Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Don't laugh the IPAD 3 & 4 are capable of some pretty sweet graphics, not going to list specs, goto Apple and look for yourself.

Yes touch screen controls are not as good as actually buttons and sticks, but the variety of games is far more vast, and theres a clone for just about every game out there.....Examples

Halo 1-2-3 / Nova 1-2-3

Call of Duty 1-4 / Modern Combat 1- 4

Oblivion & Skyrim / Ravensword & Eternity Warriors

Super Mario / Leps World

Need for Speed 1- 6 / Asphalt 1- 6

Diablo 3 / Dragon Hunter 1 - 4

Demon - Dark Souls / Infinity Blade 1 - 3

Red Dead Redemption / Six Guns

Then we have the exclusives of town building games like Simpsons Tapped Out, Family Guy The Quest for Stuff, Snoopys Street fair, Spongebob Moves in.

Plus the thousands of others too plentiful to list, none of which give you the quote console experience, i know, but most of which are fun to play and $50 to $55 cheaper than a new console game.

I already gave up on my 360 and PS4, i played 360 games way too many times, and got tired of shelling out $65 for a PS4 game, and playing the waiting game for all the ones pushed back to 2015.

Sorry but for now i think tablets are more entertaining, maybe in the long run too.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

"There's a clone" actually means Gameloft cloned them. Which means one company, no matter how diverse its number of employees is, is stuck in a repetitive rut of just cloning.

That's not healthy for a company and it shows in the quality of their games. Blitz Brigade is a copy of TF2 that suffers from a diluted fan base across the App Store's hundreds of thousands of apps.

I love mobile gaming. Been a huge supporter of it for a long time. I even bought NOVA day one. But the examples you chose are why it's looked down upon so often. Cloning other popular games is marketable, but it's harsh reputation to have.

The other side is the mad rush to 99 cent and freemium gaming that is most of the games designed ground up for touch screen devices. This both fancies smaller developers yet annoys larger ones because any "trend" can cut into business, or a freemium model must be taken.

There are lots of middle ground games, Game Dev Story, Ridiculous Fishing, etc. that are facilitated by touch screen controls and have legitimate, mostly original content and depth in them. Unfortunately, they're not the image of mobile gaming, which is why it'll remain inferior to consoles for the foreseeable future.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

So... Playing proper games or getting ripped off with microtransactions while playing knockoffs of proper games...

I'll stick with playing actual games, thank you very much

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Shame how each and every single one of those games you listed are "so shallow they don't have a word for it" imitations of their console/PC counterparts, or shitty F2P cash scams masquerading as games. You phoneys are so adorable.

If you're going to argue for the legitimacy of mobile gaming, at least mention games like Monument Valley, World of Goo, Infinity Blade 3, TWEWY, Super Monkey Ball, Peggle, TWD, Blek, Rayman Run, Terraria, or any of the several dozen other games that actually leverage the strengths of the platform instead of playing at being real gaming devices.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@darkspineslayer: How do you remember this many games this late at night, damn.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

@Blabadon said:

@darkspineslayer: How do you remember this many games this late at night, damn.

Flicked through my iPad folders to be perfectly honest. Love that 64GB.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

I'd rather game on my kindle fire's nicer screen.

Also probably 75% of newish mobile games support bluetooth controllers.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Slimmin360

@roler42 said:

So... Playing proper games or getting ripped off with microtransactions while playing knockoffs of proper games...

I'm not arguing the quality of IPAD games against console games, thats pointless, console games are far superior, my point is, right here and now there are literally thousands of app store games to choose from and whether there cheap knock offs or not, they are still VERY entertaining and for Free or 99-cents to $6.99 you can't beat it.

Sometimes sacrificing a little quality in graphics or story, or controls, or all of the above, so you can have a better variety of games and free or cheap games to peruse through is well worth the time and low cost considering the lack of current console choices and extremely high cost of each new console game release.

I have a PS4 and a 360 and i haven't touched them in weeks, i've just been playing the above listed IPAD games and more, because the choices are nearly infinite and the cost is nearly nothing, simple common sense as far as i'm concerned.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

So the argument is to lean towards the range of game styles on the platform?

Let's ignore all the amazing Indy titles on consoles and handhelds, many of which I got for next to nothing on steam or free on PS+, usually across several platforms. Then sure, you might have a point.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Oh Look... Another Apples and Oranges comparison..... Those never get old.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@roler42 said:

console games are far superior

And the argument is officially over... Quality over quantity, enjoy your knockoffs, we like playing actual games, I don't want an iPad with cheap knockoffs, I don't need an ipad, I like to support originality and complete products, not ripoffs and P2W cash grabs

You enjoy those? more power to you, you are a minority here and i'll be more than happy if it stays that way

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

If you want mobile games so badly, why even bother with an iPad?

Just open your Steam account (or other PC titles) and use one of these:

Intel Bay Trail tablet running x86 Windows 8.1 (Dell Venue 8 Pro)
Intel Bay Trail tablet running x86 Windows 8.1 (Dell Venue 8 Pro)
GestureWorks Gameplay - Customize and create your own touch controls and gestures or download a pre-set controller for a game of your choice
GestureWorks Gameplay - Customize and create your own touch controls and gestures or download a pre-set controller for a game of your choice
Sonic Generations
Sonic Generations
South Park: The Stick of Truth
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Portal 2
Portal 2
Bastion
Bastion
Braid
Braid
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 4
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VII
Super Street Fighter IV (2 player mode)
Super Street Fighter IV (2 player mode)
Starbound
Starbound
TrackMania
TrackMania
Limbo
Limbo
Half Life 2
Half Life 2
TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

the only games that really shine on iPad are the ones that are designed around the touchscreen. Like puzzlers and point & click adventures, they are brilliant

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

There's only a few good games on Ipad--Peggle and Chess.

