 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

It's incredibly polished for a beta. I haven't run into a single issue at all yet on my end. The launch of it went really well too

#20 Edited by sukraj (22539 posts) -

I have to be honest destiny looks below average to me looks like borderlands.

#21 Posted by sailor232 (4574 posts) -

It looks like (from twitch viewing) that the melee is over powered, I'm wondering if I could just sprint melee everything to death, seems like that would be much quicker than shooting anything. Anyone in the Beta like to try to melee your way through hordes of enemies and see if it works?

#22 Posted by Ballroompirate (22734 posts) -

Destiny is not in beta when it has 7 weeks from release. This "beta" was pretty much a demo for the first few story missions.

#23 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

So how big is this thing anyway?

What are we talking WoW, Elder scrolls online, anyone actually know how big it is?

#24 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Cranler said:

The ai isn't A+ quality.

depends MMO A+ AI quality isn't regular A+ quality.

#25 Edited by TheEroica (13371 posts) -

@lostrib: somewhere between a banana and a submarine.

Enjoying the beta quite a bit... I have never followed Bungie, nor been hyped for a single Bungie game but destiny has me pretty psyched.

#26 Edited by funkmaster1233 (132 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

"Everything about this game is just A+ quality"

except the game itself. It's like nothing special, still can't understand the hype.

I agree.

I believe the hype is mostly coming from Playstation owners that may have not played on different consoles or a PC before. Playstation has always been better with certain genres but FPS is not one of them. This is probably the best FPS they have ever played

#27 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@Cranler said:

The ai isn't A+ quality.

depends MMO A+ AI quality isn't regular A+ quality.

This being a Bungie game I went in expecting Halo ai and got Half Life 2 ai.

What are the big benefits of this being mmo instead of a coop game like Borderlands anyway?