Is anyone else amazed at the fact that the PS3 is so scrutinized

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

here on SW for its "lack of games" when the Wii has had only ONE game score above an 8.0 since November 19th? Before Thanksgiving people....and that one game is a mini-game compilation. Cmon seriously. The next promising game is April 9th, and after that....June...Big Brain Academy lol. But Bu bu teh sales and teh gameplay!!11!1 :cry:

So much for those non-wii droughts.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

I dunno, all systems have flaws.

I don't think PS3 deserves most of the bashing it gets, but it definitely should be cheaper (or people should just wait like me). 

ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
Well actually the Wii got Warioware in January, but I see your point. You can't really judge either consoles games though as it has been what 5 months?
DustAmulet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DustAmulet
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts
I guess it's just amazing that the PS1 and PS2 were both great, but the PS3 is being dominated completely by the Xbox 360. People expected it to be doing better than the feeble attempt Sony has shown thus far.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Uptown

Well actually the Wii got Warioware in January, but I see your point. You can't really judge either consoles games though as it has been what 5 months?ShakeNBake1491

the one game im talking about is warioware lol 

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
Like I really care what some fanboy says? I plan on buying a PS3
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShakeNBake1491

[QUOTE="ShakeNBake1491"]Well actually the Wii got Warioware in January, but I see your point. You can't really judge either consoles games though as it has been what 5 months?Uptown

the one game im talking about is warioware lol 

lol yeah, well some of the people in the Wii boards are in denial. I posted a thread about whether or not Super Paper Mario would end the drought, and everyone was like, "Oh we're already satisfied." I just can't pull myself to believe this is true. The Wii does have a few great titles right now, but they don't seem to think about what games are coming in the future. I've been giving the games the benefit of the doubt because developers recieved dev kits in October, and they probably thought the Wii would crash and burn like the Gamecube, but I think if Super Paper Mario doesn't deliver all it's hyped up to be, then I may not purchase a game until July or August, and I'm not one to go by any game reviews.
snakeofsolid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 snakeofsolid
Member since 2005 • 2140 Posts
i believe plain and simple its the price thats driving people so forcefully against it, if anything, the ps2 had a drought till MGS2/DMC/FF10/and GTA3 came out, so its definately not the games id say.
VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts
So a game has to score above 8 before its considered good? That's kinda foolish...every console could have a drought if you're looking for one..which i can tell you are.
Avatar image for PaintballinDude
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PaintballinDude
Member since 2004 • 1092 Posts

here on SW for its "lack of games" when the Wii has had only ONE game score above an 8.0 since November 19th? Before Thanksgiving people....and that one game is a mini-game compilation. Cmon seriously. But Bu bu teh sales and teh gameplay!!11!1 :cry:

Uptown
People tend to bash the things they dont like the most to make them selfs feel secure.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
Umm its sony...everyone here feels the need to bash sony for anything that happens. Heck the bubonic plague was brought forth by midevil sony.
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts

here on SW for its "lack of games" when the Wii has had only ONE game score above an 8.0 since November 19th? Before Thanksgiving people....and that one game is a mini-game compilation. Cmon seriously. But Bu bu teh sales and teh gameplay!!11!1 :cry:

Uptown
Its funny cuz u own a wii and u're alwyas bashing it. all ur topic are anti-wii or u're a fakeboy or big big cow
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShakeNBake1491
[QUOTE="Uptown"]

venture00
Its funny cuz u own a wii and u're alwyas bashing it. all ur topic are anti-wii or u're a fakeboy or big big cow

haha nice sig, but um, he does have a Wii, he just doesn't like any of the games on it, or at least I think that was him.
Bandit_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Bandit_Haze
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts

Uptown

i'd hate to nit pick... but theres actually 4wii games above 8.0 ... 6 wii games 8.0 and above .. 13 games 8.0 and above, if you inc. VC games

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts
Most lemmings bash the PS3 because they can't afford one. I bet if you did a poll(not trying to flame) anyone but I bet most lemmings here are under the age of 16.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Viviath
Most lemmings bash the PS3 because they can't afford one. I bet if you did a poll(not trying to flame) anyone but I bet most lemmings here are under the age of 16.InfamousC
lol...here you can borrow my flame shield...you are gonna need it... :?
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts
Most lemmings bash the PS3 because they can't afford one. I bet if you did a poll(not trying to flame) anyone but I bet most lemmings here are under the age of 16.InfamousC
And i bet that most Cows here got the PS3 with mom and daddys money ;)
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
Like I really care what some fanboy says? I plan on buying a PS3 -supercharged-
bless you. anyone who takes what people say on this forum, is a FOOL.
Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Viviath
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]Most lemmings bash the PS3 because they can't afford one. I bet if you did a poll(not trying to flame) anyone but I bet most lemmings here are under the age of 16.venture00
And i bet that most Cows here got the PS3 with mom and daddys money :roll:

And if they did...whats so bad about that? I bet most college students go to college with mommy and daddy's money... :(
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
[QUOTE="-supercharged-"]Like I really care what some fanboy says? I plan on buying a PS3 xxThyLordxx
bless you. anyone who takes what people say on this forum, is a FOOL.

