Is anyone really surprised by Sony beating Microsoft?

• 180 results
#51 Edited by arkephonic (6244 posts) -

@lostrib:

You're in for a long generation of denial and butthurt. Enjoy!

#52 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150474 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

No....they have a history of selling consoles.

@Silent-Assasin7 said:

Sony is the Apple of the video game world. People buy their products when they're good, people buy them when they're shit, and people buy them when they're just okay. But Sony gets complacent and they make a lot of empty promises. MS has been driving the real creativity and competition ever since the first Xbox came out. Think about what a bare bones console the PS2 was compared to the Xbox. Imagine if the Xbox didn't exist? We'd probably still have a Playstation with two controller ports and no online. Also, everything people have been praising about PS4 was more or less taken from the 360. It's too bad the Xbox is always playing the underdog, when it's the one actually moving the industry forward.

You know over time more things get added to consoles. PS2 was released before the Xbox. FYI...Sega beat MS to online consoles.

Just because Sega did it first doesn't mean that MS didn't change the industry with XBL.

But being second doesn't give you creativity points.

#53 Posted by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

Sony is the Apple of the video game world. People buy their products when they're good, people buy them when they're shit, and people buy them when they're just okay. But Sony gets complacent and they make a lot of empty promises. MS has been driving the real creativity and competition ever since the first Xbox came out. Think about what a bare bones console the PS2 was compared to the Xbox. Imagine if the Xbox didn't exist? We'd probably still have a Playstation with two controller ports and no online. Also, everything people have been praising about PS4 was more or less taken from the 360. It's too bad the Xbox is always playing the underdog, when it's the one actually moving the industry forward.

Xbox is and always has been a bootleg Playstation. Considering that the original Playstation was basically a bootleg SNES CD that basically makes the xbox brand a ripoff of a ripof f. Super pathetic.

#54 Posted by lostrib (34969 posts) -

@lostrib:

why is that?

#55 Edited by PsychoLemons (2052 posts) -

Should I?

#56 Posted by arkephonic (6244 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:

@lostrib:

why is that?

He needs sources to know why his butt hurts, lol. I know you play dumb a lot of the time, you don't use common sense because you don't feel like it, it all comes off as an act unless you're legitimately a dumb person. Who knows, you're just a screen name to me.

#57 Posted by mems_1224 (46697 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

No....they have a history of selling consoles.

@Silent-Assasin7 said:

You know over time more things get added to consoles. PS2 was released before the Xbox. FYI...Sega beat MS to online consoles.

Just because Sega did it first doesn't mean that MS didn't change the industry with XBL.

But being second doesn't give you creativity points.

Making an impact is what matters. Winback isn't a more influential franchise than Gears of Wars just because it had cover shooting before Gears did.

#58 Posted by lostrib (34969 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:

@lostrib:

why is that?

He needs sources to know why his butt hurts, lol. I know you play dumb a lot of the time, you don't use common sense because you don't feel like it, it all comes off as an act unless you're legitimately a dumb person. Who knows, you're just a screen name to me.

Well why exactly would I be in for a "long generation of denial and butthurt"? please explain

#59 Posted by lawlessx (46576 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:

@lostrib:

why is that?

he's dumb because he doesn't trust a source that isn't creditable? all i see you doing is plugging your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalalalala" whenever someone brings up a point you can't face

#60 Edited by arkephonic (6244 posts) -
@lawlessx said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:

@lostrib:

why is that?

he's dumb because he doesn't trust a source that isn't creditable? all i see you doing is plugging your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalalalala" whenever someone brings up a point you can't face

That's funny, because I was about to say the same thing. You're in for a long generation of denial and butthurt if you're a blind supporter of any losing brand. This brings me to my next point, the thing that I supposedly need more credible sources for. Answer this question.

Do you know why the 360 was lead platform last generation for multiplatform games?

#61 Posted by lostrib (34969 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:

@lostrib:

why is that?

That's funny, because I was about to say the same thing. You're in for a long generation of denial and butthurt if you're a blind supporter of any losing brand.

So why should I be in for a long generation of denial and butthurt?

#62 Posted by arkephonic (6244 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lawlessx said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:

@lostrib:

why is that?

That's funny, because I was about to say the same thing. You're in for a long generation of denial and butthurt if you're a blind supporter of any losing brand.

Because you're a blind supporter of a brand with a long history of losing. I see you deleted my question, is that because you don't have an answer? I even bolded it. Here, you can't miss it.

Do you know why the 360 was lead platform last generation for multiplatform games?

#63 Edited by lostrib (34969 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lawlessx said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:

@lostrib:

why is that?

Because you're a blind supporter of a brand with a long history of losing.

How so?

#64 Posted by arkephonic (6244 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lawlessx said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:

@lostrib:

why is that?

How so?