All the knock offs are the reason I don't care for the games. Street Fighter on a touch screen?....lol

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Ipad for gaming... lol.

Lance2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lance2500
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts

The iPad has DOOM on it. But so do the consoles. I might play some DOOM later today.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

Don't laugh the IPAD 3 & 4 are capable of some pretty sweet graphics, not going to list specs, goto Apple and look for yourself.

Yes touch screen controls are not as good as actually buttons and sticks, but the variety of games is far more vast, and theres a clone for just about every game out there.....Examples

Halo 1-2-3 / Nova 1-2-3

Call of Duty 1-4 / Modern Combat 1- 4

Oblivion & Skyrim / Ravensword & Eternity Warriors

Super Mario / Leps World

Need for Speed 1- 6 / Asphalt 1- 6

Diablo 3 / Dragon Hunter 1 - 4

Demon - Dark Souls / Infinity Blade 1 - 3

Red Dead Redemption / Six Guns

Then we have the exclusives of town building games like Simpsons Tapped Out, Family Guy The Quest for Stuff, Snoopys Street fair, Spongebob Moves in.

Plus the thousands of others too plentiful to list, none of which give you the quote console experience, i know, but most of which are fun to play and $50 to $55 cheaper than a new console game.

I already gave up on my 360 and PS4, i played 360 games way too many times, and got tired of shelling out $65 for a PS4 game, and playing the waiting game for all the ones pushed back to 2015.

Sorry but for now i think tablets are more entertaining, maybe in the long run too.

From http://www.anandtech.com/show/6872/the-great-equalizer-apple-android-windows-tablets-compared-using-gldxbenchmark-27

Apple iPad 4 getting beaten by an old Intel HD 4000 ULV (the slowest version in Intel's HD 4000 family). There's a performance difference a between 4000 HD ULV IGP and laptop HD 4000 IGP.

Intel HD 4000 ULV was superseded by Intel Haswell's IGP e.g. HD 4400 ULV for Microsoft Surface 2 Pro.

There are 7 inch tablets with Intel Core i5 "Haswell" ULVs with 8 hours battery life and it doesn't require fan cooling.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Slimmin360

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Ipad for gaming... lol.

Have you ever played games like Infinity Blade or Kings Bounty, or any of the others i listed above, alot of them have great graphics and solid controls and gameplay, Anyone in here who considers themselves a real gamer and loves all genres of games, would not turn their nose up at any gaming platform.

I have found myself on my IPAD for 4 to 8 hours a day over the past week, and thats more than i can say for my PS4 or 360 which has not been touched in weeks. So that in itself says alot to me.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Slimmin360

@Heirren said:

All the knock offs are the reason I don't care for the games. Street Fighter on a touch screen?....lol

I'll play any so called knock off that costs $5.99 compared to its actual counterpart that may cost between $40 to $60, if all i have to do is adjust to touch controls and accept a slightly less graphical performance.

Whats so funny about Streetfighter someday being on a touch screen, Soul Calibur is, and it plays fine.....and if you truly think that there is only Peggle and Chess games offered by the App store that literally has hunderds of thousands of games available, then you have never played any amount of games on an IPAD.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Ipad for gaming... lol.

Have you ever played games like Infinity Blade or Kings Bounty, or any of the others i listed above, alot of them have great graphics and solid controls and gameplay, Anyone in here who considers themselves a real gamer and loves all genres of games, would not turn their nose up at any gaming platform.

I have found myself on my IPAD for 4 to 8 hours a day over the past week, and thats more than i can say for my PS4 or 360 which has not been touched in weeks. So that in itself says alot to me.

Halo: Spartan Assault and Asphalt 8 run well on my Dell Venue 8 Pro. I can run Star Trek Online (MMO+RPG) on my Dell Venue 8 Pro with a 3G wireless broadband connection.

For Xbox 360/Xbox One class games, I have my relatively thin touch screen laptop with Intel HD 4000 IGP and AMD Radeon HD 8870M.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

@Heirren said:

I'll play any so called knock off that costs $5.99 compared to its actual counterpart that may cost between $40 to $60, if all i have to do is adjust to touch controls and accept a slightly less graphical performance.

Whats so funny about Streetfighter someday being on a touch screen, Soul Calibur is, and it plays fine.....and if you truly think that there is only Peggle and Chess games offered by the App store that literally has hunderds of thousands of games available, then you have never played any amount of games on an IPAD.

Soul Calibur doesn't even play on ipad. That's bs. Everybody here knows that.

Good games on ipad? Well, I'd say Peggle is the only amazing game on ipad. Plants vs Zombies is good. Pinball plays well. However, and this is not just my own opinion but most as well; the app store has next to zero quality control. For every half way decent game there are 10000 bad ones.

To address you last comment about buying a 5 dollar knockoff game. That attitude is what will put an end to good game design and the industry as a whole. To have a company completely ripoff a group of game designers and artists of their hard work? That's even more bullshit than Street Fighter on ipad. I am actually surprised you support that, being on a game forum and all.