You would be suprised.. I'm sure alot of fanboy's have brainwashed people in some way or another.
Idonomeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Idonomeus
Member since 2006 • 2273 Posts
Unless you own a 360 the PS3 has better games than the Wii IMO.
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts

You know, I could never descend into the undue scrutiny and bashing that surrounds PSP and PS3 for one reason and one reason only...Sony first and second parties.

They consistently deliver games that interest me across a wide spectrum of genres, it doesn't matter that they are all on Sony platforms (SCE Online notwithstanding) because they are honestly among my favorite developers..period.

Naughty Dog
Insomniac
Psygnosis (Studio Liverpool)
Level-5
Team Ico
SCEA Santa Monica

All of these groups and more consistently intrigue me with their projects and wow me with their work.

lol...here you can borrow my flame shield...you are gonna need it... :?Viviath

He doesn't deserve one..he gives us a bad name.

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Uptown
[QUOTE="Uptown"]

venture00

dont get your panties in a bunch.  Excuse me for not caring about games for a console I own.  Its not my fault...What I said initially IS true and theres really no denying it.  The Wii has had one game since NOVEMBER....and will continue to be that one game until April 9th. Heaven forbid someone speak truthfully about something here instead of just always praising something they own.  Nintendo has always sucked with game droughts, people denied the Wii would have these problems, and it already is.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts
I find it kinda funny. Sony tries so hard, but they keep getting kicked in the balls repeatedly.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
I saw a thread that ask people age. Most ages I saw was 17-21. being that this board is mostly lemmings. You can assume that most lemmings here are between the ages 17-21. Most 17-21 year old don't have the money to buy a $600 console.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Uptown
I guess sheep have no input on this subject....i hate when good threads fail
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts

here on SW for its "lack of games" when the Wii has had only ONE game score above an 8.0 since November 19th? Before Thanksgiving people....and that one game is a mini-game compilation. Cmon seriously. The next promising game is April 9th, and after that....June...Big Brain Academy lol. But Bu bu teh sales and teh gameplay!!11!1 :cry:

Uptown
Wii gets SPM in 2 weeks
D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts

Uptown
Look up the price of a PS3, then rethink your topic.
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts
so why are cows trying to compare the ps3 with the wii and bashing the wii?i thought we all know by now that,the wii is in a different direction.the ps3 and the 360 should be compared
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Uptown

so why are cows trying to compare the ps3 with the wii and bashing the wii?i thought we all know by now that,the wii is in a different direction.the ps3 and the 360 should be comparedwiistation360

so that allows the Wii to have a game drought? this is hilarious....this post + the one above this pointing out price to divert from the actual subject....Apparently its okay for these Wii games to suck because the system is only $250. pft

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 D0013ER
Do you honestly give that much of a rat's ass about other people's opinion of your system of choice?
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Uptown

Do you honestly give that much of a rat's ass about other people's opinion of your system of choice?D0013ER

isnt that the point of SW? ;S 

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 D0013ER
The point is people are obviously finding something to like about these "crappy" Wii games you speak of, otherwise the Wii wouldn't be spanking every other console in sales.
Avatar image for deactivated-62d1b87aec423
deactivated-62d1b87aec423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 deactivated-62d1b87aec423
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts

Wow, the OP is right. I kinda just realized this, but I think people should start focus firing the Wii. I am really for the innovative controller, but not with a bunch of RETARDED and ANNOYING mini-games. Where are the full games with an actual story, great music and gameplay?

I swear that's why I dropped my Nintendo DS. It just got way too gimmicky. Wii has mini-games and the DS has a second screen that doesn't need to be touched at all for a lot of its games. The second screen just serves as a freakin' map. Whoopdee doo. I'm getting tired of Nintendo getting by just 'cause it's 250. The only games I'm going to get for it are Godzilla and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. After that? Gaming drought. I'm kind of sick of Mario too.

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Uptown

The point is people are obviously finding something to like about these "crappy" Wii games you speak of, otherwise the Wii wouldn't be spanking every other console in sales.D0013ER

or maybe they play it at a friends...say hey this is spiffy and buy one...thats where the Wii gets its marketing from. Initial wowness factor of something different in consoles....im sure many people that own one TODAY dont play it half as much as they did in decemberÂ