Is anyone Planning on owning one system this gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

I don't know how people do it......I mean I know that gaming is a luxury and some people are not fortunate enough to own one system let alone more than one. But some people purposely do not purchase some systems. Yeah, they all have their flaws, but IMO they are all worth owning.

So putting that framework down.......is anyone planning on owning only one system this gen?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Some people are satisfied with 100's and 1000's of games on one console. I actually feel stupid for owning them all, because I never use them all.

Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts

Im planning on only owning a DS in the handeld department. I am planning on getting all home consoles though.

gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts
I have a PC and a Wii. Matching those with an old PS2 and Xbox keeps me happy.I feel no desire to own a 360 or PS3.
Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts

i own 360/ds and my freind has a wii

i dont really need anymore

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
Im probably just going to stick with my PC. I've still got about a dozen RPGs to finish on my PS2.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#7 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
PS3, PC, DS, and maybe a PSP and Wii.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
I don't have the time or money to own more then one console. I was thinking of getting a Wii but I don't think I will take that dive. I may end up buying a gaming PC within the next year or so though.
Avatar image for stophatinonprey
stophatinonprey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stophatinonprey
Member since 2006 • 574 Posts
if No More Heroes sucks then my wii is gone, and i really have no reason for my 360. so if i need cash then ya ill probably just own a PS3
ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
maybe brother gotps3 wat else i need
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Dumb. If you are on an internet forum talking about games chances are you are the kind of person that owns more than one console.
Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts

Dumb. If you are on an internet forum talking about games chances are you are the kind of person that owns more than one console.DaysAirlines

holy moly, did you really discoverd his secret evul plan all by yourself?!

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

Dumb. If you are on an internet forum talking about games chances are you are the kind of person that owns more than one console.DaysAirlines

I don't..

lost_cheeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lost_cheeto
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts

i own a wii, ds, and a xbox 360. the wii came first but it didnt really deliver for me. i should have done more research on what i was getting.basically it was bought on a whim. it was there i thought why not.i was more impressed with the ds then the wii though honestly. its a cool little gadget. xbox 360 really delivered for me gamewise. lots of fun and tons of games to choose.

i am jealous uncharted is not on the 360 though.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

I do own more than one console, but only one from this gen. I have a 360. I would like to havea PS3 and Wii, but I think I'm only going to be able to afford one.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I don't plan on buying a Wii for quite a long time.

I will own one though...eventually. Probably won't buy one for at least a year after SSBB launches and seeing as that's literally the only title i want on the console next year i'm putting it off a bit for PS3/360 games.

In terms of older consoles...i own them all. :)

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
I will prolly just rely on PC this gen, the new consoles don't appeal to me at all. Tho I might get some old console at some point just for the heck of it.
Coldplay07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Coldplay07
Member since 2002 • 4513 Posts
If I didn't have much money I'd definitely just get one, at least until a few price drops. I think now that I'm a college student, going forward I'll buy less and be smarter about it.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts

In all the past generations I always got everything from Pong til now except for Neo Geo and Turbografx 16 but even those two I got extensive playtime with through friends and the arcade (in Neo Geo case). Oh yeah I didn't have Intellivision but I did play it quite a bit. I also played the Magnavox Oddyssey without owning it and my cousins had the Bally Midway system which was the first thing I remember talking WIZARDS OF WOR or something like that it was pretty rad at the time. Anyway uhhh

GOD60 is the first perfect system so I don't really think I need the two lameoids competing against it. My older brother has Wii and my younger brother has PS3 neither system has games that take more than a few hours to blow through so it's not worth buying and I don't want to support either company.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]Dumb. If you are on an internet forum talking about games chances are you are the kind of person that owns more than one console.Kaosed

holy moly, did you really discoverd his secret evul plan all by yourself?!

There's no "plan"....I was asking a serious question. I know personally that there are too many games on too many platforms for me to have planned on owning only one console this gen.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#21 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
I will prolly just rely on PC this gen, the new consoles don't appeal to me at all. Tho I might get some old console at some point just for the heck of it.EntwineX

Thats how I'm feeling this gen. I like my PS3 but it doesn't produce the same "wow" factor PS2 and Xbox gave me.
7fold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 7fold
Member since 2003 • 282 Posts
going to try to get a Wii if I can find one..... Dont seem to be the case though
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115431 Posts
there's no wai i could only own one console for this gen, i have a xbox360 and i plan on getting a ps3 within the next 2 months or so... afterwards i'll look into purchasing a wii... there are to many exclusives on different consoles and i want to be able to experience them all.
TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts

I have NO need for more than one system, which is 360.

I don't like Nintendo games (and never have).

Also, I have never owned either of the previous Playstations. Go figure.

PS3 has a better chance though, but it ain't looking good right now.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts
I wouldn't want only one...
Currently own a Wii and a 360, which is probally the best combination this gen next to a PC and a Wii.
PS3 doesn't appeal to me at all, it's a lame excuse for a gaming console. It has all kinds of functions that I don't care about at all which makes it too expensive for the few games that actually interest me.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
no, im thinking of getting a wii later on...2008 most likely since my friend keeps bugging me about playing zelda, metroid prime, and mario galaxy
PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PopeReal
Member since 2005 • 1303 Posts
I don't have enough time to play all the games I want as it is on my Wii and DS so I am probably set.... I really do want RE5 though so I might break down and get a PS3 when that comes out.
Xire_XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#28 Xire_XII
Member since 2007 • 3092 Posts

I did that last gen and I regretted it until the end when I finally bought Xbox in the later two years till it's departure. PS2 was a wonder to me and it's lineup enthalled me to no end. Yet Xbox has quality titles like Fable, KOTOR, and Halo. This time around, I did not make that mistake. I saved up money and was able to have all three so I wouldn't miss out on quality titles developers put out, as well as being sucked into the pure ignorance many are in when they only own one and therefore plead pity or hate to others who own the others. Which half of the time it seems, ends up happening.

