Is Bloodborne better than any Souls games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Some gamers who played all 4 games saying Bloodborne is best game yet by FROM SOFTWARE. Personally i played Souls Trilogy on PS 3 and still think no other souls games can beat Demons Souls.I may change my opinion if i play Bloodborne in future tho, not completely sure.

What you say warriors?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

I agree with you. Demon's my favorite.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Demon Souls is great, but personally prefer Bloodborne.. I guess it comes down to personal taste !!

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

i prefer neither.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

Demon's souls remains the best of the series.

Bloodborne lacks content but it's combat is the best.

I say Demon's souls > Bloodborne = Dark Souls >>>>> Dark Souls 2.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 indzman

@Malta_1980 said:

Demon Souls is great, but personally prefer Bloodborne.. I guess it comes down to personal taste !!

In what ways Bloodborne is better than Demons Souls? Please explain, i'm curious :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 indzman

@a-new-guardian said:

Ahhh, thought as much. What does Bloodborne lack in comparison to Souls games, if you don't mind me asking :)

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

@indzman: I find the setting (world) in Bloodborne quite intriguing, but it has to be said I'm quite a sucker when it comes Gothic/Pseudo-Victorian settings..

The faster paced gameplay and combat mechanics are better..In addition the nice choice cool weapons and the multiplayer are in my opinion what makes Bloodborne stand out...

Visually the game looks great too

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

@indzman said:
@a-new-guardian said:

Ahhh, thought as much. What does Bloodborne lack in comparison to Souls games, if you don't mind me asking :)

It lacks content like I said. there isn't enough content there and the replay value.

Lack of weapons, armour, and play style will be the same for every player. in dark souls you can be a tank or light weight. you can approach a situation in many ways with different builds and magic. Bloodborne lacks that, it only has one play style. thus replay value diminished.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
  1. Demon's Souls
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Bloodborne
  4. Dark Souls 2

The only souls game it is superior to is Dark Souls 2, because for all of Dark Souls 2's "mechanical improvements" (and that's a load of shit) and build variety/pvp aspects, it's not all that good of a game. It's actually pretty poor for large stretches with awful level design and completely uninspired boss fights. And not in a "they are so easy" sort of way, but a they are just boring visually, boring mechanically, and just boring period.

The other 3 games are terrific, but Demon's Souls has a lot of benefits going for it. Biggest being new car smell, but simply put I think that group of boss fights, the consistency of the level design, the lore, and all that stuff is actually at its strongest in the Souls games. Dark Souls is probably the best 3D iteration of Metroid design we have had since Prime 1 and 2, but it has a final third that really is just sloppy. Bloodborne could have been able to match up on level design, but there were some late levels that just sucked.

Plus you throw in the reduced build variety and how dialed back the PvP became and in my mind you still get a great game at its core, but one that took as many steps backwards as it took forward with this series.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

Well it sure isn't better than Demon's Souls that's for sure. Demon's Souls remains fixed in my head as one of the best games ever made.

As someone who has played video games since atari, if I put together a top ten best games of all time list, Demon's Souls would easily make my top 5, none of the others Souls games would make that list; to be clear tho, no other game from last generation til this one would make it either. The souls are all great games, but Demon's Souls is the only one that truly felt inspired.

RIZDRAVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RIZDRAVER
Member since 2007 • 247 Posts

Bloodborne.

More exciting combat, far better art direction, more detailed and realized world, superior and more varied bosses…..but yeah, it's all preference.