Because of your post history. Now the fact that you're ignoring my question means I've won this argument.

#65 Posted by lostrib (34969 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lawlessx said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:

@lostrib:

why is that?

How so?

Because of your post history. Now the fact that you're ignoring my question means I've won this argument.

You mean my post history that includes the fact that I own no xbox consoles?

#66 Posted by lundy86_4 (43047 posts) -

Is ark calling lostrib a Lemming? If so, then lulz.

#67 Posted by arkephonic (6244 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lawlessx said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:

@lostrib:

why is that?

How so?

That's the smartest thing you've said all night, good job. Unfortunately for you, being a blind hater of a brand with a long history of winning is equally as bad.

#68 Edited by lostrib (34969 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

yes, but he's going about it in a very round about way, it's actually kind of sad

#69 Edited by lostrib (34969 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

How so?

That's the smartest thing you've said all night, good job. Unfortunately for you, being a blind hater of a brand with a long history of winning is equally as bad.

You must not have looked at my post history very much

#70 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

I'll admit. I expected the PS4 to be the superior console, that's why I bought mine before my xbox, but if didn't believe it would have SUCH a huge demand as it has. I figured it would be close for the first year or so.

#71 Edited by arkephonic (6244 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

How so?

You don't have to look far, this thread itself says it all. You won't even answer a simple question I presented to you for the simple fact it might make Xbox look bad and PlayStation look good.

#72 Posted by lundy86_4 (43047 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@lundy86_4 said:

yes, but he's going about it in a very round about way, it's actually kind of sad

Seriously. He couldn't be further off base if he tried. He just needs to post pics:

#73 Edited by lostrib (34969 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

How so?

You don't have to look far, this thread itself says it all. You won't even answer a simple question I presented to you for the simple fact it might make Xbox look bad and PlayStation look good.

Yes, I am obviously so afraid of making the xbox look bad

or you know it could be that you asked and answered that question yourself on the first page.

You're just making yourself look foolish now

#74 Posted by arkephonic (6244 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

How so?

or you know it could be that you asked and answered that question yourself on the first page.

Just because I answered my own question doesn't make it right. I know I'm right most of the time but that doesn't make my words the word of God. I gave you the opportunity to form your own opinion/answer, unless this is you admitting I was right, in which case why did you ever ask for a link in the first place?

#75 Posted by lostrib (34969 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

How so?

Just because I answered my own question doesn't make it right. I know I'm right most of the time but that doesn't make my words the word of God. I gave you the opportunity to form your own opinion/answer, unless this is you admitting I was right, in which case why did you ever ask for a link in the first place?

Honestly, it was funnier to make you explain yourself

#76 Posted by linkdarkside (6253 posts) -

after all that DMR Microsoft try to pass they deserve that beating.

#77 Posted by foxhound_fox (87839 posts) -

Yes, actually, given that the Bone has more worthwhile games on it currently than the PS4.

That $400 price tag, and all that "just wait" hype is sure doing wonders for it though.

#78 Posted by arkephonic (6244 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

@arkephonic said:
@lostrib said:

How so?

Honestly, it was funnier to make you explain yourself

Fair enough, lol.

#79 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (751 posts) -

Not really. I look at last gen when M$ had a 1 year, 10 million console lead and couldn't even keep it against a console that cost 33% more at launch and was more expensive throughout the whole generation.

When Sony announced a more powerful console while being $100 cheaper I knew M$ had no chance to keep up.

#80 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9469 posts) -

After what happened at last years E3? No, not really.

#81 Posted by super600 (30380 posts) -
#82 Posted by inb4uall (5394 posts) -

I love all the people laughing that TC used VGchartz. The fact still stands the PS3 and 360 were VERY close at the close of last gen. The fact still stands. At their best Microsoft could only beat sony when sony was at their worst. Not only did they give M$ a head start but they grossly overpriced their console.

Not to mention that this fight between sony and microsoft wasn't even for first place. Nintendo far and away won the sales wars last gen hands down.

#83 Posted by arkephonic (6244 posts) -

@super600 said:

@arkephonic said:

Here's a link saying PS3 is 1.42 million ahead of 360.

If anyone can post an up to date link that's more credible saying otherwise, go ahead and do it.

Vgchartz lol.Get real sales data.

Care to provide a link to some real sales data then? I figured as a moderator, you'd kind of need to serve as a role model for other posters, but considering you never add anything remotely intellectual to any threads, are usually full of bias and always have so many spelling and grammar errors in all of your messages, that's not a part of the criteria. You're probably the same mod locking all the threads that people are complaining about since they're being done unnecessarily.

#84 Posted by KittenNose (416 posts) -

The sad thing is really that Microsoft was trying to get console gamers into what will be in their future.