Though regardless, owning one system due to financial constraints is reasonable. Owning one console because your gaming habit isn't that extreme, is reasonable. Owning one console because you think your's is top brass and nothing can beat it, is arrogant and rather unfortunate. I fell victim to many of this when I owned a PS2 and I realize now that all systems have something to offer and I want to take advantage of it. So as a choice, no, I'm not planning on owning one because I'm too excited for everyone's future and existing lineup.

El-Visitante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 El-Visitante
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts

My only next-gen system so far is an xbox 360, but I also have my trusty ps2 at its side. I plan on getting a ps3 40 gb because I just have to play uncharted and let's not forget mgs4. I also have a psx and a sega genesis ftw!!! The wii just isn't for me though, my buddy has one and we were playing wii sports and i was likw "wtf?, this is ghey I'm sure it's a great system and all but the wii isn't my cup of tea (rhymes!!awesomeness!!)

Oscar-Wilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Oscar-Wilde
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts
I have never understood why someone would willingly miss out on games, so no not me.
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
Yes, I only own a Wii and it will probably remain that way. I have neither the money, time , nor desire to own multiple home consoles. My brother owns a 360 so I still play on that, but gaming is very much a secondary hobby these days, I do remain up to date with all the debates and arguments within the industry though.
Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
I currently Have a PC, 360, Wii and DS. I have a decent paying job to support my hobby and I move through games quickly.
Jelle87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jelle87
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

If my 360 doesn't permanently die on me I'll probably keep it. Ps3 doesn't appeal to me so far and Wii is pretty much out of the question. Would be nice for the gamecube library I missed though...

If I have to pay extra to eventually replace my 360 I might reconsider on getting a gaming rig or less likely a Ps3. I've come to like console gaming a lot though, especially since I played Crysis yesterday at a friend of mine who has a 8800 and Crysis doesn't run that great on DX 10. His computer was top of the line a year ago...

Well he got a 360 couple of months ago too exactly because of this problem :D

PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PopeReal

I have never understood why someone would willingly miss out on games, so no not me.Oscar-Wilde

It's called work and life. They happen to get in the way of me gaming 24/7.

Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts
Well once the WRPG's stop coming to the 360 and halo 3's MP gets stale and old then im selling my 360 and keeping my wii for the rest of the gen.
fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts
I've only got a Wii just now but my mate won a 360 elite of play.com so he is giving me his old 360 after xmas!!
tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tok1879
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts
i will NEVER use my money to buy a wii. i won't even let a family member purchase it for me. i will though, accept it only if i won it in some competition of which i had absolutely no relationship with the person who purchased it, and someone else could have won it instead of me.!! it's a sort of aprotest thing....i loved ninty to death up till the game cube, i bought a gamecube, and found it hard to find any game that wasn't cartoony that i could be interested in. figures! i remember whenthey said they'ld never allow a game like GTA on theirconsole. My biggest fear now is that the other companies(MS and sony) are looking at nintendo and seeing their success and would want to go that direction. That, my friends, will bring about the death of my love for gaming....
PopeReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PopeReal

i will NEVER use my money to buy a wii. i won't even let a family member purchase it for me. i will though, accept it only if i won it in some competition of which i had absolutely no relationship with the person who purchased it, and someone else could have won it instead of me.!! it's a sort of aprotest thing....i loved ninty to death up till the game cube, i bought a gamecube, and found it hard to find any game that wasn't cartoony that i could be interested in. figures! i remember whenthey said they'ld never allow a game like GTA on theirconsole. My biggest fear now is that the other companies(MS and sony) are looking at nintendo and seeing their success and would want to go that direction. That, my friends, will bring about the death of my love for gaming....tok1879

Meanwhile you are playing the games you want to play.... how is gaming going to die again? Play what you want and don't worry about it.

Avatar image for ILoveBeingDrunk
ILoveBeingDrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ILoveBeingDrunk
Member since 2006 • 890 Posts

No.

I already have owned a Wii, Xbox 360, DS, DS Lite, PSP and a high end PC this gen.

I still have a Wii, 360 and high end PC but I have sold my DS, DS Lite and PSP but will buy a new PSP slim after christmas.

The Wii, 360 and PC have too many good games not to own.

jbisco25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 jbisco25
Member since 2004 • 976 Posts
Ive got a PC and a 360, and i think that enough for me.
tok1879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tok1879
Member since 2005 • 1537 Posts

[QUOTE="tok1879"]i will NEVER use my money to buy a wii. i won't even let a family member purchase it for me. i will though, accept it only if i won it in some competition of which i had absolutely no relationship with the person who purchased it, and someone else could have won it instead of me.!! it's a sort of aprotest thing....i loved ninty to death up till the game cube, i bought a gamecube, and found it hard to find any game that wasn't cartoony that i could be interested in. figures! i remember whenthey said they'ld never allow a game like GTA on theirconsole. My biggest fear now is that the other companies(MS and sony) are looking at nintendo and seeing their success and would want to go that direction. That, my friends, will bring about the death of my love for gaming....PopeReal

Meanwhile you are playing the games you want to play.... how is gaming going to die again? Play what you want and don't worry about it.

what? who said gaming was going to die? i said my love for gaming!! not gaming itself!!! For all you know, graphics won't even factor into the next generation of consoles..they might all be tryin' their own "innovation".And for me, i've loved the improvement of graphics of every generation jump.To me it's the most evident indication that a new generation is here, not not some item to make me jump around and act silly, we've always had those, they're called "accessories", u know, like the eye toy?