In time, your games will play without the disks, and you will need some kind of online access to confirm ownership of the key. Just as PC brought console gamers to the disk instead of the cartridge, and brought post release patches to the console, and brought digital content to the console, and even mandatory installs. Diskless play is at most one generation around the corner. Perhaps even less if a more apt marketing team pushes the innovation.

Sony, by holding onto the past, got to sneak in the whole putting multiplayer behind a paywall BS, while still being perceived as the consumer's advocate. It really is kind of sad. I really hope JRPGs come to the PC this gen, that way I don't have to choose between going without them, or throwing money at a company as anti-consumer as Sony. Really hate giving money to folks who milk their customers, even after the console drops below one fifty.

#85 Posted by arkephonic (6244 posts) -

The sad thing is really that Microsoft was trying to get console gamers into what will be in their future.

In time, your games will play without the disks, and you will need some kind of online access to confirm ownership of the key. Just as PC brought console gamers to the disk instead of the cartridge, and brought post release patches to the console, and brought digital content to the console, and even mandatory installs. Diskless play is at most one generation around the corner. Perhaps even less if a more apt marketing team pushes the innovation.

Sony, by holding onto the past, got to sneak in the whole putting multiplayer behind a paywall BS, while still being perceived as the consumer's advocate. It really is kind of sad. I really hope JRPGs come to the PC this gen, that way I don't have to choose between going without them, or throwing money at a company as anti-consumer as Sony. Really hate giving money to folks who milk their customers, even after the console drops below one fifty.

Microsoft jumped the gun on their online policies just as many think Sony jumped the gun on a larger storage medium in blu ray. The difference is, Sony was trying to win the optical format war against HD-DVD and was using PS3 as a crutch whereas Microsoft just made a dumb decision.

#86 Posted by super600 (30380 posts) -

@super600 said:

@arkephonic said:

Here's a link saying PS3 is 1.42 million ahead of 360.

If anyone can post an up to date link that's more credible saying otherwise, go ahead and do it.

Vgchartz lol.Get real sales data.

Care to provide a link to some real sales data then? I figured as a moderator, you'd kind of need to serve as a role model for other posters, but considering you never add anything remotely intellectual to any threads, are usually full of bias and always have so many spelling and grammar errors in all of your messages, that's not a part of the criteria. You're probably the same mod locking all the threads that people are complaining about since they're being done unnecessarily.

This is the last update figures according to this source for the PS3

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/PlayStation_3

and for the 360

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Xbox_360

They are both over 80 million probably by now. No one knows who is currently in second place. And vgchartz is forbidden on this site. You will be laughed at if you use it as a source.

#87 Edited by Karnage108 (2404 posts) -

I remember a time when sales supposedly didn't matter, when the 360 was whooping the ps3.

#89 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

The only thing that surprises me is that cows can find ways to be worse posters today than they were yesterday.

#90 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

@spicymeatball27:

Spoken like a true fanboy. How does it feel to worship a plastic box? It must make you very popular with the ladies.

#91 Edited by Shewgenja (8506 posts) -

@treedoor said:

The only thing that surprises me is that cows can find ways to be worse posters today than they were yesterday.

It surprises me how people like you come in here every day telling people to spend more money on a system that struggles to play games in 1080p or even barely cutting past 720p despite it being 2014.

The wonders never cease.

#92 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

@treedoor said:

It surprises me how people like you come in here every day telling people to spend more money on a system that struggles to play games in 1080p or even barely cutting past 720p despite it being 2014.

The wonders never cease.

The PC?

#93 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4835 posts) -

Not really. Sony knows how to sell consoles purely on hype. They can sell consoles without games, it's pretty damn amazing actually.

On top of that though, MS decided to take a shotgun to their own feet early on while Sony is offering the better box for 100 bucks less. Sony looks like the good guy with the good hardware at the moment.

And lol @ this whole lostrib lem thing. That was fun to read.

#94 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4508 posts) -

god. that lostrib.

such a lemming birthday party attendee.

#95 Posted by Malta_1980 (11215 posts) -

why should ppl get surprised when Sony consoles always sold more compared to MS !!

#96 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28365 posts) -

lol sheen's still steaming from the infamous SS debacle I see.

Also everyone was surprised when Microsoft kicked the crap out of Sony last generation, but I can see Sheen's are atleast happy that the ps3 finally outsold the 360 once a new generation started.

#97 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (961 posts) -

@treedoor said:

I laughed so fkn hard. Glad I have yet to drink some Coffee (for the caffeine)

Disaster = avoided

#98 Edited by slimdogmilionar (518 posts) -

no

#99 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4072 posts) -

TC, you try too hard.

#100 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4072 posts) -

@treedoor said:

The wonders never cease.

lol, but you're telling people to buy a system that can only do goodish looking games at 30fps. But that's ok? You want hardware, get a PC, because the current gen is a fucking joke in